Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:33 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Four Up!

Wow! Talk about a freeze-frame. oO
That would be terrifying to have time just stop like that. And poor Nazo! He got bit by a Seviper! I hope he'll be okay.

It seemed like it. =^-^'=

He better not get sick! >.<

Anyway, I didn't find any typos, just one thing that you might wanna change a little.

Quote:
It was still far too early for any of the other Pokemon to have woken up yet, so there were no sounds such as that of Wingull and Pelipper as well as other Water Type Pokemon squabbling over food and territory, but just the calming sound of the ocean’s waves.
Maybe "...that of Wingull and Pelipper, or other Water type Pokemon squabbling over food and territory. Just the calming..."
Only a suggestion. ^^'
Old 08-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
You'll see the other characters eventually, Metal.

You accidentaly italicized the bolded part ^^'

It should be, "finding herself staring at a pair of red eyes" ^^
How do I keep missing these things? oO (Almost misspelled 'missing') *Goes to correct*

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Wow! Talk about a freeze-frame. oO
That would be terrifying to have time just stop like that. And poor Nazo! He got bit by a Seviper! I hope he'll be okay.

It seemed like it. =^-^'=

He better not get sick! >.<

Anyway, I didn't find any typos, just one thing that you might wanna change a little.

Maybe "...that of Wingull and Pelipper, or other Water type Pokemon squabbling over food and territory. Just the calming..."
Only a suggestion. ^^'
Uh...I would say something to that, but they'd have my head

Darn right XD *Corrects grammar-error-type-thing*

And I got a little vid for yous guys XD

Last edited by Michelle8936; 08-10-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:26 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

*Laughing at video* Don't know what Shadow is saying at the end-I hear "two seconds" and I think, "simple, dude" XD

...That is not my voice...0o

*Ignoring bandaged wound* I will be fine, Kris.

Lilac: I hope so. We need your muscle 0o

Sevi: Oh, dear. I hope I am not appearing too early?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Heheh, he's going on about how it takes more than two seconds to do a flash video and how hard it is, and then he says, 'it's simple, noobs!' XD

She found another one of Shadow, but for the sake of his dignity, decided not to post it.
Too bad she's democratic XD

Old 08-12-2009, 07:26 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8936 View Post
Uh...I would say something to that, but they'd have my head

[COLOR="Blue"]Darn right XD
You'd say something to what? What were you talking about?

You better be alright, Nazo! >.< Or Grassy'll really get it.

That doesn't sound like you. B'

Last edited by k_pop; 08-13-2009 at 04:22 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

*Looks at Kris, swears, and runs off screaming*

Look at her run! I never knew Grassy could move that fast 0o

Lilac: She's faster than a Sceptile.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Quote:
You'd say something to what? What were you talking about?

You better be alright, Nazo! >.< Or Grassy'll really get it.

That doesn't sound like you. B'
To what Kris said about Nazo getting hurt

Here's the demeaning vid! XD

He won't be too happy about that XD

Edit: 2x speed version Oh god, I thought the first one was bad XD

Last edited by Michelle8936; 08-13-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Five Up!

Chapter Five

Nazo trotted next to Iyoku over the grassy fields, the hedgehog seeming troubled. “Iyoku, I have to avoid these settlements. If I am seen, or if they realize I am travelling with you...Things will not be good. People want me dead. They may hurt you to get to me.” He thought silently. “You and Lilac are the first friends I have ever had. Quite frankly, I do not wish to lose either.” He was surprised that he had been so open about that, and seeing Lilac's expression, so was she.

“Hm…” Iyoku frowned. He had to admit he’d never thought of that. After wracking his brain a few minutes, an idea entered his mind, “Well, if I go into the cities myself or with Shourai, no one will suspect anything… Unless we end up getting followed." Speaking of which… he quickly sent a telepathic message to Koutei to get as high into the air as he could, and come back down when the sun had set. The Staraptor obeyed, circling even higher in the blue skies until he was completely out of sight. “However… I don’t think anyone knows that you’re back yet. I think what we should do is camp a ways from the settlements, then I can go in myself to see what the state of things are.” His eyes narrowed, “My instinct tells me that those woods aren’t the only place that were affected as of yet. There are sure to be more places, but the only way to know is to go into town and find out.”

