Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:13 PM
inyi Offline

Red face Why Togepi been so baby???

Id always wonder why togepi has been treated as an all-time baby pokemon in the anime. It lasted for 7 season being a cry baby until it evolved into Tegetic. Togepi never did any major battles or if it has, it uses it charm liked what it did to pikachu. Misty never noticed that togepi can use metronome and saved them few times via teleport.

If you compare togepi to other pokemon who hatched from egg. liked phanpy, evee and larvitar, those three aggresively shown powerful attacks, did battles after some seasons been able to evolved, even azurill did battles and never a cry baby...
Old 03-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Gold Rush Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Gold Rush
Default Re: Why Togepi been so baby???

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyi View Post
Id always wonder why togepi has been treated as an all-time baby pokemon in the anime. It lasted for 7 season being a cry baby until it evolved into Tegetic. Togepi never did any major battles or if it has, it uses it charm liked what it did to pikachu. Misty never noticed that togepi can use metronome and saved them few times via teleport.

If you compare togepi to other pokemon who hatched from egg. liked phanpy, evee and larvitar, those three aggresively shown powerful attacks, did battles after some seasons been able to evolved, even azurill did battles and never a cry baby...
It's just the kind of Pokemon it is :o
Togepi's arn't as strong as most Pokemon or agressive :O

[URPG] [VPP] [Knights of the Round Table] [ASB]

“For ten years I chased Suicune, and I finally got to see it. I'm all choked up!”
Old 03-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Maybe because there wasn't actually crybaby Pokemon until they brought Togepi along. It's so cutesy and pathetic that maybe, in the eyes of the producers, the crybaby image suited it. o_o;

Old 03-17-2009, 08:57 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs Offline
Master Trainer

I believe it was the first "egg" Pokémon we were introduced to. So they probably realised it just wasn't very entertaining for the viewers, and made Eevee, Phanphy and the lot more powerful and useful.

But Tombi's is probably a better explanation, mine was just improvised waffling.

Porygon - Alphanumeric
Level 100; 621
Old 03-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo

Baby is an adjective!? O_O

Well, now that you mention it, Togepi HAS been a baby for so long. I think it should have evolved by AT THE MOST some part near the end of the Johto saga. Not in Hoenn.

Maybe Togepi hides an evil heart, and hasn't gotten any true happiness for so long?
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Ajarr Offline
Banned

Togepi, Igglypuff, those small wimpy looking Pokemon are meant to be babies till they evolve into stronger, fatter versions of themselves.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:11 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
Baby is an adjective!? O_O
This takes the cake.

The title sounds suspiciously Singlish though...

To be honest though, all I can say is that it was something original, thought out back then when the producers actually had original ideas.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Master Trainer

Heh, yeah, now they're all..

"Electrical Appliances?"

*Facepalm*

Porygon - Alphanumeric
Level 100; 621
Old 03-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs View Post

"Electrical Appliances?"

*Facepalm*
And what do you expect? The so called "creative and original and fresh ideas for Pokemon shapes"?

Back on topic. I just can't imagine Togepi start using powerful moves (on its trainer's command) and just beat 'em all. It just doesn't suit Togepi's kawaii physical appearance :(

-Volcan-
Old 03-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Master Trainer

Quote:
And what do you expect? The so called "creative and original and fresh ideas for Pokemon shapes"?
Well, There are still far more Animals, Insects, Plants and other Nature-esque creatures they could use, it just saddens me a bit they've resorted to a Lawnmower.

After the novelty wears off of having a Lawnmower on your Team, I'm sure you'd hope they made originalideas too. I mean, it doesn't have to be original, how about different Types for Pokémon? A Fire type Stantler? I mean Spriters don't resort to such stupid ideas, they seem to have endless ideas about Fakemon

Porygon - Alphanumeric
Level 100; 621
Old 03-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanflame View Post

Back on topic. I just can't imagine Togepi start using powerful moves (on its trainer's command) and just beat 'em all. It just doesn't suit Togepi's kawaii physical appearance :(

-Volcan-
You do know that those moves it used weren't physical moves?

Quote:
Well, There are still far more Animals, Insects, Plants and other Nature-esque creatures they could use, it just saddens me a bit they've resorted to a Lawnmower.

After the novelty wears off of having a Lawnmower on your Team, I'm sure you'd hope they made originalideas too. I mean, it doesn't have to be original, how about different Types for Pokémon? A Fire type Stantler? I mean Spriters don't resort to such stupid ideas, they seem to have endless ideas about Fakemon
Yeah. The spriters need to join them. :P

But we can't change it so insanely; it'll be hard to fit the new stuff into the older generation regions.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:16 AM
Lurking Shadow Offline
Experienced Trainer

I wonder if Togepi actually being on the main cast really did anything for the show, other than being a convenient plot device (teleporting, etc.). Imagine the show without Togepi. Would anything really have changed?

~~~
Now...

Quote:

"Electrical Appliances?"

*Facepalm*
I feel a pull to defend my beloved (well, maybe not *that* extreme, but still) Rotom...

First of, I assume you can see why someone could be peeved by your usage of the term "they're all", so I feel no need to elaborate on why I find that a tad bit irksome.

What makes using a possessed lawnmower less unique then using, say, a mutant electric mouse? I like the idea of Rotom's electric/ghost typing allowing it to possess electric appliances. Bear in mind that it's Rotom that's the actual Pokemon, it's kind of like, well, some sort of ghost. It's just that it can possess appliances for some extra power.

This is going slightly off topic, so if you want to discuss this more (even if it's just personal taste), maybe make a new topic or hurl your rants on my profile. Though in the end, this is a matter of personal preference... The most that can be done is to hopefully make you respect Rotom...
~~~

Click picture for personality survey, from "The Cave of Dragonflies."
Old 03-19-2009, 04:46 AM
KarD Offline

Well this topic kinda drifted off-topic...so I'll steer it back on track. I believe togepi acted like that because of something we call natures. I'm sure there are other togepis out there that aren't crybabies.

Oh, and I lol'd at the title.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

For my opinion... I think because:
1) Togepi is cute

and

2) Togepi is an egg Pokemon (eggs must be handled with care) LOL
Old 03-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
You do know that those moves it used weren't physical moves?
Yeah, and so what? I was talking about physical appearance, sir.

Quote:

A fire type Stantler just means another same type of animal. And no one ranted on Magnezone's UFO-ish shape.

-Volcan-