Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:02 PM
AngelWings_KoKoPuff Offline

Default Re: Magic

I've always believed in magic. I believe in the things I see and I see magic in a lot of things others don't. I have developed my psychic gift, and I consider that magic. I believe in witches and sorcerers and wizards and certainly believe in wiccans.
So that's that for me. Magic's out there, in my book. ^^

私は彼を愛します。
« k o m a c h i.m a t s u m o t o »

Old 04-25-2009, 02:11 AM
Dragon_Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWings_KoKoPuff View Post
I've always believed in magic. I believe in the things I see and I see magic in a lot of things others don't. I have developed my psychic gift, and I consider that magic. I believe in witches and sorcerers and wizards and certainly believe in wiccans.
So that's that for me. Magic's out there, in my book. ^^
Whoa...freaky...Psychic?

*Shivers*

Anyway, I believe magic is real, but I know, by what my religion tells me, that I should turn away from that. I mean, what makes magic work? Probabley something not very...good.
But that's just me.

\-†††-/It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool,
then to open it, and remove all doubt.\-†††-/

Old 04-25-2009, 02:16 AM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Magic is a load of willy nilly pagan riffraff.

~EFG~

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 05-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

Well, I think it depends on what kind of magic it is, it's either good or bad, or even a regular trick (the ones you see in carnivals and parties).
But magic must be used and practiced wisely.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewchirio View Post
If you mean the "lightning bolts come out of your hands and smite your foe" kind of stuff;

Magic falls into different categories. First there is the magic we see in shows and on TV. Those are illusionists at work. It isn't paranormal or sorcery. Then we have the LOTR, Warcraft, Harry Potter magic. The ability to control the natural through supernatural powers. As someone mentioned earlier, the Bible does mention acts of sorcery but everyone considers that the miracles of God.
Go to the Anime section

Old 05-07-2009, 12:26 AM
AKATheTitan Offline
Experienced Trainer

I believe that everything is magic until it is proven with science. If it can't, it will remain magic forever. But then again, nothing lasts forever, so eventually all magic will be proven by science. Then this science will slowly be forgotten, and when the subject is rediscovered, it becomes magical again until it once again becomes proven by science.

//ARCH KNIGHTS OF ALTAIR\\
| We are the new day's sun, ascending towards the sky to vanquish the night's wretched darkness. It is our birthright to uphold the necessities of order and justice. With sword and scale in hand, we shall protect these virtues with our lives. |
Old 05-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I agree. Also, you have a 69 in your sig lololol

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 05-07-2009, 01:18 AM
AKATheTitan Offline
Experienced Trainer

If I had a dollar for every time someone looked at Cancer's astrological symbol and said 'lololol 69,' I'd be rich. :P

//ARCH KNIGHTS OF ALTAIR\\
| We are the new day's sun, ascending towards the sky to vanquish the night's wretched darkness. It is our birthright to uphold the necessities of order and justice. With sword and scale in hand, we shall protect these virtues with our lives. |
Old 05-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

The simple fact is that Magic is just as rediculous sounding as any religion it's just a crackpot theory with no evidence one day everyone will realize this.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 05-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKATheTitan View Post
I believe that everything is magic until it is proven with science. If it can't, it will remain magic forever. But then again, nothing lasts forever, so eventually all magic will be proven by science. Then this science will slowly be forgotten, and when the subject is rediscovered, it becomes magical again until it once again becomes proven by science.
The magic of science, no doubt.

Anyone ever consider trying to find out whether magic exists by proving with science?
Old 05-24-2009, 03:13 PM
fullmetal Offline

Send a message via AIM to fullmetal

If magic its self was a form of power, I believe people would harness this form of power today. In which we don't, so that's why I don't believe in it.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
In a word, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
Magic is a load of willy nilly pagan riffraff.

~EFG~
QFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKATheTitan View Post
wait, what. magic is magic is magic until its science then it becomes magic again? WTF

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 05-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

I believe he is saying that anything that happens that we can't explain or prove is Magic and once we understand it and prove it then it no longer is magic but like I said it's a bunch of nonsense to me personally but who knows anything is possible especially a flying Spaghetti monster!
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 06-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Here comes the resident Wiccan lol.

First of all, people are getting magic mixed up with magick. Magic is what performers like David Copperfield do; it's the illusionist, entertainment stuff. Magick, as spelled by Wiccans and others, is the working of spells and rituals and such to take control of the energy of the universe, the All, and the Self, and use it to improve life. Magick is spelled with a 'k' at the end to separate it from the other kind of magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master View Post
Whoa...freaky...Psychic?

*Shivers*

Anyway, I believe magic is real, but I know, by what my religion tells me, that I should turn away from that. I mean, what makes magic work? Probabley something not very...good.
But that's just me.
Please try to research something before you make assumptions like that :/ What makes magick work is the will to make changes in the world around you, the desire to improve life and the earth. Witches know that magick is never meant to harm or decrease the quality of life of another, and neither is the means that initiates magick (that means no freaking sacrifices of lambs or stuff like that). what makes magick work is a person's will and their spirit, so tell me, are those things "not good"?

Also, there's nothing freaky about psychic powers lol. Which, btw, Vampire is right about. Everyone has the potential to unlock inherit psychic abilities within themselves, just like everyone is capable of wielding magick. It's not some random, freakish gift only freaks are born with ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaundrell Yumerai View Post
Well, I think it depends on what kind of magic it is, it's either good or bad, or even a regular trick (the ones you see in carnivals and parties).
But magic must be used and practiced wisely.
QFT. Not only must it be used wisely, but also with respect of yourself and the world around you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso View Post

Magic falls into different categories. First there is the magic we see in shows and on TV. Those are illusionists at work. It isn't paranormal or sorcery. Then we have the LOTR, Warcraft, Harry Potter magic. The ability to control the natural through supernatural powers. As someone mentioned earlier, the Bible does mention acts of sorcery but everyone considers that the miracles of God.

Actually, there are more than two categories lol. There's three; the first two you mentioned, and then actual magick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
The simple fact is that Magic is just as rediculous sounding as any religion it's just a crackpot theory with no evidence one day everyone will realize this.
Wow, so something has to have evidence in order to exist. That's very perceptive of you, friend. You sound like a self-righteous Atheist. There's nothing crackpot about magick, and those of us who practice it have all the evidence we need via the changes we bring about in our lives and the lives of others, through the pulse and rhythm of being at one with the Self and the Earth and the All. Sorry if it's not enough "evidence" for you, but it's more than enough for us.

Also, it's spelled "ridiculous".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
The magic of science, no doubt.

Anyone ever consider trying to find out whether magic exists by proving with science?
Why does everything require science to prove it before it can be accepted? The simple fact is no one thing, be it science or religion or whatever, is perfect enough to prove all the phenomenon (either natural or otherwise) that take place in the universe. There will always be mysteries.

This is a Wiki article on magick, btw. For those of you who are interested 8D. Here's an article about Wicca.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 06-08-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:40 AM
OrexxerO Offline
Master Trainer

I would like to point out if we showed any of our technology to people from 400 years ago we would be accused of witchcraft and evil magiks.

My point being, people like to say that people of religion or religions that believe in gods have "magical powers" or the like, when really if you knew all that there is to know about science that would effectively make you a God. Yet no one seems to look at God as a being who has mastered science to the point they can do anything with it.