Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:02 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Piplup doesn't want to evolve?

From what I saw in JP's double episode, it seems that at the end, Dawn got an 'everstone' from nurse Joy to keep Piplup from evolving. Does that mean it never wants to evolve? I don't get its attitude.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:08 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17
Default Re: Piplup doesn't want to evolve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
From what I saw in JP's double episode, it seems that at the end, Dawn got an 'everstone' from nurse Joy to keep Piplup from evolving. Does that mean it never wants to evolve? I don't get its attitude.
I figured that was coming anyways. Piplup's like "I can do anything that a Priplup or Empoleon can do just like this!" xD

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 04-05-2009, 05:29 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Hmm, maybe Piplup wants to be the MVP of Pokemon...never know.

Kind of scary to envision it as an MVP with its own little theme as it wears its everstone.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Either you're right, or Dawn doesn't want it to evolve, which seems more likely to me considering her occupation...

And tell me again why she (fine: her Piplup) needs an Everstone to do that when Ash's Bulbasaur managed perfectly without one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
I figured that was coming anyways. Piplup's like "I can do anything that a Priplup or Empoleon can do just like this!" xD
... and then some, it adds (eg. being cute). Right?

Quote:
Hmm, maybe Piplup wants to be the MVP of Pokemon...never know.

Kind of scary to envision it as an MVP with its own little theme as it wears its everstone.
What's an MVP again?
Old 04-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Ajarr Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
What's an MVP again?
Most
Valuable
Player

or should I say...

Most
Valuable
Pokemon

Anyways, I think Dawn is just stupid. No one wants to see the 2ft penguin anymore, we want to see a freakin' Empoleon! If I was Ash I would steal the Everstone, throw it into a river, and make off with Piplup so I can have a Empoleon.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:05 PM
The Frozen Prince Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Frozen Prince Send a message via MSN to The Frozen Prince Send a message via Yahoo to The Frozen Prince

I think Piplup doesn't wat to evolve because of what happened to Swinub. Swinub used to be a good Pokemon but since it evolved it doesn't listen to Dawn at all.

{Avvie and Sig by Me}

Old 04-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

If you read Piplup's Pokedex entry, Piplup seems to be a proud Pokémon. One of the proudest, in fact. It wants to be the best of its kind - a feat Pikachu also wants to accomplish.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
And tell me again why she (fine: her Piplup) needs an Everstone to do that when Ash's Bulbasaur managed perfectly without one?
Because without the Everstone, you have to deal with pressing B every time your Pokémon levels up.

It's annoying.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:58 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Because without the Everstone, you have to deal with pressing B every time your Pokémon levels up.

It's annoying.
Hmm, maybe Dawn has 'Click' the remote and has to press B to stop her Piplup from evolving. That would be something, Piplup starts to evolve and Dawn presses B to rewind time to prevent it.

I don't know, from what I saw in the pictures, it seemed like Piplup was telling Dawn it didn't want to evolve, and I can't see why when swinub evolved that it's pulling its Charizard and not obeying Dawn. Somebody needs to tell Dawn she needs GYM and not CONTEST badges to make her Pokemon obey. Be kind of ironic if Dawn was thinking winning contests makes her Pokemon obey, but it doesn't work like that.

I think having the Everstone is plain wrong to prevent evolution like this. Piplup should accept its time to evolve and its putting itself down by not doing it.

I found out in Platinum when I went to gyms 2-3, my teams got hammered because they were not evolved and didn't have the stats that evolved Pokemon have. Piplup could wind up going through the same thing and it'll wind up letting both its trainer and itself down.

Somebody needs to tell Dawn to let the Pokemon evolve, and maybe send them to Pokemon school if they refuse to obey.

Yeah, Ash should steal the everstone. That would be funny to have dawn wake up the next day and there's Prinplup!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Quote:
Remember that classic episode about Bulbasaur's evolution? It was something with a garden full of Venusaur...Anyways, yea, it like wanted to evolve or something, but didn't. My memory is a little foggy...

Maybe it will get like Charmander when it evolved into Charmeleon/Charizard. And Ash told Dawn about it so she decided not to evolve it. :P [Or the Swinub thing...]
Old 04-06-2009, 04:35 PM
redguy84 Offline
New Trainer

Smile Re: Piplup doesn't want to evolve?

I hope Piplup evolves eventually... though Prinplup and Empoleon are uglier... though Prin. and Empol. have better attacks... u know what, why not let all of Dawns Pokemon Evolve!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

I think in the anime the pokemon actually can control if they want to evolve or not (Bulbasaur even stopped himself when he was glowing after all) and so if they want to grow (which I think was true in this case), but you have an Everstone in their world, it is a bit like using mind control on them :P. Which goes against the whole message the anime seems to always been about ("Pokemon are people to!"). That annoys me a little bit, since I have always seen pokemon as animals . When they do things like this in the storyline it makes me wish they had just gone with the animals idea from the start (like it is in most of the manga). After all, you can still treat pokemon as just very smart pets and spoil them rotten ;D .

