Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:50 AM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

not to sound stupid and stuff. but gay exorcism is so 1950. just kidding ive just always wanted to say that.

now on topic. i really do remember there being laws against forcing people to do something they dont want to. and not to go and trow a stereotype or anyhting but most gey people i know take good care of their bodies and thus they could just say no and if that doesnst work they can just kick some priest ass.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 07-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

lol. too true. Pretty much everyone I know would do the same, but there are some werid places in america, places they would kill you rather then exorcise you for being gay. that is where the help is needed.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:21 AM
Gravity Offline
Elite Trainer

I read this thread, gazing over the posts, and words formulated in my head, thoughts brewing in my head. As I sat back in my office chair and questioned myself on what to post on such a lovely subject, I concluded to the following statement.

EPIC. FAILURE.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:35 AM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

I know right. I can imagine a un-gay boot camp, but a exorcism the people would have to believe you, and would have to be lying to themselves if it worked.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugoix View Post
Lol. I was just using their word. I was making an anaolgy. plus I think it is both a predisposition and enviromental thing, but either way it is uncontrollable and can't be exercised out, or changed.

I was just saying I think they should be taught and accepted otherwise you could go crazy. and hurt yourself or others.
Hmm. Well, that I agree.

Thing is, I see a similar trend with homosexuality as with left-handedness, like I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
not to sound stupid and stuff. but gay exorcism is so 1950. just kidding ive just always wanted to say that.

now on topic. i really do remember there being laws against forcing people to do something they dont want to. and not to go and trow a stereotype or anyhting but most gey people i know take good care of their bodies and thus they could just say no and if that doesnst work they can just kick some priest ass.
It's still done now.

And chances are the priest will have underlings and the gay person is all alone and will be overpowered and forced to undergo unnecessary exorcism... It won't be a pretty sight. The best thing to do is not go there in the first place, and at the first sign of threat, get protection from the police.

Quote:
lol. too true. Pretty much everyone I know would do the same, but there are some werid places in america, places they would kill you rather then exorcise you for being gay. that is where the help is needed.
I reckon some "exorcised" people would really want to die to escape from the agony and trauma. But then, some are the opposite... Wait. DOWN WITH EXORCISM. Then they won't have to choose such choices in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spiritomb- View Post
I read this thread, gazing over the posts, and words formulated in my head, thoughts brewing in my head. As I sat back in my office chair and questioned myself on what to post on such a lovely subject, I concluded to the following statement.

EPIC. FAILURE.
Worse than that.

Quote:
I know right. I can imagine a un-gay boot camp, but a exorcism the people would have to believe you, and would have to be lying to themselves if it worked.
I don't think...
Old 07-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
You never know, some people are that religious. (or dumb)

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-18-2009, 01:55 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

I don't see what the problem is. The kid VOLUNTEERED.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

I think the problem is more withthe idea of it all.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Demon? No, homosexuality is natural, just like left-handedness.
GASP! LEFT-HANDED DEMONS! WE MUST EXORCISE THEM IMMEDIATELY!

:V
Quote:
I think the problem is more withthe idea of it all.
Yeah; most people disagree with the ideals behind the practice, not the practice itself.

What I disagree with in this case is that so-called "apostles" are willing to inflict huge amounts of physical trauma onto teenagers due to their religious beliefs, but that's just me.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:12 AM
OrexxerO Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
But there has been cases when people try to force people to have it which is wrong, and most people will think the same way. Idk, there could be "homosexual demons" out there, but I still think this is wrong.

Anyone being forced to do anything is always bad/wrong.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrexxerO View Post
Anyone being forced to do anything is always bad/wrong.
Even forcing druggies into rehab?

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-19-2009, 02:38 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
I don't see what the problem is. The kid VOLUNTEERED.
It's more likely that he was either pressured into "volunteering" or brainwashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokol DaErran View Post
GASP! LEFT-HANDED DEMONS! WE MUST EXORCISE THEM IMMEDIATELY!
*whacks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokol DaErran View Post
Yeah; most people disagree with the ideals behind the practice, not the practice itself.

What I disagree with in this case is that so-called "apostles" are willing to inflict huge amounts of physical trauma onto teenagers due to their religious beliefs, but that's just me.
And mental, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Even forcing druggies into rehab?
Rehab only really works for those who want to change themselves, anyway.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

One: Homosexualism and Drinking too much are completely different

And Two: What Pikabeng said. Have you ever heard of a relapse it is really ard once you leave to stay clean if you arn't willing to change your lifestyle you can easily relapse.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:14 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
These things could never work. If there was a "demon" ot did it job and left. People might be born with it, or they might get it from some way their life turned out molding them that way. Whatever the case they are gay now and need to be love.

Since we are on the subject of gay. I hate how some gays thinkthey can just have unsafe intercorse with anyone because they can't get pregnant. what we need is a gay health class availible to teach these kids not make then feel dirty and need to hide. they need to be taught to be safe like everyone else does.
Woot for ACON (an Australian company, apparently a rapper has the same name). They do all that AIDS prevention stuff.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

Lol. No his name is Akon.