Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936
Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Seven Up!

Chapter Eight

Staring into the water, the black-furred Absol knew that this could be one of the last chances he could get to hunt before he had to go back to the ruins where the others were. His right claw raised and motionless above the river he was standing in, he ignored the temperature of the liquid, his eyes instead focused on the prey that was within it. Several fish-like Pokemon swam by, albeit not close enough to actually get caught, but it had come close a couple of times. He kept his motionless stance as he watched a well-sized Goldeen swim close. Just a little closer, come on… he thought patiently. And then, with about the same amount of warning as a lightning strike, his claws struck into the liquid, impaling the Water Type. He swiftly brought his clawed limb out of the water, throwing the catch onto the snowy ground behind him, and he walked over to examine it. The Goldeen was decently sized enough to be able to feed all of them, and besides, it was getting dark enough out to warn a retreat into whatever shelter any Pokemon in the mountains had. The Water Type dead by now, Yaiba picked it up in his jaws and proceeded to carry it back to the ruins where Iyoku was waiting.

Lilac was growing drowsy by now, all the worrying having drained her energy. That single twitch had been nothing, it seemed, for Nazo still had not woken up from his unconsciousness. His fever had also failed to go down, which caused even more concern. We have to wake him up, she thought to herself, because he'll need to eat in order to keep his body strong enough to fight the virus. At this point, however, she was beginning to wonder if he would ever open his eyes again. She hoped Yaiba and Koutei had better luck than she and Iyoku were having.

As he circled high above the forest, Koutei’s eyes were unfortunately unable to pick out any prey. He shook his head, and then spotted a flash of black moving amongst the darkened woods below. Flying lower, he saw that the figure was Yaiba, and so he flew back to the ruins to let Iyoku know that the Absol had caught their meal.

The grey hedgehog paused in his story-telling as he heard something on the wind, and then it was just as sudden as the Staraptor came in for a landing. <Yaiba’s caught a Goldeen,> he informed Iyoku before moving a bit closer to the fire. Sure enough, the black Dark Type appeared from the woods outside, and walked into the shelter, dropping the dead Goldeen at Iyoku’s feet before sitting by the fire. A slight grin came over Iyoku’s face, and he knew that what Yaiba had caught would be enough to feed everyone, so he took the fish Pokemon outside and began the swift job of gutting it, and was back inside the shelter within a few minutes. By this time, the snow had melted and was boiling water, so he cut up the fish-like Pokemon and put it in the pot along with a few extra cut up berries. It shouldn’t take too long to cook, he thought hopefully.

Lilac grinned, the smell of food giving her strength back. <Mmm... That smells great! Good job Yaiba!> Shaking herself as she got to her feet, she padded closer to the bowl, savoring the rich scents coming out of it. She stood next to Iyoku, a question in her mind that she could not bring herself to ask. They were all going to eat... But what about the one who couldn't? Maybe they should splash cold water on him; that always seemed to wake people up.

Watching Lilac, Iyoku could almost sense what her unasked question was. Raising an eyebrow, he said, “You can splash him with cold water if you want. It might work.” But then he snickered slightly, “Just don’t expect him to be too grateful about it.” Meanwhile, Yaiba shrugged at Lilac’s comment, returning his attention to the storm outside the shelter that seemed to finally be winding down. They were at a great height within the mountains, and for a few minutes, he wondered just how far the Glaceon had led them.

Lilac snickered. <I could always Ember him a little bit. Frankly though, I don't think singed hedgehog will smell good.> Turning around, she trotted back towards Nazo, laying down beside him and resting her head on his chest. There was something different about him, familiar...But she couldn't quite place it. It was very faint, and constantly disappeared, so she figured it wasn't anything important. Please wake up soon... She pleaded silently.

Iyoku snorted, “No, probably not.” Returning his attention to the pot of food that was over the fire, he took a large ladle out of his bag and stirred it before letting it simmer a bit more. It’s almost done cooking… should we try to wake him up or just let him sleep? His eyes wandered to the opposite side of the ruins that led further into the mountains. Staring into it, he wondered how far it led underground – that was, if it led underground at all.

Lilac sighed, listening to Nazo's heartbeat. It was strong, hammering against his chest as his body fought off the miniscule invaders that were trying to claim him. At this point, the scent of the food was becoming overwhelming, and she wondered how he could not be smelling it. His breaths were deep yet struggling - a sign he was in a coma. However, his breaths were becoming lighter, similar for when you are beginning to wake from sleep. She jolted, realizing what it meant. Standing up, she turned to look at Iyoku, eyes wide with excitement. <Iyoku - I think he's waking up! Try coming over and talking to him!> She was trying not to yip with joy - at this point in time, it was becoming particularly difficult.

The grey hedgehog stood up and walked over to Nazo, and was soon able to pick up the same signs that she had. At first, he wondered what to talk about, but then a grin came over his face as a large section he had read about evolution stones came to mind. He began his lecture, hopefully loud enough for Nazo to hear despite his state.

Lilac looked in amazement at Iyoku, trying hard not to laugh. <That's what you're going to talk to him about? We're trying to wake him up, not put him back into a coma! Although, he does like studying rocks...> Despite how boring it was for her, the lecture seemed to be working for Nazo, and that was what really mattered. Soon enough, the hedgehog opened one eye, then the other as he tried to get an idea of where he was. Propping himself up, Nazo let out a small moan before promptly collapsing back onto his makeshift bed. His hands were rubbing his head, trying to ease the agony that one movement had caused.

Iyoku snickered, “Well, it sure seemed to work,” he said as he helped Nazo sit up against the cool rock wall behind him. After all, that’s what had to happen if he were to be able to eat… The grey hedgehog started as he looked at the pot of soup, seeing it almost boiling over the edge of the container. He hurriedly ran over to it, and proceeded to take the ladle, stirring it quickly to prevent a very messy… Mess.

The headaches were horrid, but calmer now that he was leaning against the colder stone wall. <How are you feeling?> He flinched slightly at the voice, Lilac giving him an eager yet apologetic look. He thought carefully - he was freezing yet hot at the same time, a common effect of fever. The headaches were more like migraines at this point, and he generally felt unwell. Still, the smell of the soup was beginning to restore his strength, just as it had done to Lilac.

After a few seconds, Iyoku got an idea, and proceeded to cut up and drop several Aspear Berries in the soup to help with Nazo’s headache, as well as a few more Pecha Berries to counter the extreme sourness of the former. He frowned, looking into the bag, noting that what had just been put in the soup was the last of the berries they had. However, there was something that seemed to be missing from his bag, but he couldn’t quite figure it out. Then it hit him. One of the Emeralds had fallen out of the bag while they had been going through the blizzard. Oh no... he thought, looking outside the shelter as his eyes narrowed in irritation. The blizzard had eased up only a little bit. However, Iyoku knew there was no two ways about it. After he was done eating, he would go find the red Emerald.

Nazo noted Iyoku's behaviour, and he decided to speak up. “What... Is wrong, Iyoku?” He was startled by how tired his voice was, wincing as a shiver coursed through his body. In an effort to warm himself up, he moved the blankets closer, the whole time silently cursing his weakness. This was one hell of a day; that was for certain. He had a feeling things would only get worse after today.

Iyoku looked back at Nazo, “Er… nothing.” He said, “I’ll just be going out for a while once I eat something.” He looked back at the pot and stirred it again, by far avoiding the spill that almost occurred earlier. He doesn’t need to worry about it; he’s got enough on his plate as it is. He snorted, ironically enough… he took several bowls out of his bag and spooned the soup into them, handing one to Nazo and another to Lilac. Koutei had gone out on his own to hunt again, and so Yaiba had the next bowl. It was after this that Iyoku called out Shourai and the Shinx cub that he had found in the time-frozen woods. The young Electric Type looked at the bowl with curiosity before promptly burying his face in it.

Nazo snickered at the little cub, before turning his attention back to Iyoku. “Are you sure? It is still dangerous out there...” Lilac was busy lapping up the soup, savoring each bite. “Lilac, bring me my bag will you?” The Houndour shot her head up, nodding before padding over to the white bag. She nudged it with her nose; not using her teeth due to the fact soup was clinging to them, pushing it up against him. She realized what he was going to do - reaching into it, he pulled out Sevi's ball, releasing the Seviper. “Iyoku, do you have enough soup for Sevi? Also...” He found it amusing Iyoku had forgotten one vital detail. “I need a spoon before I can eat this meal.”

“Yeah, there’s enough for everyone, but…” he shrugged sheepishly, “I don’t have any spoons.” He took the last few bowls out and spooned the remaining amount of soup into them which turned out to be just enough for Sevi, Shourai and himself. As he ate, he knew it was fortunate enough that he had been able to get his hands on some bowls to begin with. Spoons and other utensils were even harder to come by, even for the rich folk in the future. The trees and other materials had long since hardened to the texture and density of stones, so it was almost impossible to find any, and those that you could find would cost a small fortune.

Nazo blinked, unsure of how to eat the soup. <Just forget your manners and sip it out, Nazo!> Just as soon as she said that, Lilac was eating her bowl once more. Sevi flicked her tongue over hers a few times, before she too began to consume the soup. It was times like these Nazo wished his powers could do more than make crystals and meteors... He began to eat as best he could, but it was blatantly obvious he was having difficulty. Sure, he lived in the wilderness due to everyone hating him... But he was able to make spoons out of the trees. If only there were some trees up here... He thought quietly.

Having finished eating rather quickly, Iyoku watched Nazo for a few seconds, holding back a snicker; he obviously wasn’t used to eating without utensils. He got up and cleaned out the bowl as best he could using the contents of a large snow bank that sat by the entrance to the ruins. Studying the weather outside, he also saw that the blizzard had cleared up some more. Even though it was still very windy and snowing heavily, Iyoku knew he should be able to find the other Chaos Emerald by now. He dried off the bowl, putting it back in his bag, and then put the green emerald that had been used earlier in a pocket that was on the inside of his cloak.