Nazo nodded. “The only ones who know are apparently the Pokemon.” He realized that Iyoku was probably right with the assumption that other areas were being affected as well. “Yes. If this is happening here, it is logical to assume it is - or has been - happening elsewhere. If that is the case, we will need to speed up our pursuit of the Chaos Emeralds.” Taking a cue, Nazo instructed Lilac to keep scenting the wind in case anyone wanted to “drop” by. The chances of anyone capturing and killing himself were impossibly low, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

“Since that's likely what's happening,” Iyoku said, “We should probably eat while we can.” He looked up to the skies, noticing that the sun was beginning its descent towards the horizon. Already? He thought, mildly surprised. After that, he took his bag off while still walking, and took out another large, well sized berry that seemed to be made up of many black spheres and then handed it to Nazo, after which, he took out the wrapped Tamato Berry from the previous night, removed its leaf coating, and then proceeded to break piece by piece off, eating them as he went.

Nazo looked at the berry. “What berry is this?” He looked at it uncertainly, not quite sure of what to think.

“It’s a Bluk Berry,” Iyoku replied, “It’s not spicy like the Tamato, so you don’t have to worry about that,” he added on with a snicker before he continued eating away at his own spicy lunch/dinner.

The sky blue hedgehog also briefly wondered if he should ask Iyoku to buy him a pack to carry his own Pokemon in (seeing as he was now a trainer or whatnot), but he was not the type to ask for things that required money. As a person with the mindset of a gentleman, he could not ask for something without being able to pay it back. To be honest, Nazo was flat-out broke. He could not go into towns, however, so he had no need for it.

A frown crossed Iyoku's expression, and before the other could think for a long period of time about it, as if he was echoing Nazo's thoughts, he said, “If you’re going to keep Lilac and Sevi, I suppose I’ll have to get you a bag once we reach the outskirts of town. But there’s one problem with that; I highly doubt the currency is still the same after two-thousand years have passed.”

Nazo nodded, thinking to himself. “Yes...But...I do not possess money either. I cannot go into towns, so it would only have weighed me down. They take Rings in this time frame.” He wondered if they would buy any leftover berries, or perhaps...Perhaps they would buy the crystals Nazo could create. Iyoku could always say he found them, and what other kinds of crystals glowed? Although, he wasn't entirely sure what else they could do.

Iyoku frowned, thinking, and then a slight grin came over his face, “They don’t have any Poke Balls or the like, do they? And even if they do, I can make custom ones. Granted, we could be here for a little while longer, but we’ll have a little more… er… Rings on our hands.” He really didn’t see anything wrong with it; although there was still a currency in the future, Rings – which had become coins by then – were rarely used, and instead, people would trade various items. Of course, squabbles could and would occasionally arise in comparison of the products, but otherwise the system worked. That had been one of the main reasons as to why Iyoku had begun to carve Poke Balls out of Apricorns to begin with.

Nazo thought to himself. “Well, they are not producing them efficiently, from what I have heard, so they may buy yours for a good amount. Also...” Holding out his hand, a perfect sky blue crystal, with the same glow that seemed to surround whatever Nazo created, formed. “As it is, they may also be willing to buy these. Keep in mind, however...They will ask how you received it. Be clever.” He popped the Bluk Berry into his mouth, savoring its sweet yet slightly dry flavor. He was unaware of the blue berry's black secret.

Iyoku nodded, watching the sunset for a few seconds, then turning to ask Nazo something, which instantly resulted in him clamping his hands over his mouth to keep from laughing out loud, although several snickers still escaped. After a few seconds, he was able to hold himself together just enough to say; “You may want to take a look at your reflection in that crystal,” before he finally burst out laughing.

Nazo blinked, confused. Looking into the crystal, he didn't understand what was so funny. When he opened his mouth to speak, however, he saw that his entire mouth had been painted black. Forming a small meteor in his hand, he flicked it at Lilac for he assumed it was her plan, contacting her in the head lightly enough to not do any damage but hard enough to make a hollow thud. This in turn caused her to glare, but was able to make Nazo himself snicker. To him, it had sounded like the meteor had hit a coconut - hard and empty.

