Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 06-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Individual RP: Yoda

Note: Yoda, when you post, please include the genders and Natures of your Pokemon.

///

It’s a relatively slow afternoon when Ranger Jess heads into the Registration Office. She’s only taken a few Trainers through so far and is feeling rather bored. She hates slow days; she’d much rather be out in the Park, meeting the various Pokemon and helping Trainers attain new teammates.

Thus, it’s no surprise that she’s happy when she spots a young man standing by the counter. Grinning like a crazy lady, Jess hurries to the counter and scans the sign-in sheet…yes! There’s only one new name on it since the last time she checked. She quickly scans the information, then looks up at the Trainer and grins even more, if it’s possible. The young woman looks absolutely nuts.

“Hello there! You must be Sam, right? My name is Jess and I’ll be your Ranger for today. Now this says you’re bringing your Scizor and your Donphan. If you’re sure about that then I’ll just find out where we’ll be going today…” As she speaks, Ranger Jess boots up a die-rolling program. “I’m sure you noticed the sign in the window that says we’re taking Trainers to random areas, since you didn’t specify an area on the sheet there,” she adds. Once the die-rolling program comes up with a number, Jess nods a few times. The motion causes her short mahogany hair to bounce around and fall into her sharp emerald eyes. “According to this, we’ll be hitting Mount Oktori this afternoon. I hope you brought some warm clothes, since it can get pretty cold there. We’ll get to wear big spiffy coats and cold-proof rubber insulation over our shoes, though, so no worries.”

Jess breaks out said gear; the coats completely cover both of them, have hoods, and are made of thick, warm black material. The insulation for their shoes is made from clay-red rubber that’s made for gripping slippery ice. Ranger Jess waves for Sam to follow her out the Registration Office to a small parking lot several yards away. In the lot there are small vehicles that look like golf carts parked in neat rows. They are cream colored with the National Park’s logo on both sides; a PokeBall with a white block letter “N” on the top and a red block letter “P” on the bottom. Jess tosses the coats and shoe coverings in the cramped backseat, then hops in the driver’s seat and waits until Sam has gotten in. She then drives them to Mount Oktori, which likes about twenty minutes away. It’s not long before the mountain juts up in the distance, the stone of it a lovely slate-gray. As they get closer, the grassy turf starts to thin, then vanishes altogether as ice covers the ground. Snow-covered bushes sprout from the ground here and there, and a cold wind blows almost constantly from the direction of the mountain.

A few minutes later, Jess parks the cart and gets out. She hastily puts on the coat over her tan silk blouse and black cotton slacks, then puts on the rubber insulation over her brown leather walking boots. She nods to the remaining gear.

“You might wanna hurry and put that stuff on,” the Ranger calls over the blowing wind. While she waits for Sam to get ready, she inspects the mountain stretched before her. About a third of the way up, the entire thing becomes snowy and icy. The path is wide, but strewn with pieces of rime-covered stone. It’ll be tricky going once they get so far up, but for the most part they’ll be moving around inside the mountain and not outside of it. A particularly cold blast of wind makes Jess pull her hood up with a shiver.

‘This is one area I could do without,’ she thinks with a sigh, shaking her head and giving the cold area in general a fierce stare.

///

Trainer Stats:

Trainer: Sam (Yoda)

Money: 0,500

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining: 15

Pokemon Stats:
-Scizor (MT Bullet Punch/MT Super Power/TM Substitute/TM Swords Dance/TM Aerial Ace, Technician Ability) 100%
-Donphan (TM Gyro Ball/TM Stone Edge/BM Ice Shard/MT Seed Bomb/MT Superpower/BM Body Slam, Sturdy Ability) 100%

Total Items: x10 Park Balls ; x5 Hyper Balls

Total Captured Pokemon: n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55
Default Re: Individual RP: Yoda

"Yup, that’s right I'm Sam," I grumbled. Sam's parents had made him come here. Sam's dad used to be the model Pokémon Trainer, and wanted him to "have fun" here. I had different thoughts.

"Ok well I hope I get a good terrain," I said trying my hardest to smile after she told him about the die-rolling program.

"Ah, Mt. Oktori eh," I said trying to sound excited. "I heard that place is kind of rocky. Do you mind if I send out my Donphan to flatten the road a bit? Don't worry she's a good girl. A bit Timid though."

I put on my winter clothes feeling like an idiot. That clothes must have weighed at least twenty pounds! I sent out my mischievous male Scizor. He was always very Bold. "Can you use your Super Power to make me lose twenty," I asked. He nodded no, and hit me. "Ouch that wasn't very nice," I scolded the Pokémon. "I wonder if things can get worse I mumbled.