Upon seeing him snickering at him, Nazo gave a half-hearted glare at Iyoku. Watching him preparing to leave, however, worried him slightly, and prompted him to ask where he was going. Lilac was busy licking her bowl clean, while Sevi was taking her time to extract the flavor. Nazo continued to eat his soup, waiting for a response from the grey hedgehog. His headaches had numbed somewhat, but his fever was still raging.

Iyoku sighed inwardly, figuring that there was no way around it now, so he said, “I think we likely lost one of the emeralds on the way here; so I’m going to see if I can find it.” He recalled the way they had both glowed in response to the other emerald’s faint presence in the mountains while they themselves had still been in the plains. It shouldn’t be too hard, he thought, if they could still sense each other from that far apart, I should have no problem.

Nazo grimaced. “I am sorry if it was caused by my illness. I wish I could assist you in some way...” The hedgehog knew there was no way - he was too weak to use any of his abilities, and standing would make the pounding in his head worse. He needed rest, but at this point he was too restless to get it. Lilac watched all of this with curiosity as Iyoku left the cavern for the snowy scenery outside with a slight shrug, having completely deprived her bowl of anything remotely related to the ingredients put into the delicious liquid.

Shourai – who had been ‘sleeping’ by the fire – opened one eye and observed Nazo’s reaction as Iyoku had gone off into the remains of the blizzard to find the Chaos Emerald. Opening both dark blue eyes and yawning a little sleepily, he said, <Don’t worry about it; compared to what life is like in the future… This is somewhat of a vacation.> He paused for a few seconds, <Even though it might not seem like it, this is the most relaxed Iyoku – or any of us – have been for a long while.>

Nazo looked at the silver-grey Eevee, his eyes unsure. “Life is that bad huh? At least he had companions... A fate worse than a horrible future is a lonely one.” He sighed once more, a soft expression crossing his face. Lilac and Sevi were busy attempting to wash their bowls, so it was just him and Shourai present, with Yaiba presumably sleeping. “Let this be a little secret between us, Shourai. Only tell Iyoku when you feel the time is right.” He had a feeling he would be in many situations where he would not be able to tell the hedgehog himself. “I am growing fond of Iyoku. I guess... It feels a bit like having family, a feeling I have not felt in years.” His voice lowered to a light whisper. “I am afraid of losing the only comfort I have ever had.”

Shourai was silent for several seconds while he contemplated what Nazo had said, and then continued, <Well…Life in the future is hard…But, us Pokemon, we’ve only known him for three years.> The greyish Eevee frowned, <Other than that, we’ve all been on our own.> The Normal Type looked at him, <As far as I know, he’s not even told any of us, but, I suppose if you want to know the rest of his past, you’ll have to ask him yourself. Well, once he comes back of course.> Quiet for several more seconds, then Eevee finished, <And… I think he’s beginning to feel the same way about you as well.>

Nazo nodded slowly. “Three years?” He thought to himself before speaking up once more. “I should consider myself lucky I knew my grandfather for nine years. The only companionship I had after he died was the villain Tatsujin, and he used me.” Stopping as a shiver raced down his spine, he continued. “I do not want to intrude on his past. I do wonder what happened though...” As for the last statement the Eevee said, he was surprised. “As for family... I am a bit surprised he would feel the same way. After all... I did kill so many, yet he trusts me completely.” He wrapped the blankets around him tighter, his shivers growing worse and more common.

Shourai shrugged, merely saying Nazo would have to ask if he wanted to know more. However, the Eevee frowned when he saw the sky blue hedgehog wrap the blankets tighter around himself. He got up and padded silently to Iyoku’s bag, looking through the compartments. Soon, he found what he was looking for, and rolled a Tamato Berry over to Nazo. <If you eat a little of this at a time,> he said, <It’ll help keep you warm. Just don’t eat too much – there’s no river around for miles.>

Nazo blinked. “Oh, so you remember what happened do you?” He shivered, breaking off a small piece and popping it in his mouth. He gave a breath of relief as warmth spread throughout his body, while Lilac padded back and repositioned herself next to her trainer. Sevi curled up next to the fire, her cold-blood grateful for the heat. “Shourai... I will be honest with you. I have a bad feeling about this illness...” Lilac's ear twitched, but she didn't bother asking. He would probably explain sooner or later.

Shourai snickered, <Yep, I remember what happened, and I won’t forget for a long while.> He thought about what to say to Nazo about his illness, and then stated, <Well, either way, even if you are sick, there’s not much that can be done about it…All you can really do is to ride it out and hope for the best.>

Nazo's eyelids were drooping once more as he struggled to stay awake. “I will not forget what happened either.” Lilac was softly sleeping next to him, providing just as much warmth as the Tamato Berry. “Yes, I suppose you are right about my illness. Still,” he stifled a yawn, “I wish I did not feel so miserable.” He leaned more heavily on the wall as exhaustion washed over him, despite him having not done anything to bring it on.

The Eevee watched the minor snowstorm outside for a few seconds, and then said, <If you want to, you can sleep you know. That’s probably the best idea if you want to be able to recover quickly.> He didn’t mention that Iyoku had been gone for a while; he didn’t know if Nazo had any real sense of time while he was still sick, and Shourai knew the last thing that the grey hedgehog would want him to do at the moment was worry.

Nazo sighed. “You are probably right, Shourai. Perhaps I will feel well enough tomorrow to travel again.” He couldn't shake the lingering doubt about the last statement, however. Despite the pain that swarmed his head when he moved, he was able to slide back into a lying position, feeling horribly weak while doing so. Despite closing his eyes, his mind was restless. How he would get any sleep was beyond him.

Either way, Shourai thought to himself, I don’t think we’ll be traveling anytime soon…Not ‘till he’s recovered, anyway… The Eevee’s eyes strayed to the snowstorm again, wondering how Iyoku was doing; however, he closed his eyes and soon fell asleep as well.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Almost an hour later, the grey hedgehog walked noiselessly into the ruins, a red Chaos Emerald in his hand along with the green one. He hurriedly put them in his bag so as not to lose them again, and then sat down, brushing off the extra snow that was still on his cloak. Koutei landed in the same building shortly after, and Iyoku recalled him to his Poke Ball before tending the fire a little bit to avoid it fizzling out.

By the time Iyoku arrived, Nazo had long since fallen asleep. His rest was troubled, the fever and chills constantly ravaging his body taking a toll on his sleep. His dreams were no less problematic, full of swirling darkness that tried to consume him in a hellish blaze. Several times he screamed out in his mind, only for it to be swallowed up. Every time he did that, his mouth would clench into a grimace outside the dream plane, sometimes a very low growl to go along with it.

Iyoku noticed the side effects of what must have been Nazo's dreams, and he soaked the same cloth he had used earlier in the snow outside before wringing it out and putting it on the older hedgehog's forehead. With a slight frown on his face, he sat down by the fire and took out another apricorn – a blue one this time – as well as his pocketknife, and began crafting another Poke Ball. Despite the late hour, he was still unable to sleep, and he had a hunch it was because he wasn't used to the cold. For even with the fire that burned in the coals, it was still several degrees colder than he was used to.

Sevi lifted her head to watch Iyoku ease Nazo's troubled dreams, and then with curiosity at the apricorn. <Iyoku dear, what are you doing?> She cooed to him softly, voice tender with a mother's instinct. This was part of her nature, but also was in some part due to her still grieving the loss of her mate Fang. Slithering over to be beside him, her body reflected some of the light from the fire, painting the stony walls with intricate designs of twirling flame.

The grey hedgehog watched as the Seviper slithered over to him, and then to answer her inquiry, he replied quietly, so he wouldn't wake anyone; “I’m making another Poke Ball. Or in this case a Lure Ball; when we get to the next settlement I should be able to sell what I’ve made for a decent profit.” Sliding the knife along the edge of the apricorn, he cut it open so that the top – which was the larger, thicker part of the nut – came off. He set it on the ground, and marked the indents upon the inside of the lower half of the Lure Ball-to-be, which was the one he was still holding.

Sevi watched all of this with interest. <My, dear, that is certainly something. Could I be of any assistance?> Right after saying this, she gestured to her sharp tail, its lethal blade sharper than any knife could ever hope to be. She didn't have much else to do right now, unless they needed someone to hunt. That wasn't likely, seeing as they ate an hour or two ago. So, all Sevi could hope to perform right now was to help out with making Poke Balls.

After a few seconds, Iyoku said, “Actually, if you want, you can work at hollowing out the piece I just cut off. Just be sure to leave four rectangular grooves in it so I can put the reflectors in once they’re ready.” He held out the larger piece to her, keeping a good grip on it for when she cut away at it so the apricorn half would not fall out of his hands.

Sevi nodded, curling her tail around herself to get it in better position. <Iyoku, I am very worried about Nazo. Lilac informed me of what happened - about his collapse. The worse thing about it...> She fell silent, focusing on hollowing out the apricorn. <Well, Fang had the same symptoms. Collapsing, a fever, chills, headaches...I believe he transferred it over to Nazo when he bit him.> Using her tail, she gently cut four grooves into the apricorn like she had been told.

Iyoku was quiet for several seconds as he cut four grooves into the other half of the apricorn and then slid the two halves together, recalling how the Seviper had reacted to Nazo having pinned him down, and then when the snake Pokemon bit him before he had been thrown against a tree. He frowned and asked, “Were there any other symptoms besides what led to his…?” he had a feeling she would know what he had almost said.

Sevi remained quiet for a few seconds, sorrow in her eyes. <Well...He became unresponsive after a few days of the fever. He then started to foam a little, and attack everything in sight. And he couldn't swallow water, either.> She was beginning to realize the disease may have been a bit more serious than she thought, but still couldn't figure out what it was. Perhaps it was PokeRus gone wrong?

