Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:11 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Twenty-Three Up!

*grabs Nazo in a hug* That was an awesome battle! And you stopped fighting, too! ^^

*shrugs* She's easily excitable. And that was a really good Dark Pulse.

*shoves Iyoku lightly* And look at you, stepping up to the super-powered hedgehog. B)

I would have loved to see that lake, and the stars! I'm always staring up at night. ^^
It was interesting to hear about what actually happened to Reiki after Experiment. I don't think you actually said what happened to him at the end there.
Anyway, great job guys! ^^
Old 01-03-2010, 05:22 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Gracias, Kris XD

*Hugged* Restraint was never one of my virtues ^^
Old 01-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936

Chapter Twenty-Four

Nazo looked over at Iyoku. “Hey, Iyoku, before we get there…I have been meaning to ask; you know everything there is to know about me - or most, anyways - but I hardly know anything about you. What...I guess I want to know what happened to your family. How your past has gone.” The hedgehog admitted. He knew he was touching on a sensitive subject, but curiosity had gotten the best of him.

Iyoku blinked back to the present as Nazo asked his question. “Well...” he replied, trying to think of a way to explain it, “Like you, I never knew my parents, although that’s not an uncommon thing in that time period. I did have a brother, but…We were attacked by a group of Shadow Pokemon.” With a sigh, he pointed to the two long scars over his left eye and the torn ear that was on that same side, “…That’s how that happened, but Shikon was worse off. He was killed in that attack. “I was only about three when it happened, so it was at that point I started practicing with my sword and Aura abilities.” His eyes narrowed, “Since then, not a Shadow that’s attacked has walked away alive.” Soon though, the dark glint faded from his eyes, “Around five years after that, I found Shourai’s egg, and I kept it in that Poke Ball I gave you earlier until he hatched. Later on that year I also met Koutei, Kiyo and Yaiba, and that’s when I heard about Celebi.” He paused for a few minutes, letting the older hedgehog think things through. “I was looking for what I guess would be several months through the forest before I finally did find her; then she sent me back in time.” He told the story in a slightly detached manner except for the part when he mentioned his brother’s death, where he seemed to have not quite gotten over it, and the coldness in his voice was not unlike that of when he’d first met Nazo in Mesprit’s cavern.

Nazo looked surprised, but in a surprising act of kindness put his arm around the younger hedgehog’s shoulders, drawing him in a little closer. It wasn’t a hug, but it came a bit close - it also allowed them to talk without Lilac hearing. “Iyoku…I am sorry. I did not realize what happened, and if I had known I would not have asked about it.” The hedgehog was genuinely sorry, and his voice was soft. “We have had different pasts, but they are also similar as well. Neither can replace what the other lost.” He looked ahead. “But perhaps we can be…Family.”

The grey hedgehog was a little surprised by Nazo’s reaction, but Iyoku shrugged slightly, “It’s alright,” he said. “It would’ve had to be told sooner or later.” Upon Nazo’s proposition, he said “I suppose that could work, but…There is one issue.” A grin came onto his face. “You just killed your tough-guy rep, you know that right?” he asked, snickering.

The hedgehog groaned, whacking Iyoku lightly on the head with his free arm. “You really know how to ruin a moment, don’t you?” He growled half-heartedly, mildly amused. “Everyone is different, Iyoku. After all, you are young yet you act like a grumpy old man!”

Iyoku hid a grin, but he still kept snickering, “Maybe, but you’re an obnoxious pip-squeak,” he said, finally laughing. He found this one to be particularly funny, considering Nazo was a foot and a half taller than Iyoku himself was.

“Pip-squeak, huh? Might I remind you that I won the battle against Azelf?” The older hedgehog took the younger one in a headlock, proceeding to give him a nuggie. “And besides, shorty, you would have frozen to death in the plains if it was not for me!”

“Yeah, right,” Iyoku said, still trying to keep from snickering at his earlier comment due to being in a headlock from Nazo. However, he did have to admit that might’ve been true. When they were up on the plateau, he had looked down the side of the mountains they’d come from – where the plains were, and the blizzard had commenced again.

Noticing they were nearing the cavern, Nazo released his grip on Iyoku, not bothering to hide the smile that had appeared. “Perhaps we should hurry - Azelf may be getting impatient. Quite frankly, I would rather not get on his bad side!” Lilac gave a snort of laughter, having been listening to the conversation. At least, once the two started throwing insults at each other.

The grey hedgehog shrugged, “He’s lived for countless years, he can wait a few more seconds,” he said, a hint of laughter in his voice. Soon enough though, they entered the cavern, and Azelf was hovering above the emerald, waiting for them as Nazo had thought.

Nazo gave a slight wave. “Sorry, Azelf. We got a little…Erm…Distracted as we came down the tunnel.” He said, hiding the amusement in his voice relatively well. Lilac snorted, not quite agreeing with him, but not saying anything on the matter. As it was, the hedgehog wasn’t quite sure to proceed or not - so far, Iyoku had always taken the emeralds.

The legendary seemed to raise an eyebrow. <Last I checked, there weren’t any crystals there,> he said with a slight snicker, leading Iyoku to have to muffle his own. Then, he continued. <Well, if you want it, come and get it,> the Psychic Type finished as he moved the stone’s side. In doing so, a light blue glow surrounded the gem before ceasing, seeming to break it from its frozen levitation.

Iyoku quickly recalled that Mesprit’s had been stationary much the same way, and he wondered if the emeralds were kept in place by a force that could only be unlocked by their guardians.

Nazo hid a grin, approaching the emerald with an easy gait. Holding out his hand, the emerald floated towards it, allowing him to grip it. As he did so, his Aura glowed slightly brighter in response to a flash from the emerald, and he turned to look at Iyoku, nodding. Only four left.

Upon the sky blue hedgehog taking the cyan emerald, Azelf spoke for the last time. <The next one will be in the furthest reaches of the Sevii Islands.> he then Teleported out of sight, causing Iyoku to wonder where he was to go now that the emerald wouldn’t be here anymore. With that thought, he walked out of the cavern, down the tunnel they had come up to gain entry.

Nazo followed the hedgehog, the emerald hovering shortly behind him. It was one of the more positive quirks of being linked to the powerful gem, and it provided some mild amusement for the Houndour to watch. Nazo could easily do it with the other two emeralds as well, but he wasn’t so sure Iyoku would be happy if he summoned them out his pack.

A frown crossed Iyoku’s face as he drew the map out of his bag. The landmass they were on now had been known as Sinnoh before the world’s fusion had taken place, and apparently still retained the name. As it was, they were on the very northern tip, and a group of islands scattered between Sinnoh and a larger landmass that was known as Tohjo seemed to be their next destination. Looks like my hunch was right, he thought. We’ll be doing a little island hopping next.

Nazo raised an eyebrow. “What is it, Iyoku? Is there a problem?” He asked curiously, coming to hover beside Iyoku. Lilac, in the meantime, rolled her eyes at the super powered hedgehog.

<Geez, abuse of powers much?> She scoffed.

“Hate to break it to you Lilac, but I am faster in the air than on the ground.” Nazo countered, glancing back at the Houndour.

Iyoku snickered at the exchange between the two, but then said, “It looks like we’ll have to do some island hopping.” As it was, his eyes were tracing out a path for them to follow along the islands. They were fairly spread out, and he had a feeling it would take a day to reach each one, even if the conditions were favorable.

Lilac shuddered. <Ugh. Water. I hate water! Why couldn’t it be volcano hopping?> Nazo only chuckled at the Houndour’s reaction.

“It seems your Water Type will be getting some exercise, Iyoku. I will most likely fly, since it takes little of my energy. We should get ready, however. I can go for a while without food or water due to being immortal, but I do not think it is the same for you.” Nazo pointed out.

Iyoku snorted at Nazo’s statement. “I can go a while without food or water – not likely as long as you, but still.” He was right though, at one point in the future, he and his Pokemon had gone almost an entire week without eating. They’d had water though, so they had survived that ordeal. All the same however, he knew Nazo was right, and began to think up which kinds of berries would be able to keep long enough on the trip.

Nazo blinked. “Sorry, I just want to make sure no one gets sick.” Lilac made a smart comment, earning her a Chaos Emerald to the head (turns out Nazo has good aim with floating gems), while the hedgehog merely laughed at the canine’s annoyed expression. He was in a good mood, perhaps because of how well things were going. At this rate, not even Reiki could stop them from saving the world.

The grey hedgehog snickered at both Nazo’s statement and Lilac’s comment, but continued to focus on the subject at hand. The tunnel on the way back seemed noticeably shorter, but since he knew that was impossible, he kept thinking of what types of food to bring. If they go out and hunt a few more Rattata when we get back, we’ll have a bit more meat for the trip, and I can gather some extra berries on the way there.

