Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Kid_Eternity Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default A good moveset for Jolteon!!!

Hello all! I've been thinking of getting myself a Jolteon, breeding one from scratch, so I was wondering, what would be the ideal moves and nature for such a pokemon, any honest advice will help, please be helpful, what are the other optional move sets for Jolteon? Note, do not take it from serebii.net because I've already seen them, and frankly, I don't like HP Ice or Grass.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: A good moveset for Jolteon!!!

Jolteon@Leftiea/Choice Specs
Timid
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
Thunderbolt
HP Ice/Grass
Baton Pass
Shadow Ball/Agility/Substitute

All jolteon can do really. For a straight sweeper choose shadow ball for the final slot (Dry passing is for when you expect the opponent to switch too, as it will allow you to see their switch first) and shove on choice specs. If you opt for lefties, choose which of the bottom two moves you want to pass.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Max-Attack Offline
Experienced Trainer

Or, if this is for third gen, like the rest of your pokemon appear to be, use this moveset:

Jolteon @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Modest nature
-Thunderbolt
-Bite
-Thunder Wave
-Substitute
Without attempting to get a good Hidden Power, you'll have to resort to Bite in order to hit opposing ground-types. You can ignore the Lum Berry and Substitute suggestions if you're not using this Jolteon in the Battle Tower/Frontier or for competitive use.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Kid_Eternity Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
Jolteon@Leftiea/Choice Specs
Timid
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
Thunderbolt
HP Ice/Grass
Baton Pass
Shadow Ball/Agility/Substitute

All jolteon can do really. For a straight sweeper choose shadow ball for the final slot (Dry passing is for when you expect the opponent to switch too, as it will allow you to see their switch first) and shove on choice specs. If you opt for lefties, choose which of the bottom two moves you want to pass.
Nice Moveset, but like I said, I never use HP, it has never been helpful to me and never will be. However, I appreciate your answer and the moveset you gave me, thnx
Old 03-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Kid_Eternity Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Attack View Post
Or, if this is for third gen, like the rest of your pokemon appear to be, use this moveset:

Jolteon @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Modest nature
-Thunderbolt
-Bite
-Thunder Wave
-Substitute
Without attempting to get a good Hidden Power, you'll have to resort to Bite in order to hit opposing ground-types. You can ignore the Lum Berry and Substitute suggestions if you're not using this Jolteon in the Battle Tower/Frontier or for competitive use.
Nice moveset to you too, but frankly, your right, I can't use Substitute anymore since I wasted my tutor on my Magneton, anyway, how about this set.

Thunderbolt
Bite
Baton Pass/Thunderwave
Agility

What do you think?

As for the nature, I choose Mild over Timid due to Bite and due to the fact that Jolteon has poor defense anyway.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Eternity View Post
Nice Moveset, but like I said, I never use HP, it has never been helpful to me and never will be. However, I appreciate your answer and the moveset you gave me, thnx
If you aren't willing to go for the necersarry moves (In this case hidden power, which is very useful since you need a way to hit grounds for SE damage), then your pokes will be nothing but second rate. For example, you are planning to hit grounds (most of whom carry high defences) with a base 60 damage move off of a base 65 attack stat- you may as well use splash.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:58 AM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
If you aren't willing to go for the necersarry moves (In this case hidden power, which is very useful since you need a way to hit grounds for SE damage), then your pokes will be nothing but second rate. For example, you are planning to hit grounds (most of whom carry high defences) with a base 60 damage move off of a base 65 attack stat- you may as well use splash.
As was already pointed out, that suggestion was for 3rd gen. I assume you remember that bite was special?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
As was already pointed out, that suggestion was for 3rd gen. I assume you remember that bite was special?
Ah, I presumed both dark and ghost moves were physical back then. Either way, the low base power and lack of coverage mean that it still isn't a valid substitute for HP.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Lakota2 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Eternity View Post
Then your only real option is a support or yawnpassing set, because Jolteon needs HP for useable coverage. I'd like to point out that Yawnpass and support Jolteon are generally non-existant in Shoddy gameplay.
"I am of the opinion that as Pokémon Red and Blue were about to be released, Farfetch'd accidentally spilled some ink on the suit of one of the most important Game Freak staff members. Since then, they have hated Farfetch'd and did everything they could to make this thing suck as much as possible on the battlefield."
-Smogon University's opinion on Farfetch'd

Pe2K shoddy server: N/A
Smogon shoddy users: Lakota2, Africanus, Kamotts
Common Alts: Acai, Living Desert, Africanis

Last edited by Lakota2; 03-11-2009 at 12:19 AM.