Iyoku frowned; “If that was the case… Then it will happen to Nazo as well. I have almost no doubts about that.” He was silent as he finished the Lure Ball, having made the design on the outside of the blue sphere. He put the ball in his bag before taking out another apricorn – this one black – and beginning the same process. “I suppose the only question is… what happens after that?”

Sevi sighed. <I don't know what disease it was...But now that I think about it...Fang was attacked by a Pokemon carrying the same symptoms. We were forced to kill it. I heard some of the other Pokemon talking about it, but I can't remember what they called it.> She swiveled her head to gaze at Nazo, sleeping a little bit more peacefully thanks to Iyoku. <I'm worried, Iyoku dear. We cannot possibly fight Nazo off...He could also end up getting lost in the storm, seeing as disorientation is also a symptom...>

“Well…” Iyoku said, looking outside, “I don’t think that blizzard will be much of a problem anymore, at least. I think it’s starting to wind down.” This had been justified by the fact that he’d had almost no trouble at all finding the other Emerald when he had gone out looking. It was finding his way back that had been the slight problem; needless to say, it was a good thing he had crossed paths with Koutei or he himself would still likely be out there. However, he knew Sevi was right about not being able to fight off Nazo. The guy had the power to create meteors and rifts in space for Arceus’ sake!

Sevi nodded. <That's good, at least. I wonder...> She thought for a few seconds, before continuing. <After the fever started, it was three days until Fang started attacking everything. I think we have the same amount of time.> She shifted a little nervously. <Should we wake him up and tell him? Perhaps if he knows what is going to happen, he might be able to somehow prevent the worst symptoms.>

“Yeah, it's probably a good idea to do that,” Iyoku said in reply. To be honest, this whole thing was beginning to make him nervous. In the future, there were many diseases and the like but he had no doubt that others from the past had gone extinct as time went by. There were many that existed in the future that obviously did not in the past, and vise-versa.

Sevi flicked her tongue out, somehow being able to scent the grey hedgehog's discomfort. <Please do not be scared, Iyoku dear. The last thing he would want to do would be to hurt any of us. Now come, let's try to deliver the news gently. We don't want him to freak out, even if it is unlikely.> With that last statement said, the Seviper turned and began to slither slowly towards Nazo, as if trying to put off the inevitable by moving so sluggishly.

Iyoku smiled grimly, “I don't think that he would harm us; I’m more worried about what comes after that stage.” After saying so, he put the black apricorn on the ground and got to his feet, following the same path as Sevi. He felt that wariness was justified, but there wasn’t anything that could be done about it, so he filed it in the back of his mind.

Sevi stopped beside Nazo, thinking to herself. <Perhaps there is nothing worse after that stage. Have you heard of anything like this, Iyoku dear?> Sevi found herself asking this, nudging Lilac who lifted her sleepy head. Sevi quickly explained what was going on, causing Lilac to begin shuddering. She knew something bad was going to happen as well, she had just hoped it had only been her own mind. So much for that. The Seviper then proceeded to nudge Nazo, causing the hedgehog to groan and attempt to curl up further in the blankets. With repeated attempts from Sevi, the hedgehog finally opened his eyes, asking with annoyance what was going on.

Sitting down, Iyoku answered Sevi’s question telepathically that he hadn’t heard of anything like it before. He hesitated a few minutes before attempting to explain the situation to Nazo. “I was having a discussion with Sevi, and it seems that there's more to Fang’s behaviour than was originally thought…” he continued, delivering the basics of what had happened and the issues that had arose before the Seviper’s attack.

By this point, Nazo had somehow managed to sit up, listening with a grave silence. “I see...” He furrowed his brows, thinking to himself. “If that is the case, then I have no reason to doubt the same will happen to me.” He could see the slight nervousness in Iyoku's stance. “Iyoku, have no fear. I will do everything in my power to prevent any injuries. However,” and with this he crossed his arms, “I do have a weak point. If it is necessary, you may have to attack me. My weak point is the crescent scar on my forehead. An attack there, using something perhaps like that technique you used to stop Latios, will temporarily disrupt my aura. It will cause me great pain, but if anything, it should snap me to my senses.” Lilac hoped he was just joking, but from the dead seriousness in his eyes, she knew he was not.

Iyoku recalled the said attack he had used to stop Latios in his tracks earlier; it was called Shadow Claw, and as Nazo suspected, it would do a good enough job to stop him should Iyoku have to attack in self-defense. However, he would have to be careful not to overdo it, for if he did, a permanent injury would be caused. The attack used Aura energy that was solidified enough to attack, but still energy-based enough to cause major damage that was not just physical.

Nazo was still thinking quietly to himself, shivering every so often. “Of course...You could always go on ahead.” He winced as Sevi and Lilac simultaneously voiced their opposition to the idea, but he was silently grateful that they wanted him around. He broke a piece of the Tamato Berry off, eating it to help warm himself up again. Things are beginning to turn south... He grimly thought.

Iyoku was silent, contemplating. He had as much of an objection to leaving Nazo behind as Lilac and Sevi did. However, that would not change the events that were to happen in the next few days, that much he knew was for sure. Once this ordeal was over and done with, they would have to put all of their time into finding the Monogatari Karei. But, with the blizzard having let up… Would the one who had caused it still be in the area?

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Chapter Nine

Lilac padded anxiously by the cave front, looking outside to the beautiful, crystal clear snow; worry clinging to her pelt. It's been two days since Sevi revealed what happened to Fang...Nazo's only been getting worse. She sat down, shifting nervously. We decided to stay here...But...We only have about one day left before...Was it the right choice? She shuddered. Nazo mostly slept now, trying to regain his strength...But so far, his fever had yet to break. Her thoughts were a confusing storm, with no definable light amongst the clouds.

As the black Absol carefully picked his way through the white, snowed-in woods, he was just as uneasy as Lilac and the others were. Not only for what was happening to Nazo, but he could also sense something else brewing on the horizon and was unable to pick out exactly what it was. He knew that it was some kind of disaster for sure, but what?
He shook his head and proceeded down to the riverbank to catch their next couple of meals for the day. As his dark grey, black furred claw lifted until it was just above the waters, he was thankful that they still had a source from which to get food from. If this had happened in the future… they likely would have been dead by now.

Lilac whimpered with worry as she turned away from the entrance, trotting back to where the fire still burned. Her eyes tracked over to the hedgehog laying limply on his side, covered by a blanket and a cloth on his forehead. By now, his chills were near constant, seen by him always shaking underneath the cover. Occasionally, he would even moan, often startling the poor Houndour. He's getting worse... Lilac tried to push the grim thought from her head, but it persisted, filling her mind. She couldn't deny it any more - he was slowly becoming a danger.

Iyoku stayed by the cave entrance as he waited for Yaiba to come back with their meal. However, his mind constantly racked his bran for an explanation as to what the sickness Nazo had caught was. After a few more futile seconds, he sighed inwardly, irritated. There may have been much in those books, he thought with a frown, but not much on these illnesses of the past.

Shourai in the meantime stayed next to the Shinx cub – whom had been named Flash by now – trying to figure out what Nazo’s predicament could be. However, when he drew a blank, he asked Flash, but even the Electric Type was too young to know much about what had happened.

Heavily, Lilac padded back over to her trainer, looking down at his fragile body. He looks so weak...Nothing like the Palkia's Scourge I met. She shifted on her paws, trying to figure out why she was so afraid. He won't hurt us...Will he? He had killed others; after all...Regardless if his soul had been split in half, it was still part of his soul. He could kill us...And so easily, too... A whine escaped her throat, warbling in the air for a few seconds before dying away.

Iyoku was still lost in thought, so it was Shourai who had heard Lilac’s whine, however quiet it may have been. The Normal Type silently walked to where the Houndour was sitting, watching the sky blue hedgehog as well. He felt a little uneasy, just as Lilac and the other Pokemon did as well; however, they had chosen to stay here until whatever would happen happened. Flash watched as well, studying what was happening with his yellow eyes. He was also wary, but for more than the one reason that was in the cave right now. He could sense something was about to happen.

Lilac looked gratefully at Shourai, fear dimly showing in her eyes. <I'm scared for him, Shourai...I'm scared about what he could do to us, too. He's so strong...I mean, Palkia hates him for his powers! How can we stand against someone like that?> A shudder ran through her body, causing her fur to stand on end. A faint scent had also reached her nose, which she had smelled much earlier on. What was it? It seemed familiar...

Shourai was quiet for a few seconds before he delivered his reply; <Either way, there’s nothing we can do about it,> he said <...And, you heard what he said…He would do anything in his power to avoid causing any harm. We’ll get through it,> he finished, <Even if it takes longer than we thought, it will come to an end as most everything does.>

Lilac sighed. <I know...But...Heck, even strong people fall sometimes...And I'm worried about the end that you said.> The Houndour leaned in, scenting the air. It smelled sickly, enough to make her stomach turn despite how faint it was. With sudden realization, she shrank back, purple eyes wide with shock and terror, her yelp echoing off the cave walls. <He...He smells like death!>

The Eevee took a wary step back upon Lilac’s revelation while Iyoku started, jolted out of his thoughts. His hand, by a quick reflex, went to the sword he kept on his back, but then he stopped upon noticing there was nothing attacking them. Turning around, he asked Shourai what was wrong. The Evolution Pokemon hesitated a moment, and then said, <Lilac… she says that Nazo has the scent of death around him.> He paused for a moment, before realizing he could sense it too, albeit it was faint.

Lilac was trembling at this point, unsure of what to do. <Iyoku...What...What's going to happen? Is he still alive?> Sevi had curled into a ball, trying to block out the thought of another dying because of her dead mate. The Houndour glanced from Iyoku to Nazo, afraid to approach and see if the hedgehog was breathing or not. For all she knew, he could have fallen into a coma.

Seeing Lilac was hesitant, Iyoku himself went to where Nazo was lying, and checked his pulse. He sighed inwardly, relieved; his heartbeat was strong, but seemed to be rather unpredictable. He was breathing too, albeit with some difficulty. What is this? He thought, beginning to get irritated again, I’ve never seen anything like it.

