Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default URPG National Park Trial Run

URPG National Park Trial Run

RM was going to do this, but it seems like right now, she has other things to take care of. In light of that, I have decided to do a trial run myself. Mine will be set up differently from RM’s, so please read the whole post before replying.

We currently have two methods for doing this; as one large group RP and as individual threads for each Trainer/Ranger pair. Because there’s divided opinions on what method would be best, I’ve decided to do a trial run for both at the same time. I will be choosing six (6) people: Three to RP in a group RP and three to RP with individually. The two groups will have no bearing on one another. After seeing how each method pans out and the feedback from the members who take part, the Park Staff will get together to decide what method to use.

We will also be making use of a few formulas I’ve come up with, in order for me to test them out and see how they work. This will let me and everyone else see what’s good, what needs to be edited, and what needs to be removed completely. The formulas are posted after this. We’ll also be incorporating Natures, which is something that sounds promising. I want to test out the theory to see if it works. The Nature list (which includes the pros/cons of each Nature) is going to be Stickied for the course of the trial run, as will the other two things lol. The Natures list is courtesy of Eraizaa, who pretty much came up with that on his own.

Now because the Park will accept Trainers in the order that they come, I will accept the first six people who post saying they want to take part in the trial run. That means it’s first-come, first-served. Once I get six people, I’ll split you into two groups of three. If you want to be part of a specific method, mention this in your post. The first three who say “I want to be in the group RP trial” will be the ones to get in that one, for example. If you don’t specify a trial I’ll put you where I need you.

I’m not going to have people do a sign-up or make up characters or anything for this, since it’s just a trial run.

All money used and items spent will be returned at the end of the trial run, whenever that might be. Items bought during the trial run will be lost at the end, but since you’re getting your money back, it’s not really a big deal. This basically means that even if you spend money after the trial run begins, don’t subtract the money from your actual stats. If you use items, don’t remove those from your stats. I’ll keep track of everything being used in the trial run so you don’t “go over” so to speak. This way no one gets confused or suspicious if you lose a lot of money or Park items over the course of the trial run, only to suddenly get it all back at a later time.

Finally, I’m going to talk to Harry to see about compensation for people who volunteer for this. I highly doubt you’ll be allowed to keep any Mon you catch, but maybe a little bit of money or a TM or something would be fine as a thank-you gift for anyone who helps out.

Now, let’s get this ball rolling! Wow, what a bad (and unintended) pun ;_;…

EDIT: I've got a formula for capture rates as well, but I'm having a hard time finding it on my flash drive. I may have to post it later after getting it from my computer again.

Lol, it had a different name than the one I was looking for. I found it and it's been posted/Stickied.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 06-14-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Dragoness Offline

Default Re: URPG National Park Trial Run

It appears I logged on just at the right time, lol :) Since you've said this is different from the Trial Mission, than I would like to please join, unless I find someone else who really wants to be in the park but hasn't had a chance yet.

I would like to try this as an indivdual--One Ranger, one trainer.

Quick note: so far it seems pretty good :) The natures and realistic attacks look sweet.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Lusitania Offline

I'd like to partake in said tomfoolery.

Oh, and I'd like to be with fwends :3 So get me in the threesome three man group.

Last edited by Lusitania; 06-11-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

I've been wanting to try it out. Sign me up.

Edit: I added all the Trial threads to favorites, so I'm prepared.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554

Last edited by Gokudera-Kun; 06-11-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Jose Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jose Send a message via MSN to Jose Send a message via Yahoo to Jose

I will get this in so sign me up =).
Old 06-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Redino987 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Redino987

I've been looking forward to trying this out.

Sign me up, even though I am taking a break from the rest of the URPG

EDIT: I'm a little confused about the way there are two groups, so just throw me in either one.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

HELL FREAKIN YEAH! Finally this is starting as well.

I'm not joining, I'm fine with the other RP so far, but I'll keep an eye on this- I hope I can become a ranger ^^ so it may be useful

BTW, what about the Park Mart? We need to sell Potions/Revivers/Ethers/Drugs/Park Ball & other stuff. I even proposed a "special" item to Harry to be sold in this mart, but it's a kind of difficult concept so I guess it'd be better see how things go first.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55

Sign me up please.

^ ^
Click

Last edited by Yoda55; 06-11-2009 at 11:03 PM. Reason: No freaking h in Sigh
Old 06-11-2009, 10:26 PM
poke123 Offline

This looks cool. Sign me up!
Old 06-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Haha, wow, there's more interest in this than I thought XD. Here's the deal, then. I'll except the seven of you who have volunteered. Four of you will be in individual RPs with me while the rest of you will be paired with someone else. I'll take one of you, and then Eraizaa might be acting as a Ranger for this. We'll need a third Ranger to guide the 7th person through, but it'll be taken care of, no worries ^^.

Also, some of the posts are going to be edited over the next few days while myself and the others get things tweaked for this trial run. I'm going to do some editing now, and I'll post each time a new edit it made. Just a heads-up for you guys.

