Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default A Mod is needed for the strategy forums.

Both the DP: Strategy sub-forum and the Pokemon Strategies and Movesets are severly understaffed of active moderators. To make sure I am not missing their posts I have been through each of their profiles and checked their last active involvement:

Ultima Boss: Last post in strategy forum: 10th June 2008 (Also a Mod for the Pokemon: Strategies and Movesets Forum)
Lord Celebi: 1 post in their last 100 has been in this forum
FireflyK: No posts in their last 100 have been in this forum
EmBreon: No posts in their last 100 have been in this forum
Teo: 7 posts in their last 100 have been in this forum
Fossil Fusion: No posts in their last 100 have been in this forum (Also a Mod for the Pokemon: Strategies and Movesets Forum)
RocketMeowth: No posts in their last 100 have been in this forum (Also a Mod for the Pokemon: Strategies and Movesets Forum)

I therefore propose that either the admin here at PE2K remind these moderators of the commitments that got them to be moderators in the first place, or new moderators be chosen. There are several members of this forum who frequent the strategy forums almost daily and are more than capable of undertaking the position and enforcing the rules.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: A Mod is needed for the strategy forums.

I had no idea those mods were even in-charge of S&M in the first place. >:O

Yeah, I was beginning to think so too. I kinda got bored of that section due to the massive amount of threads made by people who didn't read the stickies. Sigh.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 03-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55

I agree with Gofre. That is pretty pathetic moderating.

^ ^
Click
Old 03-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

OK then ...

First of all, you have to understand that moderators are older teenagers. What does this mean? It means that we have a life, heavy schooling, and many other responsibilities that come before a Pokemon forum. And as for the 'commitment' ... it's not like we made a blood pact with Ryan to guard the place with our lives.

Second of all, just because someone is active in a place doesn't mean they are capable of modship. Modship is about so much more than just locking posts, as Neo said in the 'Mod for Trivia/Games' post here there is a lot more responsibility to be had. Picking someone is about a lot more than activity and knowledge of one general area. Honestly, if there were anyone worthy of it there would be more moderators.

Lastly, the dumbest thing you can do (besides flaming Ryan) is out and out insulting moderators. We do a lot more than you realize, and all we get is grief, no thanks. I would like to both warn and tell you to respect moderators. So, think before you post, eh? Calling their moderating 'pathetic' will make you enemies that you don't want ^_^.

Oi, and most of the mods that are in DP volunteered to do it. So, cut them some slack.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 03-27-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

It's a section that sees minimal activity as it is. Care to explain why it needs dedicated moderation?

I don't see it, personally. If you think something is in violation of the rules, report it and it will be dealt with. Otherwise just deal IMO.

Hi

Old 03-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II

The global moderators have always been "FTW" at Strategies & Movesets.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
OK then ...

First of all, you have to understand that moderators are older teenagers. What does this mean? It means that we have a life, heavy schooling, and many other responsibilities that come before a Pokemon forum. And as for the 'commitment' ... it's not like we made a blood pact with Ryan to guard the place with our lives.

Being 17 myself, I understand that other commitments and work can get in the way. I myself hold down a 16 hour-per-week job on top of my studies so I know full well what it's like. However if they have time to go into other sub-forums here is it not a valid assumption that they could at very least check on the forum they have volunteered for?

Second of all, just because someone is active in a place doesn't mean they are capable of modship. Modship is about so much more than just locking posts, as Neo said in the 'Mod for Trivia/Games' post here there is a lot more responsibility to be had. Picking someone is about a lot more than activity and knowledge of one general area. Honestly, if there were anyone worthy of it there would be more moderators.

I did not mean to put across that frequency of visitation was a valid reason for modship. What I meant is that there are members here who are capable of performing all of the roles expected of a mod, that also show commitment by contributing to discussion, aiding other members and help settle disputes without bias.

Lastly, the dumbest thing you can do (besides flaming Ryan) is out and out insulting moderators. We do a lot more than you realize, and all we get is grief, no thanks. I would like to both warn and tell you to respect moderators. So, think before you post, eh? Calling their moderating 'pathetic' will make you enemies that you don't want ^_^.

