Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Apocrypha Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Apocrypha
Default Attention Everyone Who Wants Geno in Smash Bros.

I've seen posts similar to this for too long:
Quote:
If Sqaure enix tosses in someone, it will be Geno. Hands down. Kanomi has Snake. Capcom has Megaman.

He represents Nintendo's bond with Square if you want to go emotional.
He was also a keen choice from all the rumors about him being in brawl also.

This is not about representing the Mario series. It is about representing a company. While he is not optimal for reping square, he has alot going for him when it comes to the two companies.
Geno was in only one Mario game that was developed by Square Enix. This does not make Geno the best representative of the whole Square Enix company nor the whole Mario franchise.

Geno is not the mascot of Square Enix. Geno is not in any Final Fantasy games. Geno is not in any Dragon Quest games. Geno is not in any Kingdom Hearts games. Geno is not in any Chrono games. Geno is not in any Mana games. Geno is not in any Star Ocean games. Geno does not even have his own game series.

Geno is not a recurring Mario character. Geno is not in any Super Mario games. Geno is not in any Paper Mario games. Geno is not in any Mario Kart games. Geno is not in any Mario Tennis games. Geno is not in any Mario Golf games. Geno is not in any Mario Party games. Geno is not in any Mario Baseball games. Geno is not in any Mario Strikers games. Geno is not even important in the first Mario & Luigi game, let alone the whole series.

Geno is not a mascot at all. He is a footnote. Only the Geno fanboys think he's the most important character in all of Square Enix history and all of Mario history. Square Enix and Nintendo obviously don't think Geno is that important to play basketball with Mario and Final Fantasy characters in Mario Hoops 3-on-3. If both Square Enix and Nintendo don't think Geno is important enough to be playable in a Mario spin-off game with Mario and Final Fantasy characters, he's obviously not important enough to be playable in a Smash game.

THAT IS ALL.

^ Epic banner made by Anastasia-R ^
Old 07-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Default Re: Attention Everyone Who Wants Geno in Smash Bros.

Just one question: WTF is Geno? I have NEVER even heard of this character in all of the 25 years that I've been gaming. o.O
Old 07-30-2009, 05:42 PM
EmeraldAbsol Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcario View Post
Just one question: WTF is Geno? I have NEVER even heard of this character in all of the 25 years that I've been gaming. o.O
I was wondering the same thing o_o

Old 07-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Neon_Espeon Offline
Elite Trainer

I think It might be this dude: http://mariowiki.com/Geno
Old 08-03-2009, 03:16 AM
fullmetal Offline

Send a message via AIM to fullmetal

You aren't a gamer unless you've played this
Old 08-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Poring Offline

Send a message via AIM to Poring

Come on, people! I've never even played SMRPG and I know who Geno is.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Well since everyone should know who he is according to you, then perhaps you should know who Pike is, or perhaps who Galm and Forte is. Of course, i can come up with a crapload of names from long forgotten great games that will probably puzzle you until you decide to try and wiki them or google search them.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Well since everyone should know who he is according to you, then perhaps you should know who Pike is, or perhaps who Galm and Forte is. Of course, i can come up with a crapload of names from long forgotten great games that will probably puzzle you until you decide to try and wiki them or google search them.
Well to be fair, SMRPG is one of the most successful games in the SNES generation, and thus has had a lot of fanfare across for it, spawning the Paper Mario franchise. It's far from "long forgotten," but it's not exactly high up on the gaming pyramid either.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 AM
Neon_Espeon Offline
Elite Trainer

(^Kenny's got a point there)

So that I can maybe try to prevent any type of flame war that might come of this, may I point out Geno Is just a pile of pixels? A mere fictional puppet character with magical powers? Nothing Incredibly special to the point of SERIOUS BUSINESSSS to be caused over him? ...Eh, perhaps I shouldn't bother.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:50 AM
Poring Offline

Send a message via AIM to Poring

Quote:
I never said that. I was merely surprised that people didn't know who he was, as I thought that he was a well-known character. No need to start comparing gaming knowledge ****s here. <_<
Old 08-04-2009, 07:26 AM
fullmetal Offline

Send a message via AIM to fullmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Espeon View Post

So that I can maybe try to prevent any type of flame war that might come of this, may I point out Geno Is just a pile of pixels? A mere fictional puppet character with magical powers? Nothing Incredibly special to the point of SERIOUS BUSINESSSS to be caused over him? ...Eh, perhaps I shouldn't bother.
A pile of pixels who would kick some major behind in a Super Smash title, I mean he can call upon a cannon, and shoot stars from his arm like a gun. He's awesome. I think the characters in Super Smash are based more on popularity though :(
Old 08-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Sebastien Loeb Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Espeon View Post

I am absolutely agree with your thought, I quote what you have written.