Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 04-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Lusitania Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,119
Default Re: Some Fun Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
1) Already discussed. Thanks for re-establishing something again.I love how when you can't retort against something or go against it, you say "Already ssaid, you spammed [inserting more annoying stuff here]".
2) Skins are nice to have.but are not needed. We have a decent amount of skins, and I am fine with that
3) That's why members can dispute them. -hears crowds of gasps-How about instead of having a cheesy system we actually build real reputations.
4) Take away avatars, we don't need them. Take away signatures, we don't need them. Take away VMing, we don't need to. All those are useless junk. But they are good to have. Just like gadgets. fine. We don't NEED those things. I will personally go on a sig/avvie strike to convince you. VMs can be convienant, but are not needed, as are signatures and avatars.
5) Thank you for actually..using sense. thank you for being a hypocrite
6) Like I said before, they wont spam if you don't count it towards the post count. So I say again..reading is hard. Oh god, you'd be suprised. And it's still spam, even if it doesn't count towards post count.

I can understand people saying that. But just that is not a good welcome. Espeically since people just copy and paste it onto their next post for a Postcount+1.

And saying thanks isn't praising people for agreeing. Also, an example to how you are wrong, I said thanks to Lord Celebi. And I am not fighting. I am disagreeing. The only time it can even be interpreted as fighting is when people started repeating the same thing over and over and over.



Thank you for completely blocking out the "in my opinion." And Ryan can do whatever he wants. But he has a duty to the forum which he breaks when he leaves for months at a time.

....*explodes* He. Has. A. Life. He's at college, and has more important things to do than manage a forum. And he's not breaking an duties, he's still paying the bills to keep it up, ergo, he's doing his duty.
  #17  
Old 04-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Lord Celebi's Avatar
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,317
Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: Some Fun Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Thank you for completely blocking out the "in my opinion." And Ryan can do whatever he wants. But he has a duty to the forum which he breaks when he leaves for months at a time.
He has no duty. He owns the domain and the server space, he can do whatever the hell he wants. ;)
  #18  
Old 04-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Steve Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15
Default Re: Some Fun Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Lord View Post
....*explodes* He. Has. A. Life. He's at college, and has more important things to do than manage a forum. And he's not breaking an duties, he's still paying the bills to keep it up, ergo, he's doing his duty.
What if someone were to hack the forum while he was innactive? What if someone were to perform a DDOS attack on Pe2k? Is it not his DUTY to fix?

And as I already stated, having a life is not an excuse to go innactive for months. I am in state college, I have had all A's since I began. I run a forum while going on others. I go on vacations, I have a life. I still find time to do what I need. Jesus, how many times do I have to repeat for people to understand?
  #19  
Old 04-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Dr Scott's Avatar
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Behind you.
Posts: 6,277
Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott
Default Re: Some Fun Suggestions

What I am most curious about is why you have such a high stake in things. As you have said you have been 'watching over,' and I'm curious about why, how long, and the other normal questions that go with this train of thought. You seem very involved in trying to change around a forum that, apparently, you have just started posting in. Color me interested, which I would like to think is a kind of blue.

But the majority of your suggestions require an active administrator, which for all Ryan's awesomness as a person he just isn't anymore. This forum is old, and the administrator is old enough that he has all rights to move on in live, and the forum gradually declining is just one unfortunate side effect.

In all honesty he has no 'duty,' as he is not getting paid for running the site and he did not sign any contract saying he would keep it forever active when he made it. That's a pet peeve of mine, people assuming that because someone is running or helping to run a forum that it is their 'duty' to ALWAYS be there, regardless of having a life. Really, members should be happy that Ryan made the forum and that the moderators keep it going.

So, there's nothing that can be done. People should focus more on what we do have than what they think we 'should have.' We have a great game in the URPG, a decent cast of RPers, good fan fiction writers, a great staff and whatever else you can find.

So, as much as I respect your opinion and ideas, I believe that a better thing for you to do would be get to know some of the nice members and staff and enjoy the stay.
__________________

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
  #20  
Old 04-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Lusitania Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,119
Default Re: Some Fun Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What if someone were to hack the forum while he was innactive? What if someone were to perform a DDOS attack on Pe2k? Is it not his DUTY to fix?

And as I already stated, having a life is not an excuse to go innactive for months. I am in state college, I have had all A's since I began. I run a forum while going on others. I go on vacations, I have a life. I still find time to do what I need. Jesus, how many times do I have to repeat for people to understand?

The reason why we will not understand is because there is the simple reason that everyone disagrees with your logic. And yes, it would then be his duty to fix it, but it does not mean that he immediatly needs to do it. It's called time restraints.

And his lifea nd your life will always be different of course.

@ Scott: Amen.
  #21  
Old 04-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Steve Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15
Default Re: Some Fun Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Lord View Post
The reason why we will not understand is because there is the simple reason that everyone disagrees with your logic. And yes, it would then be his duty to fix it, but it does not mean that he immediatly needs to do it. It's called time restraints.

And his lifea nd your life will always be different of course.

