Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:34 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth
Default Re: Is Ash Still 10?

The math at wiki is exactly how I saw it. Plus we all know a year has gone by since the start thanks to the Pikachu short, "Pikachu and Pichu". It stated that it was the anniversary of Ash's and Pikachu's meeting which clearly stats their in their second year together. The second year was during Jhoto which means it was one year for Kanto.

I just wish there would be more indication in the anime towards all their ages. Especially with Brock, Jessie, and James. Heck, even Meowth deserves an age (he's not young you know).

=^^= Nya
Old 02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Well, they really make sense, especially since some guys do start puberty only at 14 or 15. Assuming Ash is one of them, this can easily make a lot of sense.

And you guys forget that the time he spends in the regions can also include the movie times.

And also, no every region is of the same size, so just because Ash spent a year in Kanto doesn't mean he spent another each in others. Using this, we also can't just assume he spent half a year in the Orange Islands. We need to investigate more. Besides, where exactly did the episode Pikachu and Pichu occur? That could also be a factor.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:22 PM
SuperSaiyajin4Gengar Offline
Amateur Trainer

I say he's around 12 or 13

1 Year Kanto 11
Full Year end of Johto Series 12
Hoenn to Sinnoh 13

If Ash mensions how long he been in the anime it will give us a clue how old he relly is but he only mensions in a Pokemon Special that it's been 1 year since he had Pikachu in the Pokemon Movie 3.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Primal Mario Offline
Elite Trainer

No i dont think he is i think he is 13 because the way he acts and his voice is starting to deepen like mine.

"Without idiots, life would have no meaning."
Old 02-25-2009, 11:55 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Well, they really make sense, especially since some guys do start puberty only at 14 or 15. Assuming Ash is one of them, this can easily make a lot of sense.

And you guys forget that the time he spends in the regions can also include the movie times.

And also, not every region is of the same size, so just because Ash spent a year in Kanto doesn't mean he spent another each in others. Using this, we also can't just assume he spent half a year in the Orange Islands. We need to investigate more. Besides, where exactly did the episode Pikachu and Pichu occur? That could also be a factor.
I honestly can't see a movie truly affecting the length of time Ash spends in a region. Sure it's a new location, but that doesn't mean it would dramatically alter the amount of time Ash takes to complete a region.

As for the whole, a region may be longer than the other, it makes sense. However it'd be time consuming and rather pointless to figure out the true length of time spent for each one. I say just keep it the way it is and not delve too deep into it. So far the whole idea of one year per region, and orange being half a year, is the most logical one.

We don't really have to investigate anything. As I said before, that would ultimately be a waste. He's a cartoon. How much logic do we need behind his age when it ultimately isn't important? xD

=^^= Nya

Last edited by RocketMeowth; 02-25-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:56 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Real question should be was May even 10 years old? You look at Dawn, she's clearly 10, but May to me passed for 12! I say on Ash, he's about 14. I don't know why anime thinks they can keep people young forever. Well, Simpsons is like 18 years and Bart is still 10 and Lisa 8?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
I honestly can't see a movie truly affecting the length of time Ash spends in a region. Sure it's a new location, but that doesn't mean it would dramatically alter the amount of time Ash takes to complete a region.

As for the whole, a region may be longer than the other, it makes sense. However it'd be time consuming and rather pointless to figure out the true length of time spent for each one. I say just keep it the way it is and not delve too deep into it. So far the whole idea of one year per region, and orange being half a year, is the most logical one.

We don't really have to investigate anything. As I said before, that would ultimately be a waste. He's a cartoon. How much logic do we need behind his age when it ultimately isn't important? xD

=^^= Nya
When it comes to mathematics, people can get really serious, to the point of calculating in even the most minute stuff. Besides, Ash's age is a topic that can attract many people's attention, and is very much talked about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
Real question should be was May even 10 years old? You look at Dawn, she's clearly 10, but May to me passed for 12! I say on Ash, he's about 14. I don't know why anime thinks they can keep people young forever. Well, Simpsons is like 18 years and Bart is still 10 and Lisa 8?
Hey, May and Dawn are of around the same height and figure. Go figure (no pun intended).

Lol, you used a good example: The Simpsons. XP

As for Ash, I guess I've said all I can, at least for now.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

Well on the first season, he was 10...
I think as the season proceeds, his age adds by one.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaundrell Yumerai View Post
Can't be. This is the 11th season, and I know his age is definitely not 21.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:36 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

May pass for 12? Not with her rack! She's clearly a 16-year-old trapped in the body of a ten-year-old with the mind of a six-year-old (to me at least). lol

And meh. Ash's age never really made me delve deep into the complexity of math. I figured he was forever a ten-year-old because it's just a cartoon. But then again, my mind has settle with him being the brimming young age of fourteen.

=^^= Nya
Old 02-27-2009, 03:18 AM
Kirby Grunt Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kirby Grunt Send a message via MSN to Kirby Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kirby Grunt

I'd say 12 or 11. Not ten, though.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
May pass for 12? Not with her rack! She's clearly a 16-year-old trapped in the body of a ten-year-old with the mind of a six-year-old (to me at least). lol

And meh. Ash's age never really made me delve deep into the complexity of math. I figured he was forever a ten-year-old because it's just a cartoon. But then again, my mind has settle with him being the brimming young age of fourteen.

=^^= Nya
What did that mean in your first paragraph again? I can't understand without clarification.

Oh, right. You aren't as crazy about mathematics than me. XD I shall collect more information! :D
Old 02-28-2009, 09:17 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
What did that mean in your first paragraph again? I can't understand without clarification.

Oh, right. You aren't as crazy about mathematics than me. XD I shall collect more information! :D
Rack, he means the outlying bumps which are referred to as breasts when girls get them in development. Misty also had them, but she clearly was 12.

Good one, Rocket Meowth about that equation you used to formulate how old may looked. She wasn't that bad, but Cindy Snow comes to mind somehow when May did something.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:42 PM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to TeirusuFX Send a message via Yahoo to TeirusuFX Send a message via Skype™ to TeirusuFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaundrell Yumerai View Post
More like he gets older by every reigion he proceeds to

Of course the person who originally played Ash doesn't play as him anymore, and I can truthfully say, that he's maybe around the 14-17 age range

Kuronoa

Ah! Aya-chan! Aya-chan genki?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Light_Sky Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Light_Sky

Yeah I'm pretty sure he's 14.