Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo
Default Making a first team?

For a long, long time I've been out of competitive battling. It always sounded like too much work, IVs always confused me, and after all that hard work training my Gliscor I realized it had too much HP and not enough IVs. Plus, I still don't have any level 100s...

I feel like actually getting into competitive battling, but it sounds like so much stupid work for a video game. Is there anything I can do to make it easier? By the way, breeding natures will be a stupid pain since I don't have any third gen games besides FireRed, and a stickied thread sez it makes breeding a whole lot easier (in a way I still don't understand).

Once again, is there a way I can make this stupid process less stupid, and is there a good team I could start out with? (I feel like using a Breloom...)
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Vaughn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 9)

Send a message via AIM to Vaughn Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughn
Default Re: Making a first team?

Azelf @ Damp Rock
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Rain Dance
~ Stealth Rock
~ U-Turn
~ Explosion

Bronzong @ Damp Rock
Nature: Impish
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
~ Rain Dance
~ Explosion
~ Reflect
~ Light Screen

Scisor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EV's: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 120 SpDef / 8 Spd
~ Bullet Punch
~ U-Turn
~ Brick Break
~ Pursuit

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Swift Swim
EV's: 240 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 16 Spd
~ Draco Meteor
~ Hydro Pump
~ Waterfall
~ Dragon Dance

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Swift Swim
EV's: 152 HP / 252 SpAtk / 104 Spd
~ Surf
~ Energy Ball
~ Ice Beam
~ Hidden Power Electric

Breelom @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Poison Heal
EV's: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 SpD
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Focus Punch
~ Spore / Seed Bomb

Hit me up on AIM: neuroticnero

vpp | urpg | pol
Old 08-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
For a long, long time I've been out of competitive battling. It always sounded like too much work, IVs always confused me, and after all that hard work training my Gliscor I realized it had too much HP and not enough IVs. Plus, I still don't have any level 100s...

I feel like actually getting into competitive battling, but it sounds like so much stupid work for a video game. Is there anything I can do to make it easier? By the way, breeding natures will be a stupid pain since I don't have any third gen games besides FireRed, and a stickied thread sez it makes breeding a whole lot easier (in a way I still don't understand).

Once again, is there a way I can make this stupid process less stupid, and is there a good team I could start out with? (I feel like using a Breloom...)
Well, there really aren't any 'good teams to start out with', meaning you;ll have to make your own (with help from someone or without it). About the breeding for natures thing, they're talking about using an Everstone attached to a Pokemon (usually Ditto) that gives a 50% chance of having the nature that the Ditto has being passed down.

As for the actual process of IV breeding and stuff, well there really aren't many ways to make it easy (besides Pokesav). Your Pokemon don't have to be at level 100, though, since Wi-Fi makes them level 100.

Anyways, if it's team help you want, I can help you with that as can a lot of other people here.

EDIT: Wow you type fast, Dr. House. That team works if she wants a rain Dance team, though I do have a few things to say. First off, use Superpower over Brick Break on Scizor if at all possible. All Brick Break does is fail at KOing Magnezone and Heatran who switch in on you, while Superpower can OHKO both most of the time. I also think that it probably isn't the best idea to have both of your Rain Dancers Exploding. Spore>Seed Bomb on Breloom. What does Scizor's EV spread do? Is it actually better than just maxing out HP? By that I mean does it live through anything specific. And Bronzong probably wants a bit more bulk too. And those are Speed EVs on Breloom, right?
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis

Last edited by Tranquil Leafeon; 08-02-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol Power View Post
Your Pokemon don't have to be at level 100, though, since Wi-Fi makes them level 100.
Tell that to my brother, who spent his vacation pwning the E4 over and over again.

To Dr. House, thanks for going through all that trouble just to present me with a beginner's team, though I'm probably more the type to start out with something else...I should probably just try looking at Smogon and trying to figure out crap that way. Me has a talent for finding out things on my own, I hope?

*is thinking more along the lines of a Sporing Focus Punching Life Orb Breloom, Spore is the whole reason I want a Breloom! And strength*
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
Tell that to my brother, who spent his vacation pwning the E4 over and over again.

To Dr. House, thanks for going through all that trouble just to present me with a beginner's team, though I'm probably more the type to start out with something else...I should probably just try looking at Smogon and trying to figure out crap that way. Me has a talent for finding out things on my own, I hope?

*is thinking more along the lines of a Sporing Focus Punching Life Orb Breloom, Spore is the whole reason I want a Breloom! And strength*
SporeSubPunch Breloom is a great option, but Toxic Orb is the better item imo because it lets him keep making Subs over and over again, which means more free Focus Punches.
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis
Old 08-05-2009, 06:25 AM
tk36477 Offline

my breloom has spore, seed bomb, focuz punch, and facade. i got this off of serebii i think but its easy to see why you would use it.
and i also hav a kindra but its attack instead of Sp.Atk. its got waterfall, outrage, raindance, and ice beam.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Sebastien Loeb Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol Power View Post
Well, there really aren't any 'good teams to start out with', meaning you;ll have to make your own (with help from someone or without it). About the breeding for natures thing, they're talking about using an Everstone attached to a Pokemon (usually Ditto) that gives a 50% chance of having the nature that the Ditto has being passed down.

As for the actual process of IV breeding and stuff, well there really aren't many ways to make it easy (besides Pokesav). Your Pokemon don't have to be at level 100, though, since Wi-Fi makes them level 100.

Anyways, if it's team help you want, I can help you with that as can a lot of other people here.

EDIT: Wow you type fast, Dr. House. That team works if she wants a rain Dance team, though I do have a few things to say. First off, use Superpower over Brick Break on Scizor if at all possible. All Brick Break does is fail at KOing Magnezone and Heatran who switch in on you, while Superpower can OHKO both most of the time. I also think that it probably isn't the best idea to have both of your Rain Dancers Exploding. Spore>Seed Bomb on Breloom. What does Scizor's EV spread do? Is it actually better than just maxing out HP? By that I mean does it live through anything specific. And Bronzong probably wants a bit more bulk too. And those are Speed EVs on Breloom, right?
They is absolutely in agreement with your thought.