Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Peace Buyer Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Peace Buyer
Default Re: Breeding or PokeSav

So true...So so true u_u

I hate it when they do it even if its "just" the stats!

I had fought someone with stats up in the 600! >_<
Old 03-28-2009, 12:15 AM
Bizzaro Offline
Amateur Trainer

True that brotha.

I could possibly use the pokesav to compare my normal ev trained to the best of my capabilities pokemon to a perfect yet hached pokemon. And then later just release the hacked one.

Fido the level 1 Arcanine!
Bizzaro's PokePet

Banzai the level 0 Scyther!
Old 03-28-2009, 12:40 AM
Ryan Nissan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga12 View Post
It gets plenty of annoying when you battle people with PokeSav pokemon...

Why just the other day I battled someone with that, it is so annoying, I only got past one of their pokemon, and The team I have is just about fool-proof!
What are you? An idiot?

Pokesav pokes are the same as bred but you know who made it didn't waste valuable life time to "make" the pokemon!
[20:18] ryannissan: I get what you're saying. And sure, just as long as it's not two hours, SON
[20:23] Broderick1995: two hours my ass
[20:24] ryannissan: LMAO
Old 03-28-2009, 03:38 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

It really just depends on the person. I mean I see nothing wrong with PokeSav-ing as long as they are legal movesets and all. A Scizor that was made to have Bullet Punch, Sword Dance, X-Scissor and Baton Pass with 252 spd and att EVs is the same as a breeded Jolly Scizor with the same stats with maybe a few changes in the IVs.

It is basically personal prefrence really. I prefer to breed my team and go for whatever pokemon that has the nature that I need. Still that takes time and not everybody has that kind of time so PokeSav is their way to go. It is all the same if done right.

Chips, Syrup, Whip~

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:18 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
It really just depends on the person. I mean I see nothing wrong with PokeSav-ing as long as they are legal movesets and all. A Scizor that was made to have Bullet Punch, Sword Dance, X-Scissor and Baton Pass with 252 spd and att EVs is the same as a breeded Jolly Scizor with the same stats with maybe a few changes in the IVs.

It is basically personal prefrence really. I prefer to breed my team and go for whatever pokemon that has the nature that I need. Still that takes time and not everybody has that kind of time so PokeSav is their way to go. It is all the same if done right.

Chips, Syrup, Whip~
Best post in this thread. I think this really sums it up.
And Dialga12, no offense, but please shut up. I'm sure your team is not 'fool-proof', and just because someone used pokesav'd pokemon and beat you, doesn't mean the had an unfair advantage. ;\

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 03-28-2009, 04:38 AM
chazzymoto Offline

its not really cheap if u stay under the 510 EV limit it would be exatly the same but done faster, and if u play some one with hacked pokes u will know they are hacked cause there was to powerfull of have moves they cant learn, and if u competitive battle u automatically lose. so i thinks its fine

Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 2407 1339 3177
Old 03-28-2009, 04:47 AM
Vice Offline

It doesn't seem fair to people who actually put effort into their teams.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:31 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Pokesaving is the equivalent to someone trading a person a team of pokemon. In competitive battling, it doesn't matter how the person got the team, but how much skill they have by using it. Anyone can pokesav a team, but only truly skilled players can use them effectively.

That is pretty much the competitive battling community's look on it. As long as they have legal stats and movesets, then they are considered fair.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 PM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

It saves time and allows you to easily make modifications. I'd also make random pokemon and fan-made events plus if you were killed by someone due to pekesaved IVs when you had spent a week on it your guinna feel cheated
Old 05-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post

Chips, Syrup, Whip~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post
Pokesaving is the equivalent to someone trading a person a team of pokemon. In competitive battling, it doesn't matter how the person got the team, but how much skill they have by using it. Anyone can pokesav a team, but only truly skilled players can use them effectively.

That is pretty much the competitive battling community's look on it. As long as they have legal stats and movesets, then they are considered fair.
Points taken.

I'd say. Besides, right now it's impossible to tell a bred Pokemon from a Pokesav-ed Pokemon. As they say, "What one doesn't know won't hurt one" or something. If you don't tell others that you made your Pokemon, they won't really care as long as your Pokemon looks like it's bred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice View Post
It doesn't seem fair to people who actually put effort into their teams.
Then those people should cheat back. Give your opponents a taste of their own medicine.

Either that or don't go against them.

I see that the main question has been largely left unanswered.

It depends on your prespective. Though maybe breeding some and Pokesav-ing some would be a choice. Actually, it really is up to you. Though if you Pokesav, you'd have lots more time to choose your team and hone your skills. Or do something else altogether.