Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 03-04-2004, 01:54 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Return of the King Gets 11 Oscar Awards!

I'm so happy that Return of the King got all the awards they were nominated for, 11 wins out of 11 nominations, including best film and best director.

It's well deserved, espicially for best film and director. It's a surprise to me that it won every category that it was nominated for, it ties the record for the most awards at 11. Also, sets the record for winning 11 out 11 nominations.

For once, I agreed with pretty much all the winner choices (partly because Return of the King won so much I suppose lol). Charlize Theron for best actress, good. For best actor, it was a split for me, either Sean Penn or Bill Murray, I was leaning more towards Murray, but Penn is good choice as well.

List of winners: http://www.oscars.org/76academyawards/nomswins.html
Old 03-04-2004, 03:02 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Return of the King Gets 11 Oscar Awards!

It actually tied with Titantic for the highest amount of Academy Awards. But I honestly felt Lord of the Rings was far more popular than Titantic was in its day.

Old 03-04-2004, 03:33 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
It actually tied with Titantic for the highest amount of Academy Awards. But I honestly felt Lord of the Rings was far more popular than Titantic was in its day.
Right, Titanic had 11 awards, the same as Return of the King. The previous record for winning all the awards a movie has been nominated for, was 9 out of 9. Return of the King got a perfect 11 out 11, so that's the new record.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:51 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

That's great man. it's a new world record for the closing part. Only appropriate.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:45 PM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost

Yep. I'm really happy that LOTR got exactly what it deserved. It was obviously an incredible trilogy. ^^
Old 03-05-2004, 03:41 AM
Sophie Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sophie Send a message via MSN to Sophie Send a message via Yahoo to Sophie

It's hard to believe that it tied with Titanic. IMO, titanic was a much better movie than LOTR and LOTR did not deserve all the awards it got. Matrix should have been nominated -.-
Old 03-05-2004, 04:00 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Yeah. i'm kinda not a Matrix 2/3 fan. Don't get me wrong, but the first one destoryed everything (including the LOTR movies). But the Matrix as a triology pales IMO.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:53 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Excellent, purely excellent. What a fitting end for all of the actors and staff who worked on the trilogy. I can honestly say that the Return of the King was one of the best movies I have ever seen, an accurate avatar of my favorite series of books. Congrats, Peter Jackson!

Now I really can't wait for The Silmarillion, though I know that The Hobbit will be done first...
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.