Nazo noticed Iyoku lost in dreamland, and floated up beside him, arms crossed. “You know,” he started, knowing exactly what Iyoku was thinking about, “I can always use my abilities to come back and gather food. Normally my abilities only allow me to travel to places I have seen, and in an ocean, that is hard to pinpoint. But with an Emerald, I can use Chaos Control, allowing me to locate you in the vastness of the sea.”

The grey hedgehog thought Nazo’s suggestion over for a few seconds. “Alright, I guess that’ll work,” he said. “But we’re still pretty likely to need some meat, and the only way to prevent that from spoiling is to dry it over the fire, so we’ll still have to camp and do a bit of hunting.” Not to mention we need some sleep before we go, he thought, suddenly feeling very tired. How long has it been since I even slept? Probably a week or so. We’ve been so busy what with rabies and everything else that’s been going on.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Nazo nodded. “Agreed. I could use a good night’s rest.” While he spoke, he had removed his pack, placing the emerald inside. It was safer to store the emeralds in two separate packs, since if one was lost or stolen, they would still possess at least one emerald with which to locate the others.

Continuing, Iyoku remembered the end of the tunnel didn’t have a trail leading down from the exit, and soon enough, he reached it, confirming this. However, as he glanced out at the walls which the tunnel had been bored into, he noticed a strange stone that seemed to be jutting out. It was a crystal, and he noticed it wasn’t unlike the ones that were on the plateau above them.

Nazo blinked. “Odd. I did not notice that before.” The hedgehog padded closer for a more detailed look, but when he merely touched the gem, the ground gave a rumble. Crystals erupted from the sides of the tunnel leading downwards, effectively creating a sparkling staircase.

<How’d you do that Nazo?!> Lilac exclaimed with a bit of shock and surprise.

Nazo only looked at her. “That was not me. I only touched the crystal right here, and then…” He shrugged. This place was mysterious and confusing.

Iyoku frowned, but then remembered something. “When Azelf said that the barrier between worlds was thin here…I think he meant that the spirits weren’t the only things that are foreign to this dimension.” It was definitely an interesting thing to think about, and Iyoku did so half-heartedly as he continued down the crystal staircase. He noticed that, when Lilac and Nazo were off of it as well, that the crystals seemed to flicker before fading completely out of the area.

Nazo nodded slowly. “Perhaps…Although, a barrier does not need to be weak for unusual things to occur.” The hedgehog added on. He flicked Lilac on the side, snapping the Houndour from her trance. She would have been left behind, so preoccupied with the fading crystals that disappeared behind them.

At Nazo’s remark, Iyoku started snickering. “Heheh, yeah, unusual. Like a certain hedgehog with a white Aura,” he said, laughing. He knew he’d likely just earned a whack upside the head, but didn’t really care at that point.

Nazo snorted. “Oh? What about a bratty little hedgehog from the future? Is that not a bit unusual?” The hedgehog countered, grinning slightly. Lilac was too busy snickering from both comments to put anything of her own on the plate, which may have saved her from getting whacked again.

Iyoku snickered. “Nope, not in the least.” He noticed that the waterfall cavern was finally coming into view now, and he was grateful that they’d had the sense to eat before going to get Azelf’s emerald. Regardless, he had to get Yaiba – or Lilac, if she wanted to – to start up the fire again with a Flamethrower, seeing as it had gone out.

Nazo groaned slightly at the younger hedgehog’s response, before turning his attention to where they were heading. His cheery mood was wearing off as tiredness set in, and his back - from where it had been singed by a powerful attack - was beginning to ache. He would be fine in the morning since it was a minor wound, but for now it was just enough to annoy him.

After he made his way back into the room they had been staying in before, Iyoku noticed that the walls of ice had seemed to be frozen over yet again, and he could only think that the reason for Naomi doing so was to prevent the cavern from collapsing in on them while they slept. However, the ice had also completely covered the firewood he had been using earlier, and the grey hedgehog gave a sigh, but left his bag in the cavern before going out to the woods again to find more. After all, even if he thawed out the wood, it would still be wet and useless for starting a fire.

Nazo could have cared less about a fire, judging by the fact he promptly laid down against the wall. The ice felt pleasant on his back, and soon the hedgehog was sound asleep, the fight having taken more out of him than previously thought. Lilac, in the meantime, took to guarding the cavern, knowing full well that being caught off guard could be the worst thing for them to experience.

Snapping potential firewood off a dead tree he had been lucky enough to find, Iyoku suddenly stopped as he sensed something. Turning around, he cautiously used his Aura Sight to scan through the forest around him. A frown came onto his face as the ominous feeling intensified, but he kept his calm despite the inward uneasiness that warned him something wasn’t right.

Then suddenly, the feeling became tenfold and he was almost struggling to keep his unease under control. At least, until he saw what emerged from the undergrowth. When he saw what it was, his eyes instinctively became emotionless as did his stance, remaining calm and collected. For what had come out of the forest was a large, gray dinosaur-like Pokémon. It normally had a long tail with skinny, black stripes; a cream-colored stomach and a ridged back. However, the Rhydon was several shades darker in colour than normal, and there was a sinister gleam in its red eyes.

Iyoku’s own turquoise ones narrowed as he realized the state the Ground-Rock Type was in. It’s become a Shadow Pokemon.

Lilac’s ear pricked. Huh? What is that? It’s a really…Really odd feeling. I don’t like it. It doesn’t feel right. It’s not Reiki, not dark enough to be him. But…It’s evil, that’s for sure. She looked back at Nazo. Should I wake him up and tell him? Iyoku could be in danger…

With a deafening roar, the Rhydon lifted one of its colossal legs, slamming the foot down to cause a massive Earthquake. In response, Iyoku jumped backwards, avoiding a falling tree just in time before he jumped onto another tree’s branches. Using the bounce from it, Iyoku launched himself into the air and nailed the Pokemon on its horn as he channeled a large amount of Aura to his shoes. With an enraged growl, the Rhydon stumbled backwards, shaking its head to clear it. However, it was clear some damage had been done, for upon closer inspection, the horn on its forehead had been damaged, and a rather large piece had been chipped off. But this seemed to be barely a consolation, for Iyoku knew he wouldn’t be able to keep this up for long. He hadn’t been able to recuperate much of the Aura that he’d used in the fights against Reiki, and was beginning to run low.

Lilac yelped as the earth shook, and her job was done for her; the violent shaking woke up the sleeping hedgehog, who wasn’t too happy about it. “What is going on?” He growled in annoyance, before his eyes narrowed as he registered the same thing Lilac had. “Stay here, Lilac.” The Houndour didn’t complain as Nazo took off, but she could only wonder if he would find Iyoku in time to warn him.

As he channeled even more Aura to his shoes, Iyoku ended up doing several acrobatic moves in his attempts to dodge the large boulders that the Shadow Rhydon continued to throw at him using a move called Rock Blast. He had barely dodged one already, but that had left a long, bleeding injury on his left arm. It hurt horribly; however, Iyoku knew it was nothing compared to what would happen if he was hit full on by the attack. He would be killed; he had no doubts about that. Again, the Rhydon gave a frustrated roar as it caused another Earthquake, causing the grey hedgehog to end up stumbling and falling on the injury. However, he clenched his jaw and barely even let a hiss escape, for the Pokemon ran towards him with surprising speed, and as Iyoku hastily got to his feet and leapt out of the way, the Ground-Rock Type lashed out with a Brick Break where he had been standing. When it withdrew its fist, a large crater was revealed to have been made. It continued trying to attack Iyoku with the move, but he repeatedly dodged, infuriating it even further. However, the injury was slowing him down as well as draining his energy, and he knew he couldn’t keep it up for much longer.

It was at that moment Nazo found them, and with a shriek of anger, he launched himself at the Pokemon, bowling it over from the force. Leaping back, he glanced over at Iyoku. “Get back!” No sooner had he said that than the hedgehog was hit full on by the same technique - Rock Blast - that Iyoku had been dodging, the attack splintering and sending dozens of sharp shards into his stomach. His Aura flickered in response, but it seemed to have grown darker than it naturally was, having turned from white to a lighter grey. Nazo didn’t seem to really notice the difference as he lunged, slamming his fist repeatedly into the Pokemon’s stomach until the rocky surface fractured, causing it to back away in agony. The hedgehog ignored the blood seeping through his gloves from his injured hands, and only seemed to be grinning slightly at the Rhydon’s pain.

