Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936
Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Short Story Part Five Up!

I jump forward as the disastrous machine lunges at me, eying the teeth that could oh so easily rend me to pieces. I cannot think about it too much, for quickly after that glimpse its mouth shuts around me. The trip down the throat was uneventful and – surprisingly – smooth. I would liken it to a slide, if not for the fact I was being swallowed...

Hitting what I presume to be the interior of the chest, I observe what was around me. As to be expected, there were cords knotted thickly together, going from one place to another as they provide power to keep the Egg Lycan moving. They all connect to a central core, which flickers and pulses with a fiery red, like a miniature sun. I hear a small explosion outside the armoured walls, but everything inside is undisturbed, so I can only guess just how truly big the attack was that the machine survived. I knew time was of the essence, so reaching to my back, I grab my spear –

Which was not there. I allow a curse to escape my mouth, normally something I tried to avoid. Looking around, I spot a thinner arrangement of wires, thinking if I could not outright destroy the core, I could overload it, which would. Wrapping my hands around the rubbery surface, I yank – hard. I could hear the material shredding and the popping of electricity as I was jerked violently back from the cord’s sudden release, and in the process I nearly ended up electrocuting myself. Never have been electrocuted before...Not very willing to find out how much voltage is coursing through this socially-challenged machine! A slight shudder shakes the ground as the Lycan no doubt suffers some sort of power failure, although I have no doubt it is still completely capable of fighting.

I shielded my eyes as the core suddenly began to glow brighter, energy starting to run through the cables up towards the mouth. Quite suddenly I realize it was beginning to charge for another of its mouth cannon blasts, but in the process the core was rendered unstable with excess energy. I could not help but give a grin, which I was sure looked rather wicked with the shadows dancing across my face, before I casually step up to the sphere, glance at the sparking end of my “weapon”, and then plunge it into the orb. A piercing wail rose through the air the minute I did so. Admittedly I was a bit startled, but I quickly jumped back into action. With the amount of energy going through it, the Egg Lycan was going to explode...And I was not going to stick around to invent barbequed hedgehog. Whirling, I sprint over to where I had came from originally, scrambling up the throat by gripping whatever I can – which was the cables leading up to the mouth.

Which were being overloaded.

As in, mere contact involved a painful shock.

Biting my lip and stifling a yelp, I shove the pain to the back of my mind, continuing my climb. The short trip seemed very much like hours, and when I finally came to the top, I was disappointed to see that the mouth was firmly closed. Then, I hear a sound that instantly makes my heart skip a beat; a roaring from deep within the hollow chest. I barely have time to throw myself to the ground as superheated metal and fire blasts from the core, breaking open the jaws of the Egg Lycan before tearing me from my exposed hiding place, blasting me into the air.

I only have time to glimpse the ground once as the fire consumes me, the smell of burning fur making me cringe. I cannot open my eyes lest they be burned, so I keep them tightly shut as I fall. My senses are completely jumbled, so it is no wonder that when I finally smack into the ground, my face and chest absorb the full brunt of the impact. With my oxygen being consumed by the flames and what little within me having been forced from my lungs, my mind grows hazy with each passing second...And I can only hope...That he was not caught in the...Explosion...

Iyoku had resumed firing Aura Spheres to create smokescreens so he could easily dodge the Egg Lycan’s attacks. He knew Skye was up to something since he likely wouldn’t have jumped into the jaws of the creature without doing so. However, he was holding onto the hedgehog’s spear which he had managed to snatch up before the robotic creature would’ve been able to smash it into the ground. Of course, he didn’t plan to use it considering his weapon of choice was his sword. However, it would prove no use here – or possibly hinder what Skye was trying to do – so he continued to form smokescreens and keep away from the Egg Lycan’s attacks; much to the robot’s aggravation.

For a moment, it seemed inhibited in movement as it was impaired slightly in trying to attack the hedgehog, but Iyoku ignored it and continued to dodge its attempts to do so. However, energy began to gather in the Egg Lycan’s jaws, and Iyoku was prepared to dodge while putting up an Aura Shield if he had to, but as the mouth began smoking, he quickly ducked as the machine exploded while he erected the shield around himself, preventing pretty much any damage from coming through. Thank Arceus for Aura Sight. After the smoke from the explosion cleared, he glanced around, looking for Skye, and saw the other hedgehog laying on the ground on the other side of the battlefield, passed out.

Iyoku noticed his fur was still smoking a little, so he took Yaiba’s Poke Ball out of his bag, asking him to use a light Water Pulse on Skye to prevent his fur from lighting again, before he set to using the same technique on the mostly dead plants around them, knowing that a forest fire could prove disastrous – even if there was no life around for several miles. However, Iyoku noticed that the Helichopper the other hedgehog had used to get here had been fried to a crisp, and he briefly wondered how they were going to get back. However, he focused his thoughts on finding out if the other hedgehog needed any other medical treatment besides the Rawst berries he would get when he woke up.

Arguably, with his lungs able to suck in air again, it didn’t take long for Skye to wake back up, a little groggy from being knocked around. He didn’t even bother to ask if the machine was destroyed – seeing the younger hedgehog standing around was proof enough, so instead he lay where he was, regaining his energy. He was able to identify some areas where his fur had been burned clean off merely by where his skin ached and felt hot, although he was simply too exhausted to bother looking. As he had done before, he shoved the pain into the recesses of his mind, his eyes showing no hint of the discomfort he was truly in.

After using Aura Sight to determine if all the fires had been put out, Iyoku glanced at the other hedgehog when he woke up. “You should take something for those burns,” he stated, taking a couple Rawst berries from his pack and handing them to Skye. “These are pretty bitter, but they’ll help them heal faster.”

Blinking slowly, Skye raised an eyebrow. “Berries...? How will berries help me heal? There are many renowned for their medicinal properties...” He shook his head. “Never mind. I am still rather confused...” He pushed himself to a sitting position, accepting the berries. He didn’t seem to mind the bitterness, but again, it was always difficult to read his expression.

The grey hedgehog snickered slightly. “They’ll help, believe me. And if you’re still a little tired, you should have one of these after,” he finished while also handing a Sitrus berry to Skye. “Many of those kinds of berries are used for medicine in my world since people often battle creatures like Yaiba and Shourai for sport; it’s proven useful to have sped up healing for issues like burns, paralysis and poison.”

Skye refused the second berry, shaking his head. “My energy will return shortly.” He redirected his attention to the warring ships, noting that while the blue fleet had sustained severe damage, they were slowly battling back Robotnik’s fleet, which was being forced to retreat between the ‘escape route’...Which in reality, was a death trap thanks to the green fleet. Yet something ominous lurked within the back of his mind, lingering there, making his fur stand on edge as his instincts screamed at him that something was amiss. Carefully edging forward despite his body’s protest not to, he stood on the edge of the land, gazing out into the oil-stained cove. Aside from the battle still raging on, he couldn’t spot anything that would make him feel so uneasy.

Iyoku stashed the berry back in his bag, and also went to where the other hedgehog was standing. Granted, he didn’t stand too close to the edge; he didn’t want to fall in seeing as he didn’t know how to swim. “What is it?” He questioned after recalling the black Absol and placing the Poke Ball in the appropriate pocket.

“Something...Something is off.” Skye answered briefly, too focused on the battle raging to give much more of an answer. His ear twitched as he heard another shot ring out, saw the energy blast arching into the sky before it fell onto one of their ships. The wounded vessel misfired, a shot slamming into the cliffside just below the water line, the earth shaking and heaving. Skye fell as the earth beneath crumbled first, but upon seeing the sharp rocks immediately below him, he slammed his hands and feet into the wall beside him, ignoring the pain that jolted through his fingers as he hooked onto a ledge, mere feet from what would have been certain death.

Iyoku wasn’t quite so lucky, but as he fell, the soles of his shoes took on a slight glow, forming an external layer of Aura. As the grey hedgehog focused, the energy formed spikes on the bottom of his shoes – not unlike a pair of cleats. He planned to slam his feet into rocks below, hoping that would stop him from falling into the water. What he hadn’t accounted for was that the explosion had weakened the shoreline in that area, and thus, when his feet made contact with the stones they simply could not support what little weight he had, crumbling as he fell into the water.

Watching warily, Skye turned his attention upon hearing a splash, his powerful eyes spotting the younger hedgehog beneath the water. Tensing, he waited, but it soon became clear that Iyoku couldn’t swim. But that means...! Without a second thought he had turned around on his perch, shoving off and plunging into the sticky, cold water. Where Iyoku was dragged slightly by the current, Skye swam with even strokes, each one getting himself closer to Iyoku.

Of course, he then noticed the cave at the far end, sucking in water greedily through its rocky teeth, and knew full well that ending up in there – where air was highly limited and where the swift currents would bash one’s body into the rocks – would severely limit the ability to survive. And it just so happened that they were being dragged straight towards it. I have to get to him in time...If he passes out, I will not be able to get us out of this!

As it was, they were both lucky that Iyoku could hold his breath for a while. He’d been unsure if he’d end up falling in the water, so he had managed to get a good breath of air before he’d fallen in. It was that tunnel Skye had spotted that he was worried about; while he had his doubts that it would break any bones – crack, maybe, but not break – it would most likely knock the wind out of him; and Skye would struggle with the current the closer they got, as it was already beginning to pick up speed.

However, just as Skye reached the younger hedgehog, they were both sucked into the underwater tunnel, and Iyoku braced himself for the rough ride to come, adamant on not letting any air escape – he knew he’d likely drown if he did. Skye gripped Iyoku firmly by the chest, although he was careful to not cause the younger hedgehog any damage or discomfort. Unlike Iyoku, Skye was an excellent swimmer and capable of holding his breath for minutes on end, something that had saved his life multiple times.

The tunnel was narrow and, obviously, dark. Fangs seemed to jut out from the sides, and only by the current’s whimsy were they able to avoid them. At one occasion Skye managed to get them to a small air pocket, but just as quickly as they were able to get a gulp of oxygen they were dragged under once more. There was no idea of how long the tunnel went on – Skye had never been able to explore this particular one due to the danger involved. He was, however, sure it went on for a while due to the speed at which the tunnel was transporting them, which was quite fast – too fast to account only for the narrowness. However, they had been going for a while now, and Iyoku had a feeling he wouldn’t be able to hold his breath for much longer. It was at that moment that a passing rock had the gall to smash itself into his skull, knocking him out.

