Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Red's Legion of the Necro-Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchuck View Post
It might be the fact that the last three bands you listed aren't Metal. I'm not saying they're bad bands or anything, but they aren't Metal.
Primus is metal. Funk Metal to be more precise. The others are too, but if its really necessary I'll substitute those for something else than god-damnit.

5 Favorite bands: Iron Maiden, Accept, Steve Vai, Black Sabbath, UFO, Quiet Riot, Judas Priest, Dio (That should be enough)
2 Favorite Genres: Any Metal subgenre, Hard Rock/Punk
Reason for joining: Yea, like I said earlier, I just wanna join the discussion and stuff and I wanna learn some new bands.

Ok. Last try. There, those are metal bands by your standards. I personally consider Tenacious-D and Primus metal, but I'll go by what you say.

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats

Last edited by Retro-Smasher; 08-16-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Smasher View Post
Primus is metal. Funk Metal to be more precise. The others are too, but if its really necessary I'll substitute those for something else than god-damnit.
Primus are Funk Rock, Them Crooked Vultures are Rock. Tenacious D are iffy. They're more like comedic Rock than anything. Even so, they aren't in the Metal Archives, so it's probably not a great idea to use them for a sign-up to this club. It's true, the Metal Archives don't list every Metal band out there, but that's usually just when a band is really obscure. Primus, Them Crooked Vultures, and Tenacious D are all pretty well-known, so if they were considered Metal by most people's standards, they'd be in there.

And there's no use getting all pissy. We're just trying to help you understand the club rules and whatnot.

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 08-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Primus are Funk Rock, Them Crooked Vultures are Rock. Tenacious D are iffy. They're more like comedic Rock than anything. Even so, they aren't in the Metal Archives, so it's probably not a great idea to use them for a sign-up to this club. It's true, the Metal Archives don't list every Metal band out there, but that's usually just when a band is really obscure. Primus, Them Crooked Vultures, and Tenacious D are all pretty well-known, so if they were considered Metal by most people's standards, they'd be in there.

And there's no use getting all pissy. We're just trying to help you understand the club rules and whatnot.
Yea, I'm not try to get pissy. God-damnit is kinda a word I use alot. Is Accept in the metal archives? What about the others? I'm pretty sure UFO is a metal band.

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats

Last edited by Retro-Smasher; 08-16-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
It's true, the Metal Archives don't list every Metal band out there, but that's usually just when a band is really obscure.
LIKE MORNEDHEL!
Who are awesome.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:

5 Favorite bands: Iron Maiden, Accept, Steve Vai, Black Sabbath, UFO, Quiet Riot, Judas Priest, Dio (That should be enough)
2 Favorite Genres: Any Metal subgenre, Hard Rock/Punk
Reason for joining: Yea, like I said earlier, I just wanna join the discussion and stuff and I wanna learn some new bands.

Ok. Last try. There, those are metal bands by your standards. I personally consider Tenacious-D and Primus metal, but I'll go by what you say.
Our standards are The Metal Archives. Is it really that hard to look up a band before you put it down? Bolded are the bands that are indeed metal. Steve Vai is not metal. UFO is a good hard rock/prog rock band. Quiet Riot is glam, which isn't allowed. Be more specific in your favorite metal genres, and then you'll be in.

I'll have my eye on you, slip up and you're out since it took you 3 tries to follow simple rules. Check the Metal-Archives.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
Our standards are The Metal Archives. Is it really that hard to look up a band before you put it down? Bolded are the bands that are indeed metal. Steve Vai is not metal. UFO is a good hard rock/prog rock band. Quiet Riot is glam, which isn't allowed. Be more specific in your favorite metal genres, and then you'll be in.

I'll have my eye on you, slip up and you're out since it took you 3 tries to follow simple rules. Check the Metal-Archives.
*Sigh*

Okay then. Sorry it took me so many tries, I'm a Hard Rock person, and I don't have too many metal bands on my iPod. The few that I have are Gogmagog, Iron Maiden, Accept, and Black Sabbath. I need to get some Dio and Judas Priest.

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats
Old 08-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
*Sigh*

Okay then. Sorry it took me so many tries, I'm a Hard Rock person, and I don't have too many metal bands on my iPod. The few that I have are Gogmagog, Iron Maiden, Accept, and Black Sabbath. I need to get some Dio and Judas Priest.
So you've never even listened to them, yet you listed them? If you're a "hard rock" person, this is not the thread for you. This is for people devoted to metal.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
So you've never even listened to them, yet you listed them? If you're a "hard rock" person, this is not the thread for you. This is for people devoted to metal.
I have listened to them. I listen to them extensively, only on the computer.