Iyoku did as the older hedgehog said, backing away, and therefore avoiding a large portion of the splintered Rock Blast. However, he was a little worried – not that Nazo would injure himself – but of how he was acting. It was similar to the way he had been behaving when he’d defended Iyoku and Lilac from Reiki, preventing the Focus Blast from hitting. However, Iyoku knew that even Nazo wouldn’t be able to beat the Shadow, for it would continue assembling itself even after Nazo shattered it to pieces. That was what they could do. The younger hedgehog’s eyes narrowed as he saw the Rhydon back away when Nazo finally cracked its abdomen, and knew the time had come for him to act. Once again making use of his Aura by channeling it into his shoes, he sped up as he ran towards the Rhydon, and since he finally had an opening to attack thanks to Nazo, a Shadow Claw formed on his right hand, and he leapt, making a clean slash at the chest of the Ground-Rock Type. As he did so, the Pokemon seemed to blur slightly before letting out a monstrously loud roar – one that topped the others with ease – and then it just shattered, the pieces dissolving before they even hit the ground. Iyoku had landed a few seconds ago, panting slightly, but he had a feeling this wasn’t the only Shadow Pokemon they would encounter.

Nazo took a few seconds to register the creature’s defeat, before rubbing his head and moaning slightly. “You all right,” he stalled slightly as he tried to remember the hedgehog’s name, “Iyoku?” His Aura remained hostile, slowly returning to normal, but it seemed to take forever. Nazo looked at his bloody hands, confused. It was like he didn’t even know how he had gotten the injuries in the first place.

“Yeah…I should…Be fine.” The grey hedgehog said between breaths. When he had been in constant action at the speed he had, he had an excuse to be a little out of breath. However, he glanced at his arm, noticing it was still bleeding. As a dim blue light shone from his right palm when he held it over the injury, it closed up, but he felt light-headed from the Aura use. However, this didn’t stop him from requesting that Nazo remove his gloves so Iyoku could heal the injuries his hands had sustained.

Nazo shook his head. “No, Iyoku. Save your strength. My injuries heal quickly, even if I have no idea how I got them in the first place.” He said, scratching the back of his head. “What happened? I remember tackling that creature, but after that everything is, more or less, a blur.” He confessed, confounded by the situation at hand.

“Well,” Iyoku said, “After that, you just kept attacking it, eventually cracking its abdomen. When it backed away, I jumped in and used Shadow Claw and that’s what finished it off.” He said, his explanation coming to an end as he looked at where the Shadow Pokemon had been.

Nazo blinked. “That explains my aching hands.” He flexed them a few times, wincing slightly from pain. “Shadow Claw…Is that the full extent of the power? Or is there more to it that you are not telling me?” He said softly, removing his glove on one hand to get a better look at the wound. He wasn’t too surprised to discover that the areas between the knuckle and first joint on each finger had been worn away to bone. That will take a little bit longer to heal. Still, he wasn’t too concerned. After all, he’d been injured worse!

Iyoku sighed, “Well, Shadow Claw uses Aura energy that’s just solidified enough to cut invisibly through a body and rip out the soul. That’s the only way those Shadow Pokemon can be permanently stopped.” He didn’t like using the move at all, but in most cases, he had no choice in the matter.

Nazo nodded slowly, slipping his glove back on. “Yes, I see. Destroy the soul; you destroy the body…Well, in most cases, anyways.” He added on, remembering the time when his own spirit had been cleaved in half. “Come on, Iyoku. You need rest. You look like you are going to fall asleep where you stand! I will treat my wounds once we get to the cavern, but for now my main concern is your well being.”

The grey hedgehog seemed to raise an eyebrow, but followed after Nazo once he picked up the extra firewood he’d gotten off the tree. He was a little surprised, and wasn’t used to being looked after like so. Although…He did say he thought of me as family. His eyes narrowed slightly, but it wasn’t in irritation. So much for not getting attached; it would’ve been a better idea to collect the emeralds solo, but...

Nazo gave a small wave at Lilac once they were in her view, signaling for her to go back to the main cavern. He still didn’t know how to mentally speak with her, but that wasn’t the concern as of right now. The hedgehog patiently waited for Iyoku to catch up, standing beside the entrance to the tunnels. His eyes and ears were trained on the forest, not just for the younger hedgehog but for any other sign of trouble.

Finally catching up, Iyoku walked inside the cavern, putting the firewood on part of where the icy floor had melted, leaving now-dry ground. He took the flint out of his bag and started chipping them together to start a fire, but was a little unsure of sending out his Pokemon to hunt. However, he knew they needed the extra food, so he had Shourai and Yaiba – and Lilac if she wanted to – go out to do the actual hunting, and Koutei circled above them, keeping a careful pair of eyes on the forest below.

While Lilac followed the others to hunt, Nazo set himself to cleaning his wounds. Removing his gloves, he placed his hands in the cold pool formed by the waterfall, grunting in pain as the frigid water made contact with his injuries. After a minute or so, he took them out, carefully washing his gloves free of blood. Grabbing a few leaves he had chosen, he wrapped his hands in them, before travelling back inside to check on Iyoku.

When Nazo came back in, Iyoku was sitting down, leaned against the wall with the fire a few feet in front of him and slightly to his right. He’d taken the book out of his bag once again, and was looking for more information on the Sevii Islands. Apparently, they were warm and the seas around the area were mild. Well that’s good, he thought. I’ve had enough of the cold for one lifetime.

Him and his books, Nazo thought with mild amusement, I can imagine him getting his face stuck in one! The hedgehog sat down against the wall closest to the exit, folding his arms and dozing off. As it was, he wasn’t completely asleep, having kept himself awake just enough to sense any other presences.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:42 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Twenty-Four Up!

Aw! That's so sweet! *huggles Nazo and Iyoku* So nice to see a moment of quiet with all the trouble you guys have been pouring on. ^^'
And they're going island hopping, huh? I love island hopping! =D
I am starting to worry about Nazo's growing reaction to threats, though. Knowing Grassy, it'll get worse before it gets better. -_-
I'd say something about Iyoku's past, but...

*snickers* She already chucked a record player at Shell. XD
Old 01-10-2010, 03:05 AM
Michelle8936 Offline

*Still pwned* x.X

I'm kinda surprised Kris didn't get mad at the fact that I haven't slept for a week......Crap! *Runs*

Old 01-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

*Huggled* Uh...

I believe it's explained later on, Kris. At least, I think so. But it will be explained sooner or later ;)

Glad you liked it! Iyoku is the only family Nazo will (probably) ever have. After all, he's not exactly the "social" type, with a history like his XD

I don't mind him...

Well I do!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:35 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

*pokes Shell*

*still has an arm around Iyoku*

You aren't gonna get very far like that, kid. ^^'

Don't know why he's trying to run. I won't get mad about that, just tell him to go to sleep.
And I like Nazo. I don't really worry about the past much. ^^'
Old 01-10-2010, 03:39 AM
Michelle8936 Offline

*Poked but still pwned* x.X

You could've said that before XD

Old 01-11-2010, 02:22 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

*pokes Iyoku* If you're gonna worry about it that much then put the book down and go to sleep.

She has a point. *giggles*
Old 01-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Twenty-Five Up!

Chapter Twenty-Five

As he darted through the forest, Yaiba scented the air, much like Shourai and Lilac were doing. His red eyes went to his right as he caught the sharp scent of a Flying Type, and he presumed it was a Pidgeotto or some other bird-like Pokemon. Keeping his senses alert, he looked for anything that would be small enough for Iyoku to cook that night, because the group was to leave for the islands the next morning.

Lilac pawed the ground in annoyance. <Where are all the Pokemon? They seem to have run off!> The Houndour noted, cocking her head. <Maybe I should collect berries…I might have better luck with that!> She snorted

Yaiba glanced back at her as they came to a stop. <It’s likely because of that Shadow Rhydon. Those types of Pokemon are new to this area, so I doubt the others would want to stay for very long.>

Shourai sighed, <As it is, we probably will have better luck with berries.>

Lilac nodded. <Yeah. Even I could sense that thing’s Aura. It wasn’t nice, that’s for sure!> She said softly. <I’ll look for berries, and I’ll catch anything else I find. Although…Do you know what berries we need?> She asked, cocking her head.

Shourai paused, thinking, <Well, we should definitely get berries that will heal status problems and health, so that’s Chesto, Cheri, Sitrus, Oran, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Persim and Lum berries – if we can find any.> With that, he began glancing around at the bushes, looking carefully. However, even they seemed a little bare.