I saw my Ranger Jess shiver. I could easily tell she didn't want to be here much either.

We traveled along the mountain. I wonder what Pokémon we would encounter…

^ ^
Click

Last edited by Yoda55; 06-16-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

"Ah, Mt. Oktori eh," Sam said, not sounding very enthusiastic. Jess didn’t know why, but she suspected it had something to do with the frigid environment. Even hardy, happy-go-lucky Trainers tended to get irritable when they came to this area. Most people just didn’t like the cold, and Jess couldn’t blame them. She wasn’t a big fan of it. "I heard that place is kind of rocky. Do you mind if I send out my Donphan to flatten the road a bit? Don't worry, she's a good girl. A bit timid, though."

“Hmmm, I suppose she could help us clear away the rocks while we go up the trail, and she might be able to help move the larger stones that litter the ground inside the mountain,” the Ranger answered after a moment’s consideration. “She probably won’t like the chilly weather much, though, so it’d be best if she weren’t out for long.”

As she spoke, Jess watched Sam put on the cold-weather gear. He looked rather displeased with the whole situation, and for a brief moment Jess thought about leading the young man back to Registration Office. She quickly discarded that thought, though. There were all sorts of neat Pokemon here, and she’d be robbing Sam of a chance to see and maybe even catch a few if she took him back now.

Once he’d put the coat and show-insulators on, Sam sent out his Scizor, asking, "Can you use your Super Power to make me lose twenty?" The steel insect shook his head and used a powerful pincher to smack his Trainer. Jess flinched at the impact, uncertain whether the blow had been playful or more serious. "Ouch, that wasn't very nice," Sam said in a voice unmistakable used for scolding. Jess scowled just a little, wondering if her charge had made the right choice in bringing the fiery-tempered bug. "I wonder if things can get worse,” he muttered. Jess sighed again before turning to the mountain and waving for the two to follow her.

They barely got ten steps before something came tearing out of one of the shallow caves that dot the mountain’s base. These caves only extend a few feet into the mountain and aren’t of any interest, so Jess was startled to see something coming out of one. When the figure stopped running, they could see it was a Glaceon. The fox had ice-blue fur and long, slender ears. Thick curls of dark teal fur rested upon its forehead and two long, thick braids of it hung down, framing the sides of its face. It had a long tail that’s roughly shaped like a diamond, and it’s bright brown eyes shone with aggressiveness as the Pokemon took a stiff-legged stance a few feet away from the group.

“Gla glace!” the Pokemon barked at them. It clearly didn't want to let them pass. Jess eyed the ice-fox, then glanced at Sam and his Scizor.

“I doubt it’s going to let us go by, so you must as well see if you can’t capture it,” she said, ready to release one of her own Pokemon if case things got ugly.

///

Trainer Stats:

Trainer: Sam

Area Effects:

Pokemon Stats:
-Bold Male Scizor (MT Bullet Punch/MT Super Power/TM Substitute/TM Swords Dance/TM Aerial Ace, Technician Ability) 100% <Currently out of Ball>
-Timid Female Donphan (TM Gyro Ball/TM Stone Edge/BM Ice Shard/MT Seed Bomb/MT Superpower/BM Body Slam, Sturdy Ability) 100%

///

Just so you know, Scizor learns Swords Dance via level-up, so you can put it on another Mon. Also, since Scizor gets Bullet Punch now via level-up, I think you can replace it with another BM/MT/SM. Check the Daycare to make sure, though.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I stared at the Glaceon. I had been expecting something common like a Machop or something. But my father wanted to make him "proud" and catch a Pokemon. Out of pure loyalty I sent out Scizor. I did not want to do this at all.

Scizor on the other hand looked really excited as it saw the Glaceon. He was my dad's starter Pokemon, and had a lot of him in it.

"Let's see what a Super Power can do," I yelled at the red Pokemon.

Scizor's claw turned gray, and he launched himself at Glaceon...

Note: On the URPG calcuator I can't seem to find Glaceon...

^ ^
Click

Last edited by Yoda55; 06-17-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Keep in mind that the Base Powers of attacks are altered depending on your posts. The damage you'll get will be drastically different from what's going to actually happen.

///

IC: Most people would have probably been excited to run into such a rare Pokemon like a Glaceon right off the bat, but Sam looked like he'd rather be doing anything else but battling. He stared at the Glaceon, which growled softly, before he sent his Scizor to face off against the ice-fox. Scizor, unlike Sam, looked eager to get things started. Jess smiled a little at the bug's enthusiasm as Sam ordered, "Let's see what a Super Power can do."

