Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Lil Bro of Doom Offline
Master Trainer

Default tyring to find Entei... any adivce

i haven't seen him yet so i can't use the pokedex, any advice on how to go about looking for him?
Old 07-02-2009, 08:36 PM
wolfdarksidecubone Offline

Default Re: tyring to find Entei... any adivce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Bro of Doom View Post
i haven't seen him yet so i can't use the pokedex, any advice on how to go about looking for him?
sorry, the only way to really encounter him is by having him in the pokedex...for now youll just have to check an area every so often that you think Entei is hiding in.

i dont know if theres another way to do that
its pronounced "goth", not emo.
Of Want And Misery:The Nothing That Kills=fav song
Oh Lord The Sky Is Falling Yet You Watch Us Rise Into Nothingness?
I only view the team infinity posts- nothing else....even if i posted it.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:40 PM
ashketchum Offline

Send a message via ICQ to ashketchum

Well, I looked around for the answer for you and this was one thing I found. Mainly the final sentence.

Quote:
I think you can. Because on Fire red/ Leafgreen catching Entei, Raikou or Suicine depends on which starting Pokemon you choose.
If you choose:
- Charmander then you can catch Suicune (Water)
- Squirtle then you can catch Raikou (Thunder)
- Bulbasaur then you can catch Entei (Fire)
Entei, Suicune, and/or Raikou will appear in the wild on the lands of Kanto after you have beaten the Elite Four and become Champion. However, only one will appear according to your starter!

Get plenty of max repels and run through some grass,then if you don't find him then go into a building and come back out and do it again.
Hope it helps you out. :P
Old 07-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
The previous person pointed out the whole 'depends on starter' thing. Ur sure ur looking 4 Entei? But I really just rely on luck 4 Suicune (but, then again, I don't really try that hard). Also, on Crystal, luck helped me get the Raikou I wasn't trying hard to get but seemingly have before. It was so weakened that I only needed to use 1 ultra ball. Also, there's a cloning trick on Emerald, so if u could trade a pokemon holding Masterball over unless u already used it or got Mew2 without it...
Also, any good Party hunting one of those pokes includes the move Mean look or something similar.

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Old 07-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Lil Bro of Doom Offline
Master Trainer

i know its Entei and i have a master ball that i will use on him.... i just searched the entire map and didn't find him.... i think he hates me! i think i will try that max repel thing. anyone else have anything to say?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:27 AM
FLSHK Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
i know its Entei and i have a master ball that i will use on him.... i just searched the entire map and didn't find him.... i think he hates me! i think i will try that max repel thing. anyone else have anything to say?
That should work. It has always worked wonders for me in the case of the runners.

EDIT: There are some extra tricks to the Max Repel method thingy. Using something that is Level 40 or is a lower level than that with a sleep move and Mean Look (Gengar/Haunter/Gastly/Smeargle qualify for that role). A better way is to use a Pokémon with Mean Look and False Swipe. Combining those methods by, after using Mean Look and (optionally) a sleep move, Baton Passing to a Pokémon that has False Swipe (Smeargle is best for that because it can have Spore, Mean Look, and Baton Pass). The reason I wouldn't use Smeargle for False Swiping is because its base Attack stat is too low to make good use of it. Baton Passing to something like Marowak is a good idea because it has a high Attack stat and has False Swipe. Anyway, that's what I do for the runners (it's easier, however, to do that in D/P/Pt because you can always see where the Pokémon are because of the Marking Map Pokétch app). A miscellaneous piece of information about the runners is that the exact step you make to go to another route/town/city (not forests or caves, though) is exactly when the runners go to another route (it's always been that way ever since G/S/C) but not towns, cities, forests, or caves.

EDIT 2: Man, that was a long first edit!

WLD: 7/3/0

It took forever (well, more like an hour) to make my avatar!

Last edited by FLSHK; 07-03-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Lil Bro of Doom Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiister2007 View Post
That should work. It has always worked wonders for me in the case of the runners.

EDIT: There are some extra tricks to the Max Repel method thingy. Using something that is Level 40 or is a lower level than that with a sleep move and Mean Look (Gengar/Haunter/Gastly/Smeargle qualify for that role). A better way is to use a Pokémon with Mean Look and False Swipe. Combining those methods by, after using Mean Look and (optionally) a sleep move, Baton Passing to a Pokémon that has False Swipe (Smeargle is best for that because it can have Spore, Mean Look, and Baton Pass). The reason I wouldn't use Smeargle for False Swiping is because its base Attack stat is too low to make good use of it. Baton Passing to something like Marowak is a good idea because it has a high Attack stat and has False Swipe. Anyway, that's what I do for the runners (it's easier, however, to do that in D/P/Pt because you can always see where the Pokémon are because of the Marking Map Pokétch app). A miscellaneous piece of information about the runners is that the exact step you make to go to another route/town/city (not forests or caves, though) is exactly when the runners go to another route (it's always been that way ever since G/S/C) but not towns, cities, forests, or caves.

EDIT 2: Man, that was a long first edit!
but since i have a masterball i won't need to worry about it running away i've been using the max repel thing and it isn't working! i've gone through about 30 max repels and have used them all in the same spot! i use it then run through the grass then i go inside a building and come out and repeat the whole thing! where the heck is he!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
but since i have a masterball i won't need to worry about it running away i've been using the max repel thing and it isn't working! i've gone through about 30 max repels and have used them all in the same spot! i use it then run through the grass then i go inside a building and come out and repeat the whole thing! where the heck is he!
Please tell me u have Mew2 or have a second Masterball. Cause I hear Its hard to get without one. I wouldn't know, since I just Masterball him, but still.

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Old 07-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Lil Bro of Doom Offline
Master Trainer

yeah i have had two so i used one on mewtwo and now going to use one on entei. is there anyway to get him in the pokedex, so you can track him, without seeing him?
Old 07-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
yeah i have had two so i used one on mewtwo and now going to use one on entei. is there anyway to get him in the pokedex, so you can track him, without seeing him?
Have a friend trade him to u then trade back, but that kills the point of tracking Entei.

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Old 07-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Lil Bro of Doom Offline
Master Trainer

i don't think it kills the point of tracking Entei, i want to have him not just in the pokedex but also to use in battles and crap so i'll see if any of my sisters have him so i can trade him in and out

EDIT: i finally found him. i decided to stop looking and went to get articuno, caught on first try with an ultraball, then went up to zaptos who was soooooo hard i finally just used a masterball, then i went over to a few grass spots in a few cities and went into route 11 where BAM he just popped out of no where and surprised me! thanks for everything guys! it was very nice of you to respond! ^^,

Last edited by Lil Bro of Doom; 07-04-2009 at 03:56 AM. Reason: found him!
Old 07-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer

Smile Re: tyring to find Entei... any adivce

Quote:
i don't think it kills the point of tracking Entei, i want to have him not just in the pokedex but also to use in battles and crap so i'll see if any of my sisters have him so i can trade him in and out

EDIT: i finally found him. i decided to stop looking and went to get articuno, caught on first try with an ultraball, then went up to zaptos who was soooooo hard i finally just used a masterball, then i went over to a few grass spots in a few cities and went into route 11 where BAM he just popped out of no where and surprised me! thanks for everything guys! it was very nice of you to respond! ^^,
Congrats! U found Entei!

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 PM
LAX Offline

Now you just need to catch him
Old 07-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Vaughn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 9)

Send a message via AIM to Vaughn Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughn