Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:50 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: Money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Turtwig View Post
Dawn's a prostitute, and Brock's family owned a Taco cart outside of Pewter City, and has money wired to him at Pokemon Centers.

Why is everyone treating Dawn like that?

Even though the Brock one makes sense...

Or he could stuff it all in his backpack.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:01 AM
rangermoore Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post

Why is everyone treating Dawn like that?

Even though the Brock one makes sense...

Or he could stuff it all in his backpack.
Oh, people are treating Dawn like that just because she's new. She has to earn her way to respect. I personally think she's one of the best female leads. She didn't choose a stupid Torchic, she chose a manly Piplup. Lol, Jk.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:01 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangermoore View Post
Oh, people are treating Dawn like that just because she's new. She has to earn her way to respect. I personally think she's one of the best female leads. She didn't choose a stupid Torchic, she chose a manly Piplup. Lol, Jk.
Imo Torchic and Piplup are equally good in their own right.

Meh, did anyone treat Misty that way when she first appeared?
Old 04-12-2009, 05:43 AM
rangermoore Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Imo Torchic and Piplup are equally good in their own right.

Meh, did anyone treat Misty that way when she first appeared?
Well, that thing about Torchic and Piplup, I was just saying that because I don't care for fire types.

As for the Misty thing, I don't think anyone did treat her like that because she was introduced to everyone when they were just getting used to the series, and she was the first female that viewers could relate to, and the first *ahem* attractive female lead. But May, and Max especially, were treated badly just because they were knew. I think even Tracy had a rocky start.

(I never liked Tracy anyway. His sketch pad was annoying and he didn't even try to get a girl. In the Power of One, he hoped they were fighting over whether or NOT he was Misty's girlfriend.)
Old 04-13-2009, 05:29 PM
lucemon22 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Maybe parents save up to send their kids on Pokemon journeys? Just like they save up for college of whatever irl. Lol.
well that would be odd.....then again some parents pay a arm and a leg for private schools, so I guess thats possible....
Old 04-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Ajarr Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Turtwig View Post
Dawn's a prostitute, and Brock's family owned a Taco cart outside of Pewter City, and has money wired to him at Pokemon Centers.
You're right about the prostitute part, but Brock's family sells rocks.... which is weird. If you don't believe me watch one of the old episodes.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:09 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

That's easy...
They got 'Poke'money.

Get it? The Poke you get in the game, I'm sure the characters have it.

Makes sense, even though it's lame.

I'm sure in the Pokemon Centers, if healing the Pokemon is free, so is everything else.

I do find it ironic thought that we never see them in a Pokemart. Well, yeah there was that one place from the episode 'Steamboat Willies' with Dawn holding the Piplup mask, but I never really seen them do any shopping.

Dawn's a prostitute? Man, Mad TV would have some fun material with that one! I know Dawn does have some leg. Brock owning a taco cart, now that's a good one!

Anything on Dawn or Brock, it's all just a joke. It doesn't mean being mean spirited. Dawn does wear a great outfit...but you got to admit her skirt is a little short. Everytime I look at her on Serebii, man, how much shorter does it get to censorship?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

maybe the stuff in the pokemart is free in the anime and htey have infinite suplly or maybe ash mom sends him some money. or maybe ash earns money when he battles a gym leader and more money when he participates in the pokemon league.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 04-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Hahaha, I actually thought of this question long ago. Seems weird to me. I always thought how one could make a living out of being a Pokemon Trainer. I mean, yes, you get reward money, but what if the people don't HAVE any money?? xD
It's a question we'll never know the answer to...

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:17 AM
rangermoore Offline
Amateur Trainer

Well, I have tried this in the game, and if you run out of money, you don't have to pay the person anything if you lose...

And everyone hates you.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

I think that they get money from battles, and that besides that everyone on a journey gets a monthly check from their parents, so everyone that is battling would have money. If they didn't the logical thing would be they would have to pay with items or food, or if worst comes to worst, give the winner one of their PC pokemon.
It does not matter that it is just a anime or a game it is fun and interesting to think about these things. I've been doing it for ten years and I have no intention of stopping now thank you very much

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 04-14-2009, 06:16 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
I think that they get money from battles, and that besides that everyone on a journey gets a monthly check from their parents, so everyone that is battling would have money. If they didn't the logical thing would be they would have to pay with items or food, or if worst comes to worst, give the winner one of their PC pokemon.
It does not matter that it is just a anime or a game it is fun and interesting to think about these things. I've been doing it for ten years and I have no intention of stopping now thank you very much
I feel the same way, Orange. I'm never too old to enjoy Pokemon or play the games. I find them very relaxing and enjoyable.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:09 AM
hobos r pro Offline
Experienced Trainer

maybe they just find money off the ground lol
Old 04-15-2009, 03:05 AM
lucemon22 Offline
Amateur Trainer

how would battles work really? cause if they gain money from it, they surely loose it too. I dout ashs mom is rich...then again now that I think about it,....and the fourth movie.... oak could be there man with the doe.... and I have seen a few marts in the show...not many for sure
Old 04-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucemon22 View Post
how would battles work really? cause if they gain money from it, they surely loose it too. I dout ashs mom is rich...then again now that I think about it,....and the fourth movie.... oak could be there man with the doe.... and I have seen a few marts in the show...not many for sure
Giovanni is Ash's father, so of COURSE Delia's rich. And she steadily wires Ash and the gang a few thousand bucks a month.
And I bet Cyrus is Ash's 'uncle.'

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}