Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: [WAR VIII] WAR VIII Role Play

OOC: Nyurgh, you need a travel post. You can't just go from one place to another like that. Unless you have Celebi. XD Anyways, Neo, I'll let you take care of this Dark Snake Syndrome business.
IC:
Cyril, Alabasta

The invasion started quickly as the Seawing docked. Aqua grunts poured out of its hatches, carrying swords, guns, and all kinds of deadly weapons. Fires were started, and people screamed in agony. People were being killed, raped, and stolen from. It was delicious. The world would know pure terror when Team Aqua pulled up to decimate their land and conquer. However, we were meeting some resistance. The Alabasta army had been mobilized to the outskirts of Cyril from Alubarna. They'd try to work their way in from there to defend the city. I was sure that there would be increased security in Rainbase and Alubarna now.

"Alright, men!" I shouted over the radio, "Work your way to the outskirts and take down the Alabasta Royal Army! Delta and Omega Squads are tasked with holding down Alabasta. Keep the people in check and kill those who rebel." I heard multiple acknowledgments on the radio to my command. Hopefully we'd be able to put down these Alabasta idiots quickly.

I grabbed my Katana and used the hilt to break the window of a car. I then stuck my hand inside and opened the door. I quickly hotwired it and then started to drive towards the outskirts of the city, hoping to command my troops from there.

"Sir, the army has brought in tanks. What do we do?" Captain Chuckington Norrisey asked me over the radio.

"Steal them. If you can't, blow them up with C4s," I commanded. I could see smoke coming from the battle site. I was almost there. Those tanks were going to be a pain in the ass. I put my hand in one of the pockets of my jacket and grabbed a C4 brick I had been lugging around for such an occasion. I grabbed the wheel with my knees and started to set up the C4 on the dashboard. Once I had the remote control detonation set up, I focused on the road once again. I saw a tank in the distance. I snapped the parking break off and used it to keep the wheel steady. I then opened the door and jumped out.

The car crashed into the tank. I pressed the button to explode the C4. The two impacts ripped apart the tank, leaving a smoldering heap behind. Captain Norrisey witnessed my attack and was staring at me with his mouth open.

"That's how its done, Captain."
Old 06-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

OOC:

Yeah what Rust said Nyurgh. YOu need at least one travel post in between locations. I suggest you copy and paste that post into a Word doc and just make a few paragraphs about what you are thinking about or how you are getting there.

IC:

Mina Advent
Team Gurren Lagann
En Route to Cyril, Alabasta

The wind was blowing in Mina's hair as she was on top of her charizard flying high above the skies along with her fellow Team Gurren Lagann members.

The men that came with Mina to help in Alabasta were in two groups. One group was with Mina who were either flying on flying type pokemon or were in one of the two transporter planes. The other group was to follow about ten minute after Mina and her group get there. They were also riding on flying type pokemon and two planes. These transporter planes were the best that Sean could let go of in order to help. Still Mina guessed that Sean had something up his sleeve since Mina trusted that insane mind of his.

Mina looked at Sam who was riding on top of his pidgeot. "Ready to lead the group? This one sounds a bit tough."

"Are you kidding me? I was born ready Mina," said Sam. He patted his left chest and said, "Don't be going yellow on me."

"Never would." said Mina. She looked behind her and knew that the people that were with Mina were the best at what they did and what they did wasn't pretty. They either knew how to do what they did. Mina and her group may seem a bit rag-tagged but that doesn't mean they were. These group were able to take down mermen back when the merfolk forces were on the rampage and most of them have been in many battles before then.

"Mina," said Dante though the headpiece in Mina's ear. "I got more news on the explosion. It seems like some group is doing something that looks like an invasion. They just came out of the river in some sort of sub or something and started attacking. They were using mostly guns, swords and explosives on their invasion."

"So they are the same as us then," said Mina as she looked at her charizard. "Or mostly the same."

"I think so," said Dante. "The news from on the spot is coming out very slow. Almost not at all but other news stations got wind of this now."

"Ok," said Mina who was taking in the information that Dante was giving her.

"It is possible they may want to take over Cyril or head over to either Rainbase or Alubarna. THeir purpose doesn't seem clear." said Dante.

"Got it, so all we need to do is just force them out or take them out. They came from the sea so that means they will most likely leave by the sea." said Mina as ideas were just running wild in her mind. "Thanks Dante. I pass this along to the others."

Mina then press a button on her headset and said, "So hey guys. Got word that these guys are using guns, swords, bombs and maybe even other toys. They are running rampage in Cyril and really no idea. Maybe they be going to Rainbase or Alubarna."

"What is the plan?" asked a person.

"Either we are going to run them out or take them out. We are going to go in three groups. The third is going to be smaller but helpful. Still we got a chance. NOw lets go! Who the heck do you think we are!" yelled Mina as she could see the sandy island of Alabasta in the distance.

"Team Gurren Lagann!"

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:24 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

OOC: As long as Nyurgh understands that he needs to travel first, and that in order to actually have a dependable virus its going to need some time to be developed, I’ll compensate for it. Just as long as that doesn’t happen again.

Neo Ashfield
Team Aqua
Farcom Panamax Freighter, En Route to Kikol, Boin

The Teta, the Santo, and the Windrunner were not the most impressive of ships. It was a good thing these three ships weren’t sailing alone, because they would be easy picking for the Merfolk. Meanwhile, I had armed myself more than usual. Typically, it wasn’t the Merfolk that did the most damage, it was their water Pokémon. If there was anything to fear about them, it was that.