Lilac growled. <What the heck? Did the Rhydon scare away the berries too?> The Houndour thought for a moment, before bursting into laughter at the thought of walking bushes. An idea suddenly clicked. <Hey, Koutei may be able to spot an area where berries are likely to grow. He’s got a huge vantage point from up there!>

Almost as if he were listening in on the conversation, the Staraptor’s voice entered their minds. <There is a large grove of trees just ahead,> he said. <It looks like it’s been relatively untouched, so it should do fine.>

Lilac blinked. <Well, speak of Darkrai! How’d he do that?> The Houndour spluttered. Either way, she started to pad forward without fear; after all, what were the chances of another Shadow Pokemon being here?

Continuing to the miniature forest ahead of them, Shourai noted that it had all the berries that they would need, and therefore took a large leaf from a nearby plant to use as a tray of sorts for carrying the fruits. Meanwhile, traces of electricity covered Yaiba’s scythe before several well-aimed Thunderbolts cut through the stems of the berries, allowing them to drop to the ground. Lilac made herself busy by using her nose to nudge the berries onto the leaf Shourai had prepared, occasionally snipping the stem off of another berry that was ripe for the picking. <Hmm…With this many berries around, there’s bound to be a few prey Pokemon. Keep your eyes peeled, guys.>

Koutei continued to circle above as Lilac said this, and he knew he’d probably have the best chance of catching any prey, should one appear. As it was now though, they had collected around fifteen berries. They would probably head back soon, because he knew Iyoku would only be able to fit so many in his bag. Unless he dried them, which was the more likely solution.

Lilac grinned. <Not bad, huh? I think the others will be proud.> She grabbed a few Oran berries. <When Nazo signaled me to go back in the cave, I saw his hands were covered in blood. And of course, I spied him cleaning his hands and wrapping them. These should help with injuries.>

Shourai nodded, <These Sitrus berries should help, too,> he said, rolling one onto the leaf. Finally, Yaiba fired one last Thunderbolt at another berry on one of the higher branches, and then walked over.

<That should be good enough for a few days,> he commented, waiting for the other two to finish gathering the fallen fruits. Once they had done so, a blue outline surrounded the leaf before it lifted itself into the air, tying together as Yaiba used Psychic to make the job of carrying them back that much easier.

Lilac giggled. <Wish you could teach me that, Yaiba. I might have to learn Shadow Claw, though, if Shadow Pokemon are showing up now. Psychic would be way cooler though…> One of the advantages of being a Dark Type; Absol were one of the few who could use the technique their type was immune to.

Yaiba glanced back, <You will have to do some special training for Shadow Claw though – your species does not learn it naturally.> He returned his focus back to the forest on all sides, also being careful not to let the leaf of berries fall. As it was though, this was one of the very few times in his life that he didn’t sense something bad just over the horizon.

Lilac grinned. <No problem! Heck, if Nazo can learn Dark Pulse and use it multiple times in a battle, I can learn Shadow Claw easy!> The Houndour yipped, her violet eyes brimming with enthusiasm at the prospect.

The Absol snickered, <We shall see about that.> Shortly, they made their way back to the cavern, although, they hadn’t seen a single prey Pokemon on the way. Noticing they had returned, Iyoku called Koutei back to his Poke Ball for the night, and Yaiba and Shourai both sat down by the fire, the silver-grey Eevee once again contemplating what else could happen on their journey. After all, there had been one Shadow Pokemon, and he knew more would come.

Lilac bounded around up to Nazo, curling beside him and grinning. <This is going to be fun! I can just tell!> She smiled, baring sharp canines. Somehow, she didn’t wake up the hedgehog next to her, but she was still eager. After all, the more moves she learned, the better the chance she would have against enemies.

Meanwhile, Shourai began telling Iyoku what the conditions had been like in the forest, and a frown came onto the hedgehog’s face. “It’s likely that the grove you guys found might be the last group of fruit-bearing trees that haven’t been killed off,” he said.

Lilac cocked her head. <What do you mean, ‘killed off’? That Shadow Rhydon only destroyed a small section. I don’t understand.> She asked worriedly, really beginning to feel time pressing down on her. What’s going on?

Iyoku looked at the Houndour. “Shadow Pokemon are caused by the beginnings of negative abnormalities in the atmosphere – one of the side-effects of that negativity is that a plant’s ability to gain nutrients and oxygen begins to get cut off.” He paused, thinking. “In the future, the forest doesn’t draw its light from the sun or water due to there being no sun at all, and very little water left. Instead, they draw on the life force of living beings as a substitute.”

Lilac whimpered softly. <Negative abnormalities? Strange. What else can it do?> The Houndour inquired, getting the funny image of meteors falling through the sky, an obvious reference to the fact her partner used negative energy to attack. That would be funny.

The grey hedgehog shrugged at Lilac’s inquiry. “Other than that, even I don’t know. But the creation of those Shadow Pokemon…It’s getting to be pretty troublesome. It was also around the time that the Shadows appeared that a massive epidemic swept the planet, killing off over three-quarters of the population.”

Lilac yelped, loud enough to jolt Nazo from his doze. <WHAT?!?!> She screeched, getting up and pacing the cavern in furious circles. <We have to warn the public! We have to do something! But who would believe us…?> She closed her eyes, feeling helpless.

“…Cami would believe us.” Nazo spoke up, earning the hedgehog an odd look from Lilac, who asked who she was. “She was the Huwing who took my life at my request. She is not one to jump at things, but she would definitely keep an eye on the situation. Although, getting past Shadow would prove to be difficult…”

Iyoku was silent for several seconds before he spoke as well, “Maybe, but we don’t know where she would be right now. The world’s geographical structure underwent a massive change when the two worlds collided, Nazo. She could very well be on the other side of the planet for all we know.”

Nazo shrugged. “Hey, I learned that if you cause a big enough racket, she is bound to show up.” He blinked, thinking. “As it is, you prove a point. All I know is that the Huwings hang around an active volcano called Mt. Blaze. Although, I have no idea where it would be now. A whole mountain moving, I never thought it would happen!” He said absentmindedly.

A grin crossed Iyoku’s face, “With everything that’s happened recently, I’m surprised you would think that. A mountain can move easily, because there could’ve been something to move it. Legend says Regigigas did after all drag the continents to their proper places when the planet was formed.”

Nazo shook his head. “You forget, Iyoku, that I am from a time, however brief, that Pokemon did not exist. Perhaps the volcano did not move; the land did instead.” Looking at his bandaged hands, he noticed the leaves were slightly blood soaked. Already? I must change them soon…

The grey hedgehog snickered, “Either way, there’s not too many cities, so there’s bound to be lots of places where Mt. Blaze could be.” He paused, “But I think it’ll be closer to the equator – that is generally where they are.” He fell silent, thinking. I have a feeling that the volcano’s not the only thing we’ll see.

He nodded. “Heat, equator…They go together.” He mused; noting that Lilac had fallen asleep sprawled on the floor. Wow…She is quite the sleeper…Does she normally just rest where she falls? He’d have to ask when she woke up; although he dearly wished he had a camera at this moment.

Iyoku snorted, “It’s rather ironic, but where the city in that future is now, used to be a frozen wasteland. If we went there now, we’d freeze. Then again… I think everything outside the walls of that place is all desert.”

Nazo shook his head sadly. “It is so depressing to realize what you love will not exist for much longer. Not if we cannot do anything to stop time from freezing.” He looked at Iyoku. “Coming here, all the beauty must have been quite a shock to you.”

The younger hedgehog snorted, “That’s for sure, when I was flying over that forest with Koutei, I almost fell right off,” he said with a faint snicker. However, at that moment, he happened to glance at the leaf bandages housing Nazo’s hands. He gave the older hedgehog a slightly irritated expression.

Nazo snickered, before catching the grey hedgehog’s expression, which immediately made him stop. “Oh please. Minor wounds. You need to conserve your strength, Iyoku. I can take care of myself, you know.” He said, waving one of his bandaged hands to add impact.

The grey hedgehog muttered something under his breath, before glancing at the berries that the Pokemon had brought back and promptly facepalming. “Why didn’t I think of that before…?” he growled slightly, annoyed. After saying so, he opened the leaf of berries, taking a smaller sized Sitrus from it. However, he didn’t give it to Nazo, and proceeded to take a rounded bowl out of his bag. This one was much smaller than the others and had apparently been crafted out of grey-white rock. He also took out a strange stone of the same colour – however, it was shaped like an extremely mini baseball bat, and after putting the berry into the bowl, he began crushing it into a thickly liquidized paste.

Nazo raised an eyebrow. “What are you doing now? I swear, you always seem to do something that surprises me…” He watched, intrigued, but otherwise was respectfully silent. After all, the grey hedgehog was already annoyed - why make him more so? He was less likely to get a prank pulled on him if he stayed quiet.

