Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Kendo's Avatar
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,792
Send a message via AIM to Kendo
Question GMail is Banned!?

My friend (Kiko the Forest Flame) wants to register on this site, but when she tries, it says "The administrator has banned this email address. Please contact the administrator." But she even tried making a NEW account on GMail, with no history of anything bad whatsoever, and it's still banned. What's GMail ever done to you!?!?!?

Anyone know why this happened and how we can fix it so we don't have to register a whole new email account somewhere else AGAIN?
__________________
A very dumb story. Go read it.
~Kendo
Join my RPG...
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Elrond's Avatar
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere in the USA
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via AIM to Elrond
Default Re: GMail is Banned!?

I don't know about GMail, but you can always just go over to AOL or yahoo and make accounts there; it's still free and takes about two seconds, and you'll only ever have to use it to activate your pe2k account.
__________________

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-2009, 01:46 AM
Shadow Eevee's Avatar
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere. :o
Posts: 6,902
Default Re: GMail is Banned!?

I don't think it's anything personal, and I don't know anything about it, so I'd try to use a Yahoo! account or AOL or something.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-2009, 02:22 AM
Trainer17's Avatar
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New World
Posts: 6,354
Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17
Default Re: GMail is Banned!?

Uh. Registration requires just your User name, Password and the "I agree" thingy. It doesn't even need an Account Verification or Activation. Also, it's optional for us to write down our Email, be it MSN/AIM/w.e
__________________
URPG l ASB l VPP

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2009, 02:50 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: GMail is Banned!?

There was a mistake while banning emails belonging to spammers. You can now register with gmail again, sorry for the inconvenience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
Uh. Registration requires just your User name, Password and the "I agree" thingy. It doesn't even need an Account Verification or Activation. Also, it's optional for us to write down our Email, be it MSN/AIM/w.e
That is incorrect, email verification is required for activating an account for posting.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Trainer17's Avatar
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New World
Posts: 6,354
Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17
Default Re: GMail is Banned!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
There was a mistake while banning emails belonging to spammers. You can now register with gmail again, sorry for the inconvenience.

That is incorrect, email verification is required for activating an account for posting.
O_o
Wow, must have been a long time since I joined this forums. Forgotten a little I guess. But yeah, Ryan cleared that :P
__________________
URPG l ASB l VPP

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-07-2009, 03:03 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: GMail is Banned!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
O_o
Wow, must have been a long time since I joined this forums. Forgotten a little I guess. But yeah, Ryan cleared that :P
lol, yes, a long long long time ago we didn't have that enabled, but that feature has been on for quite a while now. It's actually pretty important to make sure your email is correct (and that feature makes sure it's correct), so that if you ever forget your password you can recover it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: GMail is Banned!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
My friend (Kiko the Forest Flame) wants to register on this site, but when she tries, it says "The administrator has banned this email address. Please contact the administrator." But she even tried making a NEW account on GMail, with no history of anything bad whatsoever, and it's still banned. What's GMail ever done to you!?!?!?

Anyone know why this happened and how we can fix it so we don't have to register a whole new email account somewhere else AGAIN?
Well, it's all cleared up now. :D

I felt a twinge of irony (or whatever that phrase is) when I read this. My email for this account of mine is Gmail. XD
__________________
What's a "signature"?

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 03-07-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-28-2009, 12:41 AM
Elite luxray's Avatar
Elite luxray Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ok, first, you take a right...
Posts: 307
Default Re: GMail is Banned!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
lol, yes, a long long long time ago we didn't have that enabled, but that feature has been on for quite a while now. It's actually pretty important to make sure your email is correct (and that feature makes sure it's correct), so that if you ever forget your password you can recover it.
I never had to do that. :9

I joined so long ago, yet have less than 200 posts...
__________________

Platinum: 3352 1501 1529
Diamond: Up as soon as i get my diamond back. X3
Mah Linkz
.:::My URPG stats:::.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com