Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 06-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdra View Post
I'm a boy, but lets be honest. Misty leaving was epic fail. She should come back right like now
Her staying on WOULDN'T HAVE MADE ANYTHING BETTER. AT ALL. The anime was already starting to fail when she left. Just because it became obvious after she left DOES NOT MEAN HER DEPARTURE WAS THE CAUSE OF IT. Had she stayed on, you'd have a different thought instead. -_-[/RANT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic Nero View Post


Like a surfing contest with Water Pokemon!
How many of those will we have? >:O We need a LOT of them to work. Too many is not realistic or feasible.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-23-2009, 02:54 AM
Sakura's Avatar
Sakura Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: :D
Posts: 15
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

Honestly, I really wish Brendan (Yuuki/Ruby) would have had a big role as maybe Ash's rival in the Hoenn region. I was so mad when I saw Drew giving May the hots instead of Brendan too. =P

The episodes also need to stop being so redundant. The same thing happens, all the time, just a little different.

And honestly isn't Ash like... 20 by now?

Misty getting replaced by PokeSpec/game girls is getting a little annoying too, because their personalities are changed so much, and it's just weird. Whatever girl comes next in the PokeSpec/game series is going to replace Dawn (Pearl), and it is just going to start over again.

And I do hate how Ash changes is Pokemon all the time, even though it does show the region's flair. Oh and where did Butterfree go?! He said they'd meet again, and to my understanding, they haven't.

One last note, why is Pikachu a beast and can knock out any Pokemon? I was re-watching the First Movie and there Pikachu goes, knocking out a Golem with thunder!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-23-2009, 08:45 AM
hivemind Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 43
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

I wish bad things to Ash...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Niro's Avatar
Niro Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, Fl
Posts: 838
Send a message via AIM to Niro Send a message via MSN to Niro
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
Honestly, I really wish Brendan (Yuuki/Ruby) would have had a big role as maybe Ash's rival in the Hoenn region. I was so mad when I saw Drew giving May the hots instead of Brendan too. =P

The episodes also need to stop being so redundant. The same thing happens, all the time, just a little different.

And honestly isn't Ash like... 20 by now?

Misty getting replaced by PokeSpec/game girls is getting a little annoying too, because their personalities are changed so much, and it's just weird. Whatever girl comes next in the PokeSpec/game series is going to replace Dawn (Pearl), and it is just going to start over again.

And I do hate how Ash changes is Pokemon all the time, even though it does show the region's flair. Oh and where did Butterfree go?! He said they'd meet again, and to my understanding, they haven't.

One last note, why is Pikachu a beast and can knock out any Pokemon? I was re-watching the First Movie and there Pikachu goes, knocking out a Golem with thunder!
He said the same thing to his Pigeot ;_; But yeah, they need to make it more based towards the teens. Little kids have Nick and Noggin or w/e for themselves. The channels that themselves that host the series are too childish nowadays also.
__________________
White FC:
Gold FC: 3138 8184 9288

"A true man never frets about his place in the world, but just slides into it by the gravitation of his nature, and swings there as easily as a star." Credit to Gemma for avvie.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-24-2009, 05:40 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
And honestly isn't Ash like... 20 by now?
Nope, he's 12 to 14. IT DOES NOT GO BY THE REAL WORLD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
Misty getting replaced by PokeSpec/game girls is getting a little annoying too, because their personalities are changed so much, and it's just weird. Whatever girl comes next in the PokeSpec/game series is going to replace Dawn (Pearl), and it is just going to start over again.
Give them feedback then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
And I do hate how Ash changes is Pokemon all the time, even though it does show the region's flair. Oh and where did Butterfree go?! He said they'd meet again, and to my understanding, they haven't.
How else do you show the region's flair? =O

And don't worry, Ash and Butterfree will eventually meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
One last note, why is Pikachu a beast and can knock out any Pokemon? I was re-watching the First Movie and there Pikachu goes, knocking out a Golem with thunder!
Because. And note that:
1. It has never defeated any Pokemon belonging to Gary, Ash's first ever Pokemon rival we see.
2. It has never single-handedly defeated an Elekid, Electabuzz or Electivire.

Don't worry. It does sometime lose to opponents other than those mentioned above. It's just the protagonist stereotype. Or whatever it's called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niro View Post
He said the same thing to his Pigeot ;_; But yeah, they need to make it more based towards the teens. Little kids have Nick and Noggin or w/e for themselves. The channels that themselves that host the series are too childish nowadays also.
It is intended for kids, not for teens, after all. :| You'll have a hard time convincing them.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Dark Salamence's Avatar
Dark Salamence Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,168
Send a message via AIM to Dark Salamence Send a message via MSN to Dark Salamence
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

I have quite a few things. Firstly, I want someone to capture a Charmander or have a episode centered around it. Since it evolved pretty quickly, Squirtle and Bulbasaur began to take the spotlight away from Charmander. May caught both a Bulbasaur and a Squirtle, but no-one caught a Charmander. Obviously May wouldn't have, because of Blaziken but I wish that someone could have.

Also, I want Team Rocket to capture Pikachu. I've had enough of Pikachu, plus, he's really starting to annoy me now. He was better in the earlier episodes. Team Rocket are my favourite characters, especially Meowth and they don't seem to be getting much of a role anymore.