Lilac watched with apprehension, looking on with cluelessness. <Is he...Is he all right?> This was asked quietly, with fear for the answer. She was beginning to worry that this disease could kill Nazo, and...What if it spread to them? The world would be doomed. Already, time was stopping, and while this was happening they were stuck in this cave.

“Well,” Iyoku said, “His heart is still going, and he’s still breathing…” it seemed like he was about to say more when a frantic scrabbling of claws on stone sounded as Yaiba rushed into the cave. He seemed to be a little out of breath, but he was pacing impatiently as he told them something that could change their lives for the worse.

<An avalanche is going to happen!> This statement was followed shortly after a few seconds during which a loud rumbling began to echo off the cave walls and as it did so, Iyoku quickly grabbed his and everyone else’s things, dragging them away from the entrance to the ruins only seconds before what was there was completely covered in snow. It suddenly became pitch-black in the cave as the light from outside was blotted out and after a few seconds, a small, dim light began to shine; emnating from Flash, who, despite the rumbles that still echoed within the cave, was using his namesake’s move to provide extra light.

Lilac let out a yelp, scrabbling over to Sevi, who curled around the frightened Houndour. The jolt from the avalanche, along with the sudden darkness, seemed to have woken the sleeping hedgehog up. In fact, he had leapt onto his feet in an instant, quickly stumbling from the headache that he obviously had made worse. His aura flickered a little, but otherwise provided another source of dim light along with Flash's move. He gazed around with tired, confused eyes, unsure of what was going on. “What...Happened?” Nazo's voice was weak, sounding like he struggled to even speak. His breaths came in short, ragged gasps, and a small amount of foam flecked his muzzle. Despite all of this, however, he stood on steady legs. If one wasn't close enough to see, they would actually think he was still as strong as he was before. In truth, he felt absolutely horrible.

“There was an avalanche,” Iyoku said before a barely visible grim expression came over his face, vanishing just as quickly, “things just keep getting better and better,” he muttered with a shake of his head. However, upon turning, he could see from the faint light in the ruins that the cave in the rear, which possibly led further into the mountains, was still standing. It seems like we’ll have to do a little spelunking if we want to get out of here. But…Nazo’s still ill, and we don’t have much food left.

Nazo crossed his arms, closing his eyes in contemplation. “I fear not even Lilac's Ember could break through that snow...And if...” He faltered, trying to catch his breath. “If we attempt to break through, more snow could come down.” He shivered, his fur prickling. The little group, it seemed, was cursed with bad luck.

Iyoku shook his head, “We don’t have an idea of how much snow is above us, so I don’t think even Yaiba’s Flamethrower would do it,” he muttered to himself. The Absol gestured with his scythe towards the unseeable end of the cave that led into darkness. <If there is an actual way out…> he said, speaking through telepathy <...It’ll likely be through that tunnel back there.>

Nazo followed Yaiba's gaze, sighing. “I suppose we should...Get going, then.” Fortunately, he was used to crawling in caves, since it was something he did in his past time. Leaning over while bracing himself against the wall, he picked up the blanket that had literally flown off of him when he had jumped. He then proceeded to wrap it around himself, ignoring the worried complaints of his two Pokemon.

Seeing Nazo getting ready to leave, a frown appeared on Iyoku's face. We'll have enough trouble getting through that cave... if he collapses again... there's no way around it. Speaking aloud, he said, “It won't do any good if you collapse in that cave; Yaiba should be able to give you a ride,” finishing the statement, he crossed his arms, which showed he wasn't about to change his mind anytime soon.

Shourai watched them for a few seconds, amused at how Iyoku was acting, before he returned his eyes to the cavern. He could sense something was in there, but he couldn't place what it was. A mystic presence seemed to emnate from it, powerful yet calm at the same time. It felt like they were... somehow being expected to go into the cavern to begin with.

Nazo blinked in utter surprise, before he responded by crossing his own arms. “I do not need to...Get a ride, Iyoku. Besides...Being on Yaiba with the...The threat of this disease causing me to...Go wild, is unacceptable.” He constantly halted to regain his breath, but otherwise seemed fine. This match of wills should be interesting...

Lilac looked at Shourai, padding up next to him and staring in the same direction. <What could that power be? It doesn't seem dangerous.> She spoke softly, trying not to take away from the intriguing confrontation going on a few feet from them.

Upon hearing Nazo’s response, Iyoku countered, saying, “If you collapse in that cave, you’ll have to ‘get a ride’ anyway, so it would make sense to just go along with it in the first place.” He paused a few seconds before continuing, “And not to mention Yaiba can use the same technique to stop an attack if it should happen.”

The Eevee pondered a few seconds, lost in thought before he heard Lilac’s question. <I’m not sure what’s in there, but…It seems…Well, it’s hard to explain, actually,> he said sheepishly.

The sky blue hedgehog shifted uncomfortably. “I do not want to be a burden...” He was in a bind. He knew what Iyoku said was true, but...Nazo's way of conduct was that if someone did something for him, he would have to repay it somehow. He already was in a lot of debt as it was...But he was also disgusted with how weak he had become.

Lilac snorted, nudging the silver-grey Eevee. <Oh, come on ya fluffball! Can't you explain a little to me?> Her eyes sparkled with mischief as she toyed with Shourai, playful but curious. She was trying to help lighten the mood, in all actuality.

Iyoku raised an eyebrow, “We all get sick once in a while,” he said, “It’s as big of a deal as someone wants to make out of it.” Pausing, he added on dryly, “Not to mention the more time we waste as we argue about this, the longer it will take to get out of here to begin with.” Flash snorted, trying not to laugh.

A faint grin appeared on Shourai’s face as he tried to find a decent way to explain what he had felt a few seconds ago, although it was more faint now. <Well,> he began, <It feels like we were expected to go into the tunnel back there to begin with.>

Nazo opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. That could have been due to Sevi coming up and headbutting him lightly towards Yaiba. She would not listen to his protests, only insisting he stopped being so hardheaded and listen to Iyoku. The hedgehog had narrowed his eyes, but finally relented - his stomach was beginning to hurt, thanks to the Seviper.

Lilac grinned. <So that's what it was? Hmm...Well, weren't we led here? Maybe the same one who brought us here meant for this to happen.> The Houndour swiveled her head back to from looking at the Eevee to gazing into the dark depths of the cave. She felt a dim presence, but evidently was not around long enough to sense the complete disturbance.

Picking up their things, Iyoku put on his bag, making sure not to leave anything behind, and started down the tunnel, Flash at his heels and Shourai not far behind. Yaiba crouched lower so that Nazo would have an easier time of getting on his back. We were led here, so it’s possible, the Eevee thought to himself, so why do I have the feeling that whatever – or whoever – is up ahead could attack at any provocation…?

Nazo gave Sevi an annoyed glare as the Seviper grinned at him, but said nothing as he climbed onto Yaiba's back. He was quite surprised by how soft the Absol's fur was, and it must have shown on his face, for at that moment Lilac snickered. Sevi had already slithered off after the group, and Lilac gestured for Yaiba to hurry up before trotting off after the others. Nazo's only response was to wrap his cloak and blanket tighter around himself in preparation for the journey ahead.

Walking so smoothly that it appeared as if his furred claws never left the ground, Yaiba was able to catch up to the others very quickly and keep an even pace with them rather easily. Continuing down the tunnel, Iyoku noticed that it was beginning to slant a little bit downwards, which caused him to wonder how far underground they would be going. The only light that was given off was from Nazo’s aura and the move that Flash was still using, and it danced off the walls, also reflecting off Sevi’s scales which created a myriad of colours on the stone slabs around them. It somewhat resembled the appearance of looking through a stained glass window. Nazo removed his hood, helping to illuminate the cave a little bit more. He gazed at the dancing colors, liking them to the many gems he had so often found when young. His eyes zoned out as he recalled fond memories, which were enough to bring a smile to his face. Lilac was busy scenting the air, trying to figure out what could be ahead, only smelling her friends and the faint death that clung ever tighter to Nazo.

Continuing on, he thought that it was a hallucination at first, but the grey hedgehog could soon tell it was definitely becoming warmer in the tunnel and not only that, it continued to slant downwards at a gentle angle. There must be some magma ahead, he thought, recalling something he had read before. Magma was molten rock that was under the Earth’s crust, but had they already gone that deep? He couldn’t suppose that they had; the tunnel had only been sloping downwards for a little while now. So what was causing the warmth?

As it was, Nazo could not feel the temperature difference due to the fever and chills that still ravaged his body. Sevi was too busy to notice - she was having fun shifting her body to reflect the lights in unique patterns on the walls. Lilac had lifted her head higher, ears pricked and eyes straining forward. Something odd was up ahead...But she didn't know what it was. So this is what Shourai was feeling... She thought to herself.

Within a few more minutes of walking, a barely visible coat of steam hung in the air; slightly impairing Iyoku’s vision and making him wonder what was ahead. Soon enough, the tunnel ahead began to widen, showing that it was beginning to come to an end. He picked up his pace, walking quicker towards the said tunnel end. Upon entering the cavern beyond the tunnel, he saw, mildly surprised, that as he had thought, there was magma, but it was far below them. The cavern was circular with a small hole at the very top where extra steam escaped into the cold air of the mountains. Between the magma and the said hole, there was a platform of stone – which included what they were standing on – that had partially fallen through to the fiery matter below. His eyes looked ahead, and Iyoku saw that the tunnel continued upon the domed sides of the cavern reaching the stone slab that kept them from the molten rock underneath.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Lilac gasped in surprise, her mouth wide in amazement. <Are we in some sort of...Volcano?> She asked, her mind struggling for an explanation. She could feel Sevi stop beside her, leaning over to look at the magma below. Her ears caught Nazo's breathing halt in surprise, before resuming its ragged struggles for air. Lilac's purple eyes looked at the partially collapsed bridge, wondering if they could jump it, or if Nazo was strong enough to create a crystal bridge.

