Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4
Default Re: is giovanni really ashs dad?

Well you see I would assume that it's his way of training ash seems how they are always around keeping an eye on him and even though they try and steal it which may be set up and they never actually wanted to take it but then again this could all just be crazy talk.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 03-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Vice Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Over View Post
It's possible. However, if he is Ash's father, then why would he want to steal his son's strongest pokemon so bad?
He's jealous of Ash's epik pwnage.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:02 AM
The Politoed Hunter Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs View Post
Then again, it's also possibly Prof Oak is Ash's dad..
Prof Oak is Gary's Grandfather, so if your saying Ash is Prof Oak's son:

Ash = Father to Gary?

Yeah right. xD

Or not even that, Gary could be Ash's Nephew, but that is still too Farfetch'd

xD
Old 03-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Lonsie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lonsie

Giovanni being Ash's dad would mean that the Anime had an actual plot. It doesn't.

[ BFF ~ Draconic Espeon ]
URPG | Shizen no Senshi | VPP
Old 03-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
It's plausable. There was taht episode where Ash's mothert says something to infer this.

Not to mention his yearn for Ash's Pikachu could be to lure Ash to him?
Good point.

As I've posted in another thread we probably wont see Giovanni again as his Japanese voice actor died and they believe to replace a voice actor to be disrespectful. I think it was that [/QUOTE]

Meh, this means no more Giovanni? D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Politoed Hunter View Post
Silver was Giovanni's son, so I don't think Ash is.

Unless Manga=/=Anime, meh.
Since when was Manga = Anime? Even the characters are different.

Quote:
Then again, it's also possibly Prof Oak is Ash's dad..
What, Ash is Gary's uncle/father?! Impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewchirio View Post
No, it never does. Nothing adds up between the anime and manga. They seem to be set in two different time periods almost

~Mewchirio~
Red Gyarados begs to differ. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda55 View Post
No way.
4-word rule. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajarr View Post
I don't think so. If Giovanni was Ash's dad I would think that Giovanni would train him and raise him in his ways so that he could take over Team Rocket whenever something happens to him.
Giovanni could be Ash's long-lost dad. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
Hmm if you think about it Giovanni does boss around Jesse and James and they are always after Ash and Giovanni is pretty much ordering it so in a sense it could be his way of training ash and secretly keeping an eye out over him seems how they always show up and keep him safe.
Well, if that's true, then apparently Jessie and James don't know it... They just focus on getting money and promotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrivire View Post
since the show is made for kids i don't think they would do that as it would be a little confusing
Kids' shows have been more confusing before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
Well you see I would assume that it's his way of training ash seems how they are always around keeping an eye on him and even though they try and steal it which may be set up and they never actually wanted to take it but then again this could all just be crazy talk.
Crazy all right. See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsie View Post
Giovanni being Ash's dad would mean that the Anime had an actual plot. It doesn't.
We don't know yet...

Anyway, on whether Giovanni really is Ash's dad. It could be true (which I reckon is most likely), since if he is, then the fact that he wants Ash's Pikachu is so that if Ash fails to get Pikachu back it'd force him to chase Team Rocket all the way to the headquarters where Ash meets Giovanni. In other words, Jessie and James are merely used by Giovanni to make Pikachu the bait to lure Ash in... and Jessie and James never knew. And since there are many Pokemon that are far more powerful than Ash's Pikachu, Giovanni is unlikely to have wanted Pikachu solely for power. Now, why did he not tell Ash straightaway? Maybe he's watching Ash, to see if he's strong enough to take over Team Rocket. If he is, then he'll tell him.

Now it all makes sense.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Ajarr Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Anyway, on whether Giovanni really is Ash's dad. It could be true (which I reckon is most likely), since if he is, then the fact that he wants Ash's Pikachu is so that if Ash fails to get Pikachu back it'd force him to chase Team Rocket all the way to the headquarters where Ash meets Giovanni. In other words, Jessie and James are merely used by Giovanni to make Pikachu the bait to lure Ash in... and Jessie and James never knew. And since there are many Pokemon that are far more powerful than Ash's Pikachu, Giovanni is unlikely to have wanted Pikachu solely for power. Now, why did he not tell Ash straightaway? Maybe he's watching Ash, to see if he's strong enough to take over Team Rocket. If he is, then he'll tell him.