With a faint grin on his face, Iyoku finished off the Tamato Berry, and then took his bag off yet again, opening one of the pockets that lined the outside - namely, the largest one in the centre - and checked his supply of Poke Balls and Apricorns. He had made about ten to fifteen Poke Balls, and had several unused Apricorns left over from his trips in the futuristic woods. From those figures, he decided that, after making another five Poke Balls from the Apricorns, he would go into town and sell them. Of course, if he reached a settlement that night, before it actually got dark, he would still go into town, but only to fish out what news he could find. He frowned again, the more serious expression returning to his face, knowing that he had to find out if time had stopped anywhere else on the planet.

Nazo had also returned to thinking, gazing off towards the far end of the plains and the mountains beyond. Could Azelf really be in such a bitterly cold and desolate area? He couldn't imagine why anyone would want to live in an area like that. Nazo himself enjoyed the cold, but it was too much for even him to stand. Turning his attention back to Iyoku, his sharp eyes caught the seriousness appear back on his face. He must be thinking about what happened in the woods... Just thinking about what had happened sent shudders crawling up the hedgehog's spine once more.

Continuing his path down the hill that they’d landed on, Iyoku was still deep in thought, so it came as no surprise when he nearly tripped over something that was stuck in the ground. Muttering something under his breath, he bent down to see what it was. Jutting out of the grass was a well sized purple stone that emnated a mystical energy. There was a dark violet aura that coloured the inside of the stone, and it gradually became lighter as the colour came to the end of the hard material. Picking it up, Iyoku only had to look the perfectly smooth, fist-sized stone over once before he recognized what it was. “Someone must have dropped this,” he muttered, “A Dusk Stone is worth quite a bit of money.”

“A Dusk Stone? I may know a lot about stones, but I still am learning the items related to Pokemon.” He realized that the stone with the leaf pattern was more than likely also a Pokemon stone, but couldn't be entirely sure. “So, may I ask what a Dusk Stone does? I can sense the energy coming off it, so I know it is not an ordinary item.” Lilac barked in agreement, lowering her nose to the ground and sniffing around. Nazo began to wonder if they could use her sense of smell to locate valuable items - although it could equally be worthless, too.

“A Dusk Stone,” Iyoku said, putting the rare find in his bag, “Is one of many items that can induce evolution in a Pokemon. They are classified into groups, although there are several different causes for Pokemon to evolve to begin with.” He paused, bringing each of the readings he had done on the subject to memory. “There are lots of stones, even though they aren’t the only things that can cause evolution. As far as I know, there’ve been several stones discovered to be useful that include: Fire Stones, Water Stones, Thunder Stones, Leaf Stones, Moon Stones, Sun Stones, Shiny Stones, Dawn Stones, Oval Stones, and obviously Dusk Stones.” He paused for a second before continuing, “There’s also a stone that prevents Evolution of any kind; that’s called an Everstone. However, that’s not the only way to evolve Pokemon…” he continued on, almost as if he was reading the text right off his thoughts.

Nazo blinked in confusion, making an exasperated sigh. “I cannot process all of this information at once, Iyoku! Unlike you, I am not a living textbook.” He barely heard the Houndour behind him begin snickering before returning to scouting the ground. To change forms...Is Lilac like that? Will her attitude change? For some reason, he was unnerved by the prospect of his partner evolving, if it was possible for her. He liked her the way she was, and didn't want that to change. Whatever info he had been able to discern from Iyoku's lecture he carefully stored for future use. If there even is a future... Nazo grimly thought to himself.

Iyoku snickered, countering Nazo’s response with his own, “On the contrary, I’m a living PokeDex, not a living textbook.” But he then took on a more serious tone, “There’s only one more thing I’ll say on that subject, though… Ninety percent of all Pokemon are connected by the said evolution process, and once that has been accomplished – once a Pokemon has evolved – there is no way to reverse it.”
He noticed that the darkness of night had finally settled over the grasslands, seeing as the sun had set behind the mountains.

Nazo blinked, but was able to link the Pokedex to being an encyclopedia for Pokemon. His green-yellow eyes strayed to Lilac once more. Never change back? He likened it to a caterpillar metamorphosizing into a beautiful butterfly, free from its earthly bounds. If that was the case, he would not stop any Pokemon from evolving, for it would be like ripping the wings of the previously mentioned insect. Even though darkness had fallen, the ground around them was bathed by a soft glow, produced by Nazo's constant aura. Unfortunately, he was all too aware that it could - and usually did - attract attention.