The grey hedgehog studied the stone platform before them, trying to figure out a way around the parts that had collapsed. If the effects of Yaiba’s Ice Beam can hold up long enough, we should be able to cross on that, he thought, but if it doesn’t…Well, it should probably be tested before we even think of crossing.

“Yaiba,” he said, turning around, “Do you suppose your Ice Beam would cover up the gaps in the stone long enough for us to get across?”

<There’s only one way to find out,> the Absol said before he stepped forward as the air around his jaws became freezing cold. He opened his fanged maw, and a massive beam of ice jettisoned out onto the stone before them, freezing it together. As they watched, the ice was able to hold together for a few minutes before it melted due to the heat of the magma below.

“...That magma must be flowing through a tunnel down there,” Iyoku said as the ice finally melted, “Otherwise; I highly doubt it would last as long.”

The hedgehog nodded to what Iyoku said. “Yes. If you look closely at the magma, you can see it flowing in one particular direction.” He had shed his cloak and blanket, holding on to it with his hands. Beads of sweat dotted his forehead, but he seemed to have not noticed. He watched as Lilac tentatively put a paw on a part of the stone bridge, testing to see if it was even capable of bearing their weight. She dared not stray too far, for even though Fire types could withstand magma, many failed to realize only a few could permanently live in it.

“The ice was able to hold, but I doubt it could take our weight and remain solid for the same amount of time.” If that bridge can’t support our combined weight, Iyoku thought, I can always have Koutei fly us across. Speaking of which… he drew the Staraptor’s Poke Ball out of his bag and threw it in the air, releasing the Normal-Flying Type who barely even had to beat the air with his wings to stay aloft. “Koutei,” he said, “can you check underneath the stone here to see how thick it is?” the Predator Pokemon nodded before folding his wings slightly and diving underneath the bridge to examine it. It was a good thing that they came from a time where it was constantly hot, or else Koutei would have had a very hard time dealing with the heat that radiated off the magma.

“I could always attempt to create a crystal bridge, if necessary.” Lilac turned her head to gaze at Nazo, whom had stated the idea. She noted with joy that he seemed to be a little more energetic right now, perhaps due to the heat. She watched where Koutei disappeared, wondering when he was going to reappear. She could no longer sense what Shourai had, but she highly doubted this was the danger.

As he waited for Koutei to reappear, a myth Iyoku had read several years ago came to mind; it was about the gigantic mirage Pokemon called Groudon who had been the one responsible for the raising of the continents eons ago when the world was being created. The Ground Type had only been seen a few times since, and Iyoku began to wonder what it would be like if they were inside the volcano in which Groudon had taken refuge. He heard Nazo’s statement, but just as he was about to say something, Koutei ascended upon the warm thermals in the volcano, bringing with him the news that the stone should be able to support their weight.

Nazo nodded. “Well then, I suppose we should get going.” The hedgehog returned to thinking to himself. A volcano, something I had not expected to find. It is clearly active, but so long as the tunnels below us do not become clogged, and the magma trapped, there is no threat of eruption. He was also pondering where the tunnels lead, to help keep his mind off of his illness. It only worked to some degree, however.

As the group started walking again, Yaiba kept up a constant Ice Beam that froze and stabilized the ground before them. Koutei still glided smoothly on the air currents while they made their way to the tunnel that led out of the volcano. Upon reaching it however, Koutei was recalled to his Poke Ball and Yaiba ceased the Ice Beam seeing as there was no further need for it. Leaving the magma pit behind, the tunnel continued to slope downwards and the only light to be seen was the glow Flash’s move and Nazo’s aura gave off; there was no exit within sight, just a long, somewhat rocky and dark path to follow. Ever so slowly, Nazo felt his eyelids drooping with exhaustion. It wasn't the normal type, the kind associated with over-exertion; it was the type that came with being sick. He slipped his black cloak back over himself, taking care to leave the hood off so there was at least some light. He smiled slightly when Lilac noted that he appeared very much like a dark lump on Yaiba's back. Leave it to her to make him feel a little better. Padding slightly ahead so he could keep up with Iyoku, Shourai began to sense the same presence again, only it was much stronger this time. He could tell from the grey hedgehog’s slightly uneasy stance that he could sense it too, and as they continued walking, a dim light began to make itself brighter, bit by bit, as the end of the tunnel approached. Nothing could have prepared any of them for what they saw beyond it.

A gigantic forest spread out before them in an even bigger cavern that was lit by several hundred crystals jutting out of the walls. The sides of the cavern seemed to be covered in them, and upon closer inspection, a dark blue fire was revealed to blaze within them which gave off heat and light, therefore explaining how plants could survive this far underground. At the very top of the dome-shaped cavern was an even bigger crystal that must have been at least one-hundred feet wide. It too was embedded into the top to avoid falling to the miniature world below, and the same fire burned inside it as well. The forest was composed of thousands of different species of trees, threaded through by the occasional river of sapphire blue water. That was not the end of it however; at the opposite end of the cavern from where they stood, there was a waterfall that flowed out of the wall, roaring as the liquid tumbled into the lake that had formed below the deluge, and mist produced from it snaked through the air, giving the entire place a mystical quality.

Nazo slid off of Yaiba, eyes wide with amazement. “My...I have never heard of such a thing...” These words escaped breathlessly, shock trembling through his weakened body, threatening to collapse. Yet at the same time, the warmth and light from the crystals seemed to ease him, negating the shock's effects. “Those crystals...They are different.” Casting his eyes over the forest, he felt pinpricks of a strange energy, but unlike the others did not feel uneasy. It could have been from his illness, or perhaps his own powers boosted his confidence. As for Lilac and Sevi, they had gone rigid next to him.

Seeing that there was a path that led down into the woods, Iyoku and Shourai went down it, followed by Yaiba and Flash close behind. Soon enough, they came to a nearby riverbank whose plant life’s branches were bending so low with fruits and berries that they almost touched the ground. However, before any of them could take a step closer, a voice stopped them.

<Why have you come here…?! This is my territory, leave at once!> the hostile voice was soon followed by a red-furred, four-legged creature with a large, fluffy tail and equally fluffy fur that topped its head that also hosted dark red eyes which glared angrily at them. <I said leave!> the Flareon hissed, her voice low with anger and the ground at her paws confirming it due to the smoke that snaked upwards from the singed grass.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:01 PM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapters Eight and Nine Up!

Double chapter! Woo! ^^ I read this last night, but kinda rushed it so I'll probably read again. XD
Wow, blizzards and avalanches, and volcanoes- OH MY! XD Uh...yeah. <.<
Anyway, great job keeping things interesting guys. ^^
Boy, they sure stumbled onto something there at the end, didn't they? And now Nazo's getting worse? He smells like death!? oO I know who to blame for that one, I'm sure. >.>
Well, keep working on it you two. Now if you'll excuse me... *holding tennis racket behind back* Oh Graaa-ssy! Could you come here for just a minute? ^^
Old 09-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

0o *Runs away*

Yeah...Run away Grassy -.- Glad you liked the chapter Kris ^^ Any guess as to what the mystery disease is? XD
Old 09-25-2009, 11:55 PM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Dang it, she always runs. *hands tennis racket to Sonic* Would you mind...catching up? ^^

And I honestly have no idea what it is. oO
Old 09-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Double chapter! Woo! ^^ I read this last night, but kinda rushed it so I'll probably read again. XD
Wow, blizzards and avalanches, and volcanoes- OH MY! XD Uh...yeah. <.<
Anyway, great job keeping things interesting guys. ^^
Boy, they sure stumbled onto something there at the end, didn't they? And now Nazo's getting worse? He smells like death!? oO I know who to blame for that one, I'm sure. >.>
Well, keep working on it you two. Now if you'll excuse me... *holding tennis racket behind back* Oh Graaa-ssy! Could you come here for just a minute? ^^
Heheh, thanks ^^
And, the next time I post it, I may be doing it from home. I could be getting that Internet connection before Halloween, so that'll be good :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
0o *Runs away*

Yeah...Run away Grassy -.- Glad you liked the chapter Kris ^^ Any guess as to what the mystery disease is? XD
Haha! Yeah, run Grassy! XD

Seeing people getting whacked by tennis rackets is fun >:3

*Grins evilly* I second that.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapters Ten Up!

Chapter Ten

Nazo stepped forward, ready to put his negotiating to the test. “Please, be calm. We mean no harm. We were in a cave, and an avalanche blocked it off. We had no choice but to follow the path downwards, or starve.” His voice was calm and soothing, but he knew it often took more to calm one so angry. While he didn't show it, his body was ready for any attack that might be launched. Sick or not, he had to be cautious.

The Fire Type’s eyes narrowed as she took her own step forward, the air around her beginning to heat intensely, causing distortions and an extremely high temperature. <I don’t care what stories you can spin, I said to leave and you had better do so unless you want to end up charbroiled!> this was further supported by the shimmering air around her seeming to catch on fire and she bared her sharp fangs, a low, threatening growl coming from her maw.

Nazo returned the growl with a response of his own - his ears pinned to his skull. “We cannot go back, there is no exit. Furthermore, I am ill, and need rest. We are all tired. We are no threat, can you not see that?” His own aura helped to dissipate the heat, or else he would have been burned already. Lilac watched nervously beside Yaiba, while Sevi was even further away. She was the type to avoid confrontations.

The Flareon was about to blast the sky blue hedgehog with a ball of red flames when a four-legged figure landed nimbly between the two, effectively causing the Fire Type to stop in her tracks. <Enough of this, Kouena,> the figure said in a female voice, directing her telepathy to all present as she rose from the stance she had used to absorb the shock from her landing, <I sense that they mean no harm, and if you seem to think so, then you may be the one to leave.>

The Pokemon that had stopped them was a Glaceon, and Iyoku started, at first taking her for the one who had guided him and Yaiba through the snowstorm. Countering this, though; unlike the other Ice Type he had seen, this Glaceon was not white in pelt, but the regular colours for her species. Not only that, but she was quite a bit taller than Iyoku himself – heck, she was taller than Nazo – and a staff was upon her back, hovering just above it as the middle of the weapon emnated a strange, white Aura. Her eyes stared down the Flareon, unnervingly calm, and effectively causing her to back away into the undergrowth she had appeared from.

