Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:10 PM
CaisyGold Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Ө±The PEAGA (Pokémon Elite Association of Graphic Artists) Official Club Thread±Ө

Welcome to the...

PEAGA (Pokémon Elite Association of Graphic Artists)

Image made by iKawaii

Here at PEAGA (pē • gű) we pride ourselves in having members who create fine quality graphic art! If you are a computer graphic artist of any sort, and wish to join PEAGA, please see the form below.

Here at PEAGA, we provide semi-weekly contests... (See our thread in the art contests section...) This club thread serves as a HQ for all our activites. We will have challenges here and there, allowing for members to express themselves. Members may discuss art programs, show off artwork, discuss graphics, and post links to self-created PEAGA threads! This club is for the purpose of helping members become better artists by having their artwork critiqued by other members. The purpose is to make artwork look good to the naked eye. No fancy evaluations. We are here for the sole purpose of creating graphic artwork that appeals to even the simplest mind.

The following form is in correct format. Just remove the *'s.

[u*][b*]Form:[/b*][/u*]
[b*]Name:[/b*]
[b*]Link to a sample of artwork or portfolio:[/b*]

Its that simple! We will check you artwork and as long as it isn't completely bad... you will get in. By completely bad, I mean scribbles on paint.

Check out our contest thread here.

More threads will be coming soon, including a gallery/graphic shop and more!

Members:

Founder/Chairman:
CaisyGold

Vice Chairman:
Vanessa (White Wolf of the Snow)

Secretary of Order:
position vacant

Secretary of Relations:
position vacant

Platinum Member:
none

Gold Member:
none

Silver Member:
Angela

Bronze Member:
Ahlat
Hihi
iKawaii
KaylaAnn
ArcanineSurvivor
Anastasia

Mini-Gallery-A Mini-Collection Members' Artwork

All members begin as bronze. With involvement in the club, their name will be placed on a medal and they will be moved up in rank with the medal by their name. If you would like to apply for a secretary of vice position, PM me and write two decent paragraphs on why.

The vice chairman manages the thread when I am not active and will watch over affairs in the thread.

The secretary of order keeps order in the thread, making sure everyone follows the rules that do not exist and makes sure no one cusses or spams. Any spamming should be reported.

The secretary of relations manages our clubs relations and foreign affairs with other clubs, along with giving graphic awards to the best shops and galleries, as nominated by the club and the secretary.

Higher member ranks have more say in club workings. Club conducted in-text polls wil be conducted here and there for nominations of this and that. Bronze members have a vote weighted at 3. Silver weighted at 4. Gold weighted at 5. Platinum weighted at 6. Secretaries and chairpeople along with future management positions are weighted at 6 also.

Thanks for joining the club. Remember to Photoshop, GIMP, (and let's not forget 'Paint') your best...

Last edited by CaisyGold; 03-08-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Re: Ө±The PEAGA (Pokémon Elite Association of Graphic Artists) Official Club Thread±Ө

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaisyGold View Post
Remember to photoshop your best...
That's offensive. I use GIMP. lol Change it to 'Remember to Photshop and GIMP your best...'

xD

"/

Name:
Preferably Vanessa, but WWotS works also.

Link to a sample of artwork or portfolio:
Photobucket account.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 02-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Ahlat Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ahlat
Default Re: Ө±The PEAGA (Pokémon Elite Association of Graphic Artists) Official Club Thread±Ө

Name: Ahlat
Link to a sample of artwork or portfolio: #1 #2

I agree with WWotS and I find GIMP to be better then photoshop. :/ Yes I have both.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:17 AM
CaisyGold Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf of the Snow View Post
That's offensive. I use GIMP. lol Change it to 'Remember to Photshop and GIMP your best...'

xD

"/

Name:
Preferably Vanessa, but WWotS works also.

Link to a sample of artwork or portfolio:
Photobucket account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlat View Post

I agree with WWotS and I find GIMP to be better then photoshop. :/ Yes I have both.
I changed the Photoshop thing... you happy? 'Lolz' :)

Also, great artwork both of you! Accepted!

Also, remember to participiate in this week's contest!

Last edited by CaisyGold; 02-26-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Quote:

Oooo, I like your creativity with the confetti and square brushes in the first banner! Very creative and fitting. Excellent job!