Iyoku’s ears pricked as he heard the flapping of wings, and he looked up to see Koutei angling his wings downward, ready to come in for a landing. Upon alighting on the ground, Iyoku took the Staraptor’s Poke Ball out of his bag, and recalled it into the red and white sphere. However, as he put the Poke Ball back in his bag, he took out a long cloak, and handed it to Nazo along with the phrase, “This should help to mask the light from your Aura.” I just hope no one else has seen it.

Nazo quickly slipped the cloak over himself, surprised at how soft it was. From what he could see, it was a black cloak, which didn't surprise him due to the fact the future was apparently a dark place. He felt oddly like a super secret agent, but it fit him. He should've made a cloak for himself a long time ago. Gazing out into the darkness that now surrounded them in its entirety, his hand strayed to his injured arm subconsciously. The sooner it healed, the better...And the less pain he would be in.

Since Iyoku was used to far darker surroundings, his eyes could see easily by the light of the half moon that shone in the skies that night. Scanning the fields ahead, he noticed a coulee that sunk slightly below the rest of the ground. There was a small pond within it, and thanks to the vegetation that surrounded it, the dipped patch of land would make a suitable campsite. His feet changed direction instantly, and he walked towards it, also noticing that it was close enough to a settlement so that he could go and visit it, but also far enough out so that no one else would bother coming out such a distance unless they wished to continue traveling on whatever journey they had set out on. Setting his bag down a ways from the pond, he took out two of the Poke Balls from his bag, and released Yaiba and Shourai from their temporary confinement. After he did so, he put both Poke Balls back in his bag, and was about to take it with him when he realized that purchasing another bag when he already had one would no doubt be looked at as odd; maybe even suspicious. With a slight shake of his head, he dug around in the largest compartment of his bag, taking out a pouch that would be large enough to hold the items that he wanted to sell.

Nazo sighed, sitting down with a soft thump. Sliding off the temporary leaf pack on his back, he snatched the unusual Pokeball from inside, releasing Sevi to stretch herself out. The Seviper yawned, her sharp fangs glistening in the dim light available. She gave an odd look upon seeing Nazo's new garb, but was satisfied with the explanation as to why. Tentatively, she flicked her tongue over the hedgehog's wound, and he realized she was scenting the injury to see if it had become infected. Hissing approval, the Seviper went to take a drink from the small pond.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Putting all but five Poke Balls in the miniature bag and keeping it in hand, Iyoku stood up and turned to Shourai. “You ready to go?” he asked the Eevee. The Normal Type responded with a happy nod, and joined the grey hedgehog as he began making his way to the nearest settlement. It would be a ten minute walk both ways at the least.

Nazo watched with mild interest as Iyoku and the Eevee walked off, instead reaching into the leaf pack and pulling out the incomplete amethyst. Finding another rock, he began to chip off the pieces of stones hiding the gem, watching for any imperfections.

Keeping an eye on them until they were out of sight, Yaiba turned his attention to the skies above. It was cloudy that night, and the vapours in the air masked the stars that had shone brilliantly the previous evening. However, that was not the only thing the Absol could sense.

Nazo quietly thought to himself, noticing that Yaiba was looking towards the skies. Shrugging it off, he returned his attention to the jewel that was being uncovered in his hands. It was absolutely beautiful, but it was not for him. He had it in mind for someone else.

As his eyes wandered to the horizon where the forest was, there was a feeling of premonition in the Absol’s mind. What happened in the woods… I was even able to sense it from my Poke Ball before it occurred. One of his black, razor-sharp claws scratched at the ground in frustration. There are many disasters bound for this world… Tidal waves, forest fires, hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes are the least of our worries, he thought in dismay. He watched the others for a few seconds before retuning his attention to the skies once more. A gust of wind whipped past, and the Disaster Pokemon’s eyes narrowed in suspicion, and his claws stopped scraping at the ground. That wind had carried a bitterly cold scent… He couldn’t place it at first, but then his instincts finally caused him to realize what it meant. There was a blizzard coming.