Scizor's left pincher lifted as it turned gray, gathering and focusing his strength in the appendage. Then he suddenly leapt at Glaceon, who narrowed its eyes as it watched the red mantis coming at it. At the last moment, Glaceon leapt into the air and sailed over Scizor's head, opening its jaws and exhaling an Icy Wind at the insect under it. The chilly breath formed dozens of small ice crystals, which got caught in the breath and would do added damage if the attack hit. Meanwhile, Scizor was staggering forward, the unspent momentum of his attack driving him. Jess couldn't be sure if the Pokemon would recover in time to dodge or somehow counter Glaceon's attack.

///

Battle Statistics:

FIRST ENCOUNTER

-Scizor: 100%
-Glaceon: 100%

///

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:

Pokemon Stats:
-Bold Male Scizor (MT Bullet Punch/MT Super Power/TM Substitute/TM Swords Dance/TM Aerial Ace, Technician Ability) 100% <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>
-Timid Female Donphan (TM Gyro Ball/TM Stone Edge/BM Ice Shard/MT Seed Bomb/MT Superpower/BM Body Slam, Sturdy Ability) 100%

///

OOC: Remember, describe your posts like you would a story, and get creative with what you do! That way your attacks and other such actions will have better results.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Things were not going at all as I expected. My dad had talked very highly of his Scizor so I was very surprised on what had just happened.

But then I noticed old mantis shakeing it off like nothing had happened. My dad would want me to be like that, but most of the time I was not.

"We'll use another Super Power!" I yelled at the bloody-red bug.

This time the bold mantis was more careful.

I could see the bug burning, but it wasn't on fire. Burning with energy. I wonder if that's how a Scizor uses his Super Power? Scizor had it's scarlet pinsers ready when Glaceon was about to attack him...

^ ^
Click
Old 06-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: I’m going to start listing penalties so you can see exactly what you need to work on. That way you can work towards improving your posts ^^.

///

Penalties-

1: Lack of description of how Scizor executed its attack
(You don’t just want to say the name of the attack and give a one-sentence description on how it’s being carried out. Did Scizor lunge at Glaceon with determination, or did it recklessly fling itself at its foe? These sorts of things will help your attacks be more effective)

2: Scizor didn’t try to defend itself from Glaceon’s Icy Wind
(Bold Pokemon are less liable to dodge an attack, so you did good there, but they will attempt to shield themselves from an incoming attack in some manner. You could have said Scizor crossed its pinchers over its face and chest to protect it from the brunt of Glaceon’s attack, which was aimed at Scizor’s head. If you don’t describe your Pokemon trying to defend themselves from attacks, they’ll end up taking more damage)

///

IC: Scizor finally managed to come to a stop, acting like nothing was wrong. As it turned, Sam called out, "We'll use another Super Power!" Scizor’s pincher started to glow brightly again, and this time the glow spread to the entire Pokemon’s body. It was obvious the mantis wanted to prove how strong he was, but just as he raised his pinchers, Glaceon’s Icy Wind attack washed over his head and upper body. Instantly the icy chill of the attack affected Scizor; while his steely exoskeleton allowed him to take a small of damage from the Ice move, the cold was fierce enough to cut right through the bug’s tough hide and affect his speed.

“Glace!” Glaceon barked as it landed, pirouetting on a paw and facing Scizor as the bug shivered from the cold. Despite his lowered speed, Scizor was determined to hit the Glaceon with his awesome Super Power. Growling, the mantis jumped towards Glaceon and swung both pinchers at the ice-fox, catching it off-guard. Scizor’s bold head-on attack proved to be a good idea, as Glaceon was surprised by the insect’s assault. It let out a snarl and tried to jump back, but Scizor’s pinchers managed to catch it across the chest. Glaceon was tossed back a few feet, landing on its paws and looking like its HP had taken a bit of a blow

“Keep it up!” Jess encouraged both Scizor and Sam. “Press your attack, but don’t just stand there and let your foe’s attacks hit you! If you can’t dodge, defend yourself or use a counterattack to lessen the amount of hit points you lose!”

