Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-27-2009, 01:00 AM
scubasteveE's Avatar
scubasteveE Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,558
Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE
Default Gay Exorcism O.o

Link: http://news.aol.com/article/gay-exor...video%2F542577
The article explains it so I won't.

Well, I don't really like it, but the boy did choose to have it done, so it's his choice so But there has been cases when people try to force people to have it which is wrong, and most people will think the same way. Idk, there could be "homosexual demons" out there, but I still think this is wrong.

This comment pretty much explains my view on this:
Quote:
I'm religious. I go to church every Sunday and pray. That being said, these people do not represent my Christ. They represent a hateful dogma that my god would not approve of.
So discuss.
__________________
Everybody loves a comback! I'm still kicking and still diving.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-27-2009, 01:06 AM
MaskedJackal's Avatar
MaskedJackal Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,625
Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

That church isn't representative of Christianity as a whole, and if people aren't smart enough to realize that, then they're no better than that church.

The video? The dude chose to have it done, so I thought it was pretty funny.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-28-2009, 09:45 AM
ReclusiveDemon's Avatar
ReclusiveDemon Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Trident
Posts: 3,870
Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

The subject of homosexual exorcism really isn't anything new (for the south, anyway); it's just been stirred up again thanks to this video on YouTube.

I didn't watch the video supplied with it, I just went to the official website of that Church out of curiosity of what denomination they were under. I got as far as reading "Apostle Patricia McKinney" and quit reading.

Absurd.
__________________
formerly known as ReclusiveDemon

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-30-2009, 01:24 PM
questionmarkexclamation Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 111
Send a message via AIM to questionmarkexclamation
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

I feels that if a young boy like that wanted to have his sexual demons exorcised out of him, instead on fixing his character, then he was probably just a coward. I'm almost sure he did it to get family and friends from persecuting him.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:04 AM
hsb39's Avatar
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

I find these things horrible. Things like this often lead to suicide.
__________________
I am currently trying to think of something witty and original to put in my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,469
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

... I'm going to say one thing in this thread, and one thing only. People are absolutely entitled to their opinions. If Christians want to take the interpretation of the bible that says "gays are bad," that's their perogative. I just have issues with them trying to project that on law.

But this is where I draw the line of acceptance. I only got a couple of glimpses because I watched a news report of it on Youtube, since my pop-up blocker didn't let me watch the attached video, and I was still sickened. Not by that one in particular, because he volunteered, but by the fact that that apparently happens a lot more and by force.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
hsb39's Avatar
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
... I'm going to say one thing in this thread, and one thing only. People are absolutely entitled to their opinions. If Christians want to take the interpretation of the bible that says "gays are bad," that's their perogative. I just have issues with them trying to project that on law.

But this is where I draw the line of acceptance. I only got a couple of glimpses because I watched a news report of it on Youtube, since my pop-up blocker didn't let me watch the attached video, and I was still sickened. Not by that one in particular, because he volunteered, but by the fact that that apparently happens a lot more and by force.
Well, I also have issues with them trying to project it onto others, like their children. Kids thinking that homosexuality is evil, and then turning out as being gay, is a huge cause of suicide, this opinion does mostly come from parents. The gay exorcism is just an extremity of this.
__________________
I am currently trying to think of something witty and original to put in my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

The work of conservativeness, I say. Which I'm against. Homosexuality is not a demon.

And I don't think these exorcisms will actually work. Seriously. Even if they did on the outside, it definitely won't on the inside. Even if it looks like it.

Brainwashing is not a good thing.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-16-2009, 01:52 PM
DarkGardevoir's Avatar
DarkGardevoir Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: hidden in my avatar
Posts: 5,618
Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

._. Absurd.

I heard something like this already, but not of this... idiocy.

Like, zomg, not only gay, but a crossdresser? Guess they scored! (I stopped reading the article around there, else my skepticism and snarkiness would get the better of me)

I'd put this stuff on the same level as tarot reading and horoscope- as in, you're free to believe it works, but I won't. Only, this seems much more abusive than any of those frauds.

Also, but this is more a note on exorcism in general, wouldn't violence only further the will of the so-called demons? Even in my (rather) incompetence in regards of the Bible, I don't remember Jesus doing anything more than saying a firm "Out of this body, demon!" or something among those lines.

@Pikabeng: you never know. Whether by sheer coincidence or by believing it work, there are people who claim it working. It may sounds cliché or idiot, but I know a girl who knows a man that says he had a charm on him dispelled, and he noticed the effects. Now, I don't believe it either, but if it happens, I can't deny it happening, as I don't know everything of this world
__________________
My quotes


Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.