It seemed like we left in time. Radio contact with Micqueot reported that some kind of strange, lethal virus had been spreading around, dubbed the “Dark Snake Syndrome.” As it turned out, anyone infested would develop a large boil on their chest that would swell rapidly. A few casualties were reported, and the gruesome outcome of this was death by explosion.

Because of it, schools had closed, those who were infected were quarantined, and attempts were being made to find a cure for it. So far, nothing had been developed, but the report did state that while the virus was highly lethal, it was not complex and it did not mutate over time to gain immunities, which meant that as soon as an antigen was created, that would be it. It was getting there that was the problem.

Until that point was reached, it was likely the virus would end up killing a few more people, resulting in painful, grizzly deaths. Whether the virus was natural or man-made was still in debate. But in the meantime, researchers from Team Aqua were doing the best job they could to try and combat it. We were making some headway, and in truth, it was actually helping people trust Team Aqua. Once we found a cure, they’d all owe their lives to us. Meanwhile, even though we didn’t know if it was man-made or not, we treated it as if it was, and we encouraged the local citizens to get pissed about it, ready to fight the bastards that created this.

Meanwhile, Jack was still checking over my DNA, preparing the tests to see if I was to become his next “subject.” I really didn’t care, the chances of me meeting whatever requirements he had were incredibly low. He was an extreme perfectionist, so many minor difference from what my DNA had to what he required would be incredibly small. And even if it was a match, this probably wouldn’t be anything major. A lot of the other soldiers were using minor mutations already to see what could be done to improve their physical abilities. I knew the optical implants were pretty popular, especially among the snipers. Some of the divers also had breathing implants, which gave them the ability to breathe water for ten minutes before requiring them to resurface for air. Didn’t sound like much, but it made a difference when it came to fighting Merfolk.

Another experiment Jack has been working on was the revival of Shadow Pokémon, something an organization called Cipher had tried doing many years ago, but failed at being successful with it. Jack told me that with modern day technology, doing it would be faster and easier, and trying to undo its effects would be heinously difficult. I wasn’t one for reading history books, but he told me in his message that the process would close off a Pokémon’s heart, making them more of a slave than a companion. I didn’t have any issues with that, since my Pokémon never once gave me an ounce of companionship. They did what they were told to do and that was it. Hell, if we went through with this, I doubted they would even be able to tell the difference.

Chances were good we wouldn’t see anything until the second day, halfway toward Boin. I decided to take my time, clean my weapons, get some money back, and be ready to kick ass when we passed over Coralia.

Truthfully, this would be the warm up before something much bigger, I could feel…

Old 06-15-2009, 03:50 AM
Lusitania Offline

Lupus Canis Fenrir
The Cullen
Shore of Shadows, the Citadel

As I walked deeper into the...pit, as I called it, I started to smell somethign that resembled the smell of rotten eggs. It was disgusting, and I truly hated it. Warily, I took out my Casull and held it ready, trigger finger itchy to fire at any hellbeasts. And sure enough, there were hellbeasts in this hellish place. THank god the guys let me keep my belt with my Pokeballs and stuff. Without that, this would be killer. Well, it was already killer, but you get my point. There was somethign that I wished to become, and I guess it went udnder "kill one to become one".

Standing at about seven feet tall was a very hairy, very smelly, very scary being. He had yellow eyes, and claws as long as my fingers. He had obviously been down here for years, and was now a rabid beast rather than a metahuman. He was an animal. His breath was steaming when it came out of his mouth, and for the first time I realized I was cold. Just how far down had I gone exactly to make it this cold?

"Hello," he growled, sharp teeth glinting under his lips, and I knew what was going to happen, "Welcome to the Citadel, aspiring werewolf. I am Fenrir Greyback, retainer to the new werewolves. It is my job as oldest werewolf to stay down here when we get word of a new man wanting to be a werewolf I fight him. It's a fight to the death you see. The winner takes the other's body and brings it to the head priest, who incidentally is the second oldest. I'm going to have a good time fighting you. But of course, I need to tell you something else,"

With that, he heaved a large archeic treasure chest out of a whole in the ground. "In here," he grunted, "Is the magical salve that you need to become a werewolf. In addition to my body, you'll be making the bottle inside it. Now, you have five minutes to prepare. We fight then,"

I had five minutes...I would make them count. I knew my derringer and my dagger was in the right spot, and that I had all my Pokemon. I had the Casull in my hand, and I released all my Pokemon, and they were ready to fight till the death, cause that very well what we might be fighting towards. The four Pokemon, my guns, and everything.

Four minutes down. I had a few minutes to make my first strike...I turned around and shot a bullet at his head.

Last edited by Lusitania; 06-16-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:07 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Lark Lyons
One Against All
Bemesa City
Arabasta

Lark’s skin was hot with sleep; the sheets that had knotted themselves among his limbs did nothing to cure that. He’d awoken moments earlier, mind bogged by a cloud of rest, to witness shadows shift across the hotel room’s wall as a car passed by somewhere outside. Night had fallen far too quickly, had crawled upon the little port city as he slept away the afternoon.

When had he drifted into the realm of sleep? Lark shifted uncomfortably on the hard public mattress. Sweat pooled near the small of his back, seeped down along his unclothed body to his thighs. A figure moved beside him, its chest rising with every breath and disappearing back among the blankets as it exhaled. The eerie glow of the streetlights that lined the avenue below bathed the room – tidy, if not for the destroyed bed. There wasn’t nearly enough light to clearly see the man that slumbered beside him, but he needed it not.

