Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Lusitania Offline

Default Gay marriage

I made this on Serebii and it worked out rather well.

Until it got locked due to heated debate (ironic it was on a debate forum, huh)?

Well, I believe that it should be allowed. We are all humans, and are all created equal. Being homosexual does not make you any less of a person than you really are! Heterosexual and homosexual couples should both be entitled to equal right; yes, that includes marriage.

Sister thread
Old 03-28-2009, 12:59 AM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default Re: Gay marriage

I completely agree. If you find the other sex attractive, that should not stop you from being any less of a person than anyone else is. We are equal, and we all have different needs/opinions.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:04 PM
-Zodeon Offline

If thats really what you want to do, go for it. Just be ready to expect abuse from those who don't agree.

0989 7772 7033
Old 04-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Lord View Post
I made this on Serebii and it worked out rather well.

Until it got locked due to heated debate (ironic it was on a debate forum, huh)?

Well, I believe that it should be allowed. We are all humans, and are all created equal. Being homosexual does not make you any less of a person than you really are! Heterosexual and homosexual couples should both be entitled to equal right; yes, that includes marriage.

Sister thread
Lol at that thread being locked.

Yes, I agree. I'm pro-choice (as long as the choices made don't hurt others), and with this reasoning, I say that homosexuals should be entitled to marriage. And before anyone says that it was never like that in the past and that it should never be changed, I say: Change is inevitable, and the society is more open now; although still not open enough, it will eventually be.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:56 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Naturally. There's no logical/secular reasoning behind the denial of gay rights. Of course, initiating such a law will create quite the backlash, and as I understand it, that's part of the reason why many countries are easing their way into gay marriage with concepts like civil unions coming into play.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM
AngelWings_KoKoPuff Offline

I also believe it's fine. I mean, if we're happy, right? When I truly believed in God, I believed that he'd want us to be happy (I say this as a proud bisexual). And anyway, we should all have rights. It's not like the constitution ever said a word against it, as far as I know.

私は彼を愛します。
« k o m a c h i.m a t s u m o t o »

Old 04-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

In my opinion, and don't smite me for this, I don't see the point to this thread because everyone will say, "Yeah, because everyone should be given the choice," due to fear of being reprimanded by peers, and the fact that it's like change; everyone must think it's right.

-rollseyes-

However, I say that it's okay because you are accountable for what you do, and I can't stop you.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
In my opinion, and don't smite me for this, I don't see the point to this thread because everyone will say, "Yeah, because everyone should be given the choice," due to fear of being reprimanded by peers, and the fact that it's like change; everyone must think it's right.
Change --> progress --> hegemony
Gay rights --> human rights --> hegemony

That's the only link I can come up with in terms of linking your example with gay marriage. Of course, the idea of progress is completely different from the idea of human rights altogether. I agree with you that progress is not necessarily always a good thing. While there may be alternatives to human rights, I have a hard time thinking that a different system that denies human rights through religious grounds is valid either.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:03 PM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117

How many times have I seen these kinda threads....

Ok anyways Im against it. One reason is that Im Christian. Another is I dont think everyones ready for it.
I dont mind gays.I mean its their choice so I shouldnt judge but I think allowing gay marriage is wrong.
You let people have one thing and the next thing you know theyll be asking for more.
Also change isnt always a good thing you know...>_>
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:21 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post

Ok anyways Im against it. One reason is that Im Christian. Another is I dont think everyones ready for it.
I dont mind gays.I mean its their choice so I shouldnt judge but I think allowing gay marriage is wrong.
You let people have one thing and the next thing you know theyll be asking for more.
Is that a slippery slope fallacy in the making I smell?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:

If the new change isn't a good thing, it will be changed again sooner than usual.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:

Well shouldn't they get all the same rights as us anyways? If they start asking for more than that, that's when we should start declining them.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
Well shouldn't they get all the same rights as us anyways? If they start asking for more than that, that's when we should start declining them.
What else can they ask for, anyway? If they want equal rights, give it to them. Only when they demand more than that, then we should decline them.

EDIT: Ack, the number...

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 04-26-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
This is where I step in and say: How much is too much?

Public display of homosexual love in public? Last I checked, not many people were for public display of heterosexual love in public either.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 04-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Quote:

I think God made us the way we are for a reason, but I don't want to tun this into a religious debate. So I will end that part there.

Why is it wrong? Does that mean letting women vote is wrong? Human rights people. We are all humans and we should all be treated as such. Yes, they will be trolled. But if they are inlove I am pretty sure they don't give a crap if a few people critisize them. Honestly, its not a disease people. There is nothing wrong with them.

Why should the marriage matter to anyone but the people involved in said marriage? Is it going to kill you if some gay couple miles away gets married? Basically it is just a legal document to anyone not involved, like a birth certificate. And even if they are not legally married, some people still wear rings, live together, sleep together, share their lifes together. The only thing differnt will be a peice of paper that proves their never ending love to one another.

I am all for it. Everyone deserves their rights.