Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:36 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky
Default 1st Place BR Report

So yeah, I got my mom to drive me an hour to New Holland, PA to participate in a Battle Roads. We got there at about 10, turned in our decklists, and practiced. I bought a pack of RR beforehand, where I got a Rev Holo Rampardos GL (which I would later trade for a Mismagius GL). Greg was judging and he had us sit down to take a headcount, and then we got started. Seniors would have 4 Rounds with a Top 2 Cut.

Round 1
Michael L (Speedrill). VS. Aiden (Blazetran)
I started out with Weedle, him with POP Heatran. He moved first, putting an energy onto Heatran. I got two Beedril out and Band Attacked for 60, and next turn he got no energy. From there I took out that Heatran, his benched Heatran, a Ninetales, and finally his Combusken for the win. Me: 1-0

After we battled, we traded, and I traded two SP Energy for a Hippowdon (bad deal, I know, but I have a lot of them so...) and a Luxray GL for a Washtom. He was looking for Ape 4 LVX, and I promised him that if I got it from winning (which at the time, was just wishful thinking) I would trade it for his Mismagius GL LV. X. Greg put up pairings again, and so I found my opponent.

Round 2
Michael L (Speedrill) VS. Cameron G. (Tyranitar/Skuntank/Darkrai LV.X)
He started out with two Larvitar; me with a Weedle. He only managed to get up one TTar, but it had enough damage on it so I could KO it after it attacked me. Me: 2-0

I watched some of my fellow Seniors play their DSs until the next round, where I was up against Isaiah.

Round 3
Michael L (Speedrill) VS. Isaiah R (Dialga G/Zam X)
I saw him shuffling, and I saw a fire energy in there, and feared the worst: Ape 4 LV.X. I started with a Baltoy, him with a Crobat G. Unfortunately, I had to go first (had I gone second, the game would have been totally different... I slap an energy onto Baltoy and end. He draws a Dialga G, uses a Cyrus to get Energy Gain and a Metal Energy, retreats Crobat for Dialga, and Deafens me. Not being able to use any trainers (lucky for me, I drew into a Weedle) I put Weedle down and ended. He used a Roseanne's to get Zam 4 and something else, and from here things just went downhill. After getting two tails on Level Maxes over the next turns, he finally got a Heads and got Zam X out. Unfortunately for me, I had slapped down two Uxies on my bench, and couldn't get all four of my Beedrill out to take out a Dialga G. Both of my SSU failed too, so I had to resort to Twinneedle to try and KO Dialga G, which didn't work, and in the end, Isaiah won. Me: 2-1

I didn't have enough time to go get McDonalds, so I just waited around. Greg put up pairings, Isaiah and Geoff Sauk were to play each other, and I was to play some other kid.

Round 4:
Michael L (Speedrill) VS. Kevin K. (???)
He started with Quagsire GL, me with a Weedle; you can guess what happened. He played down one other Pokemon (which I forget) but I played a Warp Point and OHKOd it.

I reported my match to Greg, and told him that I left my deck with my mom in case he needed it. He said it was highly unlikely that I would top cut. I shrugged, and left for McDonalds. I came back with my Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese to see Isaiah and Geoff still playing, so I sat by my mom. Geoff ended up winning the battle, and Greg announced the top cut...

Michael L VS. Geoff S

I was shocked, so was Isaiah. Greg went back and double checked it to see if it was right, I am not sure if it was for Isaiah's sake or to see if I had really gotten in Top Cut. It was correct, so I sorted out my deck and gave it to Greg. While I waited, I traded for the Mismagius GL and another Gastrodon East. Greg got my deck back to me, and Geoff and I began.

Finals Match 1
Michael L (Speedrill) VS. Geoff S (Flygon)
I had been dreading this battle all day. Lucky for me though, he got a Mewtwo start (although I got Baltoy and had to move first). I got up my Beedrills early on, and started swinging for 90, and then he got Flygon X out. I was up a few prizes at this point, and I figured as long as my Night Maintenance didn't get discarded, I would be fine. Of course, Eroding Storm discarded one of my two Night Maintenance. Regardless, I had one in my hand the whole time, so when he took out one of my Beedrill, I threw another up, used Night Maintenance for Weedle, Beedrill, Grass Energy, and Flutter Wings for the Weedle. Then, I began to use my 3 Quick Ball. The Pokemon in my deck at the time were Baltoy, Claydol, Kakuna, and the Beedrill I needed. First Quick Ball gave me a Baltoy, the second a Claydol, and finally the last one gave me the Beedrill, so I rare Candied and OHKOd his active Flygon, and picked up my last prize a Pokemon or two after.

Finals Match 2
Michael L (Speedrill) VS. Geoff S (Flygon)
I had an awesome start, Geoff had a bad one (he would later reveal to me that his starting hand was two Roseanne's, Trapinch, and 4 Energy). Even though I went first, he couldn't do much better. I got up 3 Beedrill quickly, and started sweeping through his Pokemon, as he couldn't get anything powered up. Eventually he had Uxie as his active and a Trapinch on his Bench. I dropped a Warp Point, and he gave in.

So, I won my first Battle Roads! My packs weren't too spectacular, but I got my 2nd Charon's Choice, 3 Bebe's Search, Flygon, and a Rev Holo Upper Energy

Props:
-1st Place!
-Beating Geoff
-Beedrill
-Warp Point
-Trading for Washtom and Gastrodon East
-Charon's Choice

Slops:
-The store smelled like dog
-No LV.X or Frostom
-My burger had too little ketchup (and when I tried to put more on, I spilled on my shirt)

My deck is posted on Pokebeach, just ask me if you want to see it
Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel
Default Re: 1st Place BR Report

Congrats on the win. Hopefully, I'll do nearly as well at my BRs, provided I can go.

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 06-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Can you post your deck please I wanna see the Beedrills and stuff I plan on playing the TCG again one day I still just have my Gardevoir,Gallade,Togekiss deck at the moment.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 06-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Pokemon: 18
4-4-4 Beedrill (4GE-4RR-3GE/1RR)
2-2 Claydol
2 Uxie
1 Azelf

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
4 Pokedex Handy910
4 Quick Ball
4 Bebe's Search
3 Roseanne's Research
4 Rare Candy
4 Broken Time Space
2 Night Maintenance
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Volkner's Philosophy
3 Warp Point
1 Luxury Ball

Energy: 8
8 Grass Energy

I'm trying to figure out how to put in another Night Maintenance. ^_^;;
Old 06-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Dang people just keep using fewer and fewer energys nowadays it's crazy.
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 06-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Beedrill only needs one energy to Band Attack, so yeah, it doesn't need many. :x
Old 06-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I like your deck simple and effective I may have to try one myself one day.