Lark had followed Elijah Tomlinson – the lonely professor type – for at least a week now, having abandoned his official plans to seek and aid potential OAA members. The forty-three-year-old University of Arabasta lecturer had become all but an obsession to Lark. The young man’s desire was not exactly for the man’s body -- hair-coated, overweight men were easy to come by. No, Lark sought solely after the knowledge the man carried.

Days of surveying and covert investigation revealed that Elijah did, indeed, harbor knowledge of the Ohara missions, or at least could connect Lark to someone who did. Lark recalled an article in a newspaper by on Toroa that listed the members of the Ohara investigations into the mysterious underwater world. Elijah Tomlinson’s name certainly hadn’t been included, but the name ‘Alfred Cooper’ had. Lark had spent the recent months tracking as much information of the twenty listed named as possible, and most led to dead-ends: Government cover-ups, no doubt. A couple deaths were reported during the Merfolk attack.

But upon inquiry into the title Alfred Cooper, no results pointed to a scientist or any sort of government type, but instead to an author, who’d published a series of informative brochures on the mechanics of Water type Pokemon evolution. A reference in one of the several brochures pointed to the University Arabasta, and from there is was quite simple to trace the pseudonym ‘Alfred Cooper’ to the dreary, old lecturer Elijah Tomlinson.

Seducing him wasn’t as difficult a task as one might imagine, either. Lark wasn’t sure if Mr. Tomlinson was even homosexual himself, or if it was pure loneliness, a burning desire for human companionship, that led him to this hotel room this afternoon with a twenty-year-old man whose sole intentions were on retrieving knowledge. Lark could empathize with Elijah, however, for he knew the solitude that the middle-aged man did. The hunger for someone to love.

Lark pushed himself from the prison of blankets, dressing quickly in the gloom. His shirt was rumpled, a few buttons missing, from the fit of passion that Elijah Tomlinson had succumbed to. His reeked of the man’s touch; a deep musk that smelled of shoe polish and five-dollar sub sandwiches.

When he’d collected his belongings, Lark crossed the room to where his one-night lover had lain his possessions. Eager hands sifted through mint wrappers and used tissues, eventually resting upon a wallet and ID card that was marked with a barcode and hosted the words U-N-I-V-E-R-S-I-T-Y O-F A-R-A-B-A-S-T-A. A wallet-sized headshot of Elijah grinned a pathetic grin up at him, but he pushed it away, guilt at having betrayed this man creeping to his body.

Lark pocketed the wallet and whatever else he could find that might be of use, including the ID card… No doubt it would grant access to his offices at the University, and no doubt help Lark and OAA learn more of the Merfolk and Ohara investigations.

The young man crossed the room to the door and left, ignoring the betrayed man that slept soundly and happily for probably the first night in twenty years.

BRYCExKAT
Old 06-15-2009, 04:51 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Mina Advent
Team Gurren Lagann
Cyril, Alabasta

"So the plan is to not get killed!" said Mina to her men as they began to descend downwards towards Cyril. "We are going to split into three groups. The two bigger groups are going to go and hold these guys off and the smaller group is going to try to take out their ship sub thing. You will get some back up once the other group comes in. They will split into two with having their smaller part to help take out the ship sub thing too."

"Got is!" said two men.

"We have ten minutes before the other group comes," said Mina as they got closer to the battle. "So yet see if we can finish this off in ten minutes!"

There was a roar of excitement as flying type pokemon began to dive down as the two planes began to land on the outskirts of the city. THe plane's job was to land and unload then fly away. Mina knew that there was a chance they be shot down when they try to fly away but that was a chance she was willing to take. Sean would miss them but would forget about them as soon as he sees another plane that is awaiting his attention.

"Time to start this thing!" smiled Mina as she held a pokemon ball in her hand. She at once recalled Char back into her pokeball and began to free fall. Mina then release another pokemon. "Go Chomp!"

A garchomp was emerge out of white light and Mina was able to jump on top of it. The garchomp was able to glide downward to the battlefield. Mina could see that some of her other men was already engaging the enemy forces. An explosion could be seen in the distance.

Mina and her garchomp landed on the ground and found themselves in a battlefield. It seems as if the Alabasta army was already on the scene taking on the enemy forces. They were using tanks and ground forces to keep the uniform men.

"Forward!" smiled Mina as her garchomp was running towards the closest person. Mina at once zipped up her jacket after slipping it on and swung her katana around her body. Mina then jumped off Chomp and gave the person a flying kick. THe person flew back and hit the ground. The guard looked a bit confuse.

"Where you came from," said the guard.

"From the sky," said Mina as she saw the man she kicked get back up. Mina then took out her katana and held it with her right hand. The man pulled out a gun and began to fire shots at Mina. None of them hit their mark as Mina dodge them with her quick feet. The man tried to throw a knife which caught Mina a bit off guard as the blade almost hit her.

"Dragon Rage!" said Mina as she jumped in the air made way for a ball of fire that was aimed for the man.

Mina turned around and saw that Chomp was running back to her. "Good job. Lets keep going. We need to help the army here and see what needs to be done. As long as we are on the front lines then that will give time for the ones that are coming up the river to attack their sub ship thing from behind."

