Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default The GTS Glitch [For Pokemon requiring trade to evolve] (Sticky?)

The GTS Glitch!

Ever hated waiting for someone to do a TnTB to get that Scizor, or even a PorygonZ? That is now null and void with this little trick I discovered awhile back.

(I'm in the process of making a video with better imaging and will post it when completed. Also if this doesn't belong here then could a mod kindly move it please? This seemed like the appropriate place.)

Things you need:

-A junk Pokemon you don't mind trading other than the one you want to evolve.
-The Pokemon you wish to evolve through trade (including any item requirements that it needs to hold)
-Access to the GTS (Global Trade Station)

The Process:

First, you head to the GTS, and get onto Wi-Fi. Look for any random Pokemon you could easily trade for something you can catch within a five minute time span. Examples: Starly, Onix, Magikarp, anything someone wouldn't commonly want, for something you can easily get in the wild. After you have found a trade, leave Wi-Fi and go find your Pokemon requirement, and put it in your party.

Next, take your Pokemon you wish to evolve into your Party, and head back online in the GTS. Deposit your Pokemon that you want to evolve onto the GTS. Put it for something crazy, like you would for cloning. Doing this before you find a trade is highly unsuggested because of the possibility of having someone trade you that crazy Pokemon, and you losing the Pokemon you wish to evolve. (It's happened to me. I really didn't like losing my Adamant natured Scyther that I was going to evolve into a Scizor, to a level 3 Crobat...)

Now, go and relocate the easy junk trade you found. Having a Pokemon like Onix you're trading for is unlikely to disappear because anyone could find them easily in the wild. (That is if it's not a Shiny.)

So, make the trade with your Pokemon you want to evolve in the GTS. This will only work if it is on offer, it won't work if it is in your Party. After the trade is complete, remove your Pokemon from the GTS.

Now, it should say it's evolving, if you completed all the steps correctly and/or had the items to be held on your Pokemon in order for it to evolve.

Q&A

Does this harm my game?
-I have not had any problems with my games, so I would say no.

Note that I have evolved the following Pokemon using this trick:
Scizor, Huntail, Dusknoir, Porygon2/PorygonZ, Alakazam, Gengar, Kingdra, Steelix etc.

How does this work?
-The game recognizes a trade was made over the internet, however when you take your Pokemon out, it applies that trade to that Pokemon, therefore evolving it, even though you didn't trade it. It's only tricking the game a bit; I call it 'trading over evolution.

Is this compatible for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum?
-Yes it is, however Platinum is a harder process because of the new GTS format, and not being able to see level requirements. If you're using Platinum, I advise that you always find a junk trade before you deposit your Pokemon into the GTS.

Isn't TnTB (Trade and Trade Back) safer?
-Yes, it probably is but waiting for that can be awhile. Using this method is probably just as safe, since if you're doing it with a stranger, who knows what could happen. (Of course I know the good people of the forum would never do such things)

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 05-02-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: The GTS Glitch (For Pokemon requiring trade to evolve)

This glitch was discovered within about a week of pokemon's release in Japan, I'm afraid you cannot credit yourself with it's discovery. However it's a nicely written guide regardless, it could get stickied in the guides forum (Which is where this kind of thing belongs btw).
Old 04-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
This glitch was discovered within about a week of pokemon's release in Japan, I'm afraid you cannot credit yourself with it's discovery. However it's a nicely written guide regardless, it could get stickied in the guides forum (Which is where this kind of thing belongs btw).
Eh, no harm in trying right?

And I kinda realized that after I posted which is why I noted it to be moved...I'm sick, so it's my scapegoat.

EDIT: I can still have people ask me to post my writting else where, since I did write it up.

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 04-29-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Moved to D/P: Guides.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
Moved to D/P: Guides.
Thank you very much, very appreciated.