Skye swore to himself as Iyoku went limp in his hands, and he knew time was running out. Twisting himself around so that the younger hedgehog was on top, Skye used his body as a shield, slamming into various rocks that tore through his skin with sickening ease. Whenever he spotted an air pocket he pushed Iyoku up towards it, allowing him to get a breath despite being unconscious. However, they were pulled under too quickly for Skye himself to get a breath, and thus, he was running low on air by this point. Another pocket passed by, but it was another chance that he spoiled, giving the precious oxygen to Iyoku instead.

Swinging around a particularly tight bend, Skye barely had time to notice a rather large outcropping of jagged rock. By that time it was too late; his right leg slammed into the stone, and instantly, blinding pain sliced through his body as he heard his leg fragment. In shock as he hadn’t expected his leg to give way so easily, he let out a gasp of air, quickly regretting it as he inhaled a lungful of water in an automatic response.

His vision and mind failing, he was dimly aware of the water spitting them out, and the rough feel of sand before he promptly passed out.

As the grey hedgehog began to wake up, he kept his eyes closed for a few extra seconds due to the throbbing pain he felt in his head. Sitting up slowly after he’d opened his eyes, he looked around carefully, avoiding the action of moving his head too fast so he could keep from making the pounding in his head even worse than it already was. He had to think for a few moments before he recalled what had caused him to be knocked out. …I must’ve hit my head on one of the rocks in that tunnel; it doesn’t feel like there’s a concussion though. At least, I hope not... He soon spotted Skye on the sandy ground a little ways away from him, and winced slightly when he saw the other hedgehog’s leg at an unnatural angle. Of course; my first day here and I managed to break the leg of the second-in-command of the Freedom Fighters. He narrowed his eyes, also annoyed with himself for the fact that a shattered bone was beyond his range of healing.

The cavern was moderately sized, lightened by the glowing mosses that adorned the ceiling above. The water which they had been thrown from lapped at the small shore, oddly gentle. The sand around Skye was stained crimson with various amounts of blood that the wounds of which were just starting to stop bleeding, so chances were neither hedgehog had been out for very long.

Iyoku briefly wondered if he should try to wake him, but decided on a different course of action. He had his doubts that the water was very clean, so he let out Yaiba and had him use a small Water Pulse attack to fill a bottle he had taken out of his bag about halfway full with water before he took a Sitrus berry from his pack; he then started crushing it with the mortar and the pestle he always had with him. The black Absol sat, waiting for the command to Thunderbolt the bottle once Iyoku determined the ingredients to be ready for use.

Whether it was the sound of the waves or the sound of crunching berries that did the job, gradually Skye began to rouse from his slumber. He was silent in doing so, his nature not to complain about any amount of pain he could possibly be in. And despite how one would think he would be crippled from the agony, he was not; Skye pulled himself up into a sitting position with relative ease before a violent fit of coughing helped him expel the saltwater he had inhaled. For a second it appeared as if the exhausted hedgehog would collapse onto his side, but he remained stable, albeit his breathing was heavy as he tried to regain his breath. He seemed almost pitiful with his fur drenched, fully outlining his slender frame and the ribs that showed so strongly; a symbol of the planet’s distress.

The younger hedgehog glanced his way, but knowing Skye was still pretty winded from what had occurred, he didn’t attempt to start a conversation with him. However, he was a little surprised that he would injure himself so badly to save someone he’d met less than a day ago. Unless it’s because I need to get back to my dimension; that’s probably why he did it.

Turning his gaze upon Iyoku, Skye blinked calmly as he began to speak, voice just as light as it had been before with very little sign of fatigue. “I am glad to see you all right. After you passed out, I had to bring you up to whatever air pockets I could find so you could get a breath of fresh air. How do you feel?”

“I’m fine, other than the headache,” the younger hedgehog replied. “Sorry about the shattered bone though. If it was only a break, I probably could’ve healed it, but…” He shook his head. “You should have some of this when it’s done,” he stated, gesturing to the bottle on the ground that now had the puréed berries and water within and was being electrified by Yaiba’s Thunderbolt. “It will probably help the bone heal faster once it’s in a splint.”

Skye glanced at his leg, seeming to just notice that it was sitting at an odd angle. “Do not fret for my well being. My duty has always been to protect others, regardless of the cost.” He nodded, however, at Iyoku’s suggestion. “Thankfully, my bones heal much faster than others. I shall be fine within a month.” He glanced around, observing where they were. “I have not been to this cavern before. We should get moving as quickly as possible to reunite with the others.”

After telling the Dark Type to cease the attack, Iyoku nodded as well. “Yaiba or Shourai should be able to give you a ride if you want to keep off that leg for now. However, the question is...Which do you think they’ll find less threatening? A black wolf with a sickle on the side of his head, or a winged one with a tail that could slash through steel like butter?” He questioned dryly as he handed the bottle of medicine to the other hedgehog.

“At this point, they fear a machine worse than any creature. I would not worry...Except that Rikka may attempt to get some blood samples.” Skye drank some of the medicine, but then decided that smaller doses over time would work much better than one large dose, so he handed the bottle back to Iyoku while explaining this. “I may not be a medical expert, but I do know some things. What about you? Is your head feeling any better?”

The grey hedgehog nodded as he put the container of medicine in his bag. “Yeah, I’m a quick healer, fortunately. It’s been a nice bonus considering the crappy string of luck I’ve had.” After that, he turned his attention to thinking of a way out, knowing the way they’d been taken in most definitely wasn’t an option.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 04-22-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Short Story Part Six Up!

Skye gave a slight cough. “Perhaps that crevice would be a viable option of escape?” He had seemingly read the younger hedgehog’s mind, gesturing towards a small crack in the wall that looked barely large enough to let Iyoku through, let alone Skye. “I am afraid Yaiba will not fit, however. Do you have my spear?”

Iyoku thought for a few moments. “...No; I managed to get it after you dropped it when jumping into that machine’s mouth, but it might’ve fallen into the cove afterwards. However,” he glanced at the opening thoughtfully, “if Yaiba fires an Ice Beam into that crevice and melts it with a Flamethrower a few times, it might widen enough to let all of us through.”

“Perhaps...But I would rather not have to deform this cavern. One never knows when a seemingly stable wall will collapse.” By now the hedgehog had gotten to his feet, balancing lightly on his good leg while studying the wall, trying to figure out the best way to squeeze through without aggravating his injuries, although they didn’t seem to bother him much.

“The town I used to live in did mining for a living, so that, along with my Aura abilities should let me know well in advance if it’s in danger of collapsing.”

“Maybe. Still, why deform the cavern when we can fit through already? Can you not just,” he thought for the right term, “return Yaiba to that device?” Skye had already managed to limp – it was amazing he could even put any weight on his shattered leg to begin with – to the wall, examining what lay beyond.

“I could; the main reason I kept him out was so you could have something to help your balance and avoid using your broken leg.” The grey hedgehog stated.

Skye shrugged slightly. “Well, let him out once we have gotten through this crevice. The tunnel beyond widens out. I can guide us once we get to a tunnel I have explored.” He glanced back at the crack within the wall. “Believe me; I never forget the tunnels I have walked through. Many often call me more reliable than any machine...Although I doubt that is the case.”

“Well, there are people who have photographic memory and a good sense of direction underground. I suppose they might be more reliable than a machine in certain situations” Iyoku said as he recalled the black Absol into the Poke Ball. Glancing at the large crack in the wall, he knew that it would most likely be much too dark to see properly, so he planned to use his Aura Sight in place of his eyesight. Skye waited patiently for him to go first, just in case he managed to get wedged in the wall in some way, Iyoku would still be able to escape...Or pull him out.

Iyoku did so, managing to fit into the crevice rather easily. He was a bit skinnier than he looked; no doubt due to having so little food in his time period. Even during the month or two that he’d been in the present time with Nazo, he hadn’t eaten much because he knew from observation that you could get sick very quickly if you ate more food than you were used to in one sitting.

Skye followed suit, wedging himself in between the stones. His slimmer frame, along with starvation, coupled with his dexterity allowed him to emerge from the rocks relatively unscathed, although he stumbled slightly as he regained his balance. “Well, that was not as tight as I expected. Perhaps I have lost more weight than I thought...” He half mumbled to himself, shrugging. “Do you need me to guide you, Iyoku? Even in this darkness I see everything as clearly as day. I assure you nothing will happen.”

The grey hedgehog also shrugged in response. “My Aura Sight lets me see things several times more clearly than I would even in broad daylight. I can even see invisible enemies, but since I haven’t been here, I don’t know my way around. So it’s probably a better idea for you to take the lead; especially if this turns out to be one of the tunnels you’ve explored.”

“Then follow me. Progress may be a little slow due to my leg, but it will allow you to get your bearings.” Skye nodded at this, slowly beginning to lead, limping heavily on his injured leg but otherwise giving no other signs of injury. He didn’t even whimper as he agitated his shattered leg, not even a wince; his ability to suppress pain being far superior to Nazo’s. However, after seeing this for a few moments, Iyoku questioned if he wanted Yaiba out to help keep his balance without aggravating the injury. Skye agreed, sensing that it would do more help than harm, as well as speeding up their travel.

The grey hedgehog took the Absol’s Poke Ball out of his bag and released him into the tunnel. He’d waited until this point because he knew that this area was large enough for the Dark Type. Skye looped an arm around Yaiba’s thick mane, using him to support himself; he was quick to apologize if he pulled any fur that caused irritation for the Absol.

“He said not to worry about it; nothing happened.” Iyoku said, waiting for the other hedgehog to steady himself before they continued.

Skye raised an eyebrow as they travelled onward. “Telepathy, I presume?” He waved a hand in case Iyoku was surprised how he knew. “Super uses it all the time to insult my heritage, so it is only natural I would have some knowledge of it.” He gestured back to the tunnel. “As for this passage, I do not recognize it yet. However, I have faith we will get to an area I have explored before long.”

The grey hedgehog nodded. “Yeah. Both he and Shourai can use telepathy. They don’t usually do so with anyone but me and other creatures like themselves though.” Afterwards, he kept his eyes on the rocky walls that they passed, using his abilities to sense if there had been any currents of air to determine how close they were to getting out.

“So,” Skye began after hearing that, “care to explain why your eyes are glowing red?”

“I’m using my Aura Sight to see if there are any air currents from the outside in here,” Iyoku said with a glance at the other hedgehog before he went back to scouring the area. “If there are, they’ll be moving faster than the air that’s mostly been in the tunnels and we can get out sooner.”

