Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:09 AM
matt252007 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: The Misfits

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenVirus View Post
You should consider dumping loads of EVs into HP if you want to use Flame Orb. Ursaring wants maximum attack power and an Adamant nature to be doing as much damage as possible with Facades / Returns / whatevers. Seriously though, if I were you, I wouldn't bother investing any EVs into speed because Ursaring's base 55 speed won't get higher no matter how hard you try or wish.

If you want to use the Quick Feet variant of Ursaring, again with a Flame Orb, that's a different story. In this case, Ursaring WOULD want maximum speed and a Jolly nature to hit 343 speed, which is pretty darn fast if you consider its 55 base speed.
I see, thanks for the input. That ursaring will definitely be eating HP EVs. One last question that I asked before, and then this can be closed. Will my EVs I have for my DUsknoir work? OR should they be tweaked a little?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: The Misfits

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenVirus View Post
If you want to use the Quick Feet variant of Ursaring, again with a Flame Orb, that's a different story. In this case, Ursaring WOULD want maximum speed and a Jolly nature to hit 343 speed, which is pretty darn fast if you consider its 55 base speed.
Most Pokemon have 100 base speed (which translates to 329 max speed), which makes 330 Speed suffice. Or go for 340 to counter those with 105 base speed. A little extra EV in other areas would really go a long way though.

No comment about Attack though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt252007 View Post
I see, thanks for the input. That ursaring will definitely be eating HP EVs. One last question that I asked before, and then this can be closed. Will my EVs I have for my DUsknoir work? OR should they be tweaked a little?
Don't know.

Though I say Likilicky's still a good keep. After all, you switched in a Ghost Type just for this purpose.

How about a Shuckle (with Gastro Acid) and a Slaking combo? Oh wait. That's used a lot of times... right?