Garchomp nodded as Mina hopped back on him. She then rode Chomp into battle and began to attack using a combination of pokemon attacks and human attacks.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:06 AM
Lusitania Offline

Lupus Canis Fenrir
The Cullen
Shore of Shadows, The Citadel, Wano

Greyback swerved to the side to dodge the bullet, and then rushed at me. I jumped to the side, but he caught my leg, and I fell limp, dangling. A whoosh could be heard as Poison Stings sped through the air and hit Greyback right in the ass. That had to hurt...He howled in pain, rubbing his hand on his rump like a sixteen year old girl trying to figure out how to you-know-what without the internet. I chuckled...bad idea

He sped at me, and I fired two more bullets. The first embedded itself in the nearest wall, but the second hit him in his shoulder. Grunting, it seemed as if Greyback shrugged this off. Of course, this was because he had been a Werewolf for a rather long time, compared to me who woudl be a Werewolf for a few days before I used it in battle. Well, probab ly not as long as that, but it wasn't as long as he had, surely. I was surprised that he shrugged it off, but when the bullet popped out and the wound sealed over I nearly had a heart attack. That wasn't superhuman, that was supernatural!

And everything about him was supernatural, and it was really damn scary...I must've pissed my pants several times. Needless to say, I shot another bullet, and this one embedded itself straight in his left lung. Again, it popped out and I was envious...how long had this guy been a werewolf. I even voiced this thought, and he grunted "hundred and four years, sonny", and then rushed me again.

This time his claw hit my shoulder, and although it was not a very deep cut, it hurt like hell and drew blood. Stains formed on the dark cloak I was wearing, and it was upsetting not to be in the clothes I usually fought in. I felt naked without them...of course I'd need to get new clothes when I became a werewolf but still...why couldn't I just have been how I wanted and be in my regular clothes. i guessed it was something to do with equal terms.

Now he leaped at me, and Gallade intervened. He hit him with his arm-blade, and shoved it into his stomach. A groan of "oh god," filled the air, and he crumpled to the ground. Assured I had won the battle, I stood in front of him and gloated.

"Not so high and mighty now, are you, Greyback? I guess I'll be taking your body once I finish you off now, metahuman god like being," and with that, I felt my foot being thrown up into the air, my head hitting concrete, and seeing stars. Greyback's face was a few inches away from mine, and his breath was hot and humid as he bared down on me, wanting to finish the battle and get the hell out of the rathole that he was in right now.

Last edited by Lusitania; 06-16-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:31 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Lark Lyons
One Against All
Bemesa City
Arabasta

The wind that drifted from the shore, touched by the briny waves, was warm against Lark’s skin. It tossed his hair, disheveling it from the tidy mop he had constructed in the hotel lobby before leaving. The moon was gorgeous on this night, a great orb that fell just short of exposing its true glory. A mass of clouds rode the breeze high above, thin gray wisps that would have been otherwise invisible if not for the stark contrast they created with the immense orange globe… the twinkling stars far in the distance.

The streets were empty, with the exception of a few stragglers that hurried along the storefronts, too absorbed in their own petty business to notice Lark strolling in the shadows. Night was a plague that drove all the citizens to their beds at home. Even the cliché tumbleweed of trash pushed along by the wind was nonexistent tonight.

It hadn’t always been this way, Lark realized, slipping into a reverie that seemed oh-so intent on seizing his attention, against his better judgement.

A festival – celebrating what exactly, Lark had no clue – had spilled into the streets, and the young boy wandered among the booths that overflowed with the pleasant reek of fried foods and the extraordinary sights of city people.

Lark gazed into the eyes of a fortune-teller, fascinated by the enormous mole on her lower cheek; the others cringed away, but he couldn’t remove his stare. A man hobbled past, an armada of brightly-colored balloons bobbing happily above his head.

He’d never seen Bemesa City like this before; it was incredible, it was invigorating: the sounds, the sights, smells, feelings, tastes, they lit up his senses in a way that was entirely alien to the child.

“How do you like it, honey?” That was his mother’s voice. Such a sweet sound. An angelic chorus that was frighteningly composing. He looked up into her face, but even in a trance such as this, Lark’s destroyed memory couldn’t piece her features together.

Full red lips here, a set of striking silver eyes there. A dazzling smile over yonder. They were like puzzle pieces, an assortment of gorgeous, loving puzzle pieces whose pairs were lost forever. Broken.

The sight faded from Lark’s eyes. It never lasted longer than a moment or two. He blinked fiercely, forcing the tears that had come to dance along the edges of his eyelashes back into the pores of his face. There was no use in it, and he had come to realize this.

A couple lights on the horizon of the sea caught Lark’s attention. They bobbed in rhythm with the waves, four or five large blinking lights. Nothing out of the ordinary, he told himself. This was, after all, a port city. It wasn’t anything more than a cargo freighter bringing fruit or diving equipment, the usual things you would find aboard those God-awful things.

By now, Lark had worked his way away from the outer edges of the city, where the people slept, the lurkers lurked, and everyone kept to their own ho-hum business. Here, the shops were more illuminated, their light spilling onto the boardwalk that ran along the shore. Names that were intended to produce a “perky” atmosphere like The Clamshell! – You won’t find prices lower than ours even on the ocean floor! and Perry’s Pirate Chest – Our quality is DANGEROUSLY excellent! were splashed everywhere in sight.

There were quite a few people milling about, as well. Mostly the rough-and-tough sailor types tramped around, hoisting huge crates of who-knows-what. Muscles bulged from the tight shirts they squeezed themselves into, threatening to tear the fabric. Lark found an abundance of Pokemon, as well. Stealthy Meowth dove among the small crowd, eyes gleaming with mischief. A Pelipper or two roosted atop a pole, squawking at the people that passed. Their caws resounded from the wooden storefronts.