Nazo noticed both Yaiba and Lilac stiffen as a gust of wind blew past, and the hedgehog was tempted to ask what was wrong. He turned his cloaked head to gaze in the direction both were staring. By then, Lilac had started sniffing the ground once more, occasionally turning a wary eye back to skies. What could they be worried about? Sevi seemed fine - she was curled up in a bundle of scales, oblivious to the world in her dreamy state. Seeing that she was not worried, and Lilac was only cautious, the hedgehog went back to chipping away at the stone.

Walking towards the bag that Iyoku had left on the ground before he had left to go to the city nearby, Yaiba hurriedly rolled a Poke Ball out with his claws, and kicked it skyward, causing it to open and a slightly surprised Koutei emerged in the air from the white light that proceeded. <Koutei,> Yaiba said, <You need to go to that town over there> – the Dark Type jerked his scythe in the general direction of the settlement – <And tell Iyoku to purchase extra blankets and the like. There’s a blizzard on the way.>

The Staraptor nodded, <I will deliver the message with all speed,> he said before flying off at a wickedly fast rate.

Yaiba turned to Lilac, <I’ll need your help to dig out a den of sorts so we will be able to wait out the snowstorm instead of freezing in it, alright?> Without even waiting for a reply, the black-furred Absol quickly picked out the lowest and the most curved ground that was available, and began digging furiously at the soft earth.

Lilac nodded, jumping beside Yaiba and digging with the same urgency as the Absol. This had attracted Nazo's attention, and upon asking what was the matter, Lilac told him exactly why they were digging like complete maniacs. The hedgehog seemed a little surprised upon hearing a blizzard was coming, but made sure to recall Sevi. There wasn't much else he could do, however, aside from waiting for Iyoku to return. During this time, however, he watched the skies for any hint about how close the blizzard was getting. Or better yet, how big.

Even though he continued to dig, Yaiba could still sense when the large Flying Type was returning. Sure enough, within a few seconds, Koutei landed back on the ground, Shourai and Iyoku upon his back. He jumped off swiftly, carrying a few other blankets with him as well as the same pocket he had brought to the town, although it was now empty. Quickly turning to Yaiba, he asked, “Do you have an idea of how big the blizzard is and how long it will last?”

The Absol paused in his digging for a few seconds, and replied, <I’ll just say it will be one you can brag about surviving. It is very large, and could last a day at least.> After this was said, he continued to dig out the hole. The said den was being made quickly, as it was about three feet deep now.

Nazo's ear twitched as he heard Iyoku speak, and looked at him. “Lilac informed me a blizzard was coming. I have been keeping an eye on the weather, but so far it has only been a little windy.” He thought for a second, realizing Iyoku had probably never been in a blizzard before. “I have heard tales of people dying in a blizzard a few feet from their homes. They went out to get their mail and became lost, wandering around in circles.” He shook his head. “They had warning, but went out anyways. That goes to show they are very dangerous and lethal.” They had to get used to it anyways - where they were heading, they would experience a lot of blizzards.

As Shourai went to help dig out the den, Iyoku recalled Koutei back to his Poke Ball and put it back in his bag before replying to what Nazo had said. “I’ve heard those same stories as well, although they are more like legends in the future,” he snorted, “it’s far too hot year-round for there to be much water, let alone snow. This’ll be the first I’ve seen of it.” Although… he thought to himself, watching the three Pokemon hastily dig out their temporary housing, There were many natural disasters that occurred alongside time stopping in the different areas of the world. He scowled, It’s a shame we couldn’t just get through this and find those emeralds.

The hedgehog nodded at Iyoku's response. “It is no legend, Iyoku. You are about to get hit with more water than you could ever hope for.” Casting his eyes back to the sky, Nazo shuddered at the thought of living in an overly warm world. He was also impatient - he wanted to get the emeralds and prevent the world from stopping. After what he had done, it was the least he could do to pay off his large debt to society. Speaking of society, he turned to face Iyoku once more. “Did you find any more information on the spreading paralysis?”

