Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:51 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Non-Legendary/Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon that SHOULD be Legendary!

Which non-legendary or pseudo-legendary (Metagross, Garchomp, Salamence, Dragonite, Tyrannitar) do you think should be legendary?

I believe the following should be legendary or have some other legendary status;

Lapras
Absol
Unown
Rotom
Spiritomb
Ninetails
Lucario

Mainly, out of these, I believe Unown should be legendary. The Unown are Pokemon of myth, and are more enigmatic and sacred than other legendary Pokemon. They are based off of the Latin alphabet, and are able to grant the wishes of whoever controls them. They can do more things than Jirachi can be asked for. They have their own dimension. They should be legendary!

What other Pokemon do you believe should be legendary?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:25 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal
Default Re: Non-Legendary/Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon that SHOULD be Legendary!

Lucario's a legendary that can get laid. That's all.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:45 AM
Metaphysical Offline

Unknown should be. It always seemed legendary to me. Kind of mysterious.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:49 AM
Isaac8296 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Isaac8296

I always thought that unown were legendary lol... but anyway... Ninetales really should've been legendary because I've always thought of it as a legendary until i found out it could evolve from Vulpix><"

Yeah buddy!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:16 PM
atucker22 Offline

Arcanine was going to be legendary, but they scrapped the idea. Ninetails is a legend in PMD why not in the standard games. Every one you stated should be as well.
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 03-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

None of the pokes you have listed deserve legendary status, because they are numberless and common. All of those pokes can either be bred or caught in the wild in limitless numbers. The primary trait all legendaries share is that they are one-of-a-kind, an aspect that none of your pokes have.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:06 PM
coolmewkim22 Offline

We have like twenty ledgies already, how many more do we need?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:29 PM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to TeirusuFX Send a message via Yahoo to TeirusuFX Send a message via Skype™ to TeirusuFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
Lapras
Absol
Unown
Rotom
Spiritomb
Ninetails
Lucario
When I saw that you made this thread, I knew I'd expect to see Lapras on that list :P

Unown is way too common to be legendary

I only have one Pokemon in mind: Ditto

If it can change into anything, including legendaries, wouldn't that make it the ultimate legendary?

Teirusu

Ah! Aya-chan! Aya-chan genki?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
None of the pokes you have listed deserve legendary status, because they are numberless and common. All of those pokes can either be bred or caught in the wild in limitless numbers. The primary trait all legendaries share is that they are one-of-a-kind, an aspect that none of your pokes have.
Unown actually can't breed. As stated in the ninth movie, there were more than one Manaphy, and in the games, there were more than one Phione. There are more than one of each kind, I do believe. Like the time Charizard fought Anabel's Articuno. And when Brenden had those Regis. They were different from the ones in the movies. Therefore, only few legendary Pokemon are one-of-a-kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeirusuFX View Post
When I saw that you made this thread, I knew I'd expect to see Lapras on that list :P
Lapras actually does deserve legendary status; it is one of very few Pokemon (mostly being legendary Pokemon) that can speak via telepathy. It is also exceedingly rare, much to the extent of the legendaries.

Quote:
If it can change into anything, including legendaries, wouldn't that make it the ultimate legendary?
Basically Mew, the ancestor of all Pokemon. =]
Old 03-11-2009, 08:57 PM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to TeirusuFX Send a message via Yahoo to TeirusuFX Send a message via Skype™ to TeirusuFX

Quote:
Unown actually can't breed. As stated in the ninth movie, there were more than one Manaphy, and in the games, there were more than one Phione. There are more than one of each kind, I do believe. Like the time Charizard fought Anabel's Articuno. And when Brenden had those Regis. They were different from the ones in the movies. Therefore, only few legendary Pokemon are one-of-a-kind.
Who said that all Pokemon can reproduce by breeding? There's a few I can think of that don't need to breed in order to reproduce, such as Muk

Quote:
Lapras actually does deserve legendary status; it is one of very few Pokemon (mostly being legendary Pokemon) that can speak via telepathy. It is also exceedingly rare, much to the extent of the legendaries.