“Well,” Skye stated, “regardless of what happens, we shall make it out. Of that, I have no doubt. I apologize that my leg is slowing us down...It cannot be helped at the moment, I suppose. You would have sustained much more injury than a head wound if I had not taken action.”

The grey hedgehog nodded. “Yeah; thanks for that.” However, he quickly turned his attention to some of the air currents as a swift abnormality in the tunnel made them shift. Yaiba once again used telepathy to tell Iyoku that he sensed something was going to happen shortly, and since the Absol species were known for sensing natural disasters, Iyoku had a feeling it was in their best interests to get out quickly.

“No need for thanks, although it is appreciated.” Skye responded, but whether or not he sensed the abnormality was unknown as his demeanour did not change. That being said, as intelligent and observant as he was, he lacked the natural ability Yaiba possessed, and thus was at a disadvantage.

Iyoku glanced around once more, and his eyes narrowed slightly. “We’d better get out of here quickly; Yaiba said he can sense something’s going to happen. Given where we are, I’d guess it would be a rock slide or a cave-in.”

Skye shook his head lightly. “I would be able to sense anything earth related occurring. Perhaps a flood...” He glanced at Iyoku. “We are rather close to the sea, and with the battle...The wall was weakened. The water may be close to breaching it.” There was a slight hint of worry within his voice, but only a steady calm permeated his eyes, showing that despite the situation he was fully prepared for whatever may happen.

Iyoku nodded. “Well, if it is, Yaiba should be able to hold some of it back with Psychic before he can freeze it with an Ice Beam. That’ll buy some time at least.” Although, he knew they would still be taking their chances by doing so, and in response he began to look over the air currents again.

“I have some magic that can also freeze the water, if needed. But yes, it would not hold for very long...Every second will count.”

Even as Skye said this, Iyoku spotted a weak breeze drifting through the cavern, noting that it didn’t have the same feel of humidity to it as the others that he’d seen in the tunnel. “Alright, I think I might’ve found an exit,” he said.

Skye seemed to glance around, thinking quietly. “Yes…I believe I glimpsed this area briefly before, but never explored it. If that is the case, then that tunnel ahead of us is one I should know.” The tunnel itself was dark but considerably drier than the one they had been travelling through. As they entered it, Skye quickly proclaimed that he had been to this one before, and quickly began to lead the way with gestures and words.

As it was, he led them through winding passages, and it seemed it went on for hours as the scenery never changed. Gradually, however, light began to appear, and an exit showed up ahead. “Now…You may be a little surprised by how different the outside looks compared to a vast majority of the planet. Try not to fall down!”

Indeed, it was amazing as he had said. Leafy trees, some as tall as ten storeys, branched into the sky, foliage a healthy green. The ground was firm and covered with pleasant grass, with the occasional bush dotted with bright berries nestled beside its larger brethren. While the sky overhead remained red from the pollution, the air itself smelled of sap and energized the body when inhaled. Small creatures scurried around on the branches of the trees or among the underbrush, the sound of wind through leaves and snapping twigs adding music to the air.

“...Well, this place is definitely in better condition than what I’ve seen of the planet so far.” Iyoku said. In fact, if I didn’t know I was in a different dimension, I would think Shaymin or maybe Celebi were in the area.

“Indeed. The Huwings take very good care of the forest, and it is said it was blessed by their god Terrador himself.” He redirected his attention as a small bird, noticeable as a robin due to its brown coloration and red belly came circling down towards them. Holding out a finger, the bird perched lightly and gave a chirp while the hedgehog smiled. “Oakwood! How glad I am to see you again!” Even as he said this, the bird had hopped onto his shoulder, rubbing its head against his cheek.

As this happened, Iyoku glanced upwards and he noticed that while most of the trees were quite tall, a few had grown to even greater heights; possibly around ten storeys or so. He had a feeling that they would only get taller as they went further into the forest; although, the trees from his time period still dwarfed these. He recalled what Skye had said about the Huwings and briefly wondered how the Cami from this dimension was doing, although he figured he would find out soon enough. However, he had his doubts that Shadow was her boyfriend.

“I suppose we should get going, so my leg can be taken care of.” Skye stated, although the traces of his smile were still slightly visible. “Oakwood,” he addressed the bird, “if you would, please tell the Huwings of our arrival, preferably one of the Elders.” The robin gave a chirp, lifting into the air with a few well-timed flaps and taking off into the air like a bullet. “This way. And if you have any questions about the Huwings, I will be more than happy to enlighten you.”

“The Huwings are also in my dimension, although things are pretty different, obviously. For one, I highly doubt Shadow is Cami’s boyfriend if she has one.” Iyoku said with a tint of amusement in his voice.

“You are correct. If anything, they are sworn enemies. They cannot stand each other, from the few times they have met. Cami does have a fiancé, however; his name is Harper. They have been in love for many years, and only recently did he see it fit to propose.”

Iyoku was in thought for a few moments; he thought he recognized the name from somewhere, and he had to think fairly far back to when he and Nazo had gotten to the village, when Cami had gone to get Heatran before they’d met him for the first time. ...I don’t know if I should tell Skye. He might not react well to the fact that his alternate self was the one to kill Harper in my dimension.

“She is an excellent leader, but she, like me, is only second-in-command. The true leader is Elder Kurai, but...” Skye shrugged, not seeming to heed Iyoku’s silence. “Well, he can be brutal. Dedicated to the cause, but his methods are not always...Proper.” There was a tone to his voice that hinted he was not on the best of terms with Kurai, and probably didn’t want to meet him again anytime soon.

Iyoku’s eyes narrowed and he glanced up at the other hedgehog. “Tell Cami or someone to keep an eye on him; in my dimension, he betrayed the Huwings and helped cause most of the villages to be destroyed.”

This didn’t seem to bother Skye in the least. “Perhaps in that dimension, but in this one he has been leading for years. He puts his village first, but is rather stuck on tradition. While I do not particularly like him, he has led the Huwings into prosperity, uniting the many scattered villages under a common banner. For that, he deserves credit.” He sighed. “He is a good leader...But I wish he was not so ambitious. And with Elder Tyron’s failing health...It is up to the other Elders to help maintain the balance.” He eyed Iyoku calmly. “That being said, I will be sure to tell Harper – for I fear Cami may not believe me – to keep a look out.”

“People from different dimensions often act in a similar manner,” Iyoku said with a shrug. “Robotnik is a pretty good example, though it can be just as likely that two dimensional counterparts would act in an opposite manner from each other.”

“Never judge a book by its cover, Iyoku. That is a lesson I learned from a very early age.” Skye commented, shaking his head as if the memories were painful. “Is there anything else you wish to ask about? Anything at all?”

Maybe, but I still don’t entirely trust everyone I’ve met. Iyoku thought; although, as could be expected, the only one who was an exception to that besides his Pokemon was Nazo and – for the most part – Shadow. Although, he had a feeling that if the black hedgehog was determined to do something, just about nothing would stop him no matter what it was. Iyoku thought for a few moments before answering to Skye that there was nothing else he wanted to know about. After all, not too much could be different; it might be a different dimension, but there are still a few similarities.

“Well, either way, we are here.” Skye announced before the village came into view. It was much larger, nestled in a clearing among the oldest trees of the forest. Easily hundreds of Huwings and refugees were moving in and out of the thatched houses, and banners – a red flame with a pair of wings – were hanging in certain areas. Luckily for them, a very familiar Huwing was standing at attendance nearby, alerted by Oakwood, whom was perched on her shoulder.

Her garb was different, as she no longer wore white but the proper red and orange robes of an Elder, but it was still easy to identify Cami. “Skye, we really must stop meeting this way. Someone is always injured...Although it’s rare for it to be you.” She sighed, taking notice of Iyoku and Yaiba. “I see you have friends with you. Well, come! I’ll take you to the infirmary.”

Iyoku and the others followed, but unlike when he’d visited the Huwing village in his dimension, he wasn’t too worried about them being superstitious about Yaiba’s species. After all, they wouldn’t have heard of the particular Pokemon species, let alone the countless others that existed in his dimension.

Soon enough, they were lead into a rather high-tech area within a larger building, nestled safely between two trees. The machines appeared to be steam and solar powered, and small openings in the top of the roof allowed sunlight to bathe the rooms within. As it was, Skye was taken away from Iyoku and quickly ushered into a darker room by a nurse to be x-rayed.

“Well, we’ll see what’s wrong with his leg soon enough. We didn’t want to get more advanced, but we had no choice. I’m beginning to think we made the right decision though.” Cami spoke up, turning to Iyoku. “As for you and your wolf friend, well...I imagine Skye will be using that leg within a few hours despite any warnings he will receive. You will probably leave soon after.”

Iyoku nodded. “Yeah; he’s hard to keep down when he wants to do something.” While he hadn’t known Skye for very long, he knew from what little he had seen that the sky blue hedgehog didn’t stay in out of commission for long.

Cami gave a short laugh. “Oh, you have that right. I’ve seen him fight while unconscious and lift boulders that easily weigh a ton when he’s pushed past his limits. Really, he doesn’t give off the ‘mighty’ look...But I wouldn’t want to cross him. He knows where to hit in order to break a bone.” She sighed. “Still, he’s killing himself...So that is never good. And his mental health is declining too, so he’s becoming just as big a threat as Robotnik is.”

The grey hedgehog sighed. “As it is, I doubt he’d take a vacation, or even think of doing so. I doubt much of the planet is in good shape, anyways. But if Robotnik does end up winning the war, it’ll be even worse.”

“Agreed. It is his stubbornness that is destroying him.” She shrugged, but her expression turned serious. “But you are right; Robotnik will kill us all. Or even worse – turn us into mindless machines.”

Iyoku nodded again, but he could think of a fate that was worse than even Roboticization. He briefly wondered if the others would think the same thing if they knew what a time freeze could do. He’d seen from the size of the Freedom Fighters’ base that, if a time freeze did occur, only a small number of them would be likely to escape it.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 04-30-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:32 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Short Story Part Seven Up!

Ok, previous part, I totally knew that was coming with him busting the thing up from the inside. Called it too. That was definately a K move. *nods* Afraid I also knew he wouldn't be leaving that situation unscathed. >.> Not surprising at all that he got hurt trying help Iyoku.
It's so hard to tell what Iyoku thought of the new area with the Huwing village. He hardly reacts to anything. Figured you'd be going to see Cami at some point. Guess that means there'll probably be a run-in with Harper possible too.

