Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Steve Offline

Default Some Fun Suggestions

Requested for closure: Pointless to argue with people who fail to see that others do have opinions, and sometimes they disagree.

I have been lurking here for awile. And I have noticed that the activity of the forum is plummeting. Even staff activity. I have a few suggestions. They might have been suggested before, if they are, sorry.

1) Make the forum more interesting. Right now it is plain and boring. Hold some sort of contest. Anything! The forum is so plain.
2) Skins are boring. The skins you have are so plain. Try to come up with more appealing skins.
3) More benefits for members. Really. There should be some sort of reputation or rewards system.
4) More profile gadgets would be lovely.
5) Crossed out. To all people who, instead of explaining they attempted to insult, are..
6) Smarter board choices. Why is there a place for Newbies to post in a Pokemon discussion? On top of that, it's in a Pokemon Discussion most people don't go to a lot. And, members who do welcome them just copy their welcomes. They are pulling a very annoying postcount+1. I say, make a board for them.

Some members might come back and you might get more members if you do some of these, Ryan.

Last edited by Steve; 04-04-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Stardy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy
Default Re: Some Fun Suggestions

I can see that you didn't mean any harm with the suggestions or anything, but tbh, I think people are gonna **** all over these, since you just joined. Some of the suggestions are good, i'm all for stuff like a Newbie Board, but other things, like Staff are fine as they are. And people would more or less abuse the Rep., so i'm against that.

Welcome to the forums by the way. =D

Stardy = awesome
Old 04-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55

I think its ok how it is...

^ ^
Click
Old 04-04-2009, 04:39 PM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I have been lurking here for awile. And I have noticed that the activity of the forum is plummeting. Even staff activity. I have a few suggestions. They might have been suggested before, if they are, sorry.

1) Make the forum more interesting. Right now it is plain and boring. Hold some sort of contest. Anything! The forum is so plain.
2) Skins are boring. The skins you have are so plain. Try to come up with more appealing skins.
3) More benefits for members. Really. There should be some sort of reputation or rewards system.
5) Active staff. Really, this is a no brainer. Get staff that actually are active. Hard concept, I hope you learn about it. It's really interesting.
6) Smarter board choices. Why is there a place for Newbies to post in a Pokemon discussion? On top of that, it's in a Pokemon Discussion most people don't go to a lot. And, members who do welcome them just copy their welcomes. They are pulling a very annoying postcount+1. I say, make a board for them.

Some members might come back and you might get more members if you do some of these, Ryan.
welcome to the forums >_<

1. if you havent noticed, we actually do have contests. Theres writing contests, rpg contests, spriting contests, battling contests...
2. make your own skin if you dont like the existing ones. duh
3. a pat on the back is good enough
4. it would just make the server slower and give uneeded things for mods to watch over
5 yes i agree. the 20 mods that are on every day watching over every board and keeping these forums cleen are not enough >_> we need WAY more mods.
6. so you want us to make a board just for newbies to spam and what-not? very good idea >_<

well now that were on the same page, have fun with these forums! gaw...

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 04-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Steve Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTRY MEW View Post
welcome to the forums >_<

1. if you havent noticed, we actually do have contests. Theres writing contests, rpg contests, spriting contests, battling contests...
2. make your own skin if you dont like the existing ones. duh
3. a pat on the back is good enough
4. it would just make the server slower and give uneeded things for mods to watch over
5 yes i agree. the 20 mods that are on every day watching over every board and keeping these forums cleen are not enough >_> we need WAY more mods.
6. so you want us to make a board just for newbies to spam and what-not? very good idea >_<

well now that were on the same page, have fun with these forums! gaw...
1. Okay
2. I can't use it, genius.
3. Okay
4. Depends on what you add.
5. I didn't say we need more mods. I said we need active staff. Reading really is hard. The definition of active may very.
6. Look at every other forum in existence that has one. They are not filled with spam, because they make it so it doesn't count towards your post count. Assuming is bad.

Thank you for proving your 'mence-ness' to me.

Last edited by Steve; 04-04-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
1. Okay
2. I can't use it, genius.
3. Okay
4. Depends on what you add.
5. I didn't say we need more mods. I said we need active staff. Reading really is hard.
6. Look at every other forum in existence that has one. They are not filled with spam, because they make it so it doesn't count towards your post count.

Thank you for proving your 'mence-ness' to me.
Must. Not. Kill

Listen, you're new, you've barely been here for a while. You need to payt attention, the staff IS active. Look at the mods, Neo was just on earlier today. We don't need mods on at every waking second.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Steve Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Lord View Post
Must. Not. Kill

Listen, you're new, you've barely been here for a while. You need to payt attention, the staff IS active. Look at the mods, Neo was just on earlier today. We don't need mods on at every waking second.
I didn't realize Neo represented the activity of the entire staff. Especially the admin who has gone through spells of months of inactivity. My apologies for not using Neo's activity as a measure for the rest of the staff. Ryan's activity is all I really care about.

Last edited by Steve; 04-04-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Lusitania Offline

If you hadn't noticed there are four mods on.

And let's play a fun game:

Active Mod-a-thon

First question: Name the active mods.

Player one: Neo, rust, Kenny, Scott, Jess, Embreon, Mike, Fossil Fusion

Second question: Has this thread been owned?

Player two: yes

Also, Ryan has a life.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Mods are active my friend, some just choose to go invis.

There's really not a need for 20 mods to be on at once, since anything rarely ever happens here. All we need more of is DPP Mods, which will be take care of shortly (I hope).
Old 04-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Steve Offline

Quote:
If you hadn't noticed there are four mods on.

And let's play a fun game:

Active Mod-a-thon

First question: Name the active mods.

Player one: Neo, rust, Kenny, Scott, Jess, Embreon, Mike, Fossil Fusion

Second question: Has this thread been owned?