Iyoku snickered, “What, you’ve never heard of a mortar and pestle before? Watch.” Since the contents were liquid enough to be verified as that element, Iyoku took a bottle out of his bag, pouring the mixture inside. He then proceeded to cap it with a cork, and inserted a metal prong through the now-closed top of the bottle, and set it on the ground a good ways away as he gestured for Yaiba to come forward.

“Alright Yaiba, you know what to do,” Iyoku said, and after the Absol nodded, a faint current of electricity crossed his scythe before he launched and sustained a Thunder at the tips of the metal rod that emerged from the cork. The attack traveled through the fluid inside, causing it to bubble slightly.

Nazo watched, curious. “I have heard of a mortar and pestle, but not in this manner.” He noted. “I presume you are making medicine, perhaps something to help you sleep?” He took a wild guess, knowing full well it was probably for his wounds. Must he be so caring?

The younger hedgehog snickered a little at Nazo’s inquiry, “No, I won’t need any help to get to sleep after all that. This is for the injury.” He paused, waiting a few extra seconds, “Okay Yaiba, that’s enough now.” The Dark Type ceased the Thunder, and after the remaining sparks fizzled away, Iyoku picked the bottle up, removing the cork to examine the contents. “Good, that worked like I thought it would.” After this, he took another utensil out of his bag – this time a cup, and after pouring the liquid in, he handed it to Nazo. “With that, the injury should be healed by tomorrow.”

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Nazo gave a small smile. “Well, to be honest, ‘minor’ might be different for me than it is for you…” He said softly, taking the cup. He began to unwind the leaves around his fists, grimacing as the cool air touched the extremely tender wounds. “Heh, it is a good thing when it stings…Means you are still alive.”

“That also means it’ll heal.” Iyoku really didn’t have any qualms about part of the knuckles on Nazo’s hands having been worn down to the bone. He had after all seen much worse. However, he got up and proceeded to the outside of the cavern – where the waterfall was – taking the bottle and steel rod with him to clean up.

Nazo, in the meantime, started to dab the liquid onto the wound, ignoring the fresh agony that welled up from the touch. He wasn’t worried about it healing - his wounds never lasted long - he was more worried about the whole talk of epidemics he had been woken up to. Only time will tell if the worst comes to pass…

After a few minutes, the grey hedgehog came back and sat down again, drying the two utensils with a cloth he’d taken out of his bag. If one didn’t know any better, they would think that he carried everything but the kitchen sink in it. However, that wasn’t far from the truth.

Nazo nodded at Iyoku. “Get some rest. We have a long day ahead of us.” He stated simply, leaning back against the wall and closing his eyes. Four emeralds to go…Things are going quickly. But with Reiki on the loose, I can’t jump to conclusions. Things are only going to get tougher from here on out. With that final thought, he drifted into a dreamless sleep, with nothing but the crackling of the fire to sing to him…

The grey hedgehog nodded slightly, leaning against the wall behind him before he ended up drifting off to sleep as well. He’d some a somewhat okay job of hiding it since they got back from the fight, but he was utterly exhausted. This is definitely going to screw up my sleeping schedule.

Nazo gave a yawn, stretching as he woke up his body, his muscles energized from the rest. His hands were already healing, the medicine and his own immortality having knitted it up rather well, leaving only scabs. His back, too, was completely healed, and as Nazo got up, he noticed the grey hedgehog still sound asleep. Poor kid. He was really tired. Reaching into his pack, Nazo pulled out the black cloak Iyoku had given him during the blizzard, and very carefully laid it on the younger hedgehog as a blanket, taking care to make sure the fire was indeed out so there was no danger. He watched Iyoku for a few seconds to make sure he hadn’t woken him up, before he left the cavern to see if he could find anything useful for their trip.

The grey hedgehog hadn’t stirred at all from Nazo’s act. He was still far too tired to do so, and this was proven by the fact that even though it was around eight or nine in the morning, he still hadn’t woken up. Considering he was an early riser, usually up around four or five, it was clear he needed more rest. His body was still recuperating the Aura he’d used up over the last few days, and he would still be out for a while yet.

Nazo was disturbed by the lack of birds singing, his eyes constantly searching for any living thing. The forest…It is alive, yet dead at the same time… Lifting into the air, he soared far above the leafy canopies - or as far as the cave would allow - his eyes noticing a few trees that had lost their luster. Still, he was able to find a medium sized clearing with a small rock in the center, and he perched there, revealing the unfinished amethyst in his hands. He set to work, ignoring the slight twinges of hunger, intent only on finishing the jewel.

Freeing himself from his Poke Ball, Shourai soon found himself on the stone floor of the cavern. Quietly, he walked out so as not to disturb the grey hedgehog, before beginning a run through the forest. The Eevee noticed that many of the leaves on the trees were beginning to change colour, and a frown appeared on his face. It would only be a matter of time before the rest of the woods was taken as well, and became like the mostly barren forest of the future. Making his way to the grove where they had picked the berries the previous day, he saw that his suspicions were being confirmed – the remaining berries had shriveled up, the trees forced to withdraw the nutrients they had used in creating the fruit in order to stay alive a little longer.

Nazo couldn’t help but smile slightly as he finished up the jewel. It was well sized, being as big as an Everstone, and a rich purple in color. Taking some black thread that had fallen off his cloak; he wound it into a sturdy material, and very carefully punctured the top of the gem, threading it through to create an amulet. I know who will like this…

Continuing his little trek through the forest, Shourai was unaware that he was heading to the same area Nazo was sitting in. He wasn’t really even paying attention to what he was walking on, stepping on a few thin twigs that snapped under his small weight.

Nazo’s attention snapped to the forest ahead, and he was on his feet in an instant, a meteor forming in his hands. He wasn’t sure if it was another Shadow, however unlikely it might be, or a hostile Pokemon angry over territory. He was prepared to fight, and waited for the unknown entity to appear.

Shourai emerged from the undergrowth, but an uneasy and slightly mortified expression soon appeared on his face upon seeing Nazo ready to attack. <Well geez, what’d I do?!> He demanded with much the same tone in his telepathic voice.

Nazo instantly relaxed, allowing the meteor to turn to dust. “Sorry Shourai. You more or less startled me. I thought perhaps another Shadow Pokemon had appeared.” He confessed. Although, perhaps I would have sensed it if one was coming. “I am not like Iyoku - I can only sense certain Auras, and they must be strong for that to happen.”

Hearing his explanation, the Eevee started snickering, and then said, <Wait ‘till Iyoku hears I actually startled you.> But then he continued. <I don’t think there’s anything here, though. There were no Pokemon at all, and the few berries I saw on the trees were completely drained and dried up.>

Nazo nodded slowly. “It is strange, how one day it can be bursting with life, and then the next…Dead silence.” He said softly, shaking his head. “It is as if the departure of Naomi triggered it all. I hardly think it is a coincidence that a Shadow Pokemon showed up almost immediately after she left.”

The Eevee was silent for a few seconds before he spoke again, <Well, before; when we were still in the ruins on the actual mountains, prior to coming down here, I could sense there was a weird Aura around this place. I think that was coming from Naomi, because it’s completely gone now. There’s not even a trace of it left.>

“Yes, that makes sense. Things have gotten out of hand since she left, so it is reasonable to assume her disappearance led to this area’s demise. We cannot stay here much longer. As soon as Iyoku wakes up, we have to leave.” He said urgently.

<Either way,> Shourai said, <the forest in the future is still worse off than this one.> With that, he turned, beginning to make his way back to the cave through the woods. He wasn’t worried about anything being here – since there was no more edible food, not even a Shadow Pokemon could survive in the area.

Nazo began to follow suit, pondering over what dangers they could face on their way to the islands. A severe storm is one problem, no doubt. I could get us out of there before anything too bad hits, though. Sunburn, perhaps? Yeah right. He directed his attention back to the present as the cavern came into view. I wonder if Sleeping Beauty is up yet.

Walking back into the cave, Shourai saw that Iyoku was, indeed, up and was packing their things for the long trip ahead. However, it was clear by the way he looked that he was still a little tired. The grey hedgehog looked up upon hearing them coming, and he tossed the Poke Ball with the egg inside to Nazo. “You might want to keep an eye on it.”

Nazo caught it with ease, sighing. “Why? Is it hatching or something? Unlike you, I have no experience with eggs of any kind.” He grumbled, shouldering his pack onto his back, before walking over to Lilac. “Here, I thought this would go well with your eyes.” The Houndour closed them, waiting for Nazo to give her the okay to look. When she did, she saw that he had hung the amulet around her neck, and in excitement, knocked him over with slobbery kisses.