Oh, saw a little typo in there.

Quote:
It was much larger, nestled in clearing among the oldest trees of the forest.
Shouldn't that be "in a clearing..."?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Ok, previous part, I totally knew that was coming with him busting the thing up from the inside. Called it too. That was definately a K move. *nods* Afraid I also knew he wouldn't be leaving that situation unscathed. >.> Not surprising at all that he got hurt trying help Iyoku.
It's so hard to tell what Iyoku thought of the new area with the Huwing village. He hardly reacts to anything. Figured you'd be going to see Cami at some point. Guess that means there'll probably be a run-in with Harper possible too.
Lol, yeah. Skye can be a bit of a kamikaze XD And of course not. He jumped into a GIANT MACHINE and OVERLOADED it's UNSTABLE energy core XP

Iyoku is like a zombie without the craving for brains. He's just like "uuuuuuh". Yeah, Cami appeared XP

No, Harper does not appear. I'm still figuring out his design a little. I'm also thinking of redesigning Skye himself (Nazo is getting a redesign), but I want to make sure it'll fit in with any possible future forms he might achieve (probably not any major forms though. He has zero Chaos aptitude).

As it is right now, I'm rethinking it. He might not change. I just want to make him a little more unique from Nazo, but with the latter getting a redesign that won't be a problem anymore. Yaaaaay.

Skye: Goodie. Why not give me a blood red scar over my eye while you are at it?

And mess up that handsome face? Never! *Glomps*
Old 05-05-2011, 02:49 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Well, I don't think he's a zombie. Was only saying he rarely reacts to much. I'll tell you what though, between him being so stoic and Skye being calm and not surprised by much...I'd hate to be sitting at a poker table.

And if you wanna make a slight change between them, why not just drop Skye's quills down a bit?

Oh, and you do know what I meant by that was a "K" move, right? ^^
Old 05-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Well, I don't think he's a zombie. Was only saying he rarely reacts to much. I'll tell you what though, between him being so stoic and Skye being calm and not surprised by much...I'd hate to be sitting at a poker table.

And if you wanna make a slight change between them, why not just drop Skye's quills down a bit?

Oh, and you do know what I meant by that was a "K" move, right? ^^

Lol, that's true XD No one would win XP

Well, I could, but...Well, a hedgehog's quills grow stiffly in a set way. However many they are born with is usually how many they keep, although their quills may actually get longer (Sonic is a case of this). The way Skye's quills are arranged though, gravity sorta halts them from growing to a certain point.

He is taller than Nazo though, both in body and in quill length. It's not a major difference, but it's enough to make him the tallest hedgehog character I've got. Sonic is like, what, 3'8" or something...Nazo would be about 4'3" with his quills (I'm just guessing here - I suck at measurements) so Skye would probably be around 4'6" or something.

Damn, he's almost as tall as me 0o'

Skye: She is just guessing, actually. She needs to measure. I am the tallest hedgehog in the Freedom Fighters, however, but it is only because of my quills...There are others taller but lacking large quills.

EDIT: And no, I don't know what a "K" move is XD
Old 05-05-2011, 03:56 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I never said to change them drastically. You said you wanted something more to differentiate them. That was just the first thing that came to mind. Though really, I think their individual attitudes are plenty to differentiate them. XD

And I mentioned K before. Ever see MiB? x3

Quote:
Yes, kinda. Only Skye wasn't going in to get his gun back. XD Actually...I kinda have to wonder what he would think of a ten foot cockroach. ^^'
Old 05-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Hours passed after that discussion, and night had fallen by the time Skye was delivered from surgery. Not surprisingly, only a slim cast was on his leg, but he had a crutch to help support him; he had another spear on his back, as the Huwings also manufactured them. He gave a slight nod at Iyoku, who had been patiently sitting down on a log this whole time.

Iyoku raised an eyebrow. “So, out of curiosity, how many times have you had to have that spear replaced?” He questioned.

Skye seemed to laugh slightly at that question. “Too many times to count, in all honesty. Steel facing off against steel often does that.” He shrugged. “Well, in any case, I received word back from Sonic. While he does not want me to, he has given me permission to lead you to the shrine.” He gestured towards a different set of mountains in the distance. “Shall we get going?”

The grey hedgehog nodded and got to his feet, already having recalled Yaiba into his Poke Ball. He briefly wondered if it were possible for Shourai to fly them to the island and figured that, if they were going to, partway would be the best option. He had a feeling Skye would be able to get on for the ride, though his instincts told him they could be spotted by unfriendly fliers if they did so.

“Come. We can take the underground pathway or travel on the mountain directly. Either way, there will not be a lot of food or water, so be prepared. That being said, you seem to handle those situations pretty well.” He nodded, already beginning to limp to the other side of the village.

“Yeah; I’m plenty used to those conditions.” Iyoku said as he began following after the other hedgehog. “As for the route there, I suppose you can choose since you know the way around here; unless we would be able to fly over the mountains. We might be spotted by one of Robotnik’s mechs though.”

Skye nodded slightly at that. “I am afraid it is too risky. It would be wisest to travel underground, but unless you are uncomfortable given our recent ordeal, we can go over land.” The night was pleasantly warm, and the wind rustled the leaves to create a soft chorus of whispers that could easily put someone to sleep, as it had to the forest animals.

Iyoku shrugged. “I’ve got no problems with traveling underground; like I said back in the cavern, I used to live in an underground mining town. It was pretty deep down too, around six-hundred feet, I think.”

“My, that is indeed deep. I can only imagine how massive the structures were to keep the entire cavern from collapsing in on itself.” Skye mused, although another thought came to him. “Iyoku, do you require rest? We have been traveling all day, and no doubt you are exhausted from the ocean’s struggle.”

He shook his head in response. “No, I’m not tired. Not to mention I’m used to constantly being on the move.” He stated before glancing upwards at the reddish tinted sky beyond the canopies of the trees. “Been so much so on the move, in fact, that I’ve never stayed in the same place for more than a night.”

Thoughtful, the older hedgehog could only speak softly in response. “Sometimes, Iyoku, you must slow down to truly appreciate life. If you are constantly running, you will burn yourself out and be too exhausted to behold beauty. I used to be like many others – cocky, arrogant, hot-tempered, and impatient...I very rarely observed life and all its intricacies. But when I finally calmed my temper and fell back to a walking pace, much changed. I learned quite a lot just by watching the flow of a river or the wind dancing among the leaves, and it is one of the few things that truly make me happy.” He sighed. “I suppose I should say do not take life for granted, for it will pass you by in the blink of an eye. The time you lose...You can never get back.”

Iyoku glanced at him. “Not in my time period. Granted, I’m not even sure if I should be using the word ‘time’, considering it’s frozen. There’s no wind, no streams going through the woods, neither morning nor night comes, and if you ever did end up there, you’d notice its alot warmer than here.” He shook his head, not even having gone into the most detailed parts of the world he came from.

“And that is why you must return to your dimension, to prevent that fate from happening. Such a horrid place to live! I, for one, would rather be roboticized than to live in a world where even the blessed beauty of nature has been robbed!” Skye proclaimed to that, although the very thought of being turned into a killing machine obviously made him uncomfortable, and judging from the fact he shuddered, it was one of his worst fears.

The grey hedgehog nodded. “I know; Uxie said that if the collapse of my dimension happens, it won’t be long before all the others – including this one – face the same fate.”

“Super will never let me hear the end of it if that happens.”

A frown remained on Iyoku’s face. “Yeah, but when I say all of them, I mean all of them. Even those in the afterlife will be erased from existence. So will the past, present and future of every world.”

“So even the souls will be destroyed. Indeed, it is a fate I would rather avoid. This world is hellish enough...But even destruction would be a terrible outcome.” Skye turned his head as the bush rustled, although his relaxed demeanour indicted that whoever it was wasn’t a threat. And when the young lion tripped and fell flat on his face, it only added to that assumption. “I see Sonic received my message?”

Leo grinned a bit, sitting up. “Yes, Master Skye. He also wanted to say that the Blue Fleet was saved.” Skye nodded at this. “But...He can’t join us right away. He’ll try and meet you at the shrine, but with conditions as they are, he isn’t sure. So you have me instead!” Leo chirped, leaping to his feet and saluting.

Iyoku briefly wondered if he should introduce Leo to Shourai and Yaiba, but decided against it before he suggested they get going. After all, we don’t have much time left. Skye quickly agreed, leading them forward; within a few minutes they entered into a tunnel, darkness engulfing them as they began the trek.

After having traveled for hours, Skye’s ailing strength forced the group to come to a stop within a rather large cavern, a small crevice allowing the stars to be seen clearly above. That in itself signified they were rather high above sea level, and perhaps the altitude combined with the Master Emerald’s powers allowed the air to be clear. Sitting down, Skye asked Iyoku if he would like to learn the brief history of their solar system, and the planets that dwelled within. The grey hedgehog answered that he would, considering he’d never had the thought to bother learning about the solar system, considering the time freezes. “Very well. As you know, we are on the planet Wakusei, which translates in the ancient language as ‘planet’. Tsuki, and you can probably guess what its name stands for, is our moon.” The hedgehog was drawing a rough sketch in the ground, showing that Wakusei was the third planet in the solar system. “These two binary planets, which you can see brightly shining in the stars above, are Shoujo and Sochi, ‘son’ and ‘daughter’. Shoujo is the more orange colored light.” He drew the next planet, which was smaller than Wakusei. “Aka, ‘red’ or ‘scarlet’. Beside it is the Umi Ganseki, ‘sea of rock’, a vast belt of asteroids which separates the warm cored planets with the cold cores.”

“Although,” Leo piped up, “there’s an exception!”

Skye nodded. “Indeed, but we are not on that planet yet. The most beautiful, yet perhaps coldest and deadliest planet is Ippin, effectively ‘gem’. Her rings are always shifting and rotating, and when the rings line up completely vertical along with that of Kaosu – which is the next planet, composed of bands of negative and positive chaos energy along with a loose ring formed by neutral energy...Destruction is unleashed.” He sighed. “Makai – ‘hell’ - is the next planet, and is the most active, ripping itself apart with eruptions. It has a hot core, indeed, but this activity, distance, and its small size will end up cooling it off eventually. And the last...” He directed the handy stick he had found at the last planet, only it was a series of odd shapes. “Ato...’ruins’ or ‘remains’. That destruction I said the two giants can unleash? It happened millions of years ago. Ato was obliterated, thanks to our sun – named San – directing the beam at the planet.”

