Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Luke Sinatra Offline
New Trainer

Exclamation What is Pokerus, and how can I get It

I've heard about the Pokerus, and it really got my intrest.. but the problem is that I have no idea of how to get It.. and how it works.. Is It avalible for gold and silver??, if so how do I get It.. and how do I use the best of it.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Kayden Javlaíakín Offline

Default Re: What is Pokerus, and how can I get It

*sigh*
From my knowledge, I believe that there is a READ FIRST thread on this. But while it's here;

The Poke'rus is obtainable in Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald. You get the virus by battiling a wild Yanma. Though there are many wild Yanma in the games, your chances of actually getting the Poke'rus are extremely slim. You'll know if you have it, because when you go to the Poke'mon Center, Nurse Joy will tell you that there seems to be bugs crawling on your Poke'mon. Check your status screen. Congratulations, you have the Poke'Rus. :P
The Poke'Rus raises your Poke'mon's(all six, not just one)stats for a brief amount of time.

And also, it's not such a good idea to make a thread title so long, for if it's too long, you won't be able to tell what it's about on the main page. Try to avoid doing that.

yeah yeah yeah
Old 08-15-2005, 09:03 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Girl Kayden
*sigh*
From my knowledge, I believe that there is a READ FIRST thread on this. But while it's here;

The Poke'rus is obtainable in Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald. You get the virus by battiling a wild Yanma. Though there are many wild Yanma in the games, your chances of actually getting the Poke'rus are extremely slim. You'll know if you have it, because when you go to the Poke'mon Center, Nurse Joy will tell you that there seems to be bugs crawling on your Poke'mon. Check your status screen. Congratulations, you have the Poke'Rus. :P
The Poke'Rus raises your Poke'mon's(all six, not just one)stats for a brief amount of time.

And also, it's not such a good idea to make a thread title so long, for if it's too long, you won't be able to tell what it's about on the main page. Try to avoid doing that.
What are you smoking?

The Pokerus is a virus obtained 100% RANDOMLY. When you have it, the Effort Points gained by the infected Pokemon are doubled. The virus exantually goes away, but you can keep it by keeping a Pokemon in the computer box.

-GT

Thoughts: WOW.... WHERE do you get YOUR info?

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 08-16-2005, 03:17 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

The Pokerus Virus doubles stat experience in G/S/C, and i think it's only in Crystal, actually(don't quote me on that). If you ever get this virus, consider yourself lucky. It's like the chances of finding a shiny pokemon, or slimmer or something like that. A pokemon will be infected with this for one 24 hour period, at which point it clears up, forever, they will never be able to catch it again ().

If you put the infected pokemon in a box, it won't lose the virus until you take it back out and let it stay in your party for another 24 hours. Basically, you can train with it all you like within that 24 hour period, deposit it, and the next day do it all over again. Make sure you don't forget it's in your party!

You can pass the virus on to any other pokemon in your party aswell by walking around for a bit with the infected one in your party with them.

Your best plan of attack with this Virus is to infect another pokemon and store it in the PC. This way, you always have the option of infecting any other pokemon you wish to train later on. JUST DON'T FORGET TO KEEP ONE IN THE PC.

~[end !CeMAn's PoKeRuS guide]~
Old 08-16-2005, 06:30 AM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Ice: A buddy of mine has PokeRus on his Gold version.

And didn't the effects of PokeRus take effect after you become immune?

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 08-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Charmander #4 Offline
Master Trainer

I got Pokerus on My Emerald version. The chance of getting are much better than getting a shiny, but it's still hard to get.

The joke that should just go away
Old 08-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Such a jumble of information...

Obtain: The Virus is obtained randomly from any wild Pokemon. Chances are higher than finding a shiny.

Versions: Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FR, LG

Effect: Doubles any and all Effort Values infected Pokemon recieves upon defeating an opponent.

Time limit: 24 hours. Storing in PC pauses time limit, but uncertain to whether storing in PC resets time limit.

Infecting: Keep infected Pokemon in party while walking/battling. Other Pokemon will get infected.

Thanks to Ashkelon, I have Pokerus on many Pokemon, but have yet to begin training them. Infected Pokemon include Sneasel, Deoxys, and others I intent to EV train. If you don't know about EV training (i.e. Manipulating in-game mechanics to strenthen your Pokemon and increase selected attributes) then either learn about it, or don't bother wishing for the Virus. PokeRus is useless otherwise.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 08-17-2005, 12:23 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenaku
Such a jumble of information...

Obtain: The Virus is obtained randomly from any wild Pokemon. Chances are higher than finding a shiny.

Versions: Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FR, LG

Effect: Doubles any and all Effort Values infected Pokemon recieves upon defeating an opponent. STAT EXP in G/S/C!

Time limit: 24 hours. Storing in PC pauses time limit, but uncertain to whether storing in PC resets time limit. It has to reset it... i've had infected pokes i was training for weeks, and, a few times i forgot i left it in my party and they were there until 11:30pm from the morning/afternoon so the total time they were in my party would have been like 35 hours or something.

Infecting: Keep infected Pokemon in party while walking/battling. Other Pokemon will get infected.

Thanks to Ashkelon, I have Pokerus on many Pokemon, but have yet to begin training them. Infected Pokemon include Sneasel, Deoxys, and others I intent to EV train. If you don't know about EV training (i.e. Manipulating in-game mechanics to strenthen your Pokemon and increase selected attributes) then either learn about it, or don't bother wishing for the Virus. PokeRus is useless otherwise.
just some extra thoughts...
Old 08-17-2005, 12:32 AM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Girl Kayden
*sigh*

Okay that isn't the only way to get it but about twenty of my pokes are now infected
Old 08-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Sevic_H Offline
New Trainer

you can get pokerus also from deoxys, its was how i got it anyways
you dont have to battle if deoxys is in your party, after a bit, your pokemon will be infected
the virus is also found in Diamond and Pearl versons, but im not sure about Platinum
Old 08-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Sakuya_Izayoi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevic_H View Post
you dont have to battle if deoxys is in your party, after a bit, your pokemon will be infected
the virus is also found in Diamond and Pearl versons, but im not sure about Platinum
Why did you revive this thread? *PM's Mod*
Old 08-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevic_H View Post
OMG, dude! This thread died in 05! Post if someone posted in the last 30 days, not the last 30 years!

*reports post

EDIT: nvmd about reporting. Sakuya's got it covered.

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Closed Thread