A grim expression crossed Iyoku’s face before he replied, “Yes, unfortunately,” he said, crossing his arms. “It seems that not long before that forest we were in froze, on the opposite side of those mountains was another site of the same problem…” he trailed off before continuing, “… However, according to eyewitness reports… Not everyone was able to escape from the few towns on the other side of the mountain range before the time freeze took effect.” He shook his head while staring at the ground. I can only imagine what that must have been like…to have to leave a friend or anyone else behind in that…

Nazo shook his head slowly. “I wonder...I wonder if bringing an emerald near anyone who was frozen might unfreeze them.” His eyes flashed briefly with grief before being hidden once more with his expressionless face. “We need to find the emeralds quickly. With this blizzard coming, we will be set behind.” His gaze focused once more on the sky. “I could possibly fly above the blizzard...But I would have to leave you behind. As it is, I doubt you can breathe in thinly oxygenated areas.” The hedgehog fell silent once more, but this time only turned to look at the bandages housing his wound. Grimly, he observed that it was damp with blood - had it not stopped bleeding at all?

Iyoku frowned, thinking. Unfortunately… I don’t think that would work, but since the emeralds were apparently destroyed sometime before that future occurred… Well, I suppose there’s only one way to find out. We’ll have to get over those mountains first, though. Returning his thoughts to the present, he noticed Nazo’s bandage that he had put around his arm had seemed to do nothing but absorb the blood that had likely continued. Then, an idea clicked in his head; he hadn’t told anyone but his own Pokemon, but in the future, his Aura abilities also included being able to heal minor injuries. I wonder… speaking aloud, he said, “I want to try something with that bite, seeing as it doesn’t seem to have stopped bleeding.”

Nazo turned to look at Iyoku. “Yes? What could that be?” Nazo himself felt fine, aside from being a little tired. Probably blood loss. He wondered if Iyoku had some sort of magical potion from the future, but that was unlikely. If need be, Nazo could go longer without the wound healing - he was strong willed, and wouldn't let that slow him down. But it would slow down our journey... Things just weren't easy nowadays for him. He was an outcast, hunted for his past...And here he was, trying to save the future whilst bleeding to death. Joy.

“I’ll need you to take that bandage off first,” he said, walking over to the sky-blue hedgehog, “Then I’ll see what can be done about healing it.” Yaiba and Shourai, having finished digging out their temporary housing – which was now about five feet deep – sat down, watching. They both knew what Iyoku was about to try to do, but would it work?

Lilac watched, purple eyes focused intently on the two. Nazo gave Iyoku a questioning look, and Lilac thought for a second he would not answer. That fear was laid to rest when the hedgehog tentatively unwrapped the wound, impassive to the two holes made by the Seviper's fangs that were still dripping with fresh blood. It's deeper than we thought. Lilac thought sadly, tense beside Shourai and Yaiba. Nazo held out his arm, and although it was brief, nearly unnoticeable, Lilac caught the complete trust in his eyes. It was amazing that after everything that had happened, he was willing to be so trusting. His 'tough guy' act seemed to be a disguise this whole time.

Iyoku held his own hand over the bite, and after a few seconds, a dull glow emitted from his palm. When he took his hand away, there wasn’t even a trace of the injury that had once been there. The grey hedgehog looked at Yaiba and Shourai, a slight grin on his face. <Glad to know that still works, aren’t we?>

<No argument there,> Shourai said as he watched while the Absol nodded in reply before dragging one of the blankets that Iyoku had gotten into the makeshift den, flattening it on the floor of the underground shelter so that they wouldn’t have to worry about the snow that could leak through the ground.

Nazo looked over his wound, or where it used to be, clearly surprised. “I must say, that does not happen very often.” Casting his attention to the den, he had an idea. “You know, I could create a crystal barrier once the snow starts. The blizzard will hide the crystal's glow, so we will not have to worry about being discovered.” He heard Lilac snort, and she proceeded to ask him why he didn't say that in the first place. Frankly, it hadn't quite occurred to him until now.

Iyoku snickered as he saw Yaiba give Shourai an exasperated expression. However, instead of rolling up the blanket manually and dragging it out of the den, his eyes glowed blue and after the same outline became visible around the material, he lifted it off the ground and brought it out of the den thanks to his telekinetic Psychic.

Iyoku shook his head, “And you said that TM would never come in handy, didn’t you?”

Shourai started laughing, during which Yaiba gave him an expression that clearly said – although obviously not aloud – ‘shut up’.