After taking the concept of a solar system into place, Iyoku briefly wondered how the time freezes would affect a place such as this one. While he didn’t know anything about the system in his dimension, he had to think it would be at least somewhat similar due to the fact this was an alternate dimension. He had a feeling that once a planet’s time freeze became complete, that it would stop rotating around the sun. If that was the case, it was likely that it would happen to the other planets as well, though he had his doubts that they had Time Gears on them. But Uxie did say that everything would be affected, he thought with a frown.

“I suggest we get some sleep now. We may have to fight if Knuckles proves hostile...And from what I have heard, he will not be an easy person to best. I dearly hope we can reason with him.” Leo had already proceeded to curl up on one side of the cavern, although his amber eyes clearly indicated he was not yet asleep.

The grey hedgehog nodded in agreement, but as had become habitual for him for as long as he could remember, he always stayed mostly awake. He didn’t remember the last time he had gotten a full night’s sleep. As for Skye – who propped himself up against the wall in a similar manner to Nazo – he fell into very light sleep, the slightest twitch liable to wake him up at a moment’s notice. As with Iyoku, it could be because of the constant threat of danger...But it could have also been that perhaps unpleasant memories often surfaced amidst the bliss of inactivity.

And Skye had plenty of those memories to go around.

It was well before the sun rose – likely a good four hours – when Iyoku woke up, and he noticed that Leo had snuggled closer to the other hedgehog sometime during the night. As he glanced up at the crack in the cavern that revealed the skies above, he briefly wondered if he should cook something up. Deciding against it, he figured they would be better off with just berries, but then began wondering if it would be a better course of action to go a little ways from the others before he let his Pokemon out to eat.

Leo woke next, yawning and uncurling, glancing around and appearing greatly surprised that Skye was still asleep – and soundly at that. Getting up carefully, it was further proven when he didn’t wake up, and the lion crept closer to Iyoku. “Man, Master Skye has to be exhausted. He never sleeps so deeply or for so long.” He shook his head. “Doesn’t get a lot of sleep anyway. The stress of the war is hurting everyone.”

Iyoku nodded. “It’s also probably that broken leg. The medicine I gave him yesterday to help dull the pain can also speed up healing, though it takes a little more energy to do so.” He spoke in a lower volume due to the fact it was quite likely that Skye would wake up if they talked too loudly despite how tired he was. “Do you want something to eat right now or wait until later? I’ve got some food, but I highly doubt it’ll be like anything you’ve tasted before.”

“Master Skye heals fast anyways. When Super broke his leg one time, it healed within a month.” Leo nodded to himself, clearly idolizing the hedgehog despite the fact it had been obvious Skye didn’t want him to. “And…Food? Sure! I’m starving!” He piped up, although quickly lowered his voice in response to Skye’s ear flicking in their direction. “Heh, he’s never off duty…”

The grey hedgehog snickered inwardly as he rummaged around in his pack, taking out a large Sitrus berry and handing it to the lion before he took out the two Poke Balls that his Pokemon were in. however, he refrained from releasing Yaiba and Shourai. “I have a couple of friends that need to eat too, so I’ll be letting them out. Just a warning though, they’re not likely to resemble anything you’ve seen.”

Leo gulped down a large piece he had already bitten off in order to respond. “Hey, I’m not Domino. I don’t faint if a bug lands on me.” He snickered. “Besides, can’t be any weirder than some of the other people out there.”

Iyoku shrugged before enlarging the Poke Balls by tapping the button on the front. He held them out in front of him, and they burst open, their occupants revealed in a flurry of white light as they materialized on the ground. The black Aveeon gave a wide yawn which displayed his sharp fangs as he ruffled his wings. <About time you let us out.> He said, slightly annoyed that he hadn’t been able to get some air for so long. <So where exactly are we?> He questioned, glancing up at the sky through the crack in the ceiling. He quickly snapped up a berry that Iyoku had tossed his way while he listened to what the hedgehog said – through telepathy – about their current situation.

“…Cool.” Reaching over, the lion gently felt Shourai’s wings, clearly curious and amazed. “Really awesome, Iyoku! Why didn’t you tell me you had such awesome looking friends?” He piped up, although still remembered to keep his voice down low enough to as to not awaken his master. That being said, they could expect Skye to wake up soon, as his slow breathing – which signified a deep sleep – was beginning to lighten as his consciousness began to return from the world of dreams.

Iyoku snickered. “I had a feeling it might’ve been best not to. Especially after Skye mentioned that someone named Rikka might try to get blood samples from them. They wouldn’t have been cooperative is all I have to say.” As if to justify his point, the Absol gave a snort and rolled his eyes. “By the way, the winged one is called Shourai and the other is Yaiba.”

“Yeah, Rikka is a little crazy like that. She prods Master Skye with needles all the time…And I’ve seen them get into some heated arguments. She’s knocked him out a few times with a frying pan she keeps around just for that purpose!” He shook his head, exasperated. “The thing is though…I think they like each other. But after what Vixie said to Master Skye…”

Iyoku seemed to raise an eyebrow, but returned his attention to finishing the spicy Tamato berry he’d taken for himself before he decided to count up the inventory of food he still had in the data machine.

Glancing over, Leo noticed Skye waking up finally, and bounded over. “Master Skye! You’re up!” Of course, he no longer kept his voice in check seeing there was no reason, although the hedgehog would have begged to differ.

“Yes...And your loud greeting has further awakened me.” Leo quickly apologized, having sensed the slight reprimand within his voice. “Anyway...Seeing as we are all awake, we should get going. It is not that far now.” Even speaking, Skye had already gotten to his feet, using the crutch to support his leg. Glancing up to gauge the time, he nodded to himself as if confirming something. “If we leave now, we should be there by noon.”

“Alright.” Iyoku said as he put away the data analyzer. He didn’t bother recalling Yaiba and Shourai to their Poke Balls, however, having a feeling that their senses and combat abilities could come in handy if anyone did try to track them down.

Nodding, Skye turned and began leading the group through another tunnel, although he had to caution them. “Now, be very polite when we get there. He will no doubt be suspicious, but since we have nothing to hide, honesty is the best policy here. And Leo,” he caught the lion’s attention, “do try and hold that temper in check.” This elicited a sheepish grin from Leo, who only muttered a “yes sir” in response.

Iyoku also nodded, saying he’d expected to be doing so anyways. The tunnel the group walked down was rather long, and the two Pokemon kept to the back, knowing that the others might still be a little unnerved around them.

Eventually, the tunnel lightened up at the end, and they emerged into a grassy opening with trees bordering the areas around them. Ahead, there was a stone shrine, stairs leading upwards to the top. However impressive it was now, it was clear that it had been much bigger and more beautiful ages ago, but weather and combat had reduced it to a fraction of its former glory. In the center of the altar was a monstrously large gem, the Master Emerald. Its guardian, to their shock and worry, was laying limply on the ground in front of them, and the black hedgehog that Skye had hoped to avoid was instead waiting for them, albeit boredly.

“I was wondering when you would get here. It was simply too easy to knock this so-called guardian out.” He stood up, brushing some dirt off himself, obviously relaxed. This had Skye on edge, as no doubt Shadow hadn’t come alone. “Already ready to fight? And you called me eager. It doesn’t matter though.” Chaos energy leapt from his hands, forming into the shape of a sword as he pointed it at them. “It all ends here.”

Last edited by Michelle8936; 05-07-2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:24 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Short Story Part Eight Up!

Trouble waiting at the end of the tunnel. Shoulda seen that coming. I swear between the two of you, there's always trouble in some form or another. *crosses arms*
Anyway, thought it was funny how you had Leo meet up with em. He's a refreshing change in events. And I liked his reaction to the Pokemon, cause I can only imagine I would be somewhere along the same lines if they were real. XD
The lesson on the solar system was interesting, although *shakes finger at Grassy* I can't help but feel like it was a little filler. Just didn't seem to fit in is all. ^^'

Two things I have to point out.

Quote:
Skye turned his head as the bushed rustled, although his relaxed demeanour indicted that whoever it was wasn’t a threat.
The bushed rustled, huh? Never knew a plant to live in the past tense, but ok. XD

Quote:
Iyoku briefly wondered if he should introduce Leo to Shourai and Yaiba, but decided against it before he suggested they get going. After all, we don’t have much time left.
That kinda seems like it supposed to be something out loud, or in a thought. Either that, or "we don't" should be changed to "they didn't".
Old 05-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Trouble waiting at the end of the tunnel. Shoulda seen that coming. I swear between the two of you, there's always trouble in some form or another. *crosses arms*
Anyway, thought it was funny how you had Leo meet up with em. He's a refreshing change in events. And I liked his reaction to the Pokemon, cause I can only imagine I would be somewhere along the same lines if they were real. XD
The lesson on the solar system was interesting, although *shakes finger at Grassy* I can't help but feel like it was a little filler. Just didn't seem to fit in is all. ^^'

Two things I have to point out.

The bushed rustled, huh? Never knew a plant to live in the past tense, but ok. XD

That kinda seems like it supposed to be something out loud, or in a thought. Either that, or "we don't" should be changed to "they didn't".

Lol, yeah. While I'm still figuring out how Shadow fits into Shift, he seems to be encountered more than Metal Sonic. He's like, the psycho stalker from hell XD

There is a difference between dedication and stalking, Grassy...But you've blurred the line so much I can't tell.

Leo can be a ditz, although he isn't nearly as bad as Domino. And yeah, the whole "solar system" was thrown in there because I felt like it XD

MY PLANTS ARE AWESOME. They transcend time :D

Skye: Oi, Grassy -.-'
Old 05-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Iyoku growled, his eyes narrowing as he drew his own sword, causing a crimson glint to reflect off the to-be battlefield when the light hit it. Yaiba and Shourai also tensed for battle, but before the fight could begin, Iyoku spoke. “You might as well drop the Aura Shield, Reiki; you know as well as I do that it can’t hide a presence from another Aura user.”

In response, the air shimmered before a portion of it seemed to shatter, revealing the white Lucario as a smirk came across his muzzle. “Heh; don’t mind me. I only came along to see how interesting this can get. Unless you feel like getting killed today, that is.” He stated almost nonchalantly. However, the threat was clear in his eyes and a little of his stance that he was ready for combat if he felt like it.