Player two: yes

Also, Ryan has a life.
This post is quite sad. Re-establishing the same exact thing for the fifth time is, in my opinion, spam. I don't like spam therefore, sad post.

And a life is no reason to be innactive for months. Key word, months. Whoever thinks it is an excuse is a..

Thank you Lord Celebi for adding more detail. Really, all of you just had to say what Lord Celebi did for me to cross out the activity suggestion. You don't have to treat me like I am retarded, it just makes me think less of you. Doesn't insult me or teach me anything if that's what you are trying to do. Thanks again Lord Celebi. The rest of the suggestions still stand. However, I never said I wanted them all to be on. Just each be more active. There is a difference.

Last edited by Steve; 04-04-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II

Quote:

5) Active staff. Really, this is a no brainer. Get staff that actually are active. Hard concept, I hope you learn about it. It's really interesting.

I totally agree with you. This forum should be interesting like Pokecommunity, ROMs, a board to new members, and others. This forum can be good as Pokecommunity, but moderators must not get ignorant as them. Hopefully, that will not happen.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.

Last edited by Tory vs Meaty II; 04-04-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Steve Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory vs Meaty II View Post
I totally agree with you. This forum should be interesting like Pokecommunity, ROMs, a board to new members, and others. This forum can be good as Pokecommunity, but moderators must not get ignorant as them. Hopefully, that will not happen.
Why thank you kind member. =]
Old 04-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Lusitania Offline

Get off your high horse, will you?

If I must, watch as I comment on all of your 'suggestions'.

Quote:
1) Make the forum more interesting. Right now it is plain and boring. Hold some sort of contest. Anything! The forum is so plain.Nope, we already have a ton of contests. We don't need them every second of every day. We usually have a seasonal contests, events, et cetera. Alot of this stuff happens in URPG, but nevertheless, it's not limited to that. We have fanfiction of the year, WAR, Team RP, and alot of other stuff.

2) Skins are boring. The skins you have are so plain. Try to come up with more appealing skins.We really don't need more skins. What matters is the content of the forum itself, not the skins used to view it.

3) More benefits for members. Really. There should be some sort of reputation or rewards system. >> The way to build a reputation is, well, actually building a reputation. No one wants/needs a system where an enemy of yours can constantly rip on your posts, and friends can constantly praise them. It would be abused to death and really un-needed.

4) More profile gadgets would be lovelyAgain, useless junk. We have evrything we need, no more. I apologize if you think our forum is 'drab', but if you do, deal with it. we're perfectly fine, and we don't need fancy 'gadgets'. We have the means to view all the information we need. Don't be greedy.

5) Active staff. Really, this is a no brainer. Get staff that actually are active. Hard concept, I hope you learn about it. It's really interesting. Are ctive, already disputed.

6) Smarter board choices. Why is there a place for Newbies to post in a Pokemon discussion? On top of that, it's in a Pokemon Discussion most people don't go to a lot. And, members who do welcome them just copy their welcomes. They are pulling a very annoying postcount+1. I say, make a board for them. Umm, because this is a Pokemon forum. Yeah, you're totally right, having a thread to welcome members makes peoples' post counts go up via spam, but an entire forum for it is perfectly dandy /sarcasm.

And it's a 'hi, I'm new here'. "Welcome, read the rules [insert link to rules here]. Unlike an entire forum to stick around in a while, it's a one time thing.
EDIT: I love how you fight with people who disagree with you but are all over the ones who support your suggestions.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
This post is quite sad. Re-establishing the same exact thing for the fifth time is, in my opinion, spam. I don't like spam therefore, sad post.

And a life is no reason to be innactive for months. Key word, months. Whoever thinks it is an excuse is a..

Thank you Lord Celebi for adding more detail. Really, all of you just had to say what Lord Celebi did for me to cross out the activity suggestion. You don't have to treat me like I am retarded, it just makes me think less of you. Doesn't insult me or teach me anything if that's what you are trying to do. Thanks again Lord Celebi. The rest of the suggestions still stand. However, I never said I wanted them all to be on. Just each be more active. There is a difference.
Ryan can do whatever he wants, and it is perfectly permissible to be inactive for months. You don't need an excuse, as the Internet is not necessary in order to continue being a productive member of society.

And Cipher Lord's post wasn't spam. I agree with it. :P
Old 04-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Steve Offline

Quote:
Get off your high horse, will you?

If I must, watch as I comment on all of your 'suggestions'.

EDIT: I love how you fight with people who disagree with you but are all over the ones who support your suggestions.
1) Already discussed. Thanks for re-establishing something again.
2) Skins are nice to have.
3) That's why members can dispute them. -hears crowds of gasps-
4) Take away avatars, we don't need them. Take away signatures, we don't need them. Take away VMing, we don't need to. All those are useless junk. But they are good to have. Just like gadgets.
5) Thank you for actually..using sense.
6) Like I said before, they wont spam if you don't count it towards the post count. So I say again..reading is hard.

I can understand people saying that. But just that is not a good welcome. Espeically since people just copy and paste it onto their next post for a Postcount+1.

And saying thanks isn't praising people for agreeing. Also, an example to how you are wrong, I said thanks to Lord Celebi. And I am not fighting. I am disagreeing. The only time it can even be interpreted as fighting is when people started repeating the same thing over and over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
Ryan can do whatever he wants, and it is perfectly permissible to be inactive for months. You don't need an excuse, as the Internet is not necessary in order to continue being a productive member of society.

And Cipher Lord's post wasn't spam. I agree with it. :P
Thank you for completely blocking out the "in my opinion." And Ryan can do whatever he wants. But he has a duty to the forum which he breaks when he leaves for months at a time.
Closed Thread