Oi, and most of the mods that are in DP volunteered to do it. So, cut them some slack.

It was a simple suggestion, I had no intent to insult anybody and am fully appreciative of the work the moderators do both at the forum and any workload they may have off it. However the simple acts of closing revived threads and moving moveset requests into the appropriate stickie would not go amiss.
Meh, it was a simple suggestion. If you, as a member of staff, deem my advice unnecersary then I will respect your opinion and would ask that you delete this thread.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:52 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
It's a section that sees minimal activity as it is. Care to explain why it needs dedicated moderation?
Exactly because it has minimal activity. Dedicated moderation helps to let others trust in that board. To quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
Yeah, I was beginning to think so too. I kinda got bored of that section due to the massive amount of threads made by people who didn't read the stickies. Sigh.
See?
Old 03-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Lol, Lucky 7 for me eh? At least I had more than 5. Hahaha

Anyways, things were going to be done concerning those sections and all. Problem is, my schedule completely changed on me and I come on at REALLY odd hours now, not to mention the fact I had no net for a good while. xD

Yeah though, I just need to chat with Psyduck again so I can get some changes going for those two sections. Other then that, they pretty much run themselves and everything is in pretty darn good shape.

As long as members have inquires on competitive battling, I'm sure some one is always going to be there to answer their questions to the best of their knowledge or provide them with links on already written articles detailing the bulk of their inquiry.

Besides, every time I come on I check anything and everything that has to do with the DP boards. Though, I really should update that index and rules...

Where does the time go? xD

Last edited by Teo; 03-28-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:40 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Lol, Lucky 7 for me eh? At least I had more than 5. Hahaha

Anyways, things were going to be done concerning those sections and all. Problem is, my schedule completely changed on me and I come on at REALLY odd hours now, not to mention the fact I had no net for a good while. xD

Yeah though, I just need to chat with Psyduck again so I can get some changes going for those two sections. Other then that, they pretty much run themselves and everything is in pretty darn good shape.

As long as members have inquires on competitive battling, I'm sure some one is always going to be there to answer their questions to the best of their knowledge or provide them with links on already written articles detailing the bulk of their inquiry.

Besides, every time I come on I check anything and everything that has to do with the DP boards. Though, I really should update that index and rules...

Where does the time go? xD
Somewhere... like what your location is. XD I mean, your schedule.

Seriously though, you should at least answer some questions. :P
Old 03-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Exactly because it has minimal activity. Dedicated moderation helps to let others trust in that board. To quote:

See?
Explain to me how these problems couldn't be avoided if members who were tired of that bored simply made more liberal use of their report button.

Hi

Old 03-29-2009, 02:22 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Explain to me how these problems couldn't be avoided if members who were tired of that bored simply made more liberal use of their report button.
Problem is, they don't dare to do so in case the person they report actually hasn't broken any rules. And when that happens, they'll get implicated. Well, that's just me, because I'm like that.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:30 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Problem is, they don't dare to do so in case the person they report actually hasn't broken any rules. And when that happens, they'll get implicated. Well, that's just me, because I'm like that.
...You're not making sense.

If someone didn't break the rules, don't report them. If they did break the rules, report them.

If you're unsure, reread the rules and go from there.

Not hard.

Hi

Old 03-29-2009, 05:47 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
...You're not making sense.

If someone didn't break the rules, don't report them. If they did break the rules, report them.

If you're unsure, reread the rules and go from there.

Not hard.
Yes. but the rules still aren't clear. People have exploited loopholes before, and whether the loopholes would be rendered legal or illegal later on is still unknown.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:49 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Yes. but the rules still aren't clear. People have exploited loopholes before, and whether the loopholes would be rendered legal or illegal later on is still unknown.
Okay, well, if you're saying something like that you must know of an example. Could I see somewhere where the rules are unclear?

Hi

Closed Thread