Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:36 PM
boboman123 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Question New Kingdra Deck. What do you think?

Hey everyone, me and a friend got a new idea for Kingdra deck so just tell me what you think. So far its at around 15 wins 5 losses and each loss was to a magnazone ampharos deck.

Kingdra~4
Seadra~3
Horsea~4
Octillary (platinum)~2
Remoraid (platinum)~2
Suicune~1

Claydol~1
Baltoy 1

Cynthia's Feelings~1
Plus Power~4
Night Maintenence~1
Broken Time Space~1
Felicity's drawing~1
Team Galactics Mars~1
Super Scoop Up~2
Speed Stadium~1
Warp Point~1
Team Galactics Wager~2
Bebe's Search~4
Roseanne's Research~4
Rare Candy~4

Water Energy~16

Don't say it....I know I need at least one more Claydol. When I use Aqua Stream I take the energies from the discard pile and back into the deck. When I have alot energies in my deck I can use Octillery's Water Vein Attack. With Water Vein, if you don't know, you reveal the top 5 cards of your deck, flip a coin for each water energy there, the attack does 50 x number of heads.

Please tell me what you think in the comments. I'm planning on using this at states but I want YOUR opinion. :)

Yay! I got a Pok'emon 2009 World Championships shirt! Only 90 in existance! (jealus!) Thankyou A.J.!

Last edited by boboman123; 03-16-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: changed deck
Old 03-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel
Default Re: New Kingdra Deck. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boboman123 View Post
Hey everyone, me and a friend got a new idea for Kingdra deck so just tell me what you think.

Kingdra~4
Seadra~3
Horsea~4
Octillary (platinum)~2
Remoraid (platinum)~2
Suicune~1

Claydol~1
Baltoy 1

Cynthia's Feelings~1
Plus Power~4
Night Maintenence~1
Broken Time Space~1
Professor Oak's Visit~2
Super Scoop Up~2
Speed Stadium~1
Amulet Coin~1
Team Galactics Wager~2
Bebe's Search~4
Roseanne's Research~4
Rare Candy~4

Water Energy~16

Don't say it....I know I need at least one more Claydol. When I use Aqua Stream I take the energies from the discard pile and back into the deck. When I have alot energies in my deck I can use Octillery's Water Vein Attack. With Water Vein, if you don't know, you reveal the top 5 cards of your deck, flip a coin for each water energy there, the attack does 50 x number of heads.

Please tell me what you think in the comments. I'm planning on using this at states but I want YOUR opinion. :)
First, I might as well say it, Octillery and Kingdra aren't the best of partners. Neither one has free retreat, so switching between the two could prove to be a problem.
-2 Octillery
-2 Remoraid
To repalce those, I'd up the Claydol-Baltoy line to a 2-2, and add a Uxie. You're also going to want to run at least one Unown G to either protect your Kingdra, or to save your Claydol from sniping attacks.
+1 Claydol
+1 Baltoy
+1 Uxie
+1 Unown G

For your Stadiums, Speed Stadium won't help you as much as the reinforced Claydol line, so drop it in favor of another Broken-Time-Space, since it will increase your chances of getting a Kingdra out early-game.
-1 Speed Stadium
+1 Broken-Time-Space
For your supporters, dump the Team Galactic's Wagers, since you should be focusing on hitting hard and fast, rather then disrupting your opponent. Also take out the Professor Oak's Visit, and exchange all of those for 4 Felicity's drawings
-2 Team Galactic's Wager
-2 Professor Oak's Visit
+4 Felicity's Drawing
As for your trainers, remove the Amulet Coin for another Night Maintenance, in order to get back Claydol with more ease.
-1 Amulet Coin
+1 Night Maintenance
Finally, 16 is three too many energy for a Kingdra deck, especially considering that we've dumped Octillery. Instead, add another Unown G, and a 1-1 Mantine line, to enable you to save a damaged Kingdra.
-3 Water Energy
+1 Unown G
+1 Mantine
+1 Mantyke

So, the final list looks like:

Pokemon
4x Kingdra (LA)
3x Seadra (LA)
4x Horsea (LA)
2x Claydol (GE)
2x Baltoy (GE)
2x Unown G (GE)
1x Suicune (SW)
1x Uxie (LA)
Stadiums, Supporters, and Trainers
2x Broken Time-Space
4x Bebe's Search
4x Felicity's Drawing
4x Roseanne's Research
1x Cynthia's Feelings
4x Pluspower
4x Rare Candy
2x Night Maintenance
2x Super Scoop Up
Energy
13x Water

Hope that helps.

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 03-11-2009, 07:30 PM
boboman123 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: New Kingdra Deck. What do you think?

Well i've tested the deck several times and I think it's at 4 wins 1 loss. One thing I realized is with Girantina Lv. X being played very often in my area, when I attack I discard another water energy. I did realize that I have trouble switching them. The good thing abot retreating them is discarding the energy. I' planning on simply putting in some warp point. I finally got an Azelf from LA. Most of the cards you listed Kentucky_Fried_Torchic are extremely hard to obtain as they are used ALOT. I almost got 1 Claydol for 3 Skymins (that was the ONLY way I could get it) but my friend couldn't find the Claydol. So I sold them for $5.00 and a Chuck Norris poster. If I do happen to get the cards you mentioned they will go in the deck. Thanks for your concern though. Any more ideas anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky_fried_torchic View Post
First, I might as well say it, Octillery and Kingdra aren't the best of partners. Neither one has free retreat, so switching between the two could prove to be a problem.
-2 Octillery
-2 Remoraid
To repalce those, I'd up the Claydol-Baltoy line to a 2-2, and add a Uxie. You're also going to want to run at least one Unown G to either protect your Kingdra, or to save your Claydol from sniping attacks.
+1 Claydol
+1 Baltoy
+1 Uxie
+1 Unown G

For your Stadiums, Speed Stadium won't help you as much as the reinforced Claydol line, so drop it in favor of another Broken-Time-Space, since it will increase your chances of getting a Kingdra out early-game.
-1 Speed Stadium
+1 Broken-Time-Space
For your supporters, dump the Team Galactic's Wagers, since you should be focusing on hitting hard and fast, rather then disrupting your opponent. Also take out the Professor Oak's Visit, and exchange all of those for 4 Felicity's drawings
-2 Team Galactic's Wager
-2 Professor Oak's Visit
+4 Felicity's Drawing
As for your trainers, remove the Amulet Coin for another Night Maintenance, in order to get back Claydol with more ease.
-1 Amulet Coin
+1 Night Maintenance
Finally, 16 is three too many energy for a Kingdra deck, especially considering that we've dumped Octillery. Instead, add another Unown G, and a 1-1 Mantine line, to enable you to save a damaged Kingdra.
-3 Water Energy
+1 Unown G
+1 Mantine
+1 Mantyke

So, the final list looks like:

Pokemon
4x Kingdra (LA)
3x Seadra (LA)
4x Horsea (LA)
2x Claydol (GE)
2x Baltoy (GE)
2x Unown G (GE)
1x Suicune (SW)
1x Uxie (LA)
Stadiums, Supporters, and Trainers
2x Broken Time-Space
4x Bebe's Search
4x Felicity's Drawing
4x Roseanne's Research
1x Cynthia's Feelings
4x Pluspower
4x Rare Candy
2x Night Maintenance
2x Super Scoop Up
Energy
13x Water

Hope that helps.

Yay! I got a Pok'emon 2009 World Championships shirt! Only 90 in existance! (jealus!) Thankyou A.J.!