Shourai let out a low growl as Iyoku said to leave Reiki to himself, the Absol and the Aveeon. We’ll need all the luck we can get; I wouldn’t be surprised if I have to use some of the Jinsei Aura for this fight.

Skye nodded slowly, glancing at Leo. “Get Knuckles out of the way, Leo. I will take care of Shadow personally.” As it was, he didn’t want the young lion to get into the fight – he felt he wasn’t ready to face such a dangerous opponent. At first, he seemed like he was going to disobey, but then he nodded and inched away even as Shadow began his assault. Skye wasted no time – he used the crutch to block the Chaos Sword, jabbing with his fist into the hedgehog’s stomach, although he was aware of the crutch breaking shortly afterward. They did not want me standing on my leg yet. It looks like I will have to go against the doctor’s orders! Knuckles was safely out of the way, being taken care of by Leo amidst the trees.

Touching the ground, a vine burst forth beneath his feet, launching him towards Shadow at high speeds as he brandished his spear, although he was blocked by Shadow’s own weapon. This was not unexpected, and Skye did an elegant twist to get behind his enemy, freeing his weapon to drag it down Shadow’s back. He ducked an energized claw as the hedgehog hissed in pain from the wound, but he wasn’t about to stick around to dodge another Chaos Claw and darted away, Shadow in hot pursuit.

As a black Aura Sphere whistled his way, Iyoku dodged by somersaulting underneath it; however, he channeled a large amount of Aura energy to his left hand, slamming it down on the ground as he righted himself. A small earthquake resulted from the attack, catching the Lucario a little off-guard because he’d never seen Iyoku use the technique before. As a result, he was unable to avoid the Aura Sphere that slammed into him along with the slicing wind and a plume of fire from Shourai and Yaiba. The smoke cleared however, revealing very little to no damage had been done.

He formed a Bone Rush staff in his claws and, shortly after a telepathic heads-up to the black hedgehog, he slammed it into the ground causing a quake that far outclassed the one Iyoku had made. The grey hedgehog had sensed the attack coming though, and as a result, formed an Aura Shield around himself, Yaiba, Leo and Skye while Shourai took to the air to avoid the damage from the move. As he did so, he whipped the air with his wings before launching slicing air currents at both Shadow and Reiki due to the attack being able to target two opponents at once.

Iyoku formed another Aura Sphere, sending it at Reiki and caused a smokescreen as it detonated. From the debris of the attack, the black Absol charged, his scythe lit up with psychic energy. Darting away just before physical contact through use of Quick Attack, the Dark Type unleashed the Psycho Cut on Reiki, knowing it was all he could do for now until Skye could draw the other enemy closer.

Shadow growled in irritation as the air attack hurtled towards him, but he slashed them to pieces with well-aimed Chaos Claw strikes. He was unable to dodge Skye as the hedgehog slammed his entire body into him, but he was quick to retaliate, grabbing him by the arms and throwing him. Skye caught himself lightly on the ground, bouncing away from another attack. He dodged with very little effort, conserving his energy and waiting for the right chance to strike.

Upon an opening becoming visible – namely Shadow slowing down to catch his breath – he slammed the butt of his spear into the hedgehog’s stomach, winding him further before delivering a smack to the side of the head, sending him sprawling backwards and closer to the others, as Skye had sensed Yaiba wanted to launch an attack on the black hedgehog.

In preparation for the attack, Iyoku and Shourai both attacked their targets again, keeping them from seeing Yaiba shoot a beam of dark blue energy into the sky. A few seconds later, when clouds began to roll in, it was thought to be merely a normal change in weather. This distracted Skye long enough to receive a slash down the chest, and although he was wounded, he showed no signs of actually being hurt, smacking Shadow with a roundhouse kick and driving him further backwards. At one point, the black hedgehog managed to successfully grab Skye’s arms and limit their movement, but his ‘victory’ didn’t last long before his opponent slammed his skull into his own, temporarily disorienting the Ultimate Life Form and allowing Skye an easy chance at slashing his chest and knocking him toward Reiki.

Shortly after this happened, Yaiba gave a telepathic order for Iyoku, Shourai and Skye to get back, and after they did so, a low rumble echoed through the air before a vicious crack sounded, and with no warning at all, three bolts of lightning dropped out of the heavens, catching their opponents – even Reiki – off-guard. However, Iyoku had kept the Aura shields over his Pokemon, Leo and Skye so they wouldn’t be affected by the attack. Shadow ducked to the side, unable to avoid the full brunt of the Thunder as it struck his leg, and he gave a grunt of pain as it seared his body. Bearing his fangs angrily, the hedgehog launched several Spears towards Iyoku, although he took precaution and created some orbs of energy around himself as added protection.

Much to the black hedgehog’s surprise – and maybe even Skye’s – the Chaos Spear attacks bounced harmlessly off the shield that Iyoku had kept up around himself and created a smokescreen which aided in allowing the younger hedgehog to send several Aura Spheres at Shadow while Yaiba summoned down another rain of lighting.

Each attack connected with the spheres, although the major damage resulted as the electricity hit. The Chaos Spheres were overloaded with energy, exploding with enough force to knock the leaping hedgehog further into the air and into the larger gem atop the altar. The Master Emerald shuddered under the impact, sparks of energy leaping off and discharging into the black hedgehog, holding him in place shrieking as his body was filled with the energy he used so carelessly. What happened next was obscured by smoke, but the transformation their enemy underwent became noticeable when it cleared.

Panting at the base of the altar and trembling from shock and pain, his pelt was perhaps darker than it had been before, if even possible, while the red stripes on his body were more jagged and glowing. His shoes were outfitted with a large spike on the front, while his inhibitor rings were grey with more spikes encircling them. The tips of his gloves were ruined from the claws he now possessed, and his fangs were even longer than before. His chest fluff was still white, although a spike of fur, tainted red, arched over each shoulder. He shrieked once more as his forehead split open, revealing a third, horizontally set eye with the iris matching the same color as his original set, an ominous amber that held sheer hatred within them. “What,” his words came in breaths, “what did you do to me...?!” He straightened up as his strength suddenly returned to him. “I asked; WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!?” Roaring out his rage, Shadow lunged forward, disappearing as his speed quickly accelerated.

His attack was aimed at Iyoku, but the younger hedgehog was knocked out of the way by Skye, who took the attack head-on. The shield of Aura shattered from a mighty slash which Skye dodged...Or at least, thought he had, for a mere moment afterwards a cut appeared upon his cheek. Shadow disappeared just as quickly, reappearing behind Skye and stabbing his claws into the base of his opponent’s neck.

Skye finally showed emotion in the form of pain, giving a short hiss that was silenced when his opponent grabbed him by the face and slammed him into the ground with enough force to create a small crater. Struggling to free himself, Skye bent the other’s wrist to the point of breaking, an audible snap signifying that the job had been done. Shadow proceeded to slam Skye’s skull into the ground multiple times after that, each blow slowing the movements of his enemy until they stopped altogether. Before he could strike the final blow to end the lieutenant’s life, he was tackled by Leo, who began a fruitless battle to defend his fallen master.

Iyoku quickly regained his footing from where he’d been pushed out of the way of the attack, and his eyes narrowed at Shadow’s increased aggressiveness as he realized he had to keep both Skye and Leo from getting killed. His instincts caused his emotions to shut down completely – not even his rage remained – thus resulting in his colder, more calculating self taking over. His pupils took on a reddish tint as he darted towards the transformed black hedgehog, using Aura Sight to avoid any retaliation tactics he had while imbuing his sword with Aura energy.

As Leo was knocked out of the way from a hard kick – although thankfully Shadow had not used the spike on the tip of his boot – he turned to face the approaching hedgehog, teeth set in a hard line. Stepping backwards, he disappeared into the ground, becoming a moving shadow that ended up behind Iyoku, having been able to avoid the sword. As he rematerialized, he aimed his claws at Iyoku’s neck, but was unable to connect as Leo slashed him from behind.

“You pest!” Hissing, Shadow whirled around, clamping his jaws on the lion’s arm (he had been apparently trying to hit him with it). Leo immediately screamed as another weapon was revealed; highly acidic saliva. It burned his flesh away in an instant, and he jerked his arm back, the muscle still dissolving as he moaned in pain. He next received a claw raking down his stomach, drawing forth more blood and sending him into shock as he collapsed.

However, as Shadow was kept busy, it gave Iyoku enough time – however brief – to deliver a wicked slash on his back in addition to the two Leo and Skye had dealt before. His sword crackled with lightning-like energy as it did so, revealing that his Aura attacks had become much stronger, and there could only be one reason for it happening that way especially due to the nature of the fight.

Growling, Shadow turned around in response, lashing out with a Chaos Claw which collided with the shield Iyoku still had around him. Unfortunately for him, all that he succeeded in doing was getting a horrible electric shock that caused him to stumble backwards as he was temporarily paralyzed. His anger building, red energy began to gather around him in the notable signs of a Chaos Blast.

Out of nowhere, a bundle of sky blue fur smashed into his side, sending him toppling over. Skye was hunched over slightly, giving ragged breaths as a small amount of blood dripped from his mouth and chest. As the rain had subsided, it allowed the sun to shine through, and it temporarily rendered the small pools of red liquid a brilliant white which was unique to the hedgehog’s odd genetics.

Inwardly, Iyoku was surprised that Skye could still fight – he was clearly still unconscious due to the fact his eyes were blank, but it wasn’t even half a second until the grey hedgehog focused back on the fight, charging and firing an Aura Sphere at Shadow, causing the move to crackle with the same powerful energy that his sword slash and Aura shield did. However, he also restored the barrier around Skye to keep him from taking more damage than he had to.

While this was going on, Yaiba had quickly darted over to where Leo had fallen, using a Water Pulse to clear his arm of the damaging corrosive fluid. The black Absol briefly wondered why Reiki wasn’t attacking and thought he was planning something or charging an attack. However, to his understandable surprise, the white Lucario was merely watching the battle, observing what Shadow’s new form was capable of.

Shadow cringed as the attack made contact, all three eyes narrowed in fury as his hands became cloaked in the familiar energy. Not caring much, he lunged at Skye first, the hedgehog moving slowly yet somehow able to dodge each attack before ramming his fist into Shadow’s stomach, driving him backward. Deciding that perhaps Skye wasn’t worth it at the moment, he turned his attention on Iyoku, slashing consecutively against the shield and receiving multiple painful shocks in the process. That being said, he was oblivious to the pain, hell-bent on tearing the young hedgehog apart.

