Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 04:18 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Handedness of characters

I've been wondering. Would Ash be left- or right-handed? And also about others as well (I'd like to know mostly about the main characters though). :X

I haven't compiled any proof about anyone though.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:20 AM
Sakuya_Izayoi Offline

Default Re: Handedness of characters

Honestly, I don't know which hand, but Ash is probably right-handed.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:29 AM
The Politoed Hunter Offline
Banned

According to something I read, the heroes are always left handed.

Also, iirc, Ash threw his Pokeball in his left hand in the first series.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Politoed Hunter View Post

But didn't people used to believe left-handed people were followers of the devil?

Based on this logic, I'd say the protagonists are probably right-handed, whereas the villians are left. Only rational guess I could think of.

Does this thread even promote any discussion? :s
Old 07-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Politoed Hunter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

But didn't people used to believe left-handed people were followers of the devil?

Based on this logic, I'd say the protagonists are probably right-handed, whereas the villians are left. Only rational guess I could think of.

Does that mean Ash follows the Devil?

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Old 07-11-2009, 07:01 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:

not followers of the devil, only not favoured by God (that's the origin of the term "right hand" for important subordinates). Plus, since most people are right handed, left handed were seen as different, weird (that's the origin of the word "sinister", which meant left handed, but in english language it means creepy or weird)

Honestly I haven't paid attention to this matter. Now that I think of it, I think I remember Ash throwing Pokeball with his left hand. Then again, I'm left-handed, so I may be biased

About your discussion bit, what's to discuss about the "handedness" of a person? It's just a fact, you can't find counter prooves on it- unless the people who do the show are idiots and keep forgetting who uses which hand.

And anyway, there' the Other: Discussion for discussions.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.

Last edited by DarkGardevoir; 07-11-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo

Quote:

Though ash is probably right-handed, I think that Barack Obama is left-handed. He's been a good president so far, though.

I'd say that most of the characters are right-handed, since that's the norm. :S Not sure if this promotes much discussion is I.
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:30 AM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
not followers of the devil, only not favoured by God (that's the origin of the term "right hand" for important subordinates). Plus, since most people are right handed, left handed were seen as different, weird (that's the origin of the word "sinister", which meant left handed, but in english language it means creepy or weird)

Honestly I haven't paid attention to this matter. Now that I think of it, I think I remember Ash throwing Pokeball with his left hand. Then again, I'm left-handed, so I may be biased

About your discussion bit, what's to discuss about the "handedness" of a person? It's just a fact, you can't find counter prooves on it- unless the people who do the show are idiots and keep forgetting who uses which hand.

And anyway, there' the Other: Discussion for discussions.
it was because that was the hand you were trained to wipe your butt with so to be left handed was to favor the dirty hand.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:30 AM
KurtMucro Offline
New Trainer

Quote:

All handheld game protagonists untill Generation 5 are left-handed, Gens 1 & 2 proven in the remakes (with the exception of Kris, who is of unknown dexterity). look next time you battle, and the protagonists you battle with are left-handed as well. This is most likely due to it being easier to animate from the angle they are shown at during battles. Also, the villian Ariana is shown holding her pokeball with her RIGHT hand, meaning she is right-handed. This is supported because on trainer cards, the hero has the ball in their LEFT hand, at least for guys, if they have it at all. The only reason I really know is because I have been looking for left-handed protagonists ever since I found that Link is left-handed in non-wii games. If Ash isn't left handed, Red, the REAL best trainer ever is. :D another case solved.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Skylands Offline

Something tells me Ash needs to be 'unique' and be the only left-handed character in the anime.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya Offline

Talking Re: Handedness of characters

I'm right handed. I have nothing against "lefties." I have a brother and sister who are left handed. Besides, aren't left handed people more artistic or intellectual or something than "righties?" Right handed folks may be at a disadvantage, I think. Coincidentally, I have been trying to train myself to write left handed.

Back on topic: I never noticed which hand Ash used to be honest.
Formerly Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya. I turned to the light side so I could be of better use to the community. I'm a Jedi Knight. My character's name is Goen-Tog Etya. First name, Goen-Tog (pronounced: Go-in, Tahg.) Last name Etya, (pronounced, et-yah). Play on words for "goin' ta get ya." You can either call me "Goen-Tog" or "Master Etya." LOL. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya; 11-21-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: more info.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Disco Offline

This says right hand, a-yup.

LOL sinister. I'm sinister. >: D hurhurhur fear the wrath of my LEFT HAND POWERS.
Such silly misconceptions. -bats hands girlishly-

Last edited by Disco; 12-14-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

There is a 78% chance that Ash and friends are right-handed and a 22% chance they are left-handed. Since the percentage of the amount of right and left-handed people, for some odd reason, always stays the same no matter how large the human population of Earth may be, (genes are a weird thing aren't they?) I would say he and his friends are right-handed since there is a larger chance that they are and until proven otherwise, I will think that way.

It seems that television characters are ambidextrous, for the same reason they always wear the same clothes. So they do not confuse the small children watching, plus who pays attention to such detail. Asking a question like that is like asking where and when Ash and friends take a crap.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:35 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

Please don't revive old threads you guys.

*clawed*

=^^= Nya