<Thank you! Thank you! This is so awesome! I’ll cherish it always!> She yipped, while the hedgehog finally managed to push her off, scratching the canine behind the ears while chuckling.

Iyoku raised an eyebrow, “You still should keep an eye on it. Since we never saw it with the parents, we don’t know when it’ll hatch. And since there are no Water Types in the future, even I don’t know when that will happen.” He verified that the fire was out, so he slung his bag over his shoulders, ready to leave. He didn’t like the Aura that the place had seemed to gather, either.

Nazo sighed. “I still do not think it will hatch.” He admitted, getting up, Lilac in tow. The Houndour kept checking to make sure the amulet was still on, but Nazo had made sure it was a strong fabric. “As for there being no Water Types in the future, I thought you possessed one, unless I was mistaken?” He mused.

“Yeah, Kiyo – my Lapras – is a Water Type…But other than her, I haven’t seen a single one in the future…” He trailed off. In fact, he remembered the day when he’d met the Water-Ice Type, and recalled it was the same time he had met Koutei as well. Come to think of it… he thought as a frown appeared on his face, the place I met them in had the same crystals as the outside cavern here does…Would that be a coincidence?

The sky blue hedgehog gave a snort. “So you cannot say there are no Water Types in the future then, Iyoku.” He gestured towards the cavern. “Time to go. The sooner we leave, the sooner we will arrive at our destination.” He said, turning and beginning to walk out, Lilac eagerly following.

Iyoku nodded, and began to follow Nazo and Lilac out of the cavern. However, he was still thinking about what he’d realized earlier. Azelf said that this place is one of the few where the dimensions are the thinnest…Does that mean things from this side can cross over as well? He glanced upwards at the massive crystal that hung from the top of the cavern. Maybe…

Nazo looked over his shoulder at Iyoku, frowning slightly. “Stop being so quiet. It makes me think something is wrong with that mouth of yours.” Lilac coughed as she started to snicker, but the hedgehog paid her no heed.

Iyoku gave the sky blue hedgehog an annoyed expression before firing a harmless Aura Sphere at him. He again returned to thinking about what he had before though, despite the fact he was trying not to. It seemed like there was something really important to go along with what he’d thought of, but he couldn’t figure it out.

Nazo gave a full hearted laugh as the Aura Sphere harmlessly dissipated on his Aura, quite amused by the grey hedgehog’s expression. “Do that again, Iyoku; it tickled!” Joking, he whirled around, hovering for a few seconds before grabbing the younger hedgehog in a headlock a few feet above the ground, giving him a nuggie. “What would I do without that smart aleck attitude of yours?”

Iyoku snorted, “You’d probably live and die a horrible, boring life without any form of teasing whatsoever,” he said with a snicker when the older hedgehog started teasing him.

Nazo could only grin at that. “So far, all of my deaths have been anything but boring!” Still, he finally relented his grip on his younger comrade, although by then Lilac was already rolling on the ground in sheer laughter. Nazo was careful to hover just out of reach of Iyoku, in case he saw fit some retribution was needed.

The younger hedgehog fired another Aura Sphere at Nazo before continuing on his way out of the cavern. As it was, they were heading to the entrance that Naomi had blasted open, seeing as the other was still blocked by an avalanche. Well, maybe not since that commotion with Kyogre and Groudon, but the ocean was right there, so it makes more sense to go that way.

The Aura Sphere had no effect on the other hedgehog, but Lilac was walking beside Iyoku had that point, still laughing. <He seems to be a bit hyper today, huh? So how are you feeling, Iyoku? You were passed out for a while…>

Iyoku snickered, “Yeah, he’s just a little hyper. I’m fine though, but using almost all my Aura in those fights and then not sleeping for a week probably wasn’t the best idea.” He suddenly stopped, realizing everything he said, he’d said aloud instead of through telepathy. The other hedgehog would whack him for sure.

Lilac cocked her head. <You didn’t sleep for a week? What were you thinking?> She yipped, at this point convinced Iyoku was one of those crazy people who ran around doing nothing at night. Nazo was too far ahead to hear anything, flitting over easily to certain patches where he may have seen a berry or two, only to discover nothing.

“What? It’s not my fault if I’m still not used to the cold here,” the grey hedgehog grumbled, returning his attention to the cavern exit that loomed ahead, becoming ever closer. Frankly, unlike when he had first come here, he couldn’t wait to be out of this area. Seeing the Shadow Pokemon made him realize that the events of the future were not far off at all – maybe only a half year from now, the time freeze would be complete.

Lilac snorted, trying to hide her amusement. <Well, if you were that cold, you could’ve asked us for help, you know. I don’t mind sleeping next to hedgehogs, and Nazo has the cloak. No doubt you found it on you this morning, eh?> She mused.

Iyoku shrugged, “Well, I’m used to looking after myself – if there’s nothing that can be done about it, I don’t complain, and there really was no reason to keep warm in the future. You would over-heat and exhaust yourself if you tried.” In regards to the cloak though, it was true. He had been a little surprised to find it draped overtop him when he’d woken up that morning, but he’d folded it and returned it to Nazo’s bag when he was packing their things.

The Houndour nudged the hedgehog’s side with her nose. <But you aren’t in the future anymore, Iyoku. You have friends here that want to make sure you’re okay. We don’t want you to get sick, and with this whole ‘epidemic’ thing going on…Well, you need to keep your health up.>

“I guess so,” he said, “But like I was saying earlier, I’m just not used to it. I’ve been living on my own pretty much my whole life – it was only a few years ago that I met Shourai and the others. Ten years of habit aren’t undone easily.” The cavern exit had come into view by now, and they were temporarily blinded by the light that reflected off the snow outside from the sun. Oh great… Iyoku groaned inwardly, it looks like it’s even deeper than it was before.

<Well Iyoku, you better get used to it now, because we won’t let anything happen to you!> She snickered at the hedgehog’s expression, and even more so about the fact that Nazo simply floated over the frozen water. <He cheats! He can fly!> Lilac complained. <You know, maybe you could make him give you a piggyback ride…> She snickered.

The grey hedgehog also snickered at Lilac’s comment. “That’s not likely to happen.” After replying so, he channeled some of his Aura to his feet to create the makeshift snowshoes he had used to proceed across the snow about a week earlier when they were on their way to the mountains. Glancing at the Houndour, he said, “I could probably make the snow around your feet have the same effect so you won’t end up sinking in.”

Lilac shook her head. <Nah. I’m rather tired, and I don’t want to risk losing the amethyst Nazo gave me.> She barked, summoning the hedgehog to her side. <Nazo, I want to go back into my Poke Ball.> The hedgehog nodded, retrieving the sphere from his pack and returning the canine, before hovering beside Iyoku.

“Perhaps you should put on a cloak. It will help to keep you warm until we get to the sea.” He pointed out, knowing how much the hedgehog disliked the cold.

Iyoku thought a few seconds before nodding in reply and doing what Nazo had suggested, although it wasn’t really cold out right now. The weather was pleasantly mild at the moment with the skies clear as the sun shone; it was evident he could take the mountainous weather for a little while if it was just that. But if the factors of wind and cold were taken in as well, that was when he started to get irritable.

Nazo nodded. “I am glad to see that Kyogre and Groudon have not fought again since that…Incident, to put it lightly. To me, it seems to be a hopeful sign.” The hedgehog attempted to strike up a conversation, but he was also right - the two seemed to have gone dormant after he used Spacial Rend to prevent a collision of attacks.

Iyoku blinked, remembering that the sky blue hedgehog had been unconscious for pretty much the whole time Naomi had been gone. “Actually, after that, when you passed out due to the rabies on the way back to the cavern…” he continued, explaining everything that had happened, including Reiki’s second appearance when Naomi had been required to go further down the coastline to stop the two members of the Weather Trio from fighting again.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Nazo blinked, before nodding. “I see. Well, things are calmer now at least. It will make our seafaring adventure that much easier, eh?” He argued, checking every so often the distance between them and the ocean, which wasn’t that hard to see from there.

The grey hedgehog snorted, “Yeah, I somehow doubt it’d be a good thing if those two started fighting again while we’re on our way to the islands.” As it was, he had a feeling the two giants had gone back to their native region of Hoenn. And they can stay there, he thought.

Nazo snickered. “You think? What, stormy waters are not dangerous enough for you or something?” He mused, darting on ahead. Heck, I don’t know what’s gotten into me today…But I feel pretty good. I wonder why? He didn’t think too hard on it; he paused on his erratic flight to wait for Iyoku, although all he wanted to do was keep flying and never look back. He loved to soar, that was for sure.

