Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Kid_Eternity Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default My team!!!

Hello! I just wanted to post my team so that it would be rated here, here is my current line-up with their attacks and natures! And if your wondering, I made sure that I EV trained them all up to level 50 for my battle frontier challenges.

Charizard Naughty

Flamethrower
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

Electabuzz Mild

Thunderbolt
Ice Punch
Focus Punch
Fire Punch

Gorebyss Bold

Psychic
Surf
Ice Beam
Amnesia

Hariyama Lonely

Brick Break
Belly Drum
Knock Off
Earthquake

Metagross Adamant

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Psychic
Iron Defense

Venusaur Sassy

Sludge Bomb
Razor Leaf
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder

Please rate them if they are good, if not, then that's just fine!!! I hate using legendaries!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Max-Attack Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: My team!!!

Metagross won't benefit much from Iron Defense or Psychic. Teach it Explosion instead in place of one move, and for the last move, pick Sludge Bomb/Rock Slide/Aerial Ace, depending on what is best for your team. Use Choice Band as the held item.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Kid_Eternity Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Attack View Post
Metagross won't benefit much from Iron Defense or Psychic. Teach it Explosion instead in place of one move, and for the last move, pick Sludge Bomb/Rock Slide/Aerial Ace, depending on what is best for your team. Use Choice Band as the held item.
Sorry, but I already wasted my move tutor of Explosion to another Pokemon, I can't seem to find anymore, do you know?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Max-Attack Offline
Experienced Trainer

The only one I know of is the one in Fire Red/Leaf Green. You could just use two of the other three moves I suggested, or you could use Agility in place of one of them and change the Choice Band for a different item.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Kid_Eternity Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
The only one I know of is the one in Fire Red/Leaf Green. You could just use two of the other three moves I suggested, or you could use Agility in place of one of them and change the Choice Band for a different item.
Thanks, here is the moveset I have imagined for my Metagross:

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Agility
Rockslide

What do you think? Anyway, why do I really need Explosion, "NO SACRIFICES" is my style of battling.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Max-Attack Offline
Experienced Trainer

That could work. Explosion is mostly just to take out Ludicolo, Zapdos, Swampert, etc. in one shot, which normally may take a while to take down with Meteor Mash or Earthquake.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Kid_Eternity Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
That could work. Explosion is mostly just to take out Ludicolo, Zapdos, Swampert, etc. in one shot, which normally may take a while to take down with Meteor Mash or Earthquake.
I know, but I'm thinking of adding another hard hitter to my team, someone that would make my team more formidable, a secret weapon if you will, who would you recommend? No legendaries please!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Max-Attack Offline
Experienced Trainer

Here's one of my favorite pokemon to use in the Battle Frontier:

Slaking @ Choice Band
Adamant nature
-Return
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Aerial Ace/Swift/Flamethrower/Slack Off
If you want a hard hitter, Slaking is just the pokemon for you. Return should knock out anything that doesn't resist it. Earthquake should be used against Rock and Steel types, and most Electric types to avoid being affected by their Static ability. Shadow Ball is for use against ghost-types and Solrock and Lunatone, but Return should defeat most Psychic types in one hit.

The last move is filler, but they all have their purposes. Swift and Aerial Ace are to help out against Double Teamers in case you don't have a Hazer or another pokemon that can easily handle them. Swift has more power to begin with, but Aerial Ace can happen to get some super effective hits and it will affect ghost types. Flamethrower is to hit Skarmory, and possibly Foretress/Scizor. Slack Off may seem weird on a Choice Band set, but it is helpful in facilities such as the Battle Pike and Pyramid where you run into wild pokemon, which will buy you time to heal.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:59 AM
Kid_Eternity Offline
Amateur Trainer

I don't know, I've had particualr difficulty with Slaking before, what with his ability to loaf around per turn, he'd go down in a heartbeat if I'm not careful, but I'll try him again if you say so, and I'll try to raise and train one again from scratch. Nice moveset by the way.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Max-Attack Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Eternity View Post
I don't know, I've had particualr difficulty with Slaking before, what with his ability to loaf around per turn,
You get used to it when you become an experienced Slaking user. Just consider the fact that he will always be able to move on his first turn, and the amount of damage he's gonna deal, then you can switch him out.

Quote:
he'd go down in a heartbeat if I'm not careful,
No, he's got great defensive stats. He should even be able to withstand a few special attacks since he has such great HP.

Quote:
but I'll try him again if you say so, and I'll try to raise and train one again from scratch. Nice moveset by the way.
Definitely give it a shot. And it's nice to see you're happy.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:34 PM
AssistantPillow Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AssistantPillow

Quote:
I don't know, I've had particualr difficulty with Slaking before, what with his ability to loaf around per turn, he'd go down in a heartbeat if I'm not careful, but I'll try him again if you say so, and I'll try to raise and train one again from scratch. Nice moveset by the way.
I have a Slaking from emerald that I had trained from scratch and it has the moveset
Slaking @ Choice Band
Adamant nature
-Return
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Aerial Ace/Swift/Flamethrower/Slack Off
I recently migrated it to Diamond and was wondering if you wanted to trade something for it. I would ask for anything that much not any shinys or legendaries, just a good match that I need. PM me if you are interested in the deal.
Thanks.

P.S. Max-Attack-good move set