I'll work on getting the groups situated tonight and tomorrow :P.

EDIT: The Battle Theory/Capture Rate thread has been edited. A note on PP was added and the Creativity/Practicality sections were expanded a bit more so they jibe better with what's in the Rangerpedia. Which, btw, will eventually replace all the threads (except this one) that I've Stickied today. DG, about the Park Mart: For now we're using the one Bron posted, but there may be edits done to it in the future.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 06-12-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Light_Sky Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Light_Sky

I'd like to sign up if that's possible ^^

Last edited by Light_Sky; 06-12-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Hmmmm...well, if we can find another person to be a Ranger I can see about getting you in. Otherwise, you'll have to wait this one out (unless another Staff member wants to do a trial one of their own). I'll get back to you on this as soon as I find out what can be done. For everyone else:

AT THE MOMENT I AM ACCEPTING NO OTHER TRAINERS. SORRY AND THANKS FOR BEING INTERESTED IN THE TRIAL RUN ^^

Also, I was gonna post this after separating everyone into groups, but for those of you accepted (everyone before Light_Sky's post), please fill out the form below:

Name: (This is what the Ranger will call you.)

Entrance Fee: $3,000
Extra Pokemon Permit: (If you are bringing more than 2 Pokemon, add $500 for each one.) I've changed this so you can bring two Pokemon instead of just one. If you bring 3 or more you'll need to buy the permits
Total Money: (Money before entering the park.)
Total Cost: (Cost of Entrance Fee + Extra Pokemon Permit.)
Change: Total Money - Total Cost = Change.

Total Items: (List all items you will be bringing in.)
~

Pokemon Stats: (List your Pokemon Stats.)
~Pokemon (gender)
Ability-
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT- (I added SM and MT since they were missing before)
Health- 10/10 (I'll be using the 100% method instead of the 10/10 method of keeping track of HP)

Other Info
(Anything else you want to mention here.)

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 06-12-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:52 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Name: Nyurgh

Extra Pokemon Permit: 2[$1,000]
Total Money: $6,000
Total Cost: $4,000
Change: $2,000

Total Items: Park Balls(x5), Healing Potion
~

~Scizor(F) - Hardy
Technician
Health- 100%
TM Sandstorm

~Porygon2(G) - Jolly
Download
Health- 100%

~Drapion(M) - Adamant
Sniper
Health - 100%
BM Night Slash

~Wartortle(M) - Naughty
Torrent
Health - 100%
TM Toxic

Other Info
No worries. :D

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554

Last edited by Gokudera-Kun; 06-16-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:35 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

@Jess: I see... If it helps, I can volunteer to be a ranger for this. I'm not really confident, but so far it doesn't seem too hard of a job for me... Though I guess some more experience might be useful on me... But this is just a trial run after all.

Oh, by the way, I'd like a clarification on the "Items" thing: is it only the ones you buy in the Park Mart? Or miscellanous items (like goggles, food supplies, tents, water canteen, ropes, grappling hooks, swiss knives and similiar stuff) count too?

Either way, I'd suggest people to be more creative with their equipment. Anything you don't bring now(potions and revivers included) you won't be able to use. If your Pokemon faints or is injured, it won't be healed at the end of the battle.
Likewise, there might be obstacles that even if they can be removed/got over with the help of your Pokemon, it'd be better if you don't get your Pokemon tired needlessly.

@Nyurgh: poorhouse or not, don't subtract yet the money from your pocket, as for this trial you'll get a refund( which means you can just not bother subtracting/adding at all).

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55

[QUOTE=Tyranitar_Trainer;2791199][FONT="Bradley Hand ITC"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B][SIZE="3"]Hmmmm...well, if we can find another person to be a Ranger I can see about getting you in. Otherwise, you'll have to wait this one out (unless another Staff member wants to do a trial one of their own). I'll get back to you on this as soon as I find out what can be done. For everyone else:

AT THE MOMENT I AM ACCEPTING NO OTHER TRAINERS. SORRY AND THANKS FOR BEING INTERESTED IN THE TRIAL RUN ^^

Also, I was gonna post this after separating everyone into groups, but for those of you accepted (everyone before Light_Sky's post), please fill out the form below:

Name: Sam

Extra Pokemon Permit: N/A
Total Money: 21,000
Total Cost: 3,000
Change: 18,000

Total Items: (List all items you will be bringing in.)
Pokeballs X10

Pokemon Stats:
~Pokemon: Scizor
Ability- Technican
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT MT Bullet Punch, MT Super Power, TM Subsitutie, TM Swords Dance, TM Aerial Ace.
Health- 10/10 [COLOR="Red"][U](I'll be using the 100% method instead of the 10/10 method of keeping track of HP)

Pokemon: Donphan
Ability: Sturdy
TM/HM/BM/MT/ TM Gyro Ball, TM Stone Edge, BM Ice Shard, MT Seed Bomb, MT Superpower, BM Body Slam.

Other Info
Nothing really...

^ ^
Click

Last edited by Yoda55; 06-15-2009 at 04:51 PM.