Nazo let out a sigh of relief, just as his strength left him once more. He braced himself against a tree, trying to catch his breath once more. Lilac trembled, whimpering as she went up to her trainer and gently nudging his hand, to which he dismissed. He stared at the Glaceon in surprise, but was clearly grateful, letting the Pokemon know it by saying thank you and inclining his head in gratitude.

<It is nothing,> the Glaceon replied, only watching the Pokemon for a few quick seconds before she spoke again. <You seem to be ill, correct? If that is the case…Follow me, I will show you where you will be able to recover in peace.> Finishing her statement, she turned to walk in the direction of the waterfall at a pace equal to their own; she was clearly in no rush.

Shourai frowned and was about to address the grey hedgehog when Iyoku spoke to him through telepathy. <There’s no doubt about it,> he said, <The strange energy I’ve been sensing...It’s coming from that Glaceon.>

Nazo nodded in gratitude, gathering his strength long enough to follow the Glaceon. Lilac padded afterwards, Sevi slithering beside Iyoku. The Seviper was lost in thought, trying to figure out how a Glaceon could become so large. Even more, what was that glowing staff suspended above her back? She was tempted to ask, but bit her tongue - the Pokemon could easily be insulted, and right now, Nazo needed her help. However, Sevi knew the hedgehog was running out of time.

They continued walking through the thickly forested area until a dull roar could be heard, and soon enough, the waterfall became visible through the trees which had begun to thin out. The falls were well over twenty feet high, and dwarfed the one they had seen in the woods before the plains. However, upon closer notice, Iyoku saw a pathway of stones made its way to the falls over the river that resulted, and the said walkway led to a large, flat stone close to which there was an entrance in the water. The only reason it was there was because another trio of rocks that jutted out of the waterfall several meters up, creating a break in the flow of the liquid. It was through this opening that the Glaceon led them, and into another cavern, although this one was obviously smaller than the outside one - and surprisingly quiet given the fact that several tonnes of water pounded into the rocky bottom of the riverbed outside. The cavern had a small and short network of three or four tunnels, down one of which the Ice Type led them still, and they finally came to a small cavern that was about ten feet high. As the Glaceon gestured for them to walk inside, Iyoku noted that the interior of the cavern had been hollowed out in the walls to create make-shift beds.

He set his and Nazo’s bag down and took a couple blankets out of his own dark blue bag, setting them on one of the stone slabs for Nazo to rest on. Then, the Fresh Snow Pokemon spoke again, saying, <You may rest here until you are recovered, and if anyone disturbs you while you do not wish it…Let me know.> She turned, heading back out of the tunnels and towards the main chamber just inside the waterfall.

Nazo watched her leave, before sitting down on the slab Iyoku prepared for him. “She is very kind. I sensed no hostility in her stance.” He looked up as Lilac padded over, dropping something on his lap. He recognized it as the unfinished amethyst, and the rock he had been using to cut it. She is trying to keep me busy... This thought was pushed out of his head just as quickly as it had come - of course she would try to distract him. He could already feel his mind beginning to sink into darkness.

The grey hedgehog was deep in thought, so it was no surprise that he didn’t hear what Nazo had said. I’ve never sensed such a strong Aura from anyone before… not even Nazo, he thought, perplexed. After a few seconds, he noticed that there was also a large pond of clear water that was connected to what must have been the river outside. He took Kiyo’s Poke Ball out of his bag, releasing the Lapras into her element, and then sat down, leaning against the smooth, stone wall to contemplate what he had been thinking about before as he worked on continuing to hollow out the Black Apricorn. Meanwhile, Kiyo had closed her eyes and a perfectly balanced, beautifully toned song sounded from her as she sang softly to herself.

Nazo closed his eyes, listening to Kiyo for a few seconds before opening them once more. He began to chip away once more at the rock, albeit softly so as to not ruin the song the Lapras was singing. Lilac was beginning to fall asleep, slouching against the stone while her eyelids began to slowly fall. Sevi was watching Iyoku, switching her attention back to Nazo every so often. She noticed that his body, particularly his arms and legs, were beginning to twitch. No, she thought, the twitching...

Lost in his thoughts while he continued to hollow out the nut, Iyoku obviously wasn’t paying attention, so it was Shourai who noticed the sudden tension in the air that was beginning to come off Sevi. <What is it?> He asked as he sat up, wondering what could be having her so nervous.

The Seviper looked at the Eevee, trembling slightly. <It's Nazo. He's beginning to have muscle spasms, and the same thing happened to Fang right before...> She refused to finish her sentence, wishing to not dwell on her lost mate. She was frightened, and nothing could change that fact. She – they – could only hope the hedgehog would be able to keep his wits about him. If not, they could all very well die.

A frown appeared on Shourai’s face, and he turned and nudged Iyoku, drawing his attention before he told him what Sevi had just informed the Normal Type of. The grey hedgehog listened, a grim expression soon appearing on his face. However, he soon came up with an idea. <Shourai, go and see if you can find the Glaceon; she may be able to help.> The dark-silver furred Eevee nodded and quickly hurried out of the chamber, down the tunnel in which they had come. Yaiba was on guard, ready to defend himself and anyone else if he had to; meanwhile Iyoku asked Sevi how long it had taken before Fang had begun to attack.

Sevi thought to herself, before stating, <It was about a few hours after these symptoms started to appear.> She shuddered, remembering her mate suddenly lunging at her, saliva dripping from his mouth and his eyes wild. He had tried to kill his own partner in life, and it had terrified her. She was forced to defend herself with a well placed Poison Tail, and then she had hid, but followed slowly behind. <Fang snapped at anything that moved.> She added that on to what she had said earlier - it was important to know. This disease was spread by bites, and she didn't want anyone else to catch it.

<So…If we don't move around too much, that should help the situation I take it?> Iyoku questioned as Yaiba looked towards the stone arc that was the exit to the other tunnels, listening and waiting for Shourai to come back. The grey hedgehog was silent for several seconds, thinking to himself. If I do end up having to attack, I’ll have to make sure to not overdo that Shadow Claw.

Sevi nodded. <Hopefully, yes. Sudden movements seemed to agitate him the most.> She turned to look at back at the sky blue hedgehog, who was having a harder time chipping away at the stone due to his muscles twitching so much. She turned once more to face Iyoku. <Please be careful. I don't want him to be hurt...>

<Don’t worry, I will,> Iyoku replied, a faint frown still on his face. <Nonetheless,> he said to Yaiba, <We will still have to be careful, we don’t want anyone else to get injured either.> The Absol nodded, before he looked back at the exit as the sound of paws padding on stone reached their ears.
Within a few seconds, Shourai was back, but he said that he had been unable to find the Glaceon. He had scoured all of the tunnels in the cavern behind the falls, but she was nowhere to be found.

Sevi whimpered slightly at the news. <We need her! She might know what to do!> The Seviper wailed, curling around herself, scared. Everything was going so wrong! Nazo was Palkia's Scourge, he shouldn't be falling ill! How could they possibly stand up to him, even with his fatal weakness? If he were to be put up in a fight with the space deity, the battle could tilt either way...And yet here were some less powerful creatures attempting to stop him. They were going to be killed.

The grey hedgehog frowned, and then he got an idea. Maybe…Maybe I can see if I can sense her energy. I could obviously sense Nazo’s back in that cavern, he thought, recalling when he had thought the sky blue hedgehog was an enemy. Closing his eyes, he crossed his arms and concentrated, letting his mind expand. He could easily sense the Auras of those in the room, and as his mind expanded further, he was surprised to sense an Aura coming from the crystals as well.

Sevi watched Iyoku with confusion, turning to Yaiba. <What is the dear doing?> This thought was quiet, but full of curiosity and fear, the latter due to the current situation. Her eyes snapped back to Nazo when she saw him move, but she was relieved to find it was no more than an adjustment to a more comfortable position. His hands trembled as he continued to smack the two rocks together, but he was taking longer before each hit to ensure he chipped the right area at the correct angle. He was still with them, that was good...But for how long?

The Absol looked at the Seviper, waiting a few seconds before he answered. <Iyoku, since he can use Aura, also has the ability to sense it. What he’s doing right now is expanding his mind so he can sense any unusual Auras in the area.> Yaiba could almost see Sevi’s unease radiating off her in waves. Perhaps the reason he himself was so calm despite being a foreteller of natural disasters was because he had learned through many ordeals – ones which he, Shourai, Koutei, Kiyo and Iyoku had been through – that losing your cool was one of the worst things one could do in a bad situation. As it was, however, he could tell many dangers were still to be present on this journey.

Sevi nodded. <I see...The Glaceon gave off a unique sense, which I presume was Aura.> She turned her head when she heard Nazo hiss, finally giving up on the stone and instead focusing on his own problems. His eyes were slightly clouded, and saliva had begun to drip from his jaws (although he tried his best to hide that fact). Add on the twitching and fever, and she could only wonder how miserable he felt at this moment. The poor dear... The Seviper thought to herself.

Still concentrating on finding the Glaceon, Iyoku’s mind continued to expand, but he was beginning to tire slightly. He hadn’t been able to find her, and he had also sensed something else; Nazo’s own Aura had been beginning to dissipate. Meanwhile, Shourai had taken to sitting just inside the entrance to the small cavern, waiting for anything – or anyone – who may happen to pass by.

Sevi looked around the cavern, trying to see if there was perhaps a different way into it. Perhaps the Glaceon had left a separate way, but in all truth, she was trying to distract herself. No one wanted to be by someone when they lost their mind, but like it or not, she had to be. She was prepared to use a Poison Tail to stop him, if it came to that. Better than risking a dangerous Shadow Claw, she thought to herself, and if he is accidentally poisoned, there are plenty of berries around to help.