Last edited by DarkGardevoir; 07-16-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
@Pikabeng: you never know. Whether by sheer coincidence or by believing it work, there are people who claim it working. It may sounds cliché or idiot, but I know a girl who knows a man that says he had a charm on him dispelled, and he noticed the effects. Now, I don't believe it either, but if it happens, I can't deny it happening, as I don't know everything of this world
Yep. A sign of being brainwashed. Or fear of revealing that it didn't work due to various reasons.

You know how North Koreans are convinced that their leader is almighty and such? That, or they're afraid of saying something bad about their country lest they find themselves in concentration camps. I see a similar effect, even though the cause is different.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-17-2009, 01:58 AM
hsb39's Avatar
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
The work of conservativeness, I say. Which I'm against. Homosexuality is not a demon.

And I don't think these exorcisms will actually work. Seriously. Even if they did on the outside, it definitely won't on the inside. Even if it looks like it.

Brainwashing is not a good thing.
[QUOTE=DarkGardevoir;2842438
@Pikabeng: you never know. Whether by sheer coincidence or by believing it work, there are people who claim it working. It may sounds cliché or idiot, but I know a girl who knows a man that says he had a charm on him dispelled, and he noticed the effects. Now, I don't believe it either, but if it happens, I can't deny it happening, as I don't know everything of this world[/QUOTE]

I just look at suicide rates, and I think that these seriously do not work.
__________________
I am currently trying to think of something witty and original to put in my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Pokol DaErran's Avatar
Pokol DaErran Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: To the Batcave!
Posts: 1,288
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

Well, the problem with fanatics in general is that they're always assuming whatever their interpretation of its religion says is superior to everything else, and therefore that they is always right.

The other problem with fanatics is that they keeps trying to impose their views onto reality.

So, yeah. This isn't going to stop happening anytime soon, especially if people are willing to volunteer themselves for it; but if they're forced into it, that's assault, not a religious function.
__________________
98% of teens won't post irritating religious fads in their signatures. If you're in that 98%, please continue to do nothing.

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Willow's Avatar
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 877
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post
Link: http://news.aol.com/article/gay-exor...video%2F542577
The article explains it so I won't.

Well, I don't really like it, but the boy did choose to have it done, so it's his choice so But there has been cases when people try to force people to have it which is wrong, and most people will think the same way. Idk, there could be "homosexual demons" out there, but I still think this is wrong.

This comment pretty much explains my view on this:


So discuss.
These things could never work. If there was a "demon" ot did it job and left. People might be born with it, or they might get it from some way their life turned out molding them that way. Whatever the case they are gay now and need to be love.

Since we are on the subject of gay. I hate how some gays thinkthey can just have unsafe intercorse with anyone because they can't get pregnant. what we need is a gay health class availible to teach these kids not make then feel dirty and need to hide. they need to be taught to be safe like everyone else does.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-18-2009, 03:27 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokol DaErran View Post
Well, the problem with fanatics in general is that they're always assuming whatever their interpretation of its religion says is superior to everything else, and therefore that they is always right.

The other problem with fanatics is that they keeps trying to impose their views onto reality.

So, yeah. This isn't going to stop happening anytime soon, especially if people are willing to volunteer themselves for it; but if they're forced into it, that's assault, not a religious function.
Every religion has its fanatics. That can't be helped. But we can at least try to convince them that behaving like such is wrong, and explain it to them. It may not always work, but it;s the best we can do.

These exorcisms are just not right, even if those that undergo it had volunteered. But these are especially wrong if the exorcism is forced. The trauma can drive them insane, if it doesn't kill them first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugoix View Post
These things could never work. If there was a "demon" ot did it job and left. People might be born with it, or they might get it from some way their life turned out molding them that way. Whatever the case they are gay now and need to be love.

Since we are on the subject of gay. I hate how some gays thinkthey can just have unsafe intercorse with anyone because they can't get pregnant. what we need is a gay health class availible to teach these kids not make then feel dirty and need to hide. they need to be taught to be safe like everyone else does.
If they haven't learned about sexually transmitted diseases and how they can get it easily. After all, AIDS used to be looked at as a homosexual's disease or something.

Demon? No, homosexuality is natural, just like left-handedness.
__________________
What's a "signature"?

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 07-21-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Error in phrase
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-18-2009, 03:31 AM
Willow's Avatar
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 877
Default Re: Gay Exorcism O.o

Lol. I was just using their word. I was making an anaolgy. plus I think it is both a predisposition and enviromental thing, but either way it is uncontrollable and can't be exercised out, or changed.

I was just saying I think they should be taught and accepted otherwise you could go crazy. and hurt yourself or others.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com