Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig
Default Pokemon Video Game Championships

Well, I'm sure you probably already know this, but Nintendo will be hosting a pokemon tournament for those who have purchased the Pokemon Platinum video game which comes out on March 22nd.
So far they've revealed it will be a 4 vs. 4 tournament, Level 50 All Double Battle rules, so just like PBR wi-fi. They haven't said much else though, apart from that it will be held throughout the United States, and where the invitational round and National Championship will be held. (and dates) Don't worry all you people in Europe, they will be holding a tournament there too, as well as in Japan.
They say more info will be coming in the next few weeks (as announced 2/20/09), so there should be new information coming in the next week or so.
But are you going to participate in the tournament? If so, what pokemon are you thinking of using? I am going to be using either one of my Trick Room teams, or my Rain Dance team. I'll have to do some vigorous testing on PBR wi-fi until the tournament to see which one I want to use, but hopefully I can make it to the invitational in St. Louis.
More information can be found here: http://www.pokemon.com/#news_/XML/news_354.xml

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 03-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Misa Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon Video Game Championships

Regarding to the pokemon video game championships, is it an on-line tournament or do we have to go to where the tournament is in order to participate?

If it's the latter, it's not worth it to purchase all of the ADV and DP games in order to participate, especially if you're going to lose anyways.

Sig made by me <3
DS Friend code: 0388 0422 8434
Wii friend code:

I'm up for any battles, but I also do uber battles as well, whether it be singles or doubles.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa View Post
Regarding to the pokemon video game championships, is it an on-line tournament or do we have to go to where the tournament is in order to participate?

If it's the latter, it's not worth it to purchase all of the ADV and DP games in order to participate, especially if you're going to lose anyways.
I believe it is the latter. You don't have to buy a bunch of games though, you just need a copy of Platinum.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 03-13-2009, 08:49 PM
The Politoed Hunter Offline
Banned

I probably won't be paticipating, but if I did, I would know exactly what team to use ;P
Old 03-29-2009, 12:52 AM
theajshow Offline

Well, I'm excited for it and plan on participating if I can.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

I really wish it wasn't double battles I'm not to familiar with those but who knows maybe I'll check it out and possibly try my hand at it.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 04-10-2009, 04:46 PM
theajshow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
I really wish it wasn't double battles I'm not to familiar with those but who knows maybe I'll check it out and possibly try my hand at it.
Double battles is a whole different ballgame. There's a different strategy involved, but the basics remain the same. I say go for it. Even if you lose in the first round, it'd be worth it just for the fun of it and meeting with others with the same interests. Oh, and the shiny Milotic too.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:55 AM
Archer Offline
New Trainer

I'm really irritated that they leave Australia out of these events. They allow several European countries to participate, yet they leave us out.

The last proper tournament we had was prior to DP... Yeah, you get the idea.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:23 AM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

The only thing that bothers me about the tournament is the level 50 limit cap. 5 out of 6 Pokemon on my Platinum team are competitive battling staples, all EV trained, all bred for decent IVs, all bred with Egg moves, all bred with a Nature corresponding to what they will excel in, all usable in any type of battle. It's just a matter of training this team of mine to beat the game without reaching over level 50. >.< I'm actually having trouble with the E4 for once...

Double Battles aren't so bad. Can anyone tell me if Earthquake is viable in Double Battles? Are there any good strategies in Double Battling?

Anyhow, I'm going to the Tennessee event. :D If anyone's going there, drop me a quick "Hi".
Old 04-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

I'm sure the simplest and most effective doubles strategy is Explosion. My Favorite is Lickilicky with Scarf, and Drifblim leading, use explode on Licky and sub on Drfblim, then switch out Azelf and explode again, with either drifblim or azelf, or both if I have too. Last slot would be for a decent sweeper to clean up any stragglers.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 PM
theajshow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I'm really irritated that they leave Australia out of these events. They allow several European countries to participate, yet they leave us out.

The last proper tournament we had was prior to DP... Yeah, you get the idea.
That's too bad about Australia, but maybe next time around they'll have you guys involved. The championship last year was just the U.S. and Japan, so they added 3 European countries this year. With that in mind, there's a pretty decent chance they'll give you guys a chance next championship. If they know the interest is there, I'm sure it's possible. Maybe start an e-mail campaign or something. It could work or at least increase the odds of them bringing a championship to Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEND View Post
The only thing that bothers me about the tournament is the level 50 limit cap. 5 out of 6 Pokemon on my Platinum team are competitive battling staples, all EV trained, all bred for decent IVs, all bred with Egg moves, all bred with a Nature corresponding to what they will excel in, all usable in any type of battle. It's just a matter of training this team of mine to beat the game without reaching over level 50. >.< I'm actually having trouble with the E4 for once...

Double Battles aren't so bad. Can anyone tell me if Earthquake is viable in Double Battles? Are there any good strategies in Double Battling?

Anyhow, I'm going to the Tennessee event. :D If anyone's going there, drop me a quick "Hi".
The level 50 cap is a bother for a lot of more serious battlers, but I like it. I think it evens the playing field a bit for all fans of Pokémon. I mean, not all of us can play for hours on end every day. It takes a long time to get pokémon up to level 100. For me, I have pokémon I've trained just for this championship, so I don't use them during normal gameplay. Once you've beaten the game, you can have your pick of where to train your pokémon, so getting them up to level 50 doesn't really take that long. Oh, and good luck at the Tennessee event, I'll be at the Seattle event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
I'm sure the simplest and most effective doubles strategy is Explosion. My Favorite is Lickilicky with Scarf, and Drifblim leading, use explode on Licky and sub on Drfblim, then switch out Azelf and explode again, with either drifblim or azelf, or both if I have too. Last slot would be for a decent sweeper to clean up any stragglers.

Explosion can be a good strategy, but easily countered too. I mean, Ghost type or any pokémon with Protect or Detect would be able to scope out your strategy really quickly. Plus, Explosion gets rid of your own pokémon too, and you can't win if all your pokémon are KO'd! Make sure your sweeper is really good then.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55

There is never any freakin tourney in Illinois

^ ^
Click
Old 04-15-2009, 12:33 AM
theajshow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda55 View Post
There is never any freakin tourney in Illinois
Ironically, before they started having video game championships, I lived in Illinois. Now I'm just 20 minutes from the regional championship that I'm going to. I'm surprised they don't have at least a Chicago-area tourney.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Alienshroom Offline

Sounds like it could be fun.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:08 AM
theajshow Offline

It was a ton of fun. I had a blast. Though I didn't make it to the finals, I still had a great time. If you got an event nearby, I say go to it, even if you don't compete. The one in Seattle was great.

I wrote a little article with some pictures about my progress in the championship.
Check out: http://www.komonews.com/younews/44653122.html