Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber
Default Re: The Metal Legion v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Ima go get Zach. He's the approval guy. ;3
:o
Alright. I guess I will check back here for an update and what not :3
Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

I see nothing wrong with your lists (apart from the fact that Kiss isn't metal), but accepted.

Also, I went to a rather good concert on Sunday consisting of:

-Lazarus AD
-Skeletonwitch
-Goatwhore
-Amon Amarth

Expect a more detailed story later on, as well as a few pictures. However, I somehow found a way to review an album in my normally busy days. That will be posted below this one, it is a review for Warbringer's sophomore album 'Waking Into Nightmares'.

Last edited by PainKiller; 04-30-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Waking Into Nightmares
Warbringer

The NWOTM is catching on like wildfire, with bands such as Municipal Waste, Skeletonwitch, Evile, and of course Warbringer. After their debut 'War Without End' released in 2008, I was hooked. The riffs pounded out by this band are a marvel to the ears. The high quality of each and every song is astounding, and I find it incredibly hard to find any metalhead who dislikes this album. Now, with all of that being said I had high expectations of their sophomore album 'Waking Into Nightmares'. Does it disappoint? Read on to find out.

'Waking Into Nightmares' starts out with a fast paced, in your face old school Thrash track entitled 'Jackal'. You are immediately engulfed in a sea of intense drum work and shredding guitars, mixed in with the intense shouting of lead vocalist John Kevill. This song is definitely true Thrash, with corny, but brutal lyrics included! Don't believe me? "An eye for an eye, will make the whole world blind! Still, I want you to die!" The song also has an incredibly kickass guitar solo in it, performed by lead guitarist John Laux, and it is truly a great way to start off the album.

You are next thrown into a personal favorite of mine, entitled 'Living in a Whirlwind'. It has some powerful and fast paced riffs in it, but one of the things that will draw your attention from the start is the thumping double bass of drummer Nic Ritter. He truly is a step up from their last drummer, whose name is not important.

The third track (and first single from the album) is entitled 'Severed Reality'. The main riff for this track is hypnotic, and once again the double bass of the drums is present (and perfect, I might add).

The first three tracks grab your attention like no other, but if you are thinking that all of this "would be stale" and that they have no "variety in the album" (complaints that idiots made regarding the first album) then you shall be surprised with the track 'Nightmare Anatomy' which is a slower, more melodic instrumental track that really is a nice break from the onslaught of aggression you will hear throughout the whole album.

In all honesty, this is truly a great Thrash album from an up and coming band that looks to have a big future ahead of them. I cannot find many flaws with this album, only the fact that while some songs are amazing, others are just average. Don't let you turn that off of this album (and I won't let it run the score down much), however. If you are a first time listener to Thrash Metal, this is a great album to pick up.

Give these tracks a listen:

-Jackal
-Living in a Whirlwind
-Severed Reality
-Abandoned by Time
-Nightmare Anatomy
-Prey for Death

Overall score: 95%
Old 05-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
Waking Into Nightmares
Warbringer

The NWOTM is catching on like wildfire, with bands such as Municipal Waste, Skeletonwitch, Evile, and of course Warbringer. After their debut 'War Without End' released in 2008, I was hooked. The riffs pounded out by this band are a marvel to the ears. The high quality of each and every song is astounding, and I find it incredibly hard to find any metalhead who dislikes this album. Now, with all of that being said I had high expectations of their sophomore album 'Waking Into Nightmares'. Does it disappoint? Read on to find out.

'Waking Into Nightmares' starts out with a fast paced, in your face old school Thrash track entitled 'Jackal'. You are immediately engulfed in a sea of intense drum work and shredding guitars, mixed in with the intense shouting of lead vocalist John Kevill. This song is definitely true Thrash, with corny, but brutal lyrics included! Don't believe me? "An eye for an eye, will make the whole world blind! Still, I want you to die!" The song also has an incredibly kickass guitar solo in it, performed by lead guitarist John Laux, and it is truly a great way to start off the album.

You are next thrown into a personal favorite of mine, entitled 'Living in a Whirlwind'. It has some powerful and fast paced riffs in it, but one of the things that will draw your attention from the start is the thumping double bass of drummer Nic Ritter. He truly is a step up from their last drummer, whose name is not important.

The third track (and first single from the album) is entitled 'Severed Reality'. The main riff for this track is hypnotic, and once again the double bass of the drums is present (and perfect, I might add).