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 04-06-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajarr View Post
Most
Valuable
Player

or should I say...

Most
Valuable
Pokemon

Anyways, I think Dawn is just stupid. No one wants to see the 2ft penguin anymore, we want to see a freakin' Empoleon! If I was Ash I would steal the Everstone, throw it into a river, and make off with Piplup so I can have a Empoleon.
Ah, I see, thanks. :D

But... she's a Coordinator, and I believe she prefers to use cute Pokemon to win... :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frozen Prince View Post
I think Piplup doesn't wat to evolve because of what happened to Swinub. Swinub used to be a good Pokemon but since it evolved it doesn't listen to Dawn at all.
Could be true. But considering her Ambipom and Ash's Gliscor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
If you read Piplup's Pokedex entry, Piplup seems to be a proud Pokémon. One of the proudest, in fact. It wants to be the best of its kind - a feat Pikachu also wants to accomplish.
True, but...

I thought it not evolving was Dawn's idea? :O

... Oh well. :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post

It's annoying.
It's the anime, not the game.

And even if it was, Ash and his Bulbasaur would have the same problems as Dawn and her Piplup, and if the former pair could manage it perfectly, I don't see why the latter can't.

Quote:
I don't know, from what I saw in the pictures, it seemed like Piplup was telling Dawn it didn't want to evolve, and I can't see why when swinub evolved that it's pulling its Charizard and not obeying Dawn. Somebody needs to tell Dawn she needs GYM and not CONTEST badges to make her Pokemon obey. Be kind of ironic if Dawn was thinking winning contests makes her Pokemon obey, but it doesn't work like that.

I think having the Everstone is plain wrong to prevent evolution like this. Piplup should accept its time to evolve and its putting itself down by not doing it.

I found out in Platinum when I went to gyms 2-3, my teams got hammered because they were not evolved and didn't have the stats that evolved Pokemon have. Piplup could wind up going through the same thing and it'll wind up letting both its trainer and itself down.

Somebody needs to tell Dawn to let the Pokemon evolve, and maybe send them to Pokemon school if they refuse to obey.

Yeah, Ash should steal the everstone. That would be funny to have dawn wake up the next day and there's Prinplup!
Well, I know May dodn't need any gym badge to make her Pokemon obey her, so I can't see why Dawn can't do the same. Besides, Ash's Charmeleon/Charizard still disobeyed it even when Ash finished getting all those badges. In the anime, badges don't determine whether your Pokemon will obey you, and I don't think it even affects your Pokemon's power.

Heck, I can see that the Everstone will be forgotten for a long time like Ash's ThunderStone. And one more thing: you don't really need power to win in Pokemon coordinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
Remember that classic episode about Bulbasaur's evolution? It was something with a garden full of Venusaur...Anyways, yea, it like wanted to evolve or something, but didn't. My memory is a little foggy...

Maybe it will get like Charmander when it evolved into Charmeleon/Charizard. And Ash told Dawn about it so she decided not to evolve it. :P [Or the Swinub thing...]

Her first Pokemon getting like Charmander on evolving? I think not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguy84 View Post
I hope Piplup evolves eventually... though Prinplup and Empoleon are uglier... though Prin. and Empol. have better attacks... u know what, why not let all of Dawns Pokemon Evolve!
Um... she wouldn't want that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
I think in the anime the pokemon actually can control if they want to evolve or not (Bulbasaur even stopped himself when he was glowing after all) and so if they want to grow (which I think was true in this case), but you have an Everstone in their world, it is a bit like using mind control on them :P. Which goes against the whole message the anime seems to always been about ("Pokemon are people to!"). That annoys me a little bit, since I have always seen pokemon as animals . When they do things like this in the storyline it makes me wish they had just gone with the animals idea from the start (like it is in most of the manga). After all, you can still treat pokemon as just very smart pets and spoil them rotten ;D .
... o_O Blame whoever did it, then.

But seriously, it actually makes sense. Just like some humans are smarter than others, this also should apply to Pokemon.

One more thing (for all): correct me if (and only if) I'm wrong.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguy84 View Post
But remember, it has been shown that pokemon in the anime can learn nearly every attack they could ever know without needing to evolve ;)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 04-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
But remember, it has been shown that pokemon in the anime can learn nearly every attack they could ever know without needing to evolve ;)
Yes we know. Anime move errors.

And Dawn focuses on cuteness. Having seen Piplup's evolutions, she must have decided that under no circumstance will she have them. And it will go forgotten again. And stolen by Team Rocket in the end.

Tell me again why everyone ignores me. >_>