Also, I MIGHT enter the contest. MIGHT.
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 02-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Hihi Offline
Elite Trainer

Name: HiHi
Link to a sample of artwork or portfolio: Clicky :)
Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Ahlat Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Oooo, I like your creativity with the confetti and square brushes in the first banner! Very creative and fitting. Excellent job!

Also, I MIGHT enter the contest. MIGHT.
Ha Ha Thanks it was my first sprite banner. Recently I've gotten back into sprite work so I do more sprite banners. Anyways I'll see the contest and if I have time I'll enter.
EDIT: Seems too much work for a lazy being like me. xD

Last edited by Ahlat; 02-26-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Ha Ha Thanks it was my first sprite banner. Recently I've gotten back into sprite work so I do more sprite banners. Anyways I'll see the contest and if I have time I'll enter.
EDIT: Seems too much work for a lazy being like me. xD
Agreed. Making a map on GIMP is hard. The only good thing I could think of to make it look good would be the Old Photo effect, but that's all. "/
Old 02-27-2009, 12:51 AM
CaisyGold Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hihi View Post
Name: HiHi
Link to a sample of artwork or portfolio: Clicky :)
Hihi: Your accepted! Your banners are nice. I especially like the shroomy shroom one! It has a nice effect to it!

Quote:
Agreed. Making a map on GIMP is hard. The only good thing I could think of to make it look good would be the Old Photo effect, but that's all. "/
I actually did mine this way: It was hard. I drew out the outline of the map on paint. Then, I made the background transparent and pasted the map into powerpoint 07, where hence I made the inside of the map outline that green... (don't ask me how.) In powerpoint, I inserted an old looking texture over the map and made it transparent. I used scribble tool to create raods. Simply added circles for cities. Made a legend. Added in a compass rose and scale bar. And did some touching up and hoo haa what not and voila. I know it sounds complicated and photoshop would've been much easier, but it was good. If you do make maps, it does not have to be as elaborate as mine... :)

P.S. I'll get back to your pm Vanessa some day... ;)

Last edited by CaisyGold; 02-27-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:02 PM

Powerpoints pwn, but I don't have it and I can't download. Dial=Up + Download = Hours of wasted time that I don't have.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:28 AM
CaisyGold Offline
Elite Trainer

Yep... I know what you mean... :)

Anyways, sorry I was gone. I went on a "mini" vacation. I am going to work with some pictures I took in Hawaii and see what I can make. Also, I got a banner made for the logo! Check it out!

Last edited by CaisyGold; 03-01-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Ahlat Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaisyGold View Post
Yep... I know what you mean... :)

Anyways, sorry I was gone. I went on a "mini" vacation. I am going to work with some pictures I took in Hawaii and see what I can make. Also, I got a banner made for the logo! Check it out!
The banners nice. I like how you put the text in. Anyways you could change the ontest to making a banner for the club. Maybe then we will actually enter. :P
Old 03-01-2009, 01:43 PM
CaisyGold Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
The banners nice. I like how you put the text in. Anyways you could change the ontest to making a banner for the club. Maybe then we will actually enter. :P
Smart idea! I am definitely going to do that! (I like your thinking.)

Last edited by CaisyGold; 03-01-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Wisp Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Wisp

I'll join ^-^

Name: Ellie/iKawaii, I don't mind which.
Link to a sample of artwork or portfolio: Click on Graphics in my signature. ^-^

Hope my graphics are good enough D:

dA × vpp × urpg × twitter × gamertag: IchigoTako × MALEFICENT♥
Old 03-01-2009, 02:02 PM
CaisyGold Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKawaii View Post
I'll join ^-^

Name: Ellie/iKawaii, I don't mind which.
Link to a sample of artwork or portfolio: Click on Graphics in my signature. ^-^

Hope my graphics are good enough D:
I've seen your graphics and there good! Accepted. Also, I changed the PEAGA contest theme to a PEAGA banner. iKawaii, the PEAGA banner you made is great, and I think you should enter it in the contest.. Could you post in the contest thread and 'submit' your PEAGA banner, unless you want to make a different one? Thanks!

Last edited by CaisyGold; 03-01-2009 at 02:16 PM.