@ Scott: Amen.
Everyone does not agree. Seriously, read the posts before posting about the posts. Also, this isn't a suggestion or argument about time restraints. Also, the reason why he is innactive, according to people who have posted is because he has a life and college. So do I.

And why are you saying "amen" to Scott? He is doing the exact opposite of you. Sure he disagrees but he is actually respecting people for having an opinion, while people like you are rude towards people who disagree with you. On top of that, you are bending what people say.

Requested for closure: Pointless to argue with people who fail to see that others do have opinions, and sometimes they disagree.

Last edited by Steve; 04-04-2009 at 06:24 PM.
  #22  
Old 04-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Tory vs Meaty II's Avatar
Tory vs Meaty II Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 4,445
Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Default Re: Some Fun Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I have been lurking here for awile. And I have noticed that the activity of the forum is plummeting. Even staff activity. I have a few suggestions. They might have been suggested before, if they are, sorry.
Agreed.

Quote:
1) Make the forum more interesting. Right now it is plain and boring. Hold some sort of contest. Anything! The forum is so plain.
They do have contests here like the banners and sprites, but there over-looked. There should be votes on members per month, and no negative categories to make the forum look stupid.

Quote:
2) Skins are boring. The skins you have are so plain. Try to come up with more appealing skins.
The only skin I like on here is Firaun, nothing else. There all just so plain. We can go to Pokecommunity and Serebii Forums, thiers are way better then ours.

Quote:
3) More benefits for members. Really. There should be some sort of reputation or rewards system.
Yeah, badges, like moderator, administrator, super moderator, elite, vice president, president, etc.,

Quote:
4) More profile gadgets would be lovely.
Yeah, like music, go to the Pokecommunity for example.

Quote:
5) Crossed out. To all people who, instead of explaining they attempted to insult, are..
idiots, like users who just charge you for stupid reasons. Trust me, you will meet ignorant users like them all day.

Quote:
6) Smarter board choices. Why is there a place for Newbies to post in a Pokemon discussion? On top of that, it's in a Pokemon Discussion most people don't go to a lot. And, members who do welcome them just copy their welcomes. They are pulling a very annoying postcount+1. I say, make a board for them.
A new board for New Users would be good.

Quote:
Some members might come back and you might get more members if you do some of these, Ryan.
Correct, screw the URPGs, who wants to make a long URPGs stories all day over for a weak Pokemon? I stop coming there years ago. People hosting inaccurately? Meh. There need to be a program similar to ShoddyBattle or something.
__________________


~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
  #23  
Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Volcanflame's Avatar
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palembang, Indonesia
Posts: 4,596
Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame
Default Re: Some Fun Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Sure he disagrees but he is actually respecting people for having an opinion, while people like you are rude towards people who disagree with you.
Says the person who softly flamed other member for disagreeing with his argument.

IMO, those things are not necessary. But they would be a good addition to the forums nonetheless. I personally like the reputation thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy
Correct, screw the URPGs, who wants to make a long URPGs stories all day over for a weak Pokemon?
Me. I'm not sure why you even still go to PE2K, seeing that you worship Pokecommunity/Serebii/whatnot.

-Volcan-
__________________
  #24  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Synester's Avatar
Synester Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,449
Send a message via AIM to Synester
Default Re: Some Fun Suggestions

Tory, just take your ******* to Pokecommunity already, you keep saying how better it is, just leave.

As for the suggestions, I don't really think anyone of them are needed :\. We have titles, you just gotta work for them, sorry ):. We have plenty of contest, ou just aren't looking in the right areas ;D. If you don't like the skins, then you're just **** outta luck. Tory, you are possibly the most ignorant person on this forum, so isn't the pot calling the kettle black? If you want music, go to itunes or last.fm. Tory, we are so sorry you don't like the URPG and that you don't have have either the time or skill to write for a stronger mon.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
__________________
I got infracted for the 4 word rule when the post had 4 words in it...l2count derp.
  #25  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Tombi's Avatar
Tombi Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Blighty.
Posts: 10,337
Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi
Default Re: Some Fun Suggestions

Don't forget the four word rule~ :3

Also, Tory, maybe Pe2k doesn't want to be like PC and Serebii. Maybe we want to stay unique. o.O
__________________

  #26  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Woodchuck's Avatar
Woodchuck Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,120
Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck
Default Re: Some Fun Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Thank you for proving your 'mence-ness' to me.
Hey Steve.

Look, you have some good suggestions there, and yes, a lot of them might help the forum gain popularity and become more active. The thing is, most of us are happy with the way it is. That's the reason there are multiple Pokemon forums; people can choose which one they want to be a part of. If they were all the same, well, that'd be pretty boring, to be honest. PE2K has a much nicer community than most of the bigger forums, and the mods aren't idiots, like most of those on Serebii and PC. Also, a lot of people come to PE2K because they like the size of it's community. It's not so small that it's terribly inactive, but it's not so large that you end up getting lost in the crowd.

And believe me; I'm sure Ryan's already thought about most of what you said. Obviously, he thinks they're unnecessary, or too time consuming on his part.

So I guess my question is, why fix something when it's not broken?

-Jake-
__________________

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com