However, Iyoku moved faster than the black hedgehog could see, and as Aura energy was channeled to his right foot, forming a wickedly sharp blade in the process, he launched a kick at his opponent’s forehead. The attack slid neatly across Shadow’s third eye, which clamped shut but arguably did little to suppress the damage. The shriek that erupted from the black hedgehog snapped Skye to his senses, before Shadow was blasted several feet back by a point blank Aura Sphere and fell, lying on his stomach but giving no signs of being able to fight anymore despite remaining in his darker form.

When Iyoku drew his sword and approached Shadow to finish him off, however, that was where Skye drew the line. Approaching the hedgehog from behind, he grabbed Iyoku beneath the arms, rendering him harmless in the use of the majority of his attacks. “Enough, Iyoku! The battle is won. Killing him will not solve anything; you must remember that Robotnik tampered with his mind, and it was further polluted by the dark energy. Cease and desist! He is not a threat anymore.”

Iyoku glanced back at him and responded, although it was still worthy to note that his eyes held no trace of emotion at all. “He’s a threat as long as he keeps me from accomplishing what I have to do, Skye,” he stated coldly, his mind being driven only by logic. “Or would you rather see this world go to hell like mine did?”

“He cannot harm us anymore, Iyoku. You see the injuries you dealt – he will require healing, and by the time he is recovered you will be back in your dimension.” Skye replied calmly, although he understood the hedgehog’s view. “Please, Iyoku, stand down! This fight is over! Shadow may be making many mistakes, but we are all prone to them. He does not deserve to die because of them!”

“Making a mistake will eventually cause him to be killed; even if it’s not by my hand.”

“Promise me this; if I let go, will you not attack him?” Skye responded, still sensing the tenseness in the younger hedgehog’s body. He wasn’t quite convinced either, as Iyoku had sounded a bit too eager to finish him off to give it up easily. “Because if you attempt to attack him again...I will be forced to take offensive action. I would prefer not to, Iyoku.”

“I won’t attack him.” The younger hedgehog stated, though you could tell by the tone of his voice that he wasn’t entirely happy about it. Though, it was understandable. “...And you may want to help Leo out; his stomach was slashed.”

Skye mentally swore upon that news. “Good.” He let Iyoku down, quickly making his way over to the injured lion, as the hedgehog returned the two Pokemon. However, it was at that precise moment when Reiki suddenly jumped into action, and having formed a Bone Rush in his hands, leapt and slammed it onto the grey hedgehog’s head, knocking him out. Skye turned and barely avoided getting his spine ripped out, although he was launched into the trees beside Knuckles.

Shadow awoke quickly, making his way over to both of the younger heroes, grabbing them by the arms as Skye scrambled to get to his feet. “You’re too gullible. Sympathy won’t get you anywhere, not in a world like this. Thanks to Reiki, I know this kid is a threat.” He gestured at Iyoku with his head. “Don’t worry, I won’t kill them. Not yet, anyway.”

Skye lunged forward even as Shadow and his captives winked out from Chaos Control, a scream ripping forth from his throat. “Traitorous swine! You have no sense of honour! I saved you from DEATH!” His arms met only the ground as he crouched, the taunting voice of his enemy giving one last parting shot.

“Come and get them, Skye Silvart. Their lives are in your hands!”

Last edited by Michelle8936; 05-16-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:06 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Short Story Part Nine Up!

*glaring*

Um, should they hide? =^-^'=

No. *still glaring*

O-kaaay...... *looks back and forth* Are you sure they shouldn't hide?

*continues to glare* They don't need to hide. I can control myself. .....Besides, they'd just run.

*shakes head* I just don't get why Iyoku would return his Pokemon when Reiki was still there.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:01 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
He shrieked once more as his forehead split open, revealing a third, horizontally set eye with the iris matching the same color as his original set, an ominous crimson that held sheer hatred within them.
Hey Shell? Can you change "crimson" to "amber"? I made a typo. I didn't want to be redundant, so I wanted his dark form to have amber eyes instead of red XD

I'll be honest, designing Shadow's darker form was a lot of fun. Like, a LOT. I got to try out a bunch of things. Obviously, I wanted to make him more feral looking...But still similar to his previous form. The third eye is a reference to Black Doom ;)

Tee hee, Skye is pissed. Him and anger don't get along well... *Strangled by Shadow and Skye*

Future: 0o'
Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Iyoku’s turquoise eyes slowly blinked open as he came to, though he somewhat wished he hadn’t. His head felt horrid; almost like someone had slammed a steel bar into it. However, there was one thing he noticed even through the pain – his Aura abilities were somehow sealed, rendering him powerless. He couldn’t feel anything abnormal on his body that would be the cause, so he then stood up carefully to try and look around; ignoring the pounding headache the same way he ignored the constant pain from the scar over his eye.
He seemed to be in a roughly square-shaped cell of some sort, with a greenish, flickering energy field over the entrance that served as a barrier to keep anyone from escaping. The rest of the prison was made of some kind of metal. He noted Leo was lying on the ground a few feet away and was still passed out – Iyoku had a feeling he would remain that way for a while due to how much blood he’d lost. As his memory came back to him, his eyes remained emotionless, but he seethed with anger inside when he realized what had happened.

While he was somewhat surprised that his sword and pack hadn’t been taken from him, he didn’t bother testing the weapon out on the force field that blocked their way out. While he couldn’t use Aura anymore, he could still sense it, and he knew that Reiki had put some of his energy into creating the barrier. It would deliver a nasty shock if he tried to touch it – with or without a weapon – and the same obstacle was also what kept his Aura abilities sealed. As long as he was in this cell, he was, more or less, powerless to do anything. He took the two Poke Balls out of his bag and tried tapping the button on one of them only to see that it had no effect. Odds are there’s also an electric current in here that’s preventing the Poke Ball system from working. He wasn’t too surprised by this discovery; though what did surprise him as he put the two spheres back was that none of the emeralds had been removed from his pack either.

Shadow was nearby, and turned his head to glance upon noticing Iyoku was moving around. He had returned to his regular form, although the wound upon his head remained. “I see you are finally up. I was beginning to worry that Reiki may have finished you off.” Of course, there was a large amount of sarcasm dripping in his voice when it came to the worry part. “You’ve been out for a day, in case you were wondering. I wouldn’t worry though; I’m sure Skye will be here in due time to rescue you. Or, at the very least, die trying.” He grinned a bit. “He was shaking with anger when I left. It was a sweet sight to see.”

The grey hedgehog gave an annoyed growl. “Skye won’t fail because he has some idea at least of what’s at stake. Reiki’s likely trying to trick you, you know. If I can’t get back to my dimension before it collapses and fix the time freezes, the exact same thing will begin happening here; including the dimensional collapse. Even if Robotnik does manage to win the war, his ‘kingdom’ will be completely destroyed.”

“Heh, he’s failed before, and every time it’s cost someone their pitiful life.” Shadow retorted. “And frankly, I don’t believe you. Dimensions simply don’t ‘collapse’.” He turned his head to a panel that had started flashing, and he hit the intercom. “What is it this time?”

A mechanical voice responded. “Sir, two intruders have breached the perimeters. Sector F is engaging.” It stated with a cold echo. “Identities have not yet been confirmed. An update will be issued once the identities have been established.”

“Good.” He clicked the button off, glancing at the cell. “Seems they decided to come. Not using stealth, though. The fools.” He moved further away, standing guard in the doorway that lead out of the prison block.

Surprisingly, Leo stirred beside Iyoku, although he didn’t bother getting up. “This is bad...” He spoke weakly, exhausted. “Master Skye...I don’t want him getting hurt. If he does...It’ll be my fault.”

Iyoku shook his head. “Idiot. By the time you realize I’m right about it, there won’t be any way to reverse it.” He glanced back at Leo but couldn’t really say anything to help with his worry; he was, after all, used to seeing death on a daily basis.

“What...?” Leo glanced around, as if finally realizing what had happened. “I...We’re in a cell. What happened?” He closed his eyes, trying to focus his sluggish mind. “I can’t remember what happened after Shadow bit my arm...” As if realizing something, he glanced at the wound, immediately regretting it as the muscle was exposed on a decent area, and the pain swarmed his head. “Ergh...”

“Reiki told Shadow and Robotnik that I was apparently a threat, so Shadow took both of us here. I only barely saw Reiki knock me out; Shadow must’ve done the same to you if you weren’t already unconscious.” He sighed as he looked at the injury. “If I my abilities weren’t sealed, I might be able to heal that, although even then it could be beyond my expertise.”

“Shadow...” Leo’s eyes glowed slightly as his anger flared up. Unlike Skye, he was naturally more impatient and hot-tempered, although many considered him obedient to a fault. He’d been known to grow angry at his mentor on occasion, but the latter’s cool attitude and charisma had been enough to calm him down to see reason. “I hate him! I wish I was strong enough to kill him!” He snapped, although he sank down a bit. “But...Master Skye has always let him go. He’s always saying that ‘life is precious; it cannot be taken without regard to consequences. Anger does not justify the slaughter of another, no matter how much one may be seething inside. For when we take lives senselessly, when life loses all meaning, that would make us the true monsters.’ But...” Leo sighed. “I don’t know how he can deal with someone like that.”

Iyoku only shrugged slightly. “In my time period, there are thousands of creatures akin to demons running around; if you don’t kill them, they’ll kill you in an instant and without hesitation. I’ve lost count of how many that sword of mine has stabbed.” He paused for a moment “Even though I’ve had time to think about it, I still don’t get why Skye stopped me from killing Shadow despite what you told me about him. If something or someone is a threat to my mission, it has to be stopped. Whether they give up or have to be killed is up to them.”

Leo glanced up. “Master Skye...I don’t know, but I think it has to do with something in his childhood that put him against killing. He hates violence, and especially hates the sight of blood. I heard he has hemophobia, although it’s only with other people’s blood. But...” He shook his head. “I don’t know. Maybe the people who taught Master Skye also taught him about life? All I know is that he refuses to hurt even his enemies to the point of death, regardless if they are trying to kill him. He has another mental disorder too.”

Iyoku shook his head. “If he’s that against killing, I don’t think he would last for very long if he ever ended up where I came from. Not just due to the demon-creatures either; there’s even less food and water than there is here.”

“Master Skye barely eats as it is now. And I don’t know about that – Master Skye is very good at getting out of sticky situations.” Leo chimed, nodding. “And I don’t think Master Skye would ever attack us during an episode – I’ve never seen him having one, but I don’t think people are telling the truth. They make it sound really bad.”