The first three tracks grab your attention like no other, but if you are thinking that all of this "would be stale" and that they have no "variety in the album" (complaints that idiots made regarding the first album) then you shall be surprised with the track 'Nightmare Anatomy' which is a slower, more melodic instrumental track that really is a nice break from the onslaught of aggression you will hear throughout the whole album.

In all honesty, this is truly a great Thrash album from an up and coming band that looks to have a big future ahead of them. I cannot find many flaws with this album, only the fact that while some songs are amazing, others are just average. Don't let you turn that off of this album (and I won't let it run the score down much), however. If you are a first time listener to Thrash Metal, this is a great album to pick up.

Give these tracks a listen:

-Jackal
-Living in a Whirlwind
-Severed Reality
-Abandoned by Time
-Nightmare Anatomy
-Prey for Death

Overall score: 95%
Nice review man.

Anyways for the past couple of days, Children Of Bodom isn't coming out of my head. Especially this song. Alexi is insane, I can't believe how great he is at guitar.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:36 AM
Sloddikus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sloddikus Send a message via MSN to Sloddikus Send a message via Skype™ to Sloddikus

hi guiz can i join???

5 Favorite bands: unearth , slipknot!!!!!!!!, a7x . th devil wers prada \m/,bring me th e horizon
2 Favorite genres: daeth meta l
Reason For Joining: METAl IS SO FIN KOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReclusiveDemon View Post
hi guiz can i join???

5 Favorite bands: unearth , slipknot!!!!!!!!, a7x . th devil wers prada \m/,bring me th e horizon
Wow, your musical tastes have surly changed. Red, are you in a hostage situation right now?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
hi guiz can i join???

LMFAO, who hacked Red?
Old 05-05-2009, 02:31 AM
Sloddikus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sloddikus Send a message via MSN to Sloddikus Send a message via Skype™ to Sloddikus

Quote:
Wow, your musical tastes have surly changed. Red, are you in a hostage situation right now?
No, I'm just incrediblY gay awEsome now, guyS. How would a fighter likE me end up in a Lame situation like being held Prisoner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
LMFAO, who hacked Red?
Whiskey, Nashville and a woman.

In that order.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:10 AM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
No, I'm just incrediblY gay awEsome now, guyS. How would a fighter likE me end up in a Lame situation like being held Prisoner?

Whiskey, Nashville and a woman.

In that order.
You're right, you'd probably be torturing your captors.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Daeth metal = lol.

Yeah so, I'm going to some sort of power metal gig next Monday. Stratovarius, with Frewind as support. *shrug*

BUT!

Something came to my attention that nearly made me cry with excitement.

Seriously.

I actually screamed.

http://www.sonicdice.com/2009/04/30/...for-september/

Isn't this like their third time in the UK?

I swear they never toured before. I know they played B-O-A and something else, but I never heard of an actual tour.

But yeah. I printed that off, highlighted the Spinefarm one in London and stuck it to my parents bedroom door. I think they're taking me.

So excuse me whilst I go completely lose my head.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:26 AM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
hi guiz can i join???

Even if this wasn't a joke (but I'm positive it is), you're accepted. I can't deny the clubs original creator.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Sloddikus Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Daeth metal = lol.
I also considered Daath Metal and Deaf Metal.

All three are good, though.

Quote:
finntroll-announce-uk-dates-for-september
It'd be more exciting if it said

Quote:
folk-fvck-tour-announces-skyclad-falconer-s.o.m.-kauan-and-silent+stream+of+godless+elegy-usa-dates
My god that'd be an awesome tour.

Quote:
Even if this wasn't a joke (but I'm positive it is), you're accepted. I can't deny the clubs original creator.
ReclusiveDemon
5 favorite bands: Paul Chain, Sabbat, Wastelander, Morgain, Megadeth
2 favorite genres: Doom Metal, Thrash Metal

Old 05-12-2009, 06:07 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
ReclusiveDemon
5 favorite bands: Paul Chain, Sabbat, Wastelander, Morgain, Megadeth
2 favorite genres: Doom Metal, Thrash Metal
all dem bands effin suk
Old 05-13-2009, 02:35 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Mitch View Post
all dem bands effin suk
Edge of Sanity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Opeth.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:48 AM
Sloddikus Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Mitch View Post
all dem bands effin suk
omg no u suk momie gaich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
Edge of Sanity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Opeth.

A challenger appears.

Last edited by Sloddikus; 05-13-2009 at 05:53 AM.