Nazo gave an innocent smile. “Sorry Yaiba.” He then turned to Iyoku. “What is a 'TM', if I may ask?” He was all too aware that he had probably stuck himself into a lecture, but as they say - curiosity knows no bounds. Lilac had lifted her nose to the wind once more, trying to sniff out the storm that was barreling towards them at unknown speeds. She also appeared to be looking over Iyoku out of the corner of her eye, trying to spot if he had bought an extra pack.

She swore, if it was pink she would die laughing.

Iyoku chuckled at Yaiba’s reaction, and then said to Nazo, “a TM is short for Technical Machine. They're disk-like objects that allow a Pokemon to learn a move that they are unable to learn naturally or through much training.” Then he noticed that Lilac was trying to look past him at the bag he had gotten for Nazo. Snickering as he picked it up and passed it to Nazo, he said, “They had purple and pink polka-dotted bags with flowers, but I somehow had a feeling that they weren’t your favorite colours.”

Upon hearing what Iyoku said, Lilac started laughing hysterically. Nazo gave her an annoyed expression, but was able to give the other hedgehog a more amused one. Studying it, he noticed that the pack resembled Iyoku's tremendously, aside from his being white, also, it did not have the Poke Ball marking on it. The sky blue hedgehog was also thankful the explanation wasn't long about TMs. “Really? That is very interesting...” Nazo found himself wondering what type of moves Lilac or Sevi could learn. Of course, it wouldn't be effective unless he could figure out how the heck everything worked with Pokemon.

“Well, there are literally dozens of Technical Machines. Ninety-two to be exact,” Iyoku replied. “Of course, that doesn’t include the Hidden Machines, of which there are eight.” Looking towards the skies, the grey hedgehog noticed that large flakes of white, condensed moisture had begun to fall from above. “You might want to get started on lining that shelter with crystals, if that’s what you’re going to do,” he said. However, while he seemed to be watching the clouds for any further snow that was falling in heavier quantities, he was thinking of something else entirely. “I wonder…” he muttered to himself, “… Could the Time Gears have any connection to what’s happening…?”

Nazo nodded, walking over to the shelter. His hands became enveloped in his aura, and he raised his hands in an upward thrusting movement. The ground shook ever so slightly as large crystals broke from the soil, arced so they formed a hut of sorts. He closed off every side except the one that was facing away from the storm, and gestured for Iyoku to follow him inside, where a surprised and somewhat petrified Lilac was clinging to Yaiba out of fright.

Drawing his attention away from the skies – and temporarily away from his speculation of the Time Gears – Iyoku picked up his bag and walked into the crystal-encased shelter followed by Shourai. Going inside, the grey hedgehog raised an eyebrow at Lilac’s reaction and Yaiba’s expression, while the silver furred Eevee was trying hard not to laugh.

Setting his bag down in a corner of the crystal lined shelter, Iyoku took out a book with a velvet red cover, reading through it until he apparently came to the page he had been looking for, and sat down while beginning to read it.

Lilac yelped, inching away from Yaiba. <Ah! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!> She cried, running towards Nazo in the limited space. She would have collided with him, had it not been for him holding out a hand and stopping her dead in her tracks. She was utterly surprised how strong he was, and as a result from said shock collapsed onto his lap. He didn't seem to notice or mind, instead taking out the same stone and working on it more - albeit quietly so as to not disturb Iyoku... The only other sound being the blizzard howling outside, clearly visible as becoming worse by the open gap.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:24 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
*Looks at Kris, swears, and runs off screaming*

Look at her run! I never knew Grassy could move that fast 0o

Lilac: She's faster than a Sceptile.
Should I be worried by that?

Okay, nuther cool chapter guys. ^^
You know, I have to say it isn't really fair using Nazo's lack of Pokemon knowledge against him like that.

Oh c'mon. A bluk berry? Classic! XD

You're asking for it Reggie. Nazo can hear you. >.>

A blizzard huh? Guess they must be pretty close to that frozen place. I wouldn't wanna go there. Cold is bad for me. >.<
I liked the end, Lilac's reaction to the crystal's Nazo formed. I could just picture her clinging to Yaiba while he's got an expression like "excuse me." Made me laugh. XD

Okay, time to kill typos. ^^

Quote:
If this is happening here, it is logical to assume it is - or already has - happening elsewhere.
That part doesn't seem to fit. Make it "has been- happening elsewhere."