Lastly, I want the old english voices back, especially Meowth. (Unfortunately though, Meowth's old voice actress is dead so that won't be happening.)

Yeah, I know mine are highly unlikely but this is just want I want to happen.

-Elana-
__________________


TwitterTumblrDeviantart
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Salamence View Post
I have quite a few things. Firstly, I want someone to capture a Charmander or have a episode centered around it. Since it evolved pretty quickly, Squirtle and Bulbasaur began to take the spotlight away from Charmander. May caught both a Bulbasaur and a Squirtle, but no-one caught a Charmander. Obviously May wouldn't have, because of Blaziken but I wish that someone could have.
Most likely not now. Wait for another Kanto remake, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Salamence View Post
Also, I want Team Rocket to capture Pikachu. I've had enough of Pikachu, plus, he's really starting to annoy me now. He was better in the earlier episodes. Team Rocket are my favourite characters, especially Meowth and they don't seem to be getting much of a role anymore.
Lol, Ash and Pikachu are the trademarks of the anime. You might want to give up on that thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Salamence View Post
Lastly, I want the old english voices back, especially Meowth. (Unfortunately though, Meowth's old voice actress is dead so that won't be happening.)
Never noticed the change. =O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Salamence View Post
Yeah, I know mine are highly unlikely but this is just want I want to happen.

-Elana-[/SIZE]
At least you acknowleged that. Unlike some others...

Wait, who again?
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Master Zorua's Avatar
Master Zorua Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where you least expect me to be...
Posts: 2,612
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

For one, I'd like to see the old Jame's voice back. Secondly, go back to openings like Battle Frontier and lose the over-the-top corniness. I mean explosions in the background wheneverRorik's dad sent his moves? Even children are going WTF?! The series in my opinion was great before Sinnoh. Ever since then things are all over-the-top and borish. The animators really need a smack upside the head and snapped back into reality and actually listen to what the fans want for a change.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-27-2009, 03:53 AM
Kendo's Avatar
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,792
Send a message via AIM to Kendo
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

- Don't make the Pokemon glow during every attack. They say "Use Scratch!" and then their freaking claws start glowing. What!?

- Be interesting. If you're gonna make fillers, make them interestng.

- Get better voice actors. Ash actually sounded better with a gritty voice, and the voices of Riley and Barry are...no. Just no.

- Bring Misty back PERMANENTLY, for Pete's sake!

BUT I bet this stuff will NEVER happen...sigh.
__________________
A very dumb story. Go read it.
~Kendo
Join my RPG...
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
- Don't make the Pokemon glow during every attack. They say "Use Scratch!" and then their freaking claws start glowing. What!? The target audience is kids. If it glows, it tells the children that the Pokemon are concentrating their power in the glowing area to prepare for an attack.

- Be interesting. If you're gonna make fillers, make them interestng. They're as interesting as before, and they will be as interesting as they are now. -_-

- Get better voice actors. Ash actually sounded better with a gritty voice, and the voices of Riley and Barry are...no. Just no. This might actually happen, but quite unlikely.

- Bring Misty back PERMANENTLY, for Pete's sake! One, we've moved on, and two, bringing her back, permanently or not, won't help the anime one bit. In fact, it'll baffle the poor kids. The target audience.

BUT I bet this stuff will NEVER happen...sigh.
And you'll find it safe to stake your live savings on it never happening. :3
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Charmander009's Avatar
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celestia Region
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

Hmm, i don't watch cartoons anymore. But i think that Ash should grow up! And they should have a new main character. And why does Ash get to meet all the Legendary Pokemon? There should be new characters and new stories, that's all i got to say.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Master Zorua's Avatar
Master Zorua Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where you least expect me to be...
Posts: 2,612
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Hmm, i don't watch cartoons anymore. But i think that Ash should grow up! And they should have a new main character. And why does Ash get to meet all the Legendary Pokemon? There should be new characters and new stories, that's all i got to say.
Indeed. That's what they did with Yu-Gi-Oh!, made new storylines, new characters, and so far things are still fresh and interesting, whereas the pokemon cartoon seems to just rehash everything, including plots. They need to just have Ash win, become Champion of some region, then fast forward in time and follow the exploits of another trainer, maybe a boy from Hoenn or something, or perhaps forward it futher and have a grittier storyline like an oppressive government seeking to capture and control all of the legendaries. I know they have it in them. The first pokemon movie was as gritty and dark as pokemon plots get. If they could start putting that kind of intensity and mild humor into a new pokemon series, the popularity could skyrocket.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-29-2009, 05:00 AM
Pokemon Ultimatum's Avatar
Pokemon Ultimatum Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The land of cotton
Posts: 187
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

yay that would be cool if they did that>another thing I wish is that paul would be in the next region and that him and gary would apear in one of the movies.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Giratina's Avatar
Giratina Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Never-Turn-Back, pestering Zero
Posts: 2,673
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

I think with the new thing they might be afraid of the people who still really like Ash. If they could include him as a mentor of sorts in a fast-future new series that would probably make a good compromise - Ash is still in it, but we focus on a new character who hopefully got better character development than he did. It's what happened with Kaiba in GX, wasn't it?
__________________

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Operative's Avatar
Operative Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 5,862
Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: what do you wish of happening in the pokemon anime?

I want Ash to finally get a girlfriend. :\

Preferably Misty.
__________________

|thedynamicduo|
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com