Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-17-2009, 09:50 PM
AshMistyMayfan's Avatar
AshMistyMayfan Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Johto
Posts: 3,080
Default Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

There is a rumor flying about on Serebii's forum about Ambipom. Spoiler>>>
It's in white, so read/reply at your own risk!

From what I have been reading about on Serebii, next episode next week about ping pong, this might be Ambipom's last episode. The rumors have been flying around that Ambipom will leave in a variety of ways:

Dawn releases it, dont' know why. Yeah (spoiler) she didn't do so well in the contest, but why release Ambipom? That's something Paul would do.

Ambipom develops a love for Ping pong and wants to stay behind.

So what do you think? And note, it's a spoiler that airs in Japan by next week. It could be Ambipom's last episode.
__________________
ATeam's elite members. If you are stuck in a dungeon, you better contact the ATeam.

Last edited by AshMistyMayfan; 04-17-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Ajarr Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 1,163
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

IDK, but why they would want to kill it off of Dawn's team? Probably to put in another Pokemon.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-18-2009, 01:44 AM
Calypso's Avatar
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Highlands
Posts: 3,537
Send a message via MSN to Calypso
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

Yeah, I heard about this.

If they do go through with it, I'm guessing it'll be to make room for a new capture, since the writer's seem reluctant to give the female protagonist's more than 5 pokemon at each time. I'd prefer if this didn't happen though, considering Mamoswine has done little as it is, and others like Pachirisu are starved of screen time.

Also, Ambipom is absent from the Movie 12 merchandise iirc, whilst the rest of the pokemon are present, including Staraptor and Monferno, who weren't even revealed at the time the movie was announced. It wasn't listed in Dawn's bio on the website until about last week either.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2009, 03:52 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
There is a rumor flying about on Serebii's forum about Ambipom. Spoiler>>>
It's in white, so read/reply at your own risk!

From what I have been reading about on Serebii, next episode next week about ping pong, this might be Ambipom's last episode. The rumors have been flying around that Ambipom will leave in a variety of ways:

Dawn releases it, dont' know why. Yeah (spoiler) she didn't do so well in the contest, but why release Ambipom? That's something Paul would do.

Ambipom develops a love for Ping pong and wants to stay behind.

So what do you think? And note, it's a spoiler that airs in Japan by next week. It could be Ambipom's last episode.
Another option: Give it back to Ash. >_>
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-18-2009, 05:37 AM
ssquaderi's Avatar
ssquaderi Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 120
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Another option: Give it back to Ash. >_>
She can do that but then one of ash's pokemon would have to go to prof. oak cause u can only have 6 pokemon, unless buizel is traded back
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-18-2009, 05:39 AM
ssquaderi's Avatar
ssquaderi Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 120
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
Yeah, I heard about this.

If they do go through with it, I'm guessing it'll be to make room for a new capture, since the writer's seem reluctant to give the female protagonist's more than 5 pokemon at each time. I'd prefer if this didn't happen though, considering Mamoswine has done little as it is, and others like Pachirisu are starved of screen time.

Also, Ambipom is absent from the Movie 12 merchandise iirc, whilst the rest of the pokemon are present, including Staraptor and Monferno, who weren't even revealed at the time the movie was announced. It wasn't listed in Dawn's bio on the website until about last week either.
where did you read that? the whole thing, where and especially the bit about movie 12, plz give me a link, thx
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Calypso's Avatar
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Highlands
Posts: 3,537
Send a message via MSN to Calypso
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquaderi View Post
where did you read that? the whole thing, where and especially the bit about movie 12, plz give me a link, thx
It's just speculation. I'm not saying it's confirmed that it will be leaving, and even if it does, I'm not certain that it will be to free space on Dawn's team.

Also:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/up...uta_poster.jpg
Ambipom is absent.

http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/20...ovie-12th.html
Ambipom is absent again. Happiny and Sudowoodo are also missing from both, but are listed under Brock's biography page on the Movie 12 website.

Dawn's bio:
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...Hikari_Bio.png
Ambipom was orignally missing, but has since been added. Honestly though, I think it's just to ease the speculation and throw us off track.


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquaderi View Post
She can do that but then one of ash's pokemon would have to go to prof. oak cause u can only have 6 pokemon, unless buizel is traded back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post


It's just speculation. I'm not saying it's confirmed that it will be leaving, and even if it does, I'm not certain that it will be to free space on Dawn's team.

Also:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/up...uta_poster.jpg
Ambipom is absent.

http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/20...ovie-12th.html
Ambipom is absent again. Happiny and Sudowoodo are also missing from both, but are listed under Brock's biography page on the Movie 12 website.

Dawn's bio:
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...Hikari_Bio.png
Ambipom was orignally missing, but has since been added. Honestly though, I think it's just to ease the speculation and throw us off track.


I reckon the best case scenario is that it ends up taking space in someone's Pokemon box. >_>

And the worst case scenario is that it gets released, never to be seen again.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-19-2009, 04:38 AM
ssquaderi's Avatar
ssquaderi Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 120
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post


It's just speculation. I'm not saying it's confirmed that it will be leaving, and even if it does, I'm not certain that it will be to free space on Dawn's team.

Also:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/up...uta_poster.jpg
Ambipom is absent.

http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/20...ovie-12th.html
Ambipom is absent again. Happiny and Sudowoodo are also missing from both, but are listed under Brock's biography page on the Movie 12 website.

Dawn's bio:
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...Hikari_Bio.png
Ambipom was orignally missing, but has since been added. Honestly though, I think it's just to ease the speculation and throw us off track.


thx but i cant read japanese so i cant really identify what's written on the bio. with the other sites you can highlight the words but in the bio you cant so i count translate it. thx anyway
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-19-2009, 04:42 AM
ssquaderi's Avatar
ssquaderi Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 120
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
I reckon the best case scenario is that it ends up taking space in someone's Pokemon box. >_>

And the worst case scenario is that it gets released, never to be seen again.
The worst case scenario of your's is probably the worst but most likely just like ash's primeape dawn's ambipom will have a future in ping pong.

wouldnt it be awesome if like 2 more seasons from now ash's primape and dawn's ambipom meet each other and then they both go back to their trainers stronger than ever
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquaderi View Post
thx but i cant read japanese so i cant really identify what's written on the bio. with the other sites you can highlight the words but in the bio you cant so i count translate it. thx anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquaderi View Post
The worst case scenario of your's is probably the worst but most likely just like ash's primeape dawn's ambipom will have a future in ping pong.

wouldnt it be awesome if like 2 more seasons from now ash's primape and dawn's ambipom meet each other and then they both go back to their trainers stronger than ever
Hey, please don't double post. >:O

But yeah, I reckon that the most likely scenario is what you said.

Meh. What would happen? :9
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 PM
AshMistyMayfan's Avatar
AshMistyMayfan Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Johto
Posts: 3,080
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

We just got our answer, it's officially gone.
__________________
ATeam's elite members. If you are stuck in a dungeon, you better contact the ATeam.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
We just got our answer, it's officially gone.
Ouch. Never to be seen again? Or will it appear once every few seasons?
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Calypso's Avatar
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Highlands
Posts: 3,537
Send a message via MSN to Calypso
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

Gone, most likely. Unless the writers learned from Primeape/Pidgeot, and allow her to return now and again. After all, Ou did take her to Kanto. Vermillion City, iirc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Is Ambipom leaving? (Spoiler ALERT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
Gone, most likely. Unless the writers learned from Primeape/Pidgeot, and allow her to return now and again. After all, Ou did take her to Kanto. Vermillion City, iirc.
Or we could look at the examples where the released Pokemon did appear again...
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com