Quote:
If that is the case, we will need to speed up our pursuit of the Chaos Emeralds.
Quote:
If that’s the case,” Iyoku said, “we should probably eat while we can.”
One of those needs to change. They're too close together.

Quote:
After that, he took his bag off while still walking, and took out another large, well sized berry that seemed to be made up of many black spheres and then handed it to Nazo.
After that, he took out the wrapped Tamato Berry from the previous night, took its leaf coating off, and then proceeded to break piece by piece off, eating them as he went.
That time, it happened in a following line.

Quote:
Nazo looked at the berry. “What berry is this?” He looked at it uncertainly, not quite sure of what to think. He also briefly wondered if he should ask Iyoku to buy him a pack to carry his own Pokemon in (seeing as he was now a trainer or whatnot), but he was not the type to ask for things that required money. As a person with the mindset of a gentleman, he could not ask for something without being able to pay it back. To be honest, Nazo was flat-out broke. He could not go into towns, however, so he had no need for it.

“It’s a Bluk Berry,” Iyoku replied, “it’s not spicy like the Tamato, so you don’t have to worry about that,” he added on with a snicker before he continued eating away at his own spicy lunch/dinner. Then, a frown crossed his expression, “if you’re going to keep Lilac and Sevi, I suppose I’ll have to get you a bag once we reach the outskirts of town. But there’s one problem with that; I highly doubt the currency is still the same after two-thousand years have passed.”
You're doing better with combining the two parts, but right here could go better. Put Iyoku's response right after the question. Then, after the part where Nazo wondered about asking for a pack, say something like,
He didn't have to think on it much more, when Iyoku seemed to echo his thoughts. "If you going to keep Lilac and Sevi, etc etc..."
Quote:
Iyoku frowned, thinking, and then a slight grin came over his face, “they don’t have any Poke Balls or the like, do they?
Quote:
“you may want to take a look at your reflection in that crystal,” before he finally burst out laughing.
There are a lot of places like this, you might wanna go through and check. If the speech is starting a new statement- not completing a previous thought- then it should be capitolized.

Quote:
He likened it to a caterpillar metamorphisizing into a beautiful butterfly, free from its earthly bounds.
Very minor misspelling. ^^' Should be metamorphosizing.

I think that's all for this one. ^^
Old 08-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Yes, be very worried

I know, totally classic. Wait 'till you see the next one XD

We had a blizzard like that up here for almost a week once oO
Suffice to say, you wouldn't like it here in the winter XD

And how do I keep missing all those typos?! *Goes to correct*

Old 08-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

*Has vanished from sight*

*Blasts Reggie* SILENCE!

Lilac: XD

Sevi: Children these days
Old 08-18-2009, 04:17 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

No, I probably wouldn't be too happy unless I had an electric blanket and plenty of hot cocoa.

I should be worried? oO She still doesn't like Barbie movies, right? Cause my little sister has all of them. *goes to find Grassy*

*laughs with Iyoku* Oh man! I can't wait to see! XD *blasted*

Now that's classic. B)
Old 08-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Quote:
*Has vanished from sight*

*Blasts Reggie* SILENCE!

Lilac: XD

Sevi: Children these days
What? I am over eight-hundred years old, and I find blowing things up to be very entertaining XD

Yep, it's fun alright. Who needs school when you've got explosive Aura Spheres >:3

Quote:
No, I probably wouldn't be too happy unless I had an electric blanket and plenty of hot cocoa.

I should be worried? oO She still doesn't like Barbie movies, right? Cause my little sister has all of them. *goes to find Grassy*

*laughs with Iyoku* Oh man! I can't wait to see! XD *blasted*

Now that's classic. B)
Or not having to go anywhere whatsoever for a week, and then not needing to catch up on missed work at school because the teachers weren't there either XD

No, want to know what she hates more than Barbie? Spongebob XD

I like that show, but I could swear I feel my IQ go down every time I watch it oO

Old 08-19-2009, 02:53 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

That's because your IQ does go down. It's the laugh. XD

Little sponge guy is awesome! XD

You think that because you already have no IQ. B'

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the show, but there are a couple things I love from that. Like this- click