Lark neared his destination, a tiny building shoved in among the towering sea shacks. It was almost invisible, even with its front splashed in bright shades of pink and yellow. A shabby sign displaying ‘CAFÉ’ hung near the door. Lark Lyons glanced into the wide window that ran the length of the front, noticing that it was occupied, but with fellow OAA members, he did not know.

The young man entered the diner that had become a sort of homey sanctuary, eyes drinking in the sights of the residents. A couple of men donning ragged green coats slouched in the very first booth, attention directed solely on how quickly they could shovel their food into awaiting mouths. It was virtually empty otherwise, save for a loner of two tucked away into a booth near the back, engrossed in a newspaper or cell phone conversation.

It was the sight of a fiery mane that demanded Lark’s attention. He strode forward, peeking around the other booths that blocked his vision. His eyes fell upon a girl, clad in a dress that looked like it had been washed in the washing machines of Hell. It curved low, exposing much of her breast and skirting the tops of her thighs. She had a rugged look to her; her posture was almost too relaxed – the fire-headed demon slumped against the diner table, worn eyes watching the female that sat opposite her.

Lark recognized the other girl almost immediately. Alert eyes twitched within their sockets, a cascade of chocolate hair poured down her shoulder. She was lean, almost unhealthily so, yet she managed to keep a tough air to her. She looked like at any moment, she would scowl and spit the words, “What are YOU looking at!?”

The man knew better, however. He’d spent far too many a day with Cassia Tamasi to fall for that fierce appearance. Lark knew the girl to be one of the most kind-hearted people alive; a fellow lost soul that had towed in his own from a life of scum and lack of meaning.

It had been almost a month since he’d seen his fellow OAA-creator last, during which he had been forced to hide from the media craze just as she and the others had. He wasn’t entirely surprised to see her here, for this was sort of a known spot for members of the organization to meet. He simply didn’t expect to see her again so soon. Maybe this finally meant that they could resume the actions that had been cut short by their act of “heroism”.

Lark crossed the room in a confident stride, waved away a probing waitress that harassed him about an order, and slumped into the booth alongside Cass. Lark muttered a quiet “Hey, Cass.” It was hard to hide the abounding joy that tipped his words. “Long time, no see.”

The young man gazed across to the other girl, whose appearance was so exasperatingly familiar, yet he couldn’t place a name to her. He was sure they’d met before, though. Her eyes twinkled like fire, which brought a slight grin to his lips when coupled with her obnoxious hair.

BRYCExKAT
Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Joyce Kabuto
Cullen
Somewhere on Wano

"Gen, paddle faster!"

"I've been paddling the whole day! Take the other one and help out."

"But I wanna be first off!"

A fourteen-year-old guy-that-looks-like-a-girl and a sixteen-year-old muscular boy rose to their feet and started shoving their faces into each other, growling with teeth gritted.

Exhaling irritably, the remaining person on the raft seized the paddle and started paddling herself.

The beach was no more than a couple of hundred metres away. Dodging around the two males hammering each other in the chest, Rey opened the sails on the raft.

Instantly, the strong sea breeze blasted into the sails, and the raft burst forward with great speed, throwing both boys into the water, and the paddle nearly slid off the boat had Rey not caught it in time.

She clutched on to the mast, and the boat raced towards the beach. It was clearly evident that if the boat kept going at that speed, it would crash regardless and they might end up with a broken mast. Not favourable odds.

And so Rey deftly rolled up the sails, and the boat began to slow, and came to a safe stop as it hit the beach.

Gracefully stepping off, she seized the bag of rocks sitting in the middle of the raft and tossed it onto the beach. It was heavy, and landed no further than right in front of her feet. She dragged it further inland, the rope connecting it and the raft straightening as she dragged.

When she was done placing the makeshift anchor, she pressed her bandanna into her forehead, mopping up the sweat.

Now to wait for the boys to come home.

Looking into the distance, she saw a man on his motorcycle, jetting away with Pokemon in tow, and then looked towards the sky.

It was beautiful.

She sat down, still staring at the sky, and absentmindedly felt her bald head. Just what does it feel like to have hair on your head...?

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader

Last edited by Starkipraggy; 06-15-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:03 AM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Lance D Blitzbeine
The Cullen
Near a beach, Wano

Lance woke up to a tapping on his shoulder and a blast of heat on his face, both of which turned out to be the fault of Kuuga, his Blaziken. That was the trouble with being a Fire Type Pokemon, really. There was hiding the abnormally high temperatures that they had, just like it was impossible not to occasionally get shocked by an Electric Type, and how Ice Types were generally really cold to the touch. More importantly, he found himself under a tree, having apparently dozed off while resting.

"Wuzzap Kuuga?" The Cullen soldier groaned as he forced himself awake.

The Blaziken, by virtue of the fact that as a Blaziken, it could not speak English, pointed towards the beach, where there was a little raft, not to mention people. Kids too, if his eyes were not lying to him at this distance. Of course, there were no longer any coast guards in this day and age, but as a bored member of the Cullen, there was no reason why he could not simply go ask them what they were doing. They might even be Aquas threatening to kill everyone in Wano, though somehow Lance doubted that children could do that much.

"Let's go check it out then. Wake up, Kabuto." Lance kicked his Scizor awake and thanked the heavens that he was wearing thick boots and started walking, his toes slightly sore. Kicking a Steel Type Pokemon of any kind was a bad idea.