Now it all makes sense.
Now that would have been a great plot, it's just that the Japenese voice actor for Giovanni died and they don't want to replace him so that probably will never happen.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Now that would have been a great plot, it's just that the Japenese voice actor for Giovanni died and they don't want to replace him so that probably will never happen.
Could replacing him have been the last wishes for the poor guy who died?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Ajarr Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Could replacing him have been the last wishes for the poor guy who died?
Wow, I haven't thought of that. Well heck with what I said, the plot still could happen if Nintendo was smart!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Hmm, if you've played FR or LG like I have, the scientist dude says Giovanni's kid has red hair, which is why I'm pretty sure Lance is his kid and not Ash. But that's just in the games, not the anime, but there's certainly more connection to the anime and games than the anime and manga.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 03-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post
Hmm, if you've played FR or LG like I have, the scientist dude says Giovanni's kid has red hair, which is why I'm pretty sure Lance is his kid and not Ash. But that's just in the games, not the anime, but there's certainly more connection to the anime and games than the anime and manga.
I thought when they said that, they meant your Rival in GSC :x
Old 03-29-2009, 12:14 AM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
I thought when they said that, they meant your Rival in GSC :x
I thought so too, but in GSC, your rival hates Team Rocket. With one of them burning passions. And yet, he's sinister-- wouldn't it be a coincidence for him to have been born to Team Rocket, (probably) forget about being affiliated with them, and then turn out evil anyways?

Perhaps it's in the genes. :O Regardless, this probably makes the most sense.

Hork-Bajir . . . . Taxxon
Old 03-29-2009, 10:16 PM
SBaby Offline
Master Trainer

No, I know he's not. I just say he is because it's hilarious seeing the reactions from the fanboys who get overly mad at you for saying that (reference SPPF).

http://www.videogamevoters.org/

Does SatAM even NEED an introduction?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Wow, I haven't thought of that. Well heck with what I said, the plot still could happen if Nintendo was smart!
The key word is "if". :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchMeBeQuieter View Post
I thought so too, but in GSC, your rival hates Team Rocket. With one of them burning passions. And yet, he's sinister-- wouldn't it be a coincidence for him to have been born to Team Rocket, (probably) forget about being affiliated with them, and then turn out evil anyways?

Perhaps it's in the genes. :O Regardless, this probably makes the most sense.
Nah, when he does take over Team Rocket he'll turn it upside down. XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
No, I know he's not. I just say he is because it's hilarious seeing the reactions from the fanboys who get overly mad at you for saying that (reference SPPF).
Saying what? and what's SPPF? :O
Old 03-31-2009, 06:15 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs Offline
Master Trainer

I didn't say Prof Oak was Ash's Dad, I said he could be Ash's Dad. Just like anyone in the Anime could. It's not inpossible that Brock is Ash's Dad, he does like his ladies ^^ Or it could be Mr Mime, although he appeared after Ash left home...

Oh and you answered one of my quotes with another quoteby me, but from another thread. ^¬^

It seems that Ash's Fathers identity will remain a secret in the foreseeable future. It may just be one of those hidden things, like Timmy's Parents names from Fairly Odd Parents, or what's under Kakashi's mask in Naruto.

Porygon - Alphanumeric
Level 100; 621
Old 04-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
I didn't say Prof Oak was Ash's Dad, I said he could be Ash's Dad. Just like anyone in the Anime could. It's not inpossible that Brock is Ash's Dad, he does like his ladies ^^ Or it could be Mr Mime, although he appeared after Ash left home...

Oh and you answered one of my quotes with another quoteby me, but from another thread. ^¬^

It seems that Ash's Fathers identity will remain a secret in the foreseeable future. It may just be one of those hidden things, like Timmy's Parents names from Fairly Odd Parents, or what's under Kakashi's mask in Naruto.
Some things are just impossible. Accept that.

But yeah, we may need to wait until the end of the anime (if it ever comes), or we may never know...