That was true only in 1st and 3rd gen

In the 2nd, it could be found every Friday

In the 4th, you can get it anytime

Quote:
Yes, I knew that too, but Ditto is way too common, it can copy anything, but yet it can be found in a specific area, and you can get many of them

It should be fair if you can only obtain one of those 'universal breeders'

Teirusu

Ah! Aya-chan! Aya-chan genki?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II

Here is my argument, and this is not my thread: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...yl#post1478059

I also made a thread just like this here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...te#post1756797. So don't let other users get off topic about predictions of new Pokemon, or your thread will get locked.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Unown actually can't breed.

Read my post again, I said if they can breed or be found in limitless quantities. Unown is categorized as the latter.

As stated in the ninth movie, there were more than one Manaphy, and in the games, there were more than one Phione.

The movies and the games are made by different people- gamefreak who are the creators and production companies who have bought the movie rights. As such inconsistencies rise, and the original creators always take precedence. As such manaphy is deemed legenday but I agree with that phione is not under my own criteria. Besides, their status is not what we are discussing, but rather the somewhat strange list you constructed.

There are more than one of each kind, I do believe. Like the time Charizard fought Anabel's Articuno. And when Brenden had those Regis. They were different from the ones in the movies. Therefore, only few legendary Pokemon are one-of-a-kind.

As I said before, games>>>anime. Besides, even by anime standards all definate legends are exceedingly rare while most of your list is commonplace in the pokemon world

Why lapras and not alakazam and other pokes with extreme intelligence? And don't pull the rarity card, as it can breed as well as the rest of them.

So yeah, your pokes are still mundane.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:52 AM
PokeGal Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to PokeGal

IMO all pokes that were the main pokemon movies r/should be legend

Old 04-10-2009, 06:57 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
Lucario's a legendary that can get laid. That's all.
It isn't. :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmewkim22 View Post
We have like twenty ledgies already, how many more do we need?
Yeah. More like there should be a thread for Legendary Pokemon that shouldn't be. :|

Quote:

Unown is way too common to be legendary

I only have one Pokemon in mind: Ditto

Teirusu
Ditto is also way too common.

Quote:

Even though there are multiples of some Legendary Pokemon, their numbers are still limited. Only those that you can easily get an unlimited number of without resetting the game are definitely confirmed to be Legendary Pokemon. And Pokemon such as Lapras and Unown fall under that category.

Also, just because a Pokemon can speak via telepathy doesn't mean that it must be Legendary Pokemon.

Quote:
Who said that all Pokemon can reproduce by breeding? There's a few I can think of that don't need to breed in order to reproduce, such as Muk
Um... the games' creators?

Quote:
That was true only in 1st and 3rd gen

In the 2nd, it could be found every Friday

In the 4th, you can get it anytime
So... strike Lapras out?

Yes, I knew that too, but Ditto is way too common, it can copy anything, but yet it can be found in a specific area, and you can get many of them

It should be fair if you can only obtain one of those 'universal breeders'
[/QUOTE]

Too late. >_>

What is definitely fair is for everyone to have an equal chance of getting them. Their fault if they don't take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory vs Meaty II View Post
Here is my argument, and this is not my thread: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...yl#post1478059

I also made a thread just like this here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...te#post1756797. So don't let other users get off topic about predictions of new Pokemon, or your thread will get locked.
Quote:
Quote:
Actually, it's very much true that multiples exist for some Legendary Pokemon. For starters, 2 Mews can already be gotten in Generation I games.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Gold Rush Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Gold Rush

Arcanine should be legendary but I guess the makers decided agianst it :[

[URPG] [VPP] [Knights of the Round Table] [ASB]

“For ten years I chased Suicune, and I finally got to see it. I'm all choked up!”