As he got closer to the raft, he soon found that he was looking at a young girl, that looked a bit like a guy, that was bald. Hardly threatening, but since Lance was bored, he decided to poke further anyway. It was not as though the Devil's Fruit was going to run away or something, though it was probably best if he resumed his search for it soon.

"Hey! Name yourself!" He yelled at the child on the boat, wondering whether he was doing it correctly or not. He had never been part of the navy or anything like that anyway.

|OoC| Ew, short post is short.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Que Dialo
Team Gurren Lagann
Dawn

Greetings, Mr. Dialo,

Perhaps you've heard, but the new Generation 5 Autolimbs have recently been released to our prototype beta testers. Our engineer on Dawn at the address on the back of this letter will be ready to meet you at any time. The Generation 5 Autolimbs should be free of the the noise the Generation 4 makes when active, and should also be rid of the occasional electrocution-when-wet problem the Generation 4s still have.

Sincerly,
Scronum

PS: Attached is a reminder of why you should come.

Que shuffled through the rest of the envelope, expecting perhaps a bonus check. Instead, he found pictures of himself lying on a operation table, covered in burns from head to toe, missing half his body and organs poking out from his non-existent side.

His stomach suddenly felt queasy. He tore up the photographs and scattered them to the ocean winds that blew up on the island of Dawn. "You're a sick man, Aster Scronum."

He'd go alright, because that's what they paid him to do. After his original contract with Kenzai Automatons ended and he was out of the hospital, they had offered him another contract to continue testing their new products. The pay was good (better than most people because Que needed both an arm and a leg), and Que got free new and improved body parts in the process, so there was no reason for him not to join up.

He began playing an imaginary piano with his right arm, listening to them click and whirr. He had gotten used to the noise, which had been present ever since Generation 0 arms. He snorted at the mention of the electrocution problem. That had existed ever since Generation 3, which had a defective power wire that had a tendency to slip after long usage and electrocute the user when it got wet. At one point Que couldn't shower for days while Kenzai Automatons scrambled to get him a new arm.

He checked his PDA for messages from the Team. Apparently there had been some sort of attack on Alabasta. Since he had missed the official team plane he'd have to arrange his own transportation.

Oh well. Might as well get those new limbs before he left. Putting the letter in his pocket, he hailed a taxi.
--------
"Well, that should do it," the engineer said, after a quick 20 minute session where he removed both arm and leg then reattached new ones. He was finishing up the calibrations to the brainwaves. "Try it out."

Que flexed his arm, balled his hand up into a fist, then started drumming the air with his fingers. There was a distinct lack of the mechanical noises that had been present in the older generations. He got up onto his feet and did a quick jog around the room. Everything was working fine, at first glance.

"They're stronger and more durable than the Generation 4s, and they have a longer battery life," the engineer added.

Que felt his right arm with his left. There was still that distinct feeling that made it blindingly obvious that the arm was a prosthetic.

It was cold.

"Is there any way to make it so they don't feel cold and dead?" Que asked.

"The limbs need to be kept at the temperature they are for maximum efficiency," the engineer explain. "But we'll see what we can do." He winked.

Que shrugged. "Bye then." He walked out. Now it was time to join the rest of the Team with whatever they were doing in Alabasta.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 06-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Scott Mako
Team Water
Near Pearlana

“So, let’s get this straight, we’re going to be attacking the drop not too far away from a merfolk village?” Lint asked, his eyes filled with what could either be annoyance or fear. When he had been younger and the war was still going on his family had met up with a very bad gang of the fishmen, and the killed his father, raped his mother and tortured him. To make matters even worse his mother had become pregnant, but she had the merfolk-human hybrid anyways and loved it like her own. Most of the time Lint loved his little sister, too, but sometimes he just couldn’t stand the sight. Today would have been one of those days.

Alabaster rolled his eyes a tiny bit, but it was Prock who patted the other on the shoulder. “Come on, Lint, we’re a trained strike team. There’s nothing that a group of merfolk and the Pirate Emperors can do to us, even if they’re together. Besides, maybe it’s not an evil group of fishies, maybe they are a lot of gorgeous sea-babes who will be willing to give us full body massages.” A spurt of blood came from the man’s nose as he thought about this for a little, and a little bit of drool dribbled out of his mouth.

“We’re not even sure anything will happen,” Rayna mumbled as she readied herself, “remember, we’re going on rumors that Missy told us that she heard. And from what we could glean from the local fishermen.”

“All we really need to do is buy time,” Lint whined, “can’t we find some other way to do it? The mercenaries should be in Saint Reia soon, and we should be there to see what happens!”

Scott shook his head, interjecting himself into the conversation, “there’s nothing we can do now, Babyface, either the mercenaries bash a hole in them and Aqua can come when they are in chaos and ‘help them’ or the mercenaries are destroyed and we have to wait for the excitement to die down. Just as long as they don’t kill the president so we can have the new theme park, I’m happy. And I’d like to make a petition to make them change their state animal to a Tentacruel.”

“Why a Tentacruel? They are so ugly, they should change it to a Ursaring,” Rayna interjected, “or at least a Teddiursa. They’re just so cute …” She hugged the Teddiursa that was one of her own Pokémon tightly to her chest. The little creature stuck his tongue out at Prock, who scowled at it and then looked away, obviously jealous.

“Ready?” Alabaster asked, his eyes already steely and ready. Always the most on guard, as well as the first one ready for a mission and the last one to leave the adrenaline from the mission before behind; the man was more than a welcome addition to the troops even though he could be no fun at times.

