^See? It's so cool it has it's own banner!(Banner by Anastasia-R)^
Below are the rules for The Death Note Game here. Please make sure to read them so that we can all be on the same page before you begin playing. Players in the game consist of anyone who posts in the thread at roll call for a new game or during a round. The rules aren't hard to follow, in fact, they are simple.
The Death Note
*The Death Note is a little black notebook in which whoever's name is written in it will die within 30 seconds. Only the Kira can use this ability.
*The Death Note, like I mentioned before, can only be used by the Kira. When your name is written in it, the Shinigami will PM you, telling you that you are dead.
Scalec is the Shinigami is in this round. The Shinigami chooses a Kira and cannot be the Kira him/herself, so do not waste time with accusing the Shinigami.
* The Shinigami is a neutral party monitoring over the game and will not aid the Kira in covering tracks but also will not aid the detectives with their investigations either. Probably, the Shinigami will be a pain in the arse to both parties instead.
* The Shinigami likes fruit. Particularly apples and peaches.
To make it clear what Shinigami Eyes is, an explanation is provided here.
* If one full day goes by and no accusations are made, the Kira will be granted Shinigami Eyes to kill one person of the Kira's choice. If 2 days pass, the Kira gets 2 kills the following day and if a third day passes by, the Kira gets 3 kills with Shinigami Eyes.
You can die in this game by 3 ways.
1. The Kira figures out your first true name. This will be contained in the Death Note the Kira writes to the book aka PMs to the Shinigami.
2. The detective accuses a suspect that turns out to not be the Kira.
3. The Kira gains Shinigami Eyes.
* Dead people in the game cannot give out clues whether in the topic thread here or through PM or by IM. Those who are dead should not post frequently but are allowed to post some because well, they get bored. Just NO GIVING CLUES OUT!!
Those who accuse someone of being the Kira may do so once as a freebie. This puts you in danger though of becoming a victim to the Kira, if you are mistaken. All people who join the game are considered detectives or accusers and there will be one or sometimes two kiras lurking in their midst which you must ferret out.
* You have ONE freebie where you do not have to provide evidence for your accusation. However, if you make a second accusation because the Kira hasn't killed you off, you must provide clear and concise evidence to back up why you are accusing the new person. If you get to for some reason accuse a 3rd time, etc, the same rule here applies.
* An amendment to the rule above. If there are less than 13 members on the list of players, to make things more difficult players will be required to present evidence when accusing someone the first time. If the member list is small for the round, it grants that detectives have to study a bit more and find an actual reason to accuse someone of being the Kira so the list isn't knocked out too soon.
* Remember that just because someone says he/she is not the Kira does not mean the person is innocent. The Kira is of course capable of lying and messing with your heads.
One Kira will be chosen to begin the game by the Shinigami PM'ing that person, or the Shinigami requesting those interested to PM him/her, and the person has the right to except or deny the role.
* The Kira can only use the Death Note on people in the list here that are playing. This means you cannot have a kill that is someone else outside the game here.
* The Kira can kill using the 3 methods described above but may of course not use Shinigami Eyes until the Shinigami gives the go ahead.
* The Kira may choose at any time to pass on the Death Note to another player in the game. However, the Shinigami MUST be informed of the intent to do so and if the Misa/Mikami accepts or not.
* The Kira must kill at least one person per day. Just as the Shinigami Eyes may be granted to the Kira in order to kill someone as a freebie if detectives fail to come up with a suspect, the Shinigami will also stab the Kira in the back if the Kira fails to do his/her job. The Shinigami may react by giving out a clue as to who the Kira may be if no deaths occur within a day's time.
*On Names - The Kira may kill those on the list by knowing the person's true first name. A nickname does not count and the Shinigami of the time may need to verify the true name with the member before the kill is approved. There are various ways to find out people's first names such as browsing around the forums or asking the person, though either way may give clues to who the Kira really is. The Kira may only kill 2 people by true first name on the first day. If the Kira uses only 1 death this way or no deaths by name, the Kira gains 3 kills by name on the second day. If the Kira kills on the next day and does not use up all kills by name, again, 1 bonus name kill follows to the following day and so on. This rule is implemented since a few potential kiras know quite a few names and it makes it so they cannot take out a majority of the detectives in one fell swoop.
* Only a Kira or former Kira of the same round may hand out fake Death Notes. These are duplicate notebooks that basically do nothing but resemble the Death Note notebook otherwise. It is possible to get a Shinigami to hand them out but at a cost...
* The Misa/Mikami (person given the DN by the former Kira) has 3 choices to decide, which can be conversed over with the Shinigami.
1. Accept and be loyal to the cause of Kira.
2. Turn Kira in through an accusation made in the thread.
3. Accept the Death Note and kill the former Kira immediately or sometime during the game.
The Current Record...
These new rules should help make the game more challenging for both the detectives and the Kira. Make sure to read these before playing. If you post in the game when a round is currently on, unless you clearly specify you do not wish to join, your name will be added to the roster of detectives for that round. Any questions on the game, feel free to PM the current Shinigami.
Ah beng I the Pikabeng
Oh, and P.s. ONLY THE SHINIGAMI WILL KNOW WHO THE KIRA IS! I will not know who the kira is either, so DO NOT BOTHER ASKING ME WHO THE KIRA IS!