Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui
Default Re: God Or The Big Bang?

i believe somebody (lets say god) caused the big bang and thus created the universe.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 07-28-2009, 12:38 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
I agree completely, that's one of the major reasons I'm against the hands-on God. It does regulate your decisions and lifestyle, and I'd rather live life my own way.
I do live my own life my own way and God's a part of it. I choose to be a Christian and you choose to be Agnostic.

But I will say this, I prefer to look forward to something, then to look forward to nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
I prefer the Big Bang. It has, you know, evidence.
Just saying, some people do think the Bible is proof that God and Heaven exist.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana Marie View Post

I can't honestly believe in god when there are things like cancer and genetic disorders that kill innocent people and/or take someone's life before they are even born. O_o

The world is just to screwed up to believe everything happens for a reason. For me, atleast.

Edit- Wow I sound depressed. x______x
Emo, j/k.
Do you honestly think this life we're living now is better then the one we will have? If it's your time then it's your time.

On topic: I do believe their is some sort of combination of God and the Big Bang.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 07-28-2009, 12:52 AM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post

On topic: I do believe their is some sort of combination of God and the Big Bang.
i do as you can see in the post above yours.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 07-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
On topic: I therefore agree with MagmarMan, though I'll elaborate slightly. Scientifically we can deduce that the universe and everything in it was probably not created in seven days, and most biblical scholars will agree that the creation story was just that - a story, meant to teach certain lessons about God and creation. I believe that God used the Big Bang - or whatever actually happened - to create the world and the universe.
I look at it this way: To God, who was here before the universe and will be here long after, several billion years of creation, universe crafting, building the earth, and creating and evolving the millions of species on earth would only be about seven days to us. And then maybe it got garbled up when the big guy told the people who wrote the Bible. I honestly can't say.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:08 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post
I do live my own life my own way and God's a part of it. I choose to be a Christian and you choose to be Agnostic.

But I will say this, I prefer to look forward to something, then to look forward to nothing.
Mostly at the second statement. That's what I dislike about religion: it seems to exist because people need to look forward to something. People need to have a purpose in life. I'll admit, not believing in a superior being can cause some emptiness. But I'd rather be empty and (in my opinion) realistic than full of a hollow happiness.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:19 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Mostly at the second statement. That's what I dislike about religion: it seems to exist because people need to look forward to something. People need to have a purpose in life. I'll admit, not believing in a superior being can cause some emptiness. But I'd rather be empty and (in my opinion) realistic than full of a hollow happiness.
Yeah that's one of the reasons why religion exisits, but not the only reason. Oh religious people do have 1 major purpose in life, to seek and save the lost(though sadly it seems, people nowadays have forgotten that). Hollow happiness? I don't really understand that, could you explain, because I don't think my happiness is hollow?

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 07-28-2009, 04:36 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
What if you die and find out there is no Heaven? You would've wasted your life.
But then there's the other side of the coin. What if you live your life without remorse, repentance, or whatnot, and then you find out Heaven and Hell exist. Then you're pretty much screwed, eh?

Personally, I believe in God. I believe that he created the universe, and all of us. Where's my scientific proof for this? I have none. It's a personal choice, and a personal belief. It's the philosophy I was raised around, and the one that I follow. Have I ever questioned my beliefs? Of course, just as any logically-thinking person would. However, I've looked at all the other theories out there, and something always draws me back to a belief in God. I can't explain it, it's just a... a feeling, I guess.

As for the Big Bang, I have no idea. Based on my beliefs, though, if it happened, God caused it to happen.

-Jake-

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 07-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Who says it necessarily causes emptiness? I don't have a religion and I don't feel empty. Whatever hole not having some higher purpose to follow has left in me is filled with family, friends, and the purposes in life that I've created for myself. Some people may need religion for that space in their heart but I'm fine.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
Well, if you die and there's no heaven, you're not going to find out about it.
Aye, but that doesn't excuse the fact that you spent your whole life worshipping somebody who, thearetically, doesn't exist. I know that it won't matter, as you're dead, but still. You coulda done whatever the hell you wanted in your life, but you didn't. *shrug*
If there is a Heaven and Hell, I'm screwed anyway. If you listen to music that promotes Satanism and smashes Christianity it's an auto-ticket into the fiery depths. Which is another reason why I don't like religion. Eternal punishment and torture for liking a certain music?
I thought God was meant to be fair?

That wasn't directed at anybody, by the way. :D

Old 07-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Quote:
Aye, but that doesn't excuse the fact that you spent your whole life worshipping somebody who, thearetically, doesn't exist. I know that it won't matter, as you're dead, but still. You coulda done whatever the hell you wanted in your life, but you didn't. *shrug*
If there is a Heaven and Hell, I'm screwed anyway. If you listen to music that promotes Satanism and smashes Christianity it's an auto-ticket into the fiery depths. Which is another reason why I don't like religion. Eternal punishment and torture for liking a certain music?

I don't think you'd get sent straight to hell for listening to the ravings of Scandanavian church-burners unless you do some of it yourself, inbetween tracks :P
Old 07-28-2009, 06:45 PM
james_gotex Offline

Quote:

Not entirely true, now don't get me wrong, I have a feeling I like the same sort of music as you do, but you wouldn't be sent to eternal punishment for that. After all 'God' forgives sins.

On the thread title... God or Big Bang Theory.... I pick neither. I refuse to believe there is a 'God' because I am one of the people whom have to see it to believe it. However, I also refuse to believe that we have managed to figure out the beginning of life, with our inferior intelligence based on a theory.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_gotex View Post
After all 'God' forgives sins.
If he forgives sins, where's the point in trying to be good? :3

Old 07-28-2009, 06:53 PM
james_gotex Offline

Quote:
A question I have been asking myself for a few years now. So I don't be good lol. If 'God' is real and loves us all... He'll let me into heaven with all the cool people Although Hell sounds like more fun!

But to be fair, I do respect religion and all that hooey that goes with it, because back in the day, it was the law. The ten commandments helped people to be good instead of doing what people call wrong. 'Spose it just makes life easier if were all good in the imaginary eyes of the Lord.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Because you have to actually want to be forgiven. ;D

-Jake-

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 07-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Integrity? Conscience? Inner moral fiber? The knowledge of what is right and what is wrong? Summing that all up: Yourself.
Closed Thread