Rayna shrugged, putting down her Pokémon, “sure, why not? Let’s just go ahead and get this over with so we can see if this fruit tastes good or not.” She caught Alabaster’s glare as he shot it her way, but dismissed it with a single dismissive wave of her hand, “right, possibly dangerous side effects that need to be tested first, I understand. But I’m not going to promise that I’ll be able to hold off biting into the glorious thing.”

“Let’s just hope it doesn’t smell good, then,” Lint mumbled. He was usually more talkative not only leading up to battle but also during. Whether this was because he was covering his fear or if he really just liked to hear his own voice only the psychologist knows and he cannot tell anyone but Aqua direct command. Still, though the man was pale, it was good to hear him joking around.

The group of five headed up the stairs to the deck above, each of them carrying a firearm and a melee weapon. Scott himself was the first to step up, setting his sniper rifle up on the table that he had set up just for this reason. The rocking of the boat in the water would make shots difficult but not impossible, and he began to wonder if it would be smarter just to hold the gun, though that would be a task in itself. Still, he was talented enough to be able to at least work with the wind to get off a decent shot, he would just have to pick larger targets than he would have had to otherwise.

They were drifting for an hour before the drop finally happened just as it was supposed to, with a larger ship with the symbol of the Pirate Emperors driving to a unmarked and unsanctioned ‘trade point.’ Trade points were platforms were humans and merfolk could trade, where the humans would be on land and the merfolk would either be in water or very close to it. Most of them were marked on maps so everyone could make use of them after gaining permits, but there were some that were used for black market deals that weren’t marked.

“Looks like we got our target,” Lint mumbled as he took out his pistol and turned off the safety. They would first use the scope to make sure they were trading the right thing, and then if they had a positive match they would fire from afar to cover their closing speed and then hop out to finish the rest close ranged, that way they could make sure no one retreated with the fruit. Of course, it was also necessary to make sure as many people as possible were on the large trading deck, especially the merfolk who would just become stronger in the water.

“I want an oreo,” Scott mumbled as his tummy grumbled.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 06-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

OoC: In order to spare children from the sight of expletives, I will put a -censored- over all foul language.

Joyce Kabuto
The Cullen
Some beach on Wano

"Hey, name yourself!" A voice rang out.

Rey did not respond, other than letting her hand discreetly move to hugging her legs. If he really wanted her name, he should come closer so she didn't have to broadcast it to everyone in the vicinity.

Just then, Joyce chose to appear out of the waves, standing up in shallow water and wading back to shore, looking at the water.

"...Ah -censored-. Seriously, what the -censored- was that for, Rey?"

Rey heaved a large breath and exhaled through her nose, maintaining a blank expression. Boys.

Exploding from the water from behind a soggy Joyce, Gen roared, "DON'T CUSS IN FRONT OF GIRLS YOU UNCULTURED BOY!"

And with that, Gen smashed the teenager's head into the sand with a violent hook.

"GWAAARGHf." Joyce was eating sand.

"Just how many times have I told you that!" Gen pulled off his own blue bandanna, squeezed it dry, tied it back over his wet black hair, and proceeded to seize Joyce, who was just getting to his feetwhile spitting sand, by the collar and haul him up to face level, which left the blonde-haired boy dangling in mid-air.

Joyce rebelliously spat out some sand into Gen's face, and Gen sent the boy sprawling with a single punch.

Rey closed her eyes and put her forehead on her knees. She did not like to see needless brutality, and the boys tended to be like that anyway. Just five minutes later and they'd look like they had been friends for life. Which they were. She was really trying to ignore the foul language flying around now.

And so the trio utterly ignored the man some distance away.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 06-15-2009, 04:57 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Lance D Blitzbeine
The Cullen
Some beach on Wano

So instead of giving Lance her name, the girl had curled up and refused to speak. Which was somewhat understandable, since some people were shy about that stuff and Lance himself was hardly in uniform. What was much odder was the fact that two males, (and one could only tell the first one was male from his language an dressing,) popped out from the sea and started beating each other up. That was, of course unacceptable, since Lance wanted to ask them a question, and the girl looked disturbed by the unnecessarily coarse language and the brutal style of fighting that the boys were employing. Grinding people's faces in sand was hardly a friendly spar between friends after all.

"That... Is... Enough!" The soldier yelled as he ran up to the trio and punched both boys in the face. Just a little taste of military discipline, because apparently they needed to learn how to calm down.

Besides, if they resisted, Lance could just arrest them for disturbing the peace.

"You two shouldn't be fighting in front of a girl, even if you do look like little girls, you got that? There's a reason why only men are drafted into the army, and it's not because girls like watching people fight!" He barked as he dragged both boys out of the sand with a vindictive look in his eyes.

This was, of course probably a waste of time that he was better off spending on his Devil's Fruit quest, but Lance could not stand boys who continued fighting when there were girls who did not want to have any part in it around. The one exception was during all-out war, but he generally hated just about every aspect of total warfare anyway, which was brutal and nothing else.

"So anyway, I will be needed your names, and hopefully a reason why there are three kids crash landing on the shores of Wano. How do you crash land with a raft anyway?"

Lance dug around in his pocket for his Cullen ID as proof that he had the right to do random things like questioning trespassers while keeping his eyes on the trio, wondering what the heck was up with them. There was the trap, reverse trap, and young body builder, which was such a ridiculous combination that anyone had to stop and think.

