Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:11 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: Secret Key up for Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Clovers View Post
eh? Why would you need to buy the Secret Key to change forms for a rented Rotom in a gym? Just pick which form you want your Rotom to be, if any.
But surely Rented Rotom are still Rotom? So people would still need the key to change it...
Old 05-24-2009, 03:38 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Ok, example. You wouldn't buy a Thunderstone so on your rented Pikachu to get a rented Raichu. Or if you want to switch from rented Vileplume to rented Bellossom, you wouldn't buy a Sun Stone. The Gym automatically gives you these Pokemon.

You only use items for evolution on Pokemon you own, not your rented Gym Pokemon. The same would apply here, with the different Rotom forms. Though, if you switch forms, you'd have to post it first, just like any Gym line-up change.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 05-24-2009, 03:51 AM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Ok, example. You wouldn't buy a Thunderstone so on your rented Pikachu to get a rented Raichu. Or if you want to switch from rented Vileplume to rented Bellossom, you wouldn't buy a Sun Stone. The Gym automatically gives you these Pokemon.

You only use items for evolution on Pokemon you own, not your rented Gym Pokemon. The same would apply here, with the different Rotom forms. Though, if you switch forms, you'd have to post it first, just like any Gym line-up change.

~Jack~
How could you even have a rented Pikachu? I thought gym rents had to be fully evolved. Bellossom evolves from Gloom, not Vileplume.

Rotom is a special case because it can change forms on it's own. So I would think you'd have to buy the key each time :x
Old 05-24-2009, 04:01 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

It's possible to prove a case with a Light Ball Pikachu. And I know what Gloom evolves into, haha! I was giving an example of a branching evolution of the same Pokemon, where you can pick which Pokemon you wanted. That's kind of what Rotom is, a special branched 'evolution' into different forms.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 05-24-2009, 07:59 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
It's possible to prove a case with a Light Ball Pikachu. And I know what Gloom evolves into, haha! I was giving an example of a branching evolution of the same Pokemon, where you can pick which Pokemon you wanted. That's kind of what Rotom is, a special branched 'evolution' into different forms.

~Jack~
Pikachu is not the same mon as Raichu.
Gloom is not the same mon as Bellossom.

Rotom is the same mon as the other forms, just in a different form and slightly altered stats. It's kept under one Pokedex entry.

When you rent a mon, you basically just pick out a Pokemon from the Gym's metaphorical infinite stock of Pokemon. So, if you had a Pikachu and wanted a Raichu, you'd say 'Ok, swapping my Rent Pikachu for a Rent Raichu', not evolving.

If Rented Rotom didn't have to be changed with the Secret Key, then many people with Rented Rotom in their Gym would just think 'Oh, I'll save 2k and not ever get my rotom owned'. You can still have 10 Pokemon with one rent. :x
Old 05-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
When you rent a mon, you basically just pick out a Pokemon from the Gym's metaphorical infinite stock of Pokemon.
heh, that's exactly what it is! While they may hold the same Pokedex number, they are still considered separate Pokemon. Which means you can pick it if you want.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 05-26-2009, 11:02 AM
We Taste Pies... Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to We Taste Pies... Send a message via MSN to We Taste Pies...

Quote:

heh, that's exactly what it is! While they may hold the same Pokedex number, they are still considered separate Pokemon. Which means you can pick it if you want.

~Jack~
Rotom is similiar to Unknown in this way. There are 29 different Unknowns, as well as there are multiple Rotom forms. They share the same number as their counterparts, but technically are not the same pokemon.

Anyway, I'm still not entirely sure if my question was answered: Could a Rotom form be used as a Wildcard in a gym if the chosen form corresponded to the gyms type?
Old 05-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by We The Pichus... View Post
Rotom is similiar to Unknown in this way. There are 29 different Unknowns, as well as there are multiple Rotom forms. They share the same number as their counterparts, but technically are not the same pokemon.
Unown is the exact same Pokemon in each of the letters, with the exact same move and stats. Rotom is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by We The Pichus...
Anyway, I'm still not entirely sure if my question was answered: Could a Rotom form be used as a Wildcard in a gym if the chosen form corresponded to the gyms type?
I would have to say no, because having one attack that corresponds with the gym type doesn't qualify for a Wild Card spot imo, but I'm not a League Organizer.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:05 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:

~Jack~
:|

You just said they're the same Pokemon and that they're different Pokemon in the same sentence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by We The Pichus... View Post
You'd have to ask the league organizer of the gym. They all have a different opinoin.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:24 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

No, I said they're the same number, different physical Pokemon. Just like Wormadam.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 05-27-2009, 03:57 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
You'd have to ask the league organizer of the gym. They all have a different opinoin.

I agree with this. Essentially, your league organizer will decide one way or the other. It's not like it's too critical either. Rotom isn't invincible, else we would have banned it.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.