If his eyes were open, Iyoku would have blinked in recognition as he finally sensed the Glaceon’s Aura. She had gone way out there, and was closer to the opposite side of the cavern, speaking to something. It took him a few seconds, but he knew the other Pokemon was the same Flareon that had almost attacked them before. It seemed that the Ice Type was about to say something, but then she happened to look in the direction of the waterfall cavern they were in. The younger hedgehog started, as he ‘saw’ the Glaceon ‘look’ right at him and he hurriedly opened his eyes. “She should be on her way,” he said.

Sevi looked at Iyoku, utter relief causing her to uncoil and nearly collapse. <Thank you dear...I am sure he appreciates it, if he knew what was happening.> Indeed, the sky blue hedgehog barely noticed what was going on, too lost trying to clear the fogginess in his head to really hear what was being said. By now, Lilac had woken up once more, and had padded over. Sevi quickly explained what was going on, resulting in the Houndour whimpering with worry.

Shourai’s ears pricked, and he was about to come in and deliver the news that the Glaceon was back, however, he was a little late. The Ice Type walked in herself, her claws faintly clicking on the cool stone floor almost as if she were gliding rather than earth-bound; a slight frown on her face. <What seems to be the problem?> she asked; the calm that radiated from her Aura having the same effect upon anyone else who was nervous.

Sevi turned to look at the female Glaceon, relaxing slightly as her Aura filled the room. <It is Nazo, dear. He is suffering from the same disease Fang, my mate, had before he died. He bit him...And now he is having the same side effects. He is entering the dangerous stage...And we don't even know what is causing it.> Lilac lowered her head - it could have just as easily been her. In a way, he protected her from that fate, but at the cost of his own sanity. The hedgehog had closed his eyes, seemingly comforted by the calm that had entered the room. She didn't blame him.

Contemplating for a few seconds, the Glaceon then asked, <What are the symptoms he has had so far besides the muscle spasms at present?> Iyoku was mildly surprised she had been able to pick that out mere seconds after she had walked into the cavern. She was either a good healer… or there was something they didn’t know. He had his suspicions about the latter, because they didn’t even know her name.

Sevi cocked her head. <Headache, fever, trouble breathing, erratic heartbeat, collapsing, foaming at the mouth...And his eyes are beginning to cloud over.> She finished, shivering once again as sadness overwhelmed her. This was all her fault...If she had stopped Fang, Nazo wouldn't be in this bind. She could be in it herself, though...And she hated that thought. He was strong, wasn't he? Strong enough to kill hundreds, to summon meteors, to rip open space...Yet...He's losing to a virus? It seemed impossible, but it was true.

The Glaceon paused for a few seconds, a frown on her face. She then spoke directly to Iyoku through telepathy. <I know what this is, however...>

<But?> Iyoku prompted.

The Ice Type sighed inwardly; <It is a disease known as rabies. Spread by bites, the one who is suffering the symptoms that Sevi described will eventually...> she trailed off, a trace of sadness visible in her eyes. The grey hedgehog didn't have to ask what would happen next; he was able to figure it out himself.

Sevi and Lilac looked between the two, unsure of what was going on. <Dear, what is it? What is wrong?> She could sense something was amiss, but the Pokemon herself was afraid of what her instincts were telling her. Lilac found herself struggling to control the whine that was climbing up her throat – she hated suspense, especially on such a serious subject...And also because the sufferer of the disease was steadily falling asleep, a bad sign.

The Glaceon was silent for several seconds, and then, with a grim expression on her face, told Lilac and Sevi what she had informed Iyoku of. <I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do to prevent it either,> she said.

Meanwhile, the grey hedgehog's own thoughts had become a swirling mass in his mind. I knew I shouldn't have...I should have just kept to myself and no one would've been killed...Not this time... he thought, unwanted memories flowing through his thoughts.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Ten Up!

*Takes off screaming*

*Chases with racket*

...I'm rooting for Sonic.

Geez, Grassy -.-
Old 10-16-2009, 02:09 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

*bellows* YOU GAVE HIM WHAT!?!? DX

Um, Grassy...run faster. =^-^'=

The chapter was still good. We gonna learn an identity there soon?
Old 10-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

*Cackling is cut short as Sonic just caught her*

Wow. Sonic just broke the racket hitting her 0o

*Out cold*

Ha ha, he caught rabies XP *Slapped*

Be nice!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:28 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Thanks, Sonic. *sits down muttering*

She's probably lucky that wasn't Kris. =^-^'=

True, but I think Sonic had his own aggression to get out.

*glares at Shadow* Do you REALLY want to go there?
Old 10-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Chapter Eleven

<What?!? No...No no no! That can't happen! He's too strong to fall!> Lilac whimpered, her telepathic voice directed at the Glaceon, Iyoku, Sevi...All present except for Nazo. <He...It's so unfair...He's died twice already...How could Arceus be so cruel?> Lilac was fighting the tears coming to her eyes, whilst Sevi had long since given in, slithering off to a corner to weep for the disaster her mate had wrought. She so desperately wanted to go over to the sky blue hedgehog, who had since collapsed onto his side from exhaustion, foam dripping from his mouth as pain rippled through his body in visible waves. She didn't know if he was still with them, however...His eyes were cloudy, and seemed blank, yet she knew very well she was not an “eye reader”. He could be there, in his right mind, or he could be a loony. She just didn't know.

Perhaps Yaiba was not as sensitive to the emotion in Lilac’s voice because he and the others saw death on an almost daily basis. However, that did not make it any less sad. He watched as Iyoku recalled Flash, Kiyo and Shourai to their Poke Balls, putting them in his bag, then he looked at the Glaceon. Was there really nothing she could do about the situation? He could sense there was something different about her, but was unable to place what it was.

Lilac paced, turning to look at Iyoku. <Can't you use that Aura healing ability? That should work!> She added on, silently, that it had to work. Houndour were known to be loyal to their trainers, and Lilac was no exception. Her body trembled with both fear and rage, the latter due to her anger that nothing could be done. She had never felt so helpless, or a situation so hopeless.

Iyoku frowned, wondering to himself if there was anything he could do. My Aura abilities are drawn on by my own body…his thoughts ran through his mind, keeping to himself, I could try, but I don’t want to overexert it, or the consequences could be… very bad. Looking at Nazo though, he knew he had to try. He walked over, and put his hand over the sky blue hedgehog’s head; the space below his palm beginning to glow with the same light blue tones as before. <I’m not sure if it will get rid of the disease, but it will definitely help,> he said, feeling his own energy slowly beginning to drain.

At first, Nazo wasn't sure what had happened. He was hardly aware of Iyoku approaching, and jumped slightly when he felt energy beginning to travel through his body. Thankfully, his own power source decided to work together with the new energy, helping to further alleviate the pain. It was still evident, but not to the point of agony as it had been mere seconds before. Opening his foaming mouth, he attempted to thank Iyoku, but was utterly crushed when the only sound that emerged was a mix between a gurgle and a squeak. He cursed himself silently - if only he could get a better hold on telepathy, he could tell Iyoku via his mind.

The Glaceon sat down, watching the two. She could tell they were close, and had a bond much like family. She did not want to think of what would happen if Nazo did indeed die. Thoughts flowed through her mind while her dark, crystal blue eyes looked out the cavern entrance as she pondered a way to do something; she would be able to completely heal the disease, but it came with an important and possibly dangerous revelation. One that she wasn’t sure she should be revealing yet, if ever. If it turns out to be the wrong people, all that we’ve worked for will go to waste...Jin has warned about what will happen, however, not even he or Mitsumae could name specific events.

Iyoku was aware the Ice Type was watching them, but he still concentrated on finding where the pain was originating in Nazo’s body, hoping to further prevent it.

By now, however, Nazo was already drifting off into unconsciousness, fighting with every fiber of his being to stay awake. He wasn't worried about dying in his sleep; he was more worried about what he could do when out cold. His own energy was depleting itself rapidly, and the hedgehog felt undeniably weak. This blasted...Virus. It is...Making me weak... He appreciated Iyoku's efforts, but he didn't want him to waste any more of his energy on him. It was clear to him it was exhausting Iyoku, and he didn't want anything bad to happen to the young hedgehog.

Iyoku frowned, noticing that his energy was also slowly beginning to regenerate now as he went. If I cut down a little bit, I can keep it up, but only at a rate so that my energy replaces itself as fast as it disappears. He didn’t notice that the Glaceon’s eyes were glowing a faint light blue, and she hoped that if Sevi or Lilac noticed, that they would have the sense to hold their tongues and wait.

Neither had noticed the Glaceon's strange ability, too transfixed on the scene going on in front of them. Nazo shifted, closing his eyes and concentrating despite the fatigue that clawed at his body. They watched as before their eyes, his Aura began to change, dissipating into his body and concentrating on his scar, which had attained a slightly brighter glow. Without the white sheen around his body, his true pelt color could be seen - it was a bit paler than one would have thought, comparable to a clear blue sky in the morning that had not fully attained its deep color. The reason for his Aura disappearing was that Nazo was now concentrating his depleted energy, attempting to aid Iyoku combat the rabies virus. His energy was tremendously powerful, but it used itself up much too quickly. This was why he tired so easily when using his abilities in combat. Before, his body had been wasting it, using some to attack the disease while getting rid of the excess. Now, his immune system was putting all of it into effect.

The Ice Type noticed the Aura around Nazo had dissipated, focusing around the crescent-shaped scar on his forehead. She, cautiously at first, let more of her Aura flow so Iyoku could channel it and help to heal the other hedgehog. Iyoku however, had begun to suspect something; his Aura would not have normally regenerated that fast, and he had a strong suspicion that the Glaceon had something to do with it. Either way though, now was not the time for an interrogation.