"If your answers are not satisfactory I might just have to toss you into a facility for delinquents or something like that, people you two certainly seem like you fit. If your answers are in fact satisfactory, I'll just go ahead and let you bunch go on with your lives, although you'll probably end up killing each other by age twenty."

|OoC| Ew, another short post.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Neo Ashfield
Team Aqua
Farcom Freighter, Boin Islands

Strangely enough, we had faced absolutely no resistance during the entire voyage. That was not normal. Either something was going on, or the Merfolk were simply giving up in attacking. However, I was getting the feeling that they were looking toward easier prey to go after. They probably recognized our ships by now, and were likely going for the civilians of the other islands, knowing that attacking us was just suicide. Either way, the Farcom Freighter had been loaded up with more guards than what was necessary, and truckloads of ammo that never saw warfare. I couldn’t complain about the job being easy, but it was almost too easy. Some of the other Aqua officers were getting their own assumptions about the situation, and I heard everything from the Merfolk getting cowardly to them planning something much worse, biding their time to really hit hard when they had the manpower to do it. Problem for them was that we were always ready for anything.

Rather than going to town, we loaded the personnel to the shores, building a new base of operations on one of the Boin islands that hadn’t been developed yet. I oversaw the unloading of supplies, but I knew once that was done, we were going to be heading back alone, and a chance of an attack then was even less likely. With the builder machines unloaded, chances were good we’d have a good stronghold in the area in a few weeks. The procure staff had been assigned to obtain and recover whatever natural resources could be found in the area, possibly mining to see if any precious metals or stones could be obtained. Either way, our presence and hold in Boin would be strengthened.

Radio contact from the mainland gave me the update on the Arabasta invasion. Raidon had been far more straightforward with the assault, and was making a mess of the place pretty quickly. His idea was to rule with fear and power, and he was doing a pretty good job with it. Meanwhile, the assassinations at Saint Rena had been completely successful, putting an end to the government control in Kanjal. At the moment, I knew some of the other Aqua officers were looking at me, unable to understand why I was taking a peaceful approach to obtaining Boin and Micqueot when plans to seize Arabasta and Saint Rena were far more effective and much faster. My original plans were to take out the government officials and make it look like an accident, but I had yet to go through with them. I guess I too, was biding my time, not really ready to cause social unrest unless they got to the point of really needing to be taken out. Coincidently, some of them had been infected with the Dark Snake Syndrome, and had died as a result. However, that didn’t take out the entire committee. My main reasoning was solely for the lack of any real motive, especially when they didn’t oppose our operations. In fact, several of them were actually agreeing with our cooperation, something I didn’t think would happen.

As for the cure to Dark Snake Syndrome, scientists were making headway, and felt that the situation should be under control in time. Unlike other viruses, which were far more serious and hard to conquer, this one, while highly lethal, could be cured with the proper inoculations. At the moment, those same scientists had found what would likely be the ideal antibody for destroying the virus, and undoing the damage created by it. From what I read in the reports, the virus would be destroyed, but the effects of it would take time to heal. However, even so, the victim at least wouldn’t die, and could be expected to make a full recovery. Meanwhile, it was confirmed that the virus was man-made, but questions as to who deployed it were still unanswered. Of course, we used this to our advantage, urging civilians to help us get our revenge on whoever did this, and using the local media to stir rage and aggression in civilians that could potentially fight for us. Because of it, recruitment in the Micqueot had been raised by 30%, a pretty effective jump when it came to reinforcing our ranks with loyal soldiers and operatives.

Jack had also contacted me, informing me that so far, my DNA had been a match to his intentions, but in his own words, “that was no cause for celebration yet,” not like I would have blown balloons up if it was. His report confirmed it was still very possible that later on, he might discover that the DNA was incompatible with his project. Truthfully, I didn’t care. Chances were extremely good this would be for just another implant project, like all the others his group of scientists had created before. As I thought about it, I would have liked the ocular implants, even though I wasn’t a sniper or took part in night missions. Still, the night vision feature without having to wear goggles was seriously convenient. And then I thought it probably might be possible that this could be an improved version of that or an already existing implant design. It was definitely not a rare thing for these kinds of things to be further developed. Either way, I was killing a $10,000 debt, something I couldn’t complain about. That was worth getting hooked up with whatever implant Jack had in mind.

Still, it wasn’t long before everything that was needed for the base’s construction had been unloaded and unpacked. At this point, it was time to turn around and prepare to head out. My presence was needed more in Micqueot, even though I was still a little apprehensive about this whole Dark Snake thing. It had been reported that in total, 40 people had died as a result of this, turning into a feared pandemic. Releasing the cure to the virus would be quite the bargaining chip for negotiating with the local governments. Citizens and officials would look upon us better, even though this usually wasn’t our style of doing things. Already, I was getting cynical titles of being the “gentle giant” for not giving the order to assault the council houses even though I had originally gotten orders to do so. At this point, it wasn’t necessary, and the takeover of both regions was being done without warfare or assassinations.

Knowing it was pointless to carry around these heavy weapons, I tossed them in the corner, knowing I wouldn’t need them for the ride back. If the Merfolk didn’t attack the Farcom Freighter on the way to Boin, even though there were three ships that couldn’t hold up for long, they definitely weren’t going to attack it alone on the way back. As we left the shores and prepared to turn around, I watched the building operation disappear in the distance, along with the rest of the Boin islands.

Still, our operations were becoming rapid. I knew world takeover wouldn’t take long, even though it was clear there was someone else besides the Merfolk who wanted to try and stop us. I knew that in time, they would learn the hard way that they were messing with the wrong people.