Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:18 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Need help with Shiny Charizard

I just got a shiny Charmeleon, and I think that most people know that shiny Charizard is awesome, so I want to make it as best as possible. It has a Quiet nature, meaning that it will pretty much only be for gimmicky teams, but I still would like some help with the EVs.

I am probably going to run a Choice Specs set that mostly relies on hitting things hard when they switch. I'll go for Overheat, Air Slash, Dragon Pulse and Focus Punch. I will obviously max SAtk, but where should the other 256 EVs go? HP? Attack? Or a mix?
Old 03-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: Need help with Shiny Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsb39 View Post
I just got a shiny Charmeleon, and I think that most people know that shiny Charizard is awesome, so I want to make it as best as possible. It has a Quiet nature, meaning that it will pretty much only be for gimmicky teams, but I still would like some help with the EVs.

I am probably going to run a Choice Specs set that mostly relies on hitting things hard when they switch. I'll go for Overheat, Air Slash, Dragon Pulse and Focus Punch. I will obviously max SAtk, but where should the other 256 EVs go? HP? Attack? Or a mix?
I'm afraid your charizard is never going to fullfill your expectations due to it's horrible nature- charizard needs as much speed as possible and you're using one with a slow nature. I'd recommend using that set with a scarf, I'll work out an EV spread for you later. Is this gonna be OU or UU?
Old 03-28-2009, 07:01 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
I'm afraid your charizard is never going to fullfill your expectations due to it's horrible nature- charizard needs as much speed as possible and you're using one with a slow nature. I'd recommend using that set with a scarf, I'll work out an EV spread for you later. Is this gonna be OU or UU?
This won't be competitive, this will be a gimmick up against other gimmicky people (other people using shiny teams etc.) And thus I don't really want to go against the nature. That's why I'm essentially going for a SpecsZard with a bulkier EV spread, but I was wondering how much I should put into Atk to boost Focus Punch.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsb39 View Post
This won't be competitive, this will be a gimmick up against other gimmicky people (other people using shiny teams etc.) And thus I don't really want to go against the nature. That's why I'm essentially going for a SpecsZard with a bulkier EV spread, but I was wondering how much I should put into Atk to boost Focus Punch.
In that case I'd use one of the following spreads:
252SpAtt/40Att/216Spd
252SpAtt/148Att/104Spd

Since specs and max SpAtt will hurt most things, you'll be using focus punch to take on opposing special Walls- Namely blissey. Since the environment you'll be playing isn't a standard one, calcs have been run against the old blissey EV spread of max HP/Def with bold, to allow for leway. The first EV spread guardntees a 2HKO without taking lefties into account (so assuming you have weather, trick, knock-off ect), while the second will do 56% and therefore 2HKO through lefties. The rest of the EVs can be invested into HP, just make sure you have spin support and an odd number for HP. This will stop stealth rock being a 2HKO should you lose your spinner.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Bizzaro Offline
Amateur Trainer

I'd say that charizard isn't that great but if its shiny, AWESOMENESS!!

Ok I'd say that with him you get max Attack or SpAttack EVs (whichever he has more of) and then you should get max Speed EVs.

Good luck, have fun ^^

Fido the level 1 Arcanine!
Bizzaro's PokePet

Banzai the level 0 Scyther!
Old 03-29-2009, 03:02 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
In that case I'd use one of the following spreads:
252SpAtt/40Att/216Spd
252SpAtt/148Att/104Spd

Since specs and max SpAtt will hurt most things, you'll be using focus punch to take on opposing special Walls- Namely blissey. Since the environment you'll be playing isn't a standard one, calcs have been run against the old blissey EV spread of max HP/Def with bold, to allow for leway. The first EV spread guardntees a 2HKO without taking lefties into account (so assuming you have weather, trick, knock-off ect), while the second will do 56% and therefore 2HKO through lefties. The rest of the EVs can be invested into HP, just make sure you have spin support and an odd number for HP. This will stop stealth rock being a 2HKO should you lose your spinner.
Well I won't be giving Spd, so those EVs will go into HP. I'll also do an IV check, It's not going to have perfect Atk remember, it's a shiny.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline

In that case for ever IV it is less than 31, take four of the excess EVs and add them in. You'll end up with the same stat that way.