Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Idea: Wings Have We

Okay. So I've been working out an idea for a story for a while now (a month, at the least). It is... Trainer Fic. (Feel free to toss bricks at me for attempting this. I will dodge them with great honor.) I don't write the most... serious stories on the planet, let it be known, so this is probably going to be taken with at least a sufficient dose of humor.

This story starts off with a boy, named Casey, living in the region of Calda - a Pokémon-free region that people go to anyway for the tourism value. This boy, quite unlike some other protagonists, has no desire to be a Trainer whatsoever and is perfectly fine with living in a Pokémon-free region that's about as close to our own world as the Pokéverse can get. While waiting boredly for the bus to school one morning, he happens to notice something shiny under a bush (well, okay, as shiny as you can get when it's under a bush). It's only visible for a second, but Casey is so bored that he's literally staring right at it while waiting. Figuring someone dropped a coin, he gets to his knees and finds... a standard-issue Pokéball.

It should be noted at this point that in an attempt to keep up the region's image the government in charge has banned all models of Pokéball and the creatures they were built to contain.

Well, he spends a while staring at the Pokéball and wondering or not if he should take it while simultaneously ignoring a highly annoying buzzing sound. Finally he decides not to, gets to his feet again, and realizes he missed the bus before running after it. Time-skip to that night, where someone is throwing rocks at his window, he reacts in the usual way, and when Casey opens the window he gets clocked in the forehead with the Pokéball. This mysterious reappearance will be explained, fear not. But anyway, he grimaces at the Pokéball and, not knowing simple Pokéball mechanics, drops it under his bed on purpose before falling asleep.

He wakes up to find a Rotom that had possessed its own Pokéball beaming at him. I have designed the Rotom already.

One thing leads to another, and eventually he is shipped off on an airplane (funded by a... 'mysterious benefactor', shall we say) to the region of Sol (working name; I need a better one), against his will, in order to fulfill A Phione-Generated Prophecy of Utmost Importance and Dubious Legitimacy - Manaphy, the one who usually translates the prophecies, is on sick leave.

...You know the drill from there. Runs around collecting six Gym Badges (I didn't think eight would be suitable for a trainerfic-newbie like myself to handle), fights a villainous team almost everywhere, collects a band of guys - and a girl - to come along for their own various reasons... and a non-League-climax that, surprise surprise, doesn't involve the aforementioned Antagonistic Organization (intentionally) messing with some Legendary or another which then goes on to attack people.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 11-21-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:04 PM
The Politoed Hunter Offline
Banned

Default Re: Idea: Wings Have We

Sounds interesting. And I love a pinch of humour with every story! I'll look forward to it if it ever gets written. :P