The grey hedgehog’s eyes strayed to the trees that towered above the snow-laden ground. Too bad I can’t fly – even so, I could get to the tops of those trees, but they’re too far apart for me to jump from. He sighed; I’d end up falling even further into the snow than I am now if I tried that.

Nazo noticed the small hedgehog’s gaze, before he grinned slightly. Concentrating, the ground underneath Iyoku suddenly crystallized, becoming a moderately sized platform. Just as quickly, it lifted into the air, and Nazo took up position floating next to the moving platform, hoping he didn’t startle the kid too much.

The grey hedgehog took a few surprised steps back when the platform lifted into the air, causing him to almost fall right off the floating slab of crystal. “Geez,” he said, giving a slightly indignant look at the sky blue hedgehog, “you couldn’t have given me a little warning?”

The immortal being chuckled. “But what would the fun have been in that? At least you do not have to waste your Aura on snow shoes, right?” He pointed out. “Anyways, the sea isn’t too far from here. We can take it easy - go slow, or we can have a minute or so of top notch flying. Your choice.”

The grey hedgehog raised an eyebrow. “I never said I didn’t want to, I just said give me warning next time,” with that, he sent another Aura Sphere at Nazo, along with a few snickers. He was right though; this would be much faster than walking.

Nazo laughed once more, never bothering to dodge the attack. “Nice to know we understand each other! And I really have no idea why I am in such a good mood today, so don’t bother asking.” Turning, the platform followed the hedgehog as they made a semi-speedy way towards the sea. “You know, if you want, we can travel like this for a while. I have no problem with it. You can even let out the others, too.”

Iyoku started snickering as he thought of a reply to deliver to Nazo’s statement, “I’m not complaining – it’s an interesting change from your normal angst attitude. Now all you need is a sugar rush.” After that, he released Koutei to fly in the air with them, along with Shourai who stayed on the platform. He couldn’t let Yaiba and Flash out though, because the crystal slab was too small.

“Me? Angst?” He sounded surprised. “Geez, kid. You really do not know me!” He thought for a second. “As for a sugar rush, I admit I have a sweet tooth for ice cream. Particularly mint.” Noticing Iyoku’s problem, Nazo once more focused, making the slab larger even though it put minor strain on his body. “That better?”

The grey hedgehog sat down and gave him a puzzled expression as he released the Dark Type Absol and the Electric Type Shinx onto the now-enlarged platform of crystal. “Ice what?” he asked, with a clueless tint to his voice. “Never heard of it.”

Nazo’s expression was of utmost horror, and he nearly tackled the younger hedgehog. “You WHAT?!?” He roared slightly, unable to believe it, before he darted around a few times to express his shock. “You never heard of ice cream?! Unbelievable! Preposterous! Utterly horrific!” He cried out, really acting his age for once. Perhaps, a bit too much.

Iyoku was unaware he had leaned back a little, and upon returning to a normal position as he watched the other hedgehog, a rather comical expression was on his face that was a little hard to decipher. “Is that supposed to be a…Bad thing?” He asked, almost hesitantly.

Nazo halted in his frenzy, raising an eyebrow. “Yes, that’s a bad thing! You are missing out on one of the best treats in the world!” He cried out, before he raised a hand. “I know what we’ll do. When the next town comes up, I will put on my cloak, take a little of our rings, and buy some. It will be small, because without a cold place to store it, the ice cream will melt. But, you must taste some! I insist!”

“Uh…Okay, I guess,” he muttered, still a little surprised from the older hedgehog’s outburst. “But I probably should be the one to go in and get it – you said yourself that it’d be bad if anyone found out you were still alive.”

The immortal being snorted. “You do not know what ice cream to buy. While it would be bad if someone found out I was alive, I will not pull down my cloak. I could also act like a…” He cringed. “Rabid fan…” Oh the delightful irony of those words, of a disease that wrought so much pain and torture! How it had been used in such a manner was beyond his comprehending.

At the older hedgehog’s statement, Iyoku started snickering; hard. He was on the verge of actually laughing when he noticed they were over the sea now, and he didn’t particularly feel like going for a swim – considering he didn’t know how in the first place.

Nazo found his joy in using his flying abilities to the extreme, creating intricate arks in the sky at high speeds while the platform itself moved forward at an even pace. At one point, a few Wingull, strange white birds with blue markings, competed against him. As it was, neither really came out the victor, as it was all for enjoyment rather than sport.

It wasn’t long before the first island was spotted on the horizon. They had already passed several smaller islets, and Iyoku knew from the map that the larger one up ahead was indeed counted as one of the Sevii Islands. It was a small patch of land compared to the islands that they would later see, and it was vaguely circular with an islet of the same shape just off its coast.
However, this was mildly deceiving, as the archipelago chain was known for having wild forests growing all over wherever they could.

Nazo was just barely beginning to feel the strain of travel, but he didn’t tell Iyoku. He still had plenty of energy to go, and he knew the journey would end soon enough. Still, he had postponed his joyful flights to conserve his strength, and it had slowed down the weakness that was just beginning to gnaw at his bones. Well, I can’t say it wasn’t fun…He admitted to himself.

Approaching the island, the grey hedgehog happened to look upwards, and as he did so, he stared at what he saw – a large blue bird with a white underbelly and a long, winding blue tail was flying westwards. However, the wings were what really got his attention; they were several feet long per appendage, and seemed to be made of ice. As if that wasn’t enough, with every flap the creature made, dozens of shining ice particles broke free from its wings, floating for a few brief seconds in the air before melting.

Nazo, having been flying slightly above, halted, his eyes wide. “My…You really do not see that every day. What a beautiful creature…” He wished to ask the bird how it had made its body shine so brightly, but as it was, he really didn’t want to interrupt its graceful flight. And, despite not being able to sense Aura, Nazo was clearly able to note the power that emanated off of it. Beauty and power in one…Now, where else have I seen that? He mused to himself.

As it was, even though the legendary Ice-Flying Type’s flight was graceful, it was also far faster than their own pace was, and so the creature soon vanished into the western skies. The grey hedgehog shook his head. “I never thought I’d get to see Articuno in person,” he muttered, amazed.

Nazo continued on, but looked at Iyoku with curiosity. “Articuno? He - or she - seems to be made of living ice, not feathers. Yet…There was power in it. Tremendous power that even I could sense without any special abilities.” He noted, shaking his head.

Iyoku glanced at him, “Well, Articuno is one of the three titans. The other two are Zapdos and Moltres. Altogether, they’re known as the titans of ice, lightning and fire, and that they keep harmony between each other to keep the ocean currents balanced,” he paused. “…It’s been said if that balance is tampered with, that a great calamity will befall the planet,” he finished with a shrug.

The hedgehog snorted. “It seems to be that a calamity is already befalling the planet, and already befell it in the future.” Stating it simply, he continued their pace, eyeing the closer island. “Do you want to stop here, or keep going?” He asked, not sure what to do at that moment.

The grey hedgehog sighed inwardly, although he had a bad feeling that something would happen if that balance was ever disturbed. He brought himself out of his thoughts at Nazo’s inquiry and once again took note of the skies. They had been flying for a while, and it showed as the sun was beginning its descent towards the horizon. “I think we should stop here for now,” he said. His common sense told him it wouldn’t be good if they got stuck in the middle of the ocean when night fell.

With a single, slight nod of his head, the platform began its decent as they neared the island. Nazo floated slightly above the sandy soil, lowering the crystal slab to the ground; it slowly shrank before disappearing all together, leaving Iyoku and company on the earth. The immortal hedgehog then alighted onto a large rock that jutted outwards over the sea, staring out towards the sunset.

“Funny,” he remarked, “This was how my mortal life ended…” Even as he stated that, his hand subconsciously rubbed at his scar, a token of that night. “It seems like it happened so long ago…”

Iyoku watched the other hedgehog for a few moments before he began scanning the beach for wood and stones to use as a temporary firepit. I wonder how life would’ve turned out if that event hadn’t happened, he thought, intrigued. It’s likely that battle wouldn’t have taken place, and I highly doubt we would’ve met. It sure caused a shift in events. Then, he remembered what Nazo had said before, about having been brought back to life only a few weeks before all this had happened.

Nazo sighed, shaking his head. “That time…Is long past. Even my real name means nothing to me now, because that part of me is dead. We will all be dead, too, if nothing is done to prevent the halt of time.” He turned to look at Iyoku, but his expression was unreadable. “I suppose I shall try my hand at fishing. Or, more likely, harpooning.”

The grey hedgehog nodded, but still remained silent. However, he soon realized that there were no reliably sized stones to make a decent firepit, so he and Yaiba went into the rainforest to scout for some there. Hopefully, they would find some firewood too, because the only material that had washed up on the beach was kelp.