The grey hedgehog raised an eyebrow. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s to always expect the worst of a situation; if something can get worse, it usually does.”

“You’re no fun. My grandpa says that hope is one of the strongest traits a person can have.”

Iyoku shrugged. “Just speaking from experience. In my dimension, over ninety-nine percent of the planet’s population has been wiped out. There’s not even enough people to have a war, and Robotnik rules the only city left. Even he knows he can’t waste resources by now.”

Leo sagged a little bit. “I hope things don’t end up that bad here. Super keeps saying that the planet can’t take much more abuse before the other Gods start going berserk from their elements spinning out of control.” He glanced at the bend where Shadow was waiting. “The only reason Super isn’t completely crazy is because he isn’t as connected to light as much as he used to be. That being said, I think he’s insane.”

The grey hedgehog snorted. “It’s rather ironic, isn’t it? He’s been banished for whatever reason, or ‘fallen’ as Skye said, yet because of that he’ll likely be the last of them to go berserk if it happens.” He shook his head. “Some of the Gods in my world are already doing so, although their state of mind is known as ‘Rogue’. The sea and land deities are feeling it the worst right now. I have my suspicions that that’s why the ocean is non-existent.”

“I guess it is, isn’t it?” Leo nodded. “Actually, he said his element, light, is already out of control.” He cocked his head. “No ocean? I’m not that fond of water, but even that is too much. No ocean! How horrible.”

“It is, considering the only place left to get water is an underground lake. To you and the other Freedom Fighters, it might seem pretty big, but that’s the only source of water for over five million people. The forest isn’t faring well either, though we’re quite lucky that the plants have adapted to draw energy from living things rather than the sun.”

”Sounds kinda painful.”

“It isn’t, really,” Iyoku replied, “Unless it’s something we’ve just gotten used to without knowing it. There is one place where Robotnik can’t seem to get to though; it’s an underground city that’s just called The Under. It’s over six-hundred feet under the city that he rules over, and I think the main reason he hasn’t been able to get to it is because of one of the remaining ‘Goddesses’. She’s known as the protector of the forest, ironically enough, so that could also explain why we aren’t all dead yet.”

Leo cocked his head curiously, which was rather humorous given the fact he was a member of the feline species. “Really? I wish we could hide as well...Our bases get discovered sooner or later. We had one underneath Mt. Blaze, but they found out...And on top of that, the Huwings sacred mountain ended up blowing itself up. There’s barely anything left. Not to mention...” He cringed a little. “Do you have any family, Iyoku?”

Iyoku kept his eyes on the ceiling of the cell as he had through most of the conversation. “No biological family, no. I did have a brother but he was killed about seven years ago. I suppose the only family I have would be Yaiba, Shourai and Nazo; the one who sent Reiki and I here by accident.”

“Some friend! Why would he do something so risky?”

The grey hedgehog threw a glare at the Lion yet managed to keep his temper in check. “We were fighting Reiki; he obviously didn’t show it in that fight at the shrine, but he’s a very hard opponent to beat. I have my doubts that Skye would even be able to do so.”

Leo snorted. “Master Skye can beat anyone if he tries. He’s the strongest person I know, and he doesn’t give up!” He seemed insulted that Iyoku dared to say Skye couldn’t beat an opponent.

He shrugged as his neutrality returned. “Maybe. But Reiki is a member of a race from my dimension that was meant to guard the Gods and Goddesses and help keep them from falling into the wrong hands. They’re very hard to beat, especially considering how long they live and how they’re trained for combat every day of their lives. I’m not saying it’s impossible for anyone to defeat them, but the only ones who seem to have a power level matching theirs are only other members of their race and the deities they protect.”

“I dunno, Master Skye believes that anyone can be defeated with enough strategy...And everyone has a weakness, no matter how strong.”

“True, but we haven’t found what it is yet; that’s why we haven’t been able to kill Reiki. If you want to go for raw power though, I suppose the only ones who could kill him are the remaining other two of the race. Including Reiki himself, there’s only three left, so they’re pretty much extinct.”

Leo was about to respond when a nearby, yet not visible explosion rocked the base and alarms started to scream their protest to the disturbance from their sleep. Shadow gave a growl, switching on the communicator. “You better have a good reason why this base is exploding!”

“Sir! The subject known as Knuckles has caused the explosion by taking out the main reactor. Backup generators are online and functioning at full capacity. Lieutenant Skye Silvart is heading your way. Extreme caution is advised.”

“Don’t caution me, machine! Might I remind you who you are talking to?” Shadow snapped, shutting off the transmitter. He took position at the entrance once more, although there was certain edginess to his demeanour that showed he was not going to take the hedgehog lightly. And on top of that, there was tension in the air that immense danger was approaching, and not just to the Ultimate Life Form.

Iyoku could sense it easily even without his abilities to aid him in doing so, and his eyes narrowed. However, he had his doubts that he had to tell Leo; because he had a feeling the lion could sense the tension in the air as well. For all he knew, it could be thick enough to slice with his sword.

As if in response, the wall nearest Shadow caved in as vines, covered in thorns, thrashed at Shadow, who retaliated by leaping backwards, flaring into his darker form as anger triggered the transformation. He cut down each vine in turn, narrowing his eyes – the third shut from the wound Iyoku had inflicted the day before – as the undeniably lithe figure of Skye, eyes glowing in the slight light, narrowed to pinpricks while a broad grin was plastered on his face.

“My my, look who we have here! If it is not Shadow, betrayer and vile creature. How are you this fine evening?” Skye’s voice had a snide tone to it, slithering and unnerving. One might even call it downright cynical. Shadow only issued a low growl in response to which Skye simply held his spear loosely over his shoulder, lifting an arm up as if exasperated. “Come now, I try to be friendly, and all you give me is a feral snarl?” His grin broadened. “You want to see feral, Shadow? Hee hee, time to find out what it truly is like!” He launched himself forward, lashing out at Shadow who dodged and dragged a claw on his side, drawing fresh blood.

Skye seemed not to notice, only breaking out into maniacal laughter. “Blood is blood regardless who spills it! I think my blood might be a little lonely though...How about letting some of yours join it?” Whirling around, he launched his spear like a javelin, cutting into Shadow’s leg in the process. Before the black hedgehog could respond, Skye had already launched himself again and delivered a vicious uppercut which sent him reeling.

“Why...You...!” Snarling, Shadow unleashed a barrage of Chaos Spears to which his opponent danced around with ease, taunting him that anger would only impair judgement. Furious, Shadow charged forward with the clear intent to skewer Skye with his Chaos Sword, although it failed horrifically when the latter used his arm, which the attack cut deeply into, to block before swinging his weapon fully around, cutting into the black hedgehog’s jugular from which dark liquid began to flow.

Skye’s eyes were alight with glee as Shadow phased out of his powered form, having been no match against the inhibition lacking, completely insane hedgehog. “How the mighty have fallen, hmm?” Skye taunted, leaning forward. Opening his mouth, he took a few generous, drawn out gulps of the blood that was spilling out freely from his throat. His face was coated with it, and he licked his chops in ecstasy. “Thank you for the generous donation...” He turned his head as a few robots approached. Upon seeing Shadow’s eyes glazing over, they immediately turned around and fled. Grinning, the hedgehog started to follow, even whistling a little tune in the process.

Leo’s eyes, which had remained locked onto the battle while filled with fear and shock, wandered down to Shadow, who was helplessly trying to drag himself away from the direction Skye had gone; consequently it was towards the two prisoners. His blood flowed thickly, eerily similar to a river as his body began to quickly fail him; he tried to get to his feet by using a console to pull himself up, but his legs failed him and he collapsed. Fortunately for Iyoku and Leo, some of his blood spilled onto a crack within the steel, wetting the cables within and making the cell malfunction.

The young lion, however, remained rooted to the spot, unable to speak and barely able to breathe after what he had just witnessed.

While Leo was too stunned to move, Iyoku quickly made his way over to the black hedgehog, knowing that if Skye had been in his right mind that he’d still want him to heal Shadow. And he could now, seeing as the barrier was down. He placed his palms above the injury as they took on a dull crimson glow, and the cut-induced injury swiftly began to heal. Although, even as he kept the other hedgehog from bleeding to death, he kept his newly-returned Aura senses on the alert to ensure that, if Skye did come back, he would be ready.

Shadow spluttered slightly at this act of kindness, yet weakness – and perhaps gratefulness – prevented him from stopping Iyoku. “W...Why...?” He choked out, spitting out a small amount of blood in the process.

The grey hedgehog only shrugged slightly. “If I didn’t help you, Skye would probably give me hell for it when he returns to his right mind.”

Thoughtful for a moment, Shadow gave a rattling sigh. “Go and find Skye. Stop him before he does something he’ll regret for the rest of his life.” He glanced at Leo. “And you might need to drag the lion with you...He seems rather,” he searched for the right word, “surprised.”

Iyoku nodded, and as he turned towards Leo, he grabbed the arm that hadn’t been injured. “Leo, we need to get going; you heard what he said.” However, even as he spoke, he also sent a small jolt of Aura through the lion to try and snap him out of it at least a little, though it would feel more like a static shock than anything else.

While Shadow used Chaos Control to seek further medical attention, Leo gave a small yelp, glancing at Iyoku. “That...That couldn’t be Master Skye...He’s afraid of blood! He’d never drink it; never try to kill someone while smiling about it!” Numbly, he allowed Iyoku to guide him, mind completely in disarray after having seen Skye having his worst episode yet.

“Well now you see what I mean by expecting the worst out of any situation,” Iyoku said as they began running down the hall while Iyoku used his Aura Sight to follow the trail the sky blue hedgehog had left behind him when he’d chased after the robots. However, as he did so, he also reached into his bag, taking out Yaiba’s Poke Ball. After tapping the button to enlarge it, he released the Absol, allowing him to run alongside them, knowing that Leo could use some protection due to his injury.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 05-21-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:04 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Short Story Part Ten Up!

*cries* UWAAAAAAHHH!! *hugging Skye really tightly* What did she DO to yooooouu!? DX

Um, Kris? *cries* Uhh... *watching Skye* Oh boy, don't snap him in half. =o.O=

Edit: Can't believe I'm saying I think it's better that you changed that one spot. Also can't believe that Iyoku saying heck was the thing that surprised me the most from that part. *facepalms*

Last edited by k_pop; 05-21-2011 at 01:57 AM.