Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: A Mod is needed for the strategy forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
Okay, well, if you're saying something like that you must know of an example. Could I see somewhere where the rules are unclear?
For starters:
Quote:
OR, in less active forums, the first two pages of the board can be replied to. This is to avoid duplicate topics when the topic the person wants to talk about is already on the first two pages. In this situation, the 30 day rule does not apply if the thread can be found in the first two pages of the board.
How do you define a "less active forum"? Is it any forum that has threads that are more than 30 days old in the first 2 pages?

And even when that's solved, some threads in the first 2 pages of less active forums get locked. Using URPG: Trainer's Court as an example: Proof; page 1; page 2. Unless you're talking about something like more than half a year, in which I have nothing to say. But the thread was revived when it was less than 2 months old. Then again, it's up to the leaders to decide.

And for those threads/forums which just miss out, what do we do with them? Treat them all as revived threads that should be locked? Or on a case-by-case basis? And if so, what kind of basis?

And also:
Quote:
Any thread creator may also revive their own thread, within good reason.
Define "good reason". What may seem like a good reason to one mod may not be so to another. So what do we do?

Want me to add more?

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 03-29-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
For starters:

How do you define a "less active forum"? Is it any forum that has threads that are more than 30 days old in the first 2 pages?

And even when that's solved, some threads in the first 2 pages of less active forums get locked. Using URPG: Trainer's Court as an example: Proof; page 1; page 2. Unless you're talking about something like more than half a year, in which I have nothing to say. But the thread was revived when it was less than 2 months old. Then again, it's up to the leaders to decide.

And for those threads/forums which just miss out, what do we do with them? Treat them all as revived threads that should be locked? Or on a case-by-case basis?

Want me to add more?
My question was directed towards the strategy forum rules specifically since that was what we were talking about, however since you want to go there, there's not going to be a real reason for someone other than the topic creator to bump a thread involving a team rate.

If they let the thread die they are clearly uninterested in further team ratings, and in that case a new post would be a waste. I would say the 30 day rule is more than adequate in that case.

Hi

Old 03-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
My question was directed towards the strategy forum rules specifically since that was what we were talking about, however since you want to go there, there's not going to be a real reason for someone other than the topic creator to bump a thread involving a team rate.

If they let the thread die they are clearly uninterested in further team ratings, and in that case a new post would be a waste. I would say the 30 day rule is more than adequate in that case.
Did you even see my second example?

And there's only one post of rules. I don't think it's enough for us to be clear.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

I just have one question: Why would all those mods HAVE to post in the board to show they're watching over that board? I mean, they could be silently patrolling the boards trying to keep them alive and well, even when the stability in the board seems self-propagating, or w/e, if I read some of the posts above right. Why would they have to post to show they're doing this?

I'm not saying they ARE doing this, I'm just giving one example that could be the case. Only aforementioned moderators can decree whether they've done this or no, not myself.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Did you even see my second example?

And there's only one post of rules. I don't think it's enough for us to be clear.
Again, I ask you to quote a specific example from the strategy forums if you want to say things like that.

Regarding the second part of your post, a "good reason" to revive a thread (again, pertaining only to the strategy forums) is for the topic creator to receive further feedback on his or her team. That's about it.

Hi

Old 03-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Again, I ask you to quote a specific example from the strategy forums if you want to say things like that.
You didn't last time.

Quote:
Regarding the second part of your post, a "good reason" to revive a thread (again, pertaining only to the strategy forums) is for the topic creator to receive further feedback on his or her team. That's about it.
Oh, and have I forgotten to say: apparently asking questions recently asked before is not against the rules, so you can't report them for that. By the way, it's the main, if not the only, reason why this thread even exists in the first place.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

-_-

Ryan decides when to Mod people and if he hasn't felt the need to Mod anyone else to the DP/Strategy/Movesets boards, then deal with it, please. As Shen said, Mods don't always post or delete or lock stuff; we oftentimes cruise around the forum in the background and do a lot of behind-the-scenes work, as Scott also pointed out.

And again, everyone here has something called a REAL LIFE. Seriously, there are more important things in life than making sure a revived thread is closed/deleted or what-the-crap-ever.

At any rate, Ryan can read over this and see your views, and because it's just turning into a giant (and rather unnecessary) debate, I'm going to lock this.

*Thread closed.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Closed Thread