In the meantime, Nazo had removed his shoes and gloves, carefully wading into the shallows to avoid any coral that could leave a nasty gash on unprotected flesh. He formed a slimmer spear in his hands, and finding a good spot, waited. A few fish swam by; some of the normal kind while others were Pokemon, but none came close enough for him to get. Not yet, at least.

Continuing through the woods, the grey hedgehog and the Absol had found a nice amount of stones and firewood. As he was heading back, his ears pricked when he heard something. Moving towards it, he noticed it was a small town with several inhabitants living within; it was getting dark though, so he couldn’t see more than a few buildings. He didn’t go any further, but he hoped that not many of them went to the beach on this side of the island.

Finally, a decent sized trout, its scales creating a glimmer of rainbows in the fading sunlight, swam just a little too close to the hedgehog. With a decisive strike, the fish’s life was brought to a swift - and painless - end, and he hauled the aquatic animal up onto his shoulders. It weighed at least ten pounds, but that was nothing compared to the sizes he had heard of. Carefully stepping out of the water, he noticed Iyoku was not yet back, and thus, he had no fire to cook it on. Where is that kid? He wondered, slightly worried.

Iyoku’s eyes happened to glance upwards as he and Yaiba continued their trek through the rainforest, and he grinned as he saw several berries hanging in clusters on the branches of a large tree; He was able to identify them as Nanab, Qualot and Mago. Perfect, he thought, those will be good flavour-enhancers for whatever Nazo happens to catch.

The hedgehog sighed, shaking his head and shrugging. He used the spear now as a way to gut the fish, carefully laying it out on a small platform he created (after all, rocks are disgusting), cleaning off the shimmering scales which still shined, perhaps as a testament to the fish’s former life. This will be a tasty meal, if nothing else, he thought, smirking slightly.

Having jumped up the trees with ease, Iyoku was carefully picking the berries, making sure to avoid the ones that had moss on them. After all, that would be an addition that wouldn’t be liked too well. As he did so, he remembered Nazo’s reaction to the Tamato berry, and he started snickering. Too bad I don’t have any more of those.

Nazo straightened up, having finished cleaning the fish, and washed his hands in the salty ocean water. Reaching into his pack - which he had taken off before hunting the fish - he released Sevi and Lilac from their confines. They stretched gratefully, before Lilac nearly pounced on the gutted food, had Sevi not given a warning hiss for her to wait patiently.

By the time Iyoku walked back into the campsite, he was also carrying a small bunch of the berries he had found in the rainforest; however, there was a slightly uneasy look in his eyes. “There’s a town just on the other side of the woods here,” he said, “I don’t think making a fire is a good idea. It could easily attract attention.”

Growling slightly, Nazo shook his head. “If you are worried about discovery…I can put a cloak on. No one will suspect you, since no one knows who you are, and I will be well guarded. I will be the un-talkative loner tagging along, if you are asked. If asked for a name…I have that planned too.” He winked slightly, throwing on his cloak even as he spoke.

The grey hedgehog shrugged, “Alright,” he said, although he was still a little worried. With that, he had Yaiba set the stones and firewood out rather quickly using Psychic, and then the Dark Type promptly lit them with a Flamethrower.

Nazo motioned at the gutted fish. “I suggest you do something with that - cook it, I presume - so I can get rid of the oh-so-obvious crystal platform.” He said, while Sevi had busied herself with observing the egg ball, curiously watching for any signs that could be important. As for Lilac…She was busy sniffing around, amusing herself by digging small holes.

Iyoku snickered, “Nah, no one will suspect anything.” He took the pot out of his bag and went in the woods for a few brief seconds to get some water from a stream – seawater, after all, wouldn’t work out well – and he set it over the fire before asking Yaiba to cut up the meat. Wind gusted about the Absol and then it sharpened itself into deadly edged blades as it hurtled itself at the dead animal. The fish was sliced up in mere seconds, and after the last bit of the attack had worn off, Iyoku took the uncooked food and put it into the pot of boiling water, followed soon after by the berries.

With the motion of his hand, the crystal platform sank back into the earth from whence it came, and the hedgehog positioned himself on a rock, sitting down. “You ever tried regular fish, Iyoku?” By regular, he meant…Well, something not Pokemon. I wonder if there is a difference?

“If you mean something that’s not a Pokemon, no.” The grey hedgehog said. “The only living things still around during my time period are the Pokemon themselves, and even then, there’s not too many that are still alive anymore.”

Nazo nodded slowly. “I see. I am sorry for that, then. Still, trout is quite delicious. I think you will like it.” He smiled lightly. “Funny…You have Shadow Pokemon, I had creatures made of shadows. How ironic, no?”

Iyoku snorted, “Yeah, creepy Shadow Pokemon at that. But…” He frowned, “I think the regular Pokemon aren’t the only ones to have become Shadows.” He glanced at the pot to make sure the stew was doing well. Thinned meat cooked quickly, so he had feeling it wouldn’t be too long before it was ready.

“Really? What do you mean?” He asked, slightly confused. Nazo had a tickle in the back of his mind, a murmur, which made him think he knew just what it was. He was a bit worried if he was right, because…Well that meant they would have a hard time later on, if it came to that.

He sighed before he replied to Nazo’s question; “I think that many of the legendaries have become Shadow Pokemon as well.” A frown was on his face now, “Especially with the spacial and temporal collapses – the only explanation I can think of for those is that Palkia and Dialga have gone into that state, too.”

Nazo nodded slowly. “I had a feeling that was what you meant.” He shook his head in grief, and perhaps despair. “We need to hurry. As it is, I may be able to at least sense the collapse of space, if that begins to occur. Once that starts happening, we should ‘kick it into high gear’, as some say.” He spoke softly.

Iyoku thought for a few seconds before a very dire thought crossed his mind …If Dialga and Palkia have actually become Shadow Pokemon…Their powers will have strengthened, and maybe… His face paled slightly. Maybe that’ll allow Dialga to sense what we’re trying to do, by making that future non-existent. If that happens, he and maybe Palkia could come here and try to stop us!

Old 01-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

The hedgehog growled lightly. “What is the matter? You look like you have seen a ghost!” His normally light voice had lowered to a worried tone, and his Aura reflected what he felt by flickering uneasily. Whatever can make Iyoku look frightened is definitely something to worry about, he thought. Because Nazo knew there were enemies even he couldn’t beat.

Iyoku quickly took his mind out of that thought. “Shadow Pokemon have a huge increase in power from their regular forms – I have every reason to guess that the same holds true for legendaries, and since they’re already that powerful to begin with, Dialga and Palkia from the future might show up here,” he said, unnerved. If that does end up happening…We’ll be killed. I know it.

Nazo’s expression didn’t change, remaining emotionless. “If that happens…I will simply fight on, like I always have. You must do the same, Iyoku. I do not fear death; I fear death in vain. That is why we must continue, Iyoku. Not for ourselves, but for all of the innocent people and Pokemon on this world.”

“Maybe,” Iyoku said, “But what if that happens and we are killed? They’ll just wreak havoc on the planet and could end up causing it to become worse than in the future.”

<Either way,> Yaiba glanced at them, having overheard their conversation, <it’s not like we can control what they’ll do; worrying about it is pointless.>

Shaking his head, Nazo responded, “I have no intentions of dying anytime soon.” He glanced at Yaiba. “Agreed. So, how about we have dinner instead? I am eager to see how this batch of food will turn out.”

Iyoku nodded, realizing that it was beginning to get late. However, as he dug through his bag for the bowls, his ears pricked sharply as he heard the sounds of something approaching from within the forest. They were coming from the town no doubt, and they had likely seen the light from the fire.

Nazo also heard this, and slid his cloak over his head, turning towards the fire so his back was to the forest. “Get ready, Iyoku, for I will try to avoid speaking. If they ask for a name, tell them I am…Skye.” His voice faltered briefly at that name, but he spoke no more, silently awaiting the arrival of the visitors.

~

And there it is. Lemme know what you think XD

Stupid post limits >.>

Old 01-16-2010, 02:27 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Twenty-Five Up!

Dang guys! Four posts? oO Well, at least I like to read. XD

Cool chapter. I loved Nazo's reaction when Iyoku said he never had ice cream. Poor kid said the wrong thing. XD
And Nazo really was in a good mood through most of that chapter. It was hard not to notice. Maybe it was lingering from when they were up at Azelf's little gem garden. ^^
Of course, Iyoku spent the time worrying about something. I can understand why when there's so much that you already know about that could fall on you at any time.

You worry too much, already. Stop adding to it.

Kay...
Anyway, great job you two. Can't wait for the next chapter. ^^