Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Skottles Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Skottles
Default Re: _|The Musical Composers Guild|_

Name: Patrick Evans
Instruments Composed on: Guitar, Bass
Genre(s) of composition: Acoustic, Metal
Links to work (not necessary): http://www.reverbnation.com/patrickevansacoustic
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Mr6Maiden6

My quality for recording isn't very good, seeing as all I have to use is a digital camera. But I hope you enjoy anyway.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:37 AM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

Hey guys I did a new song. This time I just decided to upload the video to youtube. Quicker for everyone to view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5QcFdEBa3U

Tell me what you think.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReclusiveDemon View Post
Hey guys I did a new song. This time I just decided to upload the video to youtube. Quicker for everyone to view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5QcFdEBa3U

Tell me what you think.
You removed it you jerk.

Skottles, how long have you been playing bass? You're pretty dang good!
Old 03-17-2011, 02:54 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

I've been playing 2-3 shows a week regularly now. I'm thinking of hiring a live drummer and live acoustic guitarist to broaden the way my music sounds. Played a show in Iowa last Saturday. Amazing experience!
Whats everyone been up to musically?
Old 06-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

HEY GUYS. I WANT TO ASK YOU ALL A FAVORI. (edit: Yea, a "favori". Like a favor only better.)

Since this club is all but dead at this point, I'd really like to kick some new life into it by getting everyone more into each other's music. It seems like everyone likes posting the music they've been writing, but there's really no interactivity between members as if we actually care about each other's ****. I think it would be to everyone's benefit if we did something to the following effect:

Everyone who has songs recorded: it'd be great if you could round up a few tracks for a sort of demo thing, PM me a link to it, and then at some point we can get them all up here alongside the member list (as well as in the thread itself). Everyone reviews everyone else's tracks, and we play off it like that. Constructive criticism is always really good!

If you don't have songs recorded: Go record some and PM me. I'd love to do a big "Here are everyone's demos; let's go constructive criticism crazy!" thing pretty soon if that's possible.

Anyone else down for this idea?
Old 07-04-2011, 12:38 AM
CandleJack Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to CandleJack
Default Re: _|The Musical Composers Guild|_ (Send Us Your Demos, Get Feedback, Be Awesome)

I'd be totally up for it, albeit I'm not sure about the others. I thought this place pretty much went six feet under.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Charbok Offline

Default Re: _|The Musical Composers Guild|_ (Send Us Your Demos, Get Feedback, Be Awesome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post
I'd be totally up for it, albeit I'm not sure about the others. I thought this place pretty much went six feet under.
No u.

I know I can solicit Ron and Mitch into hopping on board, and with me and you that'd make four. Just gotta keep being more active.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

I'm down for it. I'm releasing an ep on itunes this month; so shall i give you the link to it when it gets released?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Charbok Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
I'm down for it. I'm releasing an ep on itunes this month; so shall i give you the link to it when it gets released?
Yea, but you should definitely give us at least one free track so we can listen to your stuff. I don't think too many forum members are going to want to pay for something before they hear a decent amount of it. =P

Also, I can find your stuff on your Facebook page.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:51 AM
Charbok Offline

Okay... well... Pretty much me and Tyler are the only two people here and still actively making music it seems! So here's our ****, as well as the locations of other people's **** whom I know of:

Oddest Sevens
Current Genre: Experimental Electronica/Ambient/Jazzy/Stuff/FuckifIknow
Links: EP (?) Download, Soundcloud
Tyler (CandleJack) sent me a collection of four songs that he's put together, available for download here for zero dollars and zero cents (or zero pounds and zero ounces, if you're British). I just finished listening through it, and it's ridiculous and really awesome. I'm gonna go ask to do a song with him now.

Charbok
Current Genre: Progressive Electronica/Dance
Links: Facebook Page, Soundcloud
Austin (Charbok) has uploaded his entire "Even Petter" EP to Soundcloud as a continuous mix to listen through (~47 minutes) online, and is giving away the EP for free if you become a fan of his Facebook page, located here. Listen to "Even Petter" here.

The Bear Hunters/April Eyes
Current Genre: Metal (Of Various Sorts)
Links: Facebook Page (Bear Hunters), Myspace Page (April Eyes)
Mitch (The Maple Syrup Baptist) is in a band called "The Bear Hunters", whose Facebook page can be found here. That's not his own solo music though, and his personal stash of goods is on his MySpace, located at this wonderful link.

Together We Go Down
Genre: Singer-Songwriter/Acoustic
Links: Facebook Page
Ron (Pokemon_Ron) started writing solo singer-songwriter music over a year ago, and has since grown to being a bit of a star in his town. His Facebook page can be found here, and it has some free music to listen to. Enjoy!

Let me know if you want to be added to the list or anything!

Last edited by Charbok; 08-05-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:01 AM
CandleJack Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to CandleJack

Quote:
Current Genre: Experimental Electronica/Ambient/Jazzy/Stuff/FuckifIknow
This made me laugh incessantly.

I think I'm going to use these descriptions if I ever have to release promo material. Hahahahaha
Old 08-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Ahem... I see that this is actually rather quiet here. So.

Name: Mike/Pe2k Voices
Instruments Composed on: Drums, Bass, Synth, Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Keyboard (FL Studio)
Genre(s) of composition: Electronic/Alternative

My work:

^It is simply just 3 variations of the same track. Each one with a different beat or different sounds. Overall, same feel, but hey, the ending variation was a treat to do. You are going to need a subwoofer or headphones to hear the key instruments.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 08-10-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 AM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

Learn how to keep a song flowing (i.e. don't have a siren just randomly come in during an inappropriate time) and either stop using autotune or learn to use it right.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Charbok Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloddikus View Post
Learn how to keep a song flowing (i.e. don't have a siren just randomly come in during an inappropriate time) and either stop using autotune or learn to use it right.
I'll second this. On the whole, the third edit was actually pretty good, but the second one... things just didn't flow at all. Also, you've mixed your bass way too hot!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

It wasn't autotuned. And it was not be singing either. -.-

And as I said, it is just a test, and I know I could improve upon it. Thank you for the feedback O.o'

I mean Jesus Christ... Out of all of that, you ***** about the siren?

Ahem. Yes. The third one was my favorite.