Meanwhile, Glaceon completely ignored Jess and Sam, focusing all its attention on the Scizor that had struck it. Growling faintly, the ice-fox decided to try a long-distance attack. It inhaled deeply, held the breath for a moment, then blew it out as a thick, jagged stream of crystal-blue ice. The Ice Beam tore through the air, bearing down on Scizor with insane speed. There would only be a few seconds to react…

///

Battle Statistics:

FIRST ENCOUNTER

Scizor: 86.91% (Speed lowered)
Glaceon: 67.96%

///

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:

Pokemon Stats:
-Bold Male Scizor (MT Bullet Punch/MT Super Power/TM Substitute/TM Swords Dance/TM Aerial Ace, Technician Ability) 86.91% (Speed lowered) <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>

///

OOC: Since Scizor’s Speed has been lowered, it will take longer to move. This will mean its attacks won’t be as powerful and it will be slower in evading moves or defending itself from them.

Another note: remember that you’re trying to weaken the Pokemon enough to catch, not knock them out. Using strong moves when the target has full health is fine, but if you keep using high-power moves, you might end up knocking the Pokemon out and thus be unable to catch it.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I looked out on the battlefield, and noticed that Scizor had been slowed down. I had also noticed that a few rain clouds had formed over the sun, making it so dark it was like night. I then had the perfect idea for a move.

"Night Slash," I barked to the slowed-down bug. "Also, wait for Glaceon to make the first move. When the move comes at you dodge to one side, and then use the attack!"

Scizors pinsirs the turned Black, and when I looked at them I felf like my life was drained out of me.

"I hiope this works," I muttered to myself.

^ ^
Click
Old 06-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Penalties:

1) Glaceon had already made its move; telling Scizor to wait until Glaceon had attacked is therefore in conflict with what’s going on now

///

IC: Jess noticed that it was beginning to become dark rather rapidly and looked up with a scowl. What she saw were thick gray clouds moving over the sun and obscuring the light. It quickly grew as dark as night, and now it was hard to tell in whose favor the battle would go. Neither combatants had advanced night vision, after all.

"Night Slash," Sam suddenly ordered his Pokemon. "Also, wait for Glaceon to make the first move. When the move comes at you dodge to one side, and then use the attack!" Unfortunately, this command only confused Scizor. Glaceon’s Ice Beam was mere seconds from hitting him; was he supposed to dodge this attack or the next one? Luckily, the mantis decided to ere on the side of caution, throwing himself to the left. Despite his lowered speed, he managed to avoid taking the brunt of the attack. Instead of getting hit in the chest, the attack only clipped his left wing.

Scizor’s pinchers then started to glow black, becoming as inky as the temporary darkness. Without waiting, the red-bodied insect charged forward. Glaceon, not expecting its foe to dodge its attack or recover so quickly, was completely taken aback by Scizor’s full-on attack. However, it quickly snapped out of its shock and made to jump over the attack. Since it was slower than Scizor it easily made the jump, but then Scizor swung its pinchers upwards instead of forward, hitting Glaceon in the stomach. It was only a parting blow, but it seemed to be enough for Glaceon. Yelping as it landed, the ice-fox pelted off and vanished around a turn in the path farther up.

“Oh,” Jess said with a blink. “Maybe it was only trying to make sure you’re strong enough to go up the mountain. Now that I think about it, I remember hearing something about a group of Glaceon that have been testing Trainers coming here lately. This is the first time I’ve been here since I started hearing the rumors; I guess it’s true. You know, we might be running into more of them the higher we go, and I bet they’ll be tougher to chase off than that one.” She grinned a little, then shivered. “At any rate, let’s get going. The sooner we head into the cave network, the sooner we can get out of this horrid cold.”

///

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining: 14

Pokemon Stats:
-Bold Male Scizor (MT Bullet Punch/MT Super Power/TM Substitute/TM Swords Dance/TM Aerial Ace, Technician Ability) Scizor: 77.32% (Speed lowered) <Currently out of Ball>

Total Pokemon Encountered:
-First Encounter: Serious Female Glaceon (Snow Cloak Ability) 59.88%

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

OOC:Wait, I'm a bit confused, the Glaceon fled?

*Post pending.

Ok thanks T-Tar Trainer.

IC: "Aw, pity," I mumbled trying not to sound sarcastic. "Well should we try to camp around here," I asked. "If we hike around here maybe we'll run into the Glaceon again, and some other Pokemon."

"Again this is up to you. I don't really care where we hike," I muttered.

^ ^
Click

Last edited by Yoda55; 06-21-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda55 View Post
Wait, I'm a bit confused, the Glaceon fled?

*Post pending.
OOC: Yes, Wild Pokemon are capable of fleeing, depending on a number of things. However, you'll notice at the bottom of my last post that I included Glaceon's current HP. It's always possible to relocate a Mon that has run away.

^Rock Musical Bleach^