Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Intro Boards PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel
Default Master & Apprentince...for The Art Boards?

After many (at least two) AIM discussions with my pair, Moonlit Dreams, I've begun thinking of a Master & Apprentice program for the Art Boards partly because of how Scott's RP Academy is doing pretty much the same thing for the RPers on PE2K.
Now I'm no artist, no matter how many times my family tells me they appreciate all the stick figures crowding their Birthday cards, but I believe that there are possibly a sizable amount of people on the site that would like to be mentored, or even just be given some tips by a few of the more respected and successful artists.
Anyways, that's just my idea, what do you think?

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 07-14-2009, 05:18 AM
Hoshika Offline

Default Re: Master & Apprentince...for The Art Boards?

There's tutorials and a discussion thread for all art boards already, I think... and I thought art contests were a good way to get some good c+cc while helping to get rid of art block and stuff.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
There's tutorials and a discussion thread for all art boards already, I think... and I thought art contests were a good way to get some good c+cc while helping to get rid of art block and stuff.
Truthfully, you could say the same about the RP boards, as there is a guide already (not a shameful plug). The RP academy is more of a one-on-one approach, or at least that's what I think Scott is doing with it.

I don't think its a bad idea to have this kind of thing for the art boards. Not to mention there are several different approaches to art, and everyone can have a unique style but still have a really good-looking outcome.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Truthfully, you could say the same about the RP boards, as there is a guide already (not a shameful plug). The RP academy is more of a one-on-one approach, or at least that's what I think Scott is doing with it.

I don't think its a bad idea to have this kind of thing for the art boards. Not to mention there are several different approaches to art, and everyone can have a unique style but still have a really good-looking outcome.
Here, here! I am almost neutral on this, but I am leaning towards agreeing with it. (Most) tuts are helpful and there is some independance from learning on your own and developing your skills/style. However, having someone there who is an expert on graphics/art probably wouldn't hurt--someone who would be willing to help point out tricks/tips they have learned, who could not only just say "Do this tut" but also help if their apprentince got stuck/confused in the tut.

The C+CC already helps a lot, but it can sometimes be a kinda hit and miss thing. I don't see the harm in trying out this program. At best it's a raving success and at worst it fails and gets ditched--lesson learned.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Well, the first thing needed would be active "masters", so the "apprentices" wouldn't end up waiting in vain for their "masters" to show up and help them. Then again, that's a risk many academies have... Other than thet... go for it.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:34 PM
iReign Offline

Send a message via AIM to iReign Send a message via MSN to iReign Send a message via Skype™ to iReign

Eh, if you're talking about graphics I don't really see the point. It is important for everyone to have their own art style, which has to be developed by oneself. If someone were to teach someone else how to make a good banner in THEIR opinion, we would have two of each artist.

life is a btch, but i appreciate her
AIM: ireignorshine
urpg
Old 07-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iReign View Post
Eh, if you're talking about graphics I don't really see the point. It is important for everyone to have their own art style, which has to be developed by oneself. If someone were to teach someone else how to make a good banner in THEIR opinion, we would have two of each artist.
It's to get them started. When they get the hang of it, they can then create their own style. That, or I'm wrong. :X
Old 07-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

This would be cool so then I could learn how to do art.

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 07-15-2009, 04:15 PM
TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
It's to get them started. When they get the hang of it, they can then create their own style. That, or I'm wrong. :X
That's why there are tutorials. Sprite, Drawing, Graphic, etc. Any tutorials that's easy to follow can help you until you reach the point of creating things without them.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayyabX View Post
That's why there are tutorials. Sprite, Drawing, Graphic, etc. Any tutorials that's easy to follow can help you until you reach the point of creating things without them.
You have a point, but tuts don't give you the personal feedback and encouragement that a live person could *shrug* :)
Old 07-16-2009, 02:24 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I think these Master and Apprentice ideas have been fairly successful, though I may be biased because of the URPG.

Thus, I think it's a wonderful idea that should be pursued. I'm all for it.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Me too. I think it'd be a little difficult with stuff such as traditional art but spriting and graphics, awesome.

I'd take part. :D

Old 07-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayyabX View Post
If you get stuck somewhere with the tutorials and need help? That's where Masters come in. Masters can also rate your work and... do other kinds of stuff that can't be done in this current format.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
If you get stuck somewhere with the tutorials and need help? That's where Masters come in. Masters can also rate your work and... do other kinds of stuff that can't be done in this current format.
It seems most people think this is a good idea :)
Old 07-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Jose Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jose Send a message via MSN to Jose Send a message via Yahoo to Jose

Well as TayyabX said you leave them at one point so they unvolve theyr own art style, I learned because of Fefe31619 and now I think I have my own style of banners, so yeah I would like this to be made.