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats
Old 08-17-2010, 07:04 AM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

I've listened to the new Iron Maiden album twice now. I feel I can give an opinion now.

I still believe El Dorado and the title track are weak songs. However, the rest of the album is just... just great. I think I can agree with what Zach said to me on Skype, saying it is their best since Brave New World. Once the album hit Mother of Mercy, everything started to feel good.

Isle of Avalon and Starblind feel and sound like songs that you'd expect from Powerslave and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son Maiden, respectively. The Alchemist is also really good, and wouldn't have sounded out of place on an album like Fear of the Dark or No Prayer for the Dying.

Also, When the Wild Wind Blows really felt like something I'd have expected from Blaze Bayley era Maiden, something that would've gone well on a b-side for a X Factory single. So far, it is probably my favorite song on the album, with Starblind a close second and The Alchemist a third.

I am exceptionally pleased with this and can say that I will buy this Maiden album, just like I have every other one of their albums.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReclusiveDemon View Post
I've listened to the new Iron Maiden album twice now. I feel I can give an opinion now.

I still believe El Dorado and the title track are weak songs. However, the rest of the album is just... just great. I think I can agree with what Zach said to me on Skype, saying it is their best since Brave New World. Once the album hit Mother of Mercy, everything started to feel good.

Isle of Avalon and Starblind feel and sound like songs that you'd expect from Powerslave and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son Maiden, respectively. The Alchemist is also really good, and wouldn't have sounded out of place on an album like Fear of the Dark or No Prayer for the Dying.

Also, When the Wild Wind Blows really felt like something I'd have expected from Blaze Bayley era Maiden, something that would've gone well on a b-side for a X Factory single. So far, it is probably my favorite song on the album, with Starblind a close second and The Alchemist a third.

I am exceptionally pleased with this and can say that I will buy this Maiden album, just like I have every other one of their albums.
It is really a fantastic album, anyone here who hasn't listened to it yet, I advise that you do so. The only place where I disagree with Red is that the title track has grown on me.

I'm still dumbfounded as to why El Dorado was chosen to be the single (or even written), but whatever. I'm just happy that the rest of the album is good.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReclusiveDemon View Post

Personally, I kinda like El Dorado's chorus, but Satellite 15 was really a letdown. They must've been in a rush to get those two done.

My favorite of the album has to be Isle of Avalon though, I like the beginning alot, and I really like the progressive style.

In Starblind, Bruce's voice seems kinda weird, but it may be just me.

The Talisman could definitely go on Seventh Son and it would fit nicely, I like the style of that song, especially the beginning.

The Man Who Would Be King didn't appeal to me that much, I don't know why...

When the Wild Wind Blows was a good song to finish the album. It had a kinda melancholy feel for my the whole way through, and I kinda wish they made it the single instead of El Dorado.

Overall, a good album, ranks among my favorite, next to Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Dance of Death, and Killers.

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats
Old 08-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Personally, I kinda like El Dorado's chorus, but Satellite 15 was really a letdown. They must've been in a rush to get those two done.

My favorite of the album has to be Isle of Avalon though, I like the beginning alot, and I really like the progressive style.

In Starblind, Bruce's voice seems kinda weird, but it may be just me.

The Talisman could definitely go on Seventh Son and it would fit nicely, I like the style of that song, especially the beginning.

The Man Who Would Be King didn't appeal to me that much, I don't know why...

When the Wild Wind Blows was a good song to finish the album. It had a kinda melancholy feel for my the whole way through, and I kinda wish they made it the single instead of El Dorado.

Overall, a good album, ranks among my favorite, next to Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Dance of Death, and Killers.
You didn't revise your subgenres, you're not in the club yet. Please refrain from posting until you do so.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:04 PM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

5 Favorite bands: Me and your mom started 5 bands
2 Favorite genres: Country, Folklore
Reason For Joining: Cause I want to be a satanworshipping minion. <3

I herd korect splling is rekwired
Old 08-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth_type_rule View Post
Reason for joining: Cause i want to be a satanworshipping minion. <3
YOU HAVE TO GO TO RON FOR THAT LOLOLOLOL a

Old 08-17-2010, 07:11 PM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

cum on gaiz i want 2 b in, plz plz? ):