The hedgehog arched his back slightly as pain rippled through his body once more, and his own energy abruptly cut out, his scar shedding its glow to reveal what it truly was. Contrary to what a scar normally is, it was not exposed skin. In fact, the fur had grown back white, not the same as his pelt. He was exhausted, and finally let the chains of darkness pull him into the sweet release of unconsciousness. His eyelids slid down over his clouded eyes, and his body went limp as his breathing very nearly ceased. Lilac whimpered, knowing that the chance of him waking up sane was very low.

He had every feeling that continuing to try was futile now, considering he was also exhausted. Iyoku – with a telepathically audible snap – cut off the stream of Aura that he had been using, and quickly sat down. His ears pricked slightly as he heard Lilac’s whimper, and knowing what it was about, he felt inclined to, unfortunately, agree.

Lilac padded over to Iyoku, curling up next to him with an audible huff. <I'm scared, Iyoku. More scared than I have ever been. Even losing my pack was nothing compared to this. I'm worried for him. I'm worried for us. He could kill us so easily...And no matter what he does, he's still going to die. No one will win...> Her telepathic voice was soft, and completely crushed of any hope that had previously been in it. It hadn't worked. Nazo seemed to be worse off now, what with no visible Aura (she could not sense any inside, of course), and his breathing had become barely noticeable now. He must be exhausted himself.

The grey hedgehog was silent, contemplating what to say. He knew she was right though, and anything else would seem like false comfort, so he remained quiet. However, upon hearing about her having lost her pack, he said, “If you don’t mind, would you be able to tell me what happened to the rest of your group?” He knew that many Pokemon were social creatures that formed several community settlements of sorts, and those groups were often made up of families, close friends and relatives. Houndour were one of the obvious pack-runners, and they had fantastic teamwork in hunting and running down prey.

Lilac lifted her head, before sighing and laying it back down, her purple eyes focused on nothing in particular. <What happened? We got into a fight over territory with a pack of Arcanine and Growlithe. We had an extra type, but they were stronger in strength. We were crushed. The brutes didn't stop there - they chased and killed any of us they caught.> It was at this point her voice took on a bitter tone. <It was like... They were possessed. By blood or fury, I don't know. The battle shouldn't have ended that way - rival packs don't kill each other. That's not how we work.> Oftentimes, rival packs would join together to face a bigger threat. Even when not joined, they were patient with each other, only attacking to the point of controlling territory. Those Pokemon had killed in cold blood, and she didn't know why.

Iyoku was silent for several seconds, contemplating what to say, and then he replied, “Well, while I can't say I know what that would be like...But the behaviour of those Arcanine and Growlithe sounds alot like the way Shadow Pokemon in the future act.” He shook his head as he recalled their jagged, sinister silhouettes, “Nothing like that is a pretty sight is all I'll say.” He didn't want to give anyone any nightmares by describing how they acted and what they looked like; they were that gruesome. If there ever were a such thing as evil Pokemon, the Shadow Pokemon were a perfect fit to the label. Although, by the way that Lilac had described the way the Arcanine and Growlithe had attacked, he could tell that they, thankfully, weren't Shadows. At least, not yet.

Lilac was silent for a few moments. <So...They are turning into Shadow Pokemon?> A shudder ran through her spine, stopping once it had shaken her tail. <Either way, they are probably frozen in time now...My pack lived in the same forest that was frozen over. I found Nazo when I was wandering around. It seems fate has played a vital hand in bringing all of us together. You from the future, me from a dead pack, and a living ghost.> She cocked her head, as if puzzling something. <Living ghost? That's kind of a contradiction, isn't it? Unless you consider Haunter and the like - but they've always been strange.>

Iyoku sighed, “Maybe true that they’ve been trapped in time, but if they had begun to turn so early, then that means it’s only a matter of time before Shadow Pokemon become more rampant. Eventually, others will turn as well.” He thought for a few seconds about Lilac’s second statement, however, what she said about the Ghost Types caused him to recall how much had changed from this time to the future; for they were just one of the many types that had gone extinct. The only kinds that existed anymore were dual Ghost Types, such as Sableye or Haunter.

Lilac cocked her head to the side. <Turn so early? What do you mean?> Her eyes trailed over to Sevi, who had coiled up in a mass of depressed scales. Her eye could be seen, and it was fixated on Nazo. The Houndour knew the Seviper was waiting for him to wake up - but Lilac also knew that in her depressed state, Sevi failed to realize just how dangerous that waking may be. How long had the hedgehog been passed out? Lilac couldn't figure it out - this cave blocked out any sense of time passing.

Iyoku was silent for a few seconds, trying to think of a way to explain the concept to the Houndour so that she would understand. “Before a Pokemon turns, before it completely loses its reason, it will act in such a manner as the Arcanine and Growlithe you described. However...” he trailed off for a few seconds and then continued with an uneasy shake of his head, “When the process is complete, they are worse off. It's as if they have no soul, they kill that eagerly...And they enjoy every minute of it.” Not only were the Shadow Pokemon merciless, they were very smart too. Although it hasn't happened yet in this time period, it will only be a matter of weeks before they begin to run in packs, and when they do... his eyes glazed over, it will not be good in the least.

Lilac casted her eyes downwards. <Oh...It's that bad...> Her eyes swiveled to her partner when he moved, but tracked back to Iyoku when he made no further movement. <I wonder...If catching them would turn them normal. They are still Pokemon, after all.> She watched, with a little apprehension, as Sevi slithered her way over to Nazo, nudging him slightly to see if there was a reaction. There was only the slightest ear twitch to signify he had felt anything at all, but Lilac knew Sevi was pushing her luck by nudging him once more. Sevi, she discovered, was too caught up in the swirl of depression to realize she was endangering everyone.

He barely made it back to the present in time to hear Lilac's statement, but then said in reply, “No, unfortunately. They may be Pokemon, but catching them won't work either; the only way I can think of is to reverse the collapse of Time and Space which causes them to turn to begin with. Furthermore, it's not just the regular Pokemon that are affected...”

The Glaceon was sitting silently in a rounded corner of the cave by the entrance and remained silent, however, her ears pricked upon Iyoku's mention of the Shadow Pokemon being unable to be reversed along with the way they acted. That... it could not be happening again, could it...? She thought to herself. If what he says is true… the proper action must follow immediately.

Lilac shook her head sadly. <But they can be caught, at least. Taken off the road...But what do you mean regular Pokemon aren't the only ones affected? Are you saying...?> She had the distinct feeling he was referring to legendaries, but couldn't be sure, for in that moment Sevi let out a yelp as something solid struck the side of her head with a thud, sending her flying across and smashing into the solid rock wall. Lilac turned, shocked, to see what it was. Sevi had successfully woken Nazo up, but their worst fears were true - he obviously wasn't quite in his right mind. He had pressed himself back against the rock wall which he was laying in, his eyes clouded yet wide with a mixture of anger and fear. He's confused, Lilac thought to herself, he probably doesn't remember where we are. Foam dribbled from his mouth, which was wide open in a menacing snarl. He was returning his hand back to the wall, and Lilac realized that he must have punched the poor Seviper, who was still trying to get up, dazed.

Lilac decided to try something. <Nazo, please! It's us, your friends! Remember?> He turned his eyes to her as she spoke mentally to him, reaching out with her mind to try and sense his. She could only sense a muddled mix of confusion and pain, both being strong yet at the same time, faint. She could also sense how weak he felt, but worst of all, was the fact there was not a sign of recognition in his mind. He didn't know who they were.

The second he realized that Nazo had gotten to his feet; Iyoku had not taken his eyes off him. He knew now there wasn’t much he could do, however, now that the Aura that had been around him before was non-existent, he wouldn’t have to resort to using a Shadow Claw if need be. It didn’t seem like so, but the grey hedgehog was quite a bit stronger than he looked, and he had the feeling that if he had to, he could knock out Nazo with a well-aimed punch to the scar. Of course, he would only do that if there was no other option.

The Glaceon meanwhile had slunk slowly and silently to the Seviper’s side, helping her back to her upright position. <Remember, sudden movements will give him cause to attack,> she reminded the others, <Try to avoid much movement unless it is absolutely needed.> She, meanwhile, kept her eyes on the sky blue hedgehog as Iyoku was doing. Even though she disliked fighting and confrontations, she was more than capable of stopping an attack of Nazo’s should one be unleashed.

Sevi nodded slowly, her head aching from the blow; while Lilac continued her attempts to break through to her partner. <Nazo, listen! Please! This isn't you - it's the virus! You have to fight it!> For a second, it didn't seem to have any effect - but then the hedgehog growled, holding out his hands as he began to form a meteor. Lilac feared the worst - but, to the utter amazement of all - including Nazo himself - just as soon at the meteor had formed, it disintegrated into dust. He was too weak to use his abilities. <Nazo, calm down...Please...>

The hedgehog stared at her for a moment until Lilac took a cautious - and slow - step forward, then he threw his hands out again, but this time in seemingly self-defense. “Stay away from me!” His voice was pitifully weak, yet loud enough for all in the room to hear. Lilac didn't know what to think - it was as if they were monsters trying to kill him, not the other way around.

Iyoku looked at Lilac, <Even if it is the virus, he still doesn’t remember anything, and he still has his fear of canines; let me try,> he finished. Turning his eyes back to Nazo, he said, “Like she said, we’re not going to hurt you,” he kept both wary eyes on the sky blue hedgehog however, still being cautious. Even if his powers were out of commission, there was still the risk of a regular attack.

While the Glaceon watched the scene in front of her, her ears pricked, hearing something occurring outside the cave in the forest. Catching a quick scent on the air as a gust of wind blew past, she shook her head, why now? She thought, irritated. A bad feeling entered her, a sense that they were all in danger. A danger other and much worse than the one that the rabid Nazo posed.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:00 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Eleven Up!

*moping* I can't believe you did that to poor Nazo. T^T

It's Grassy. How could you not believe it?

And then, Iyoku has to find a way to deal with all that. T^T

You just worry about everyone.