Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Flan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flan
Default Incredibly Easy Shiny Glitch! O: (olol, seriously)

(I know this is technically a repost, but I felt it was important enough to post again, tsk tsk my silly little ego =P)

There is a much easier way to get Shinies in G/S/C without using the Shiny Ditto trick. This is especially useful for those who want Shiny Pokemon that can't be bred like Articuno, Lugia, etc.
I got this off of someone a long time ago on a different forum, and I'd like to give credit but I can't remember their name. I'd also like to have posted this earlier, but my memory isn't a good one.

- Required
*N64
*Transfer Pak
*Pokemon Gold/Silver
(I can't remember if Crystal works)
*Pokemon Stadium 2

Sorry to those who don't have their N64 anymore or PS2 (or even a Transfer Pak). :(
Also, I have saved part of the person's post, fortunately, and I'd love to share it with everyone.

Quote:
When you take a Pokémon out of a box through Stadium 2, apparently there's a glitch where the game thinks it's still in the box. When you put something else inside that box, everything from the removed Pokémon is transferred to the new one. The data combines I guess but the Pokémon who was removed earlier remains dominant in terms of the stats. Specific data like name, DVs, trainer/ID, and PP Ups used for each move transfer to the new Pokémon.

Once I used Entei to pass it's DVs to Lapras. Entei's 4th move was Solarbeam while Lapras' 4th move was Mimic. After I did the trick, not only did Lapras have the same DVs as Entei but it's Mimic attack was replaced with Solarbeam.

My original explanation of the glitch might be confusing so I'll use a specific example. Let's say I want a shiny Magikarp. I have Red Gyarados. I have a normal Magikarp.

All steps must be done through Stadium 2.

1 - Enter the GB Tower so you're playing Gold or Silver on the N64. Make sure box 7 is empty. Put Red Gyarados into box 7.

2 - Save then leave GB Tower mode and go back to the main screen on Stadium 2. Go to Oak's Lab.

3 - Open a list of Pokémon from your party and box 7 only. Place Red Gyarados into your team then save.

4 - Go back into GB Tower and into the PC. Deposit Magikarp.

5 - Switch to another box, but while it says 'saving' hit reset on the N64 around 'sav' or 'savi'

6 - Go back into the game and withdraw Magikarp. While in the box, it may not appear shiny. It may even appear as Red Gyarados. Once you take it out though, you'll see that it's the shiny/golden Magikarp.
I've done it myself, and I'm happy to say it works.
I'm not so sure about files being deleted, since my file is okay and working still, but I suppose it might be possible if you do something wrong.
Happy glitching!

UPDATE: Here are pictures of a few Pokemon I've gotten Shiny through this glitch, just to show off and for the skeptics. (sorry for poor picture quality) There are two versions of the Shinies, viewed from Stadium and viewed from my GBA.

Shiny Lugia
[x] (No GBA picture as I released Lugia because it was an accident. It didn't have a name, lol.)

Shiny Ampharos
[x][x]

Shiny Vaporeon
[x][x]

Shiny Flareon
[x][x]

Shiny Ninetales
[x][x] (I leveled him up, heh.)

Look at those lovely curtains! And oh, that beautiful shadow is me.

Also, here's a great way to get Celebi without a Gameshark. O: It's true, it worked for me. It's rather complicated though, but the hard work pays off. The Celebi doesn't do anything to your game and it gets counted in the Dex as well.

UPDATE: Here's a picture of the Shiny Celebi I got through doing the Celebi glitch and the Shiny glitch. :] The Celebi you get comes at LV1 originally, but I leveled him up to LV30.
1634 7867 9741 - heartgold

Last edited by Flan; 03-22-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:14 AM
Chaos Rush Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Incredibly Easy Shiny Glitch! O: (olol, seriously)

And now I wish I had an N64.

(lol, I'm the creator of the topic in the Celebi link you posted). I can post instructions on how to easily get a bad clone without Pokemon Stadium, since I did an extensive study.

But anyways, could you put those shinies on your Gold/Silver/Crystal version and then take pictures?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:12 AM
Raquaza_rox Offline
Experienced Trainer

:o
I must try!

Pearl:
Name-Devin FC-2793 6056 6870

Platinum:
Coming later TODAYYY~ 8D

My trading thread! :D
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=76164
Old 03-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Flan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXRushXx View Post
And now I wish I had an N64.

(lol, I'm the creator of the topic in the Celebi link you posted). I can post instructions on how to easily get a bad clone without Pokemon Stadium, since I did an extensive study.

But anyways, could you put those shinies on your Gold/Silver/Crystal version and then take pictures?

Heh, honestly, it's just a little treat now, too bad people only found out about this so long after. I'd have been overjoyed when I was little to have found out this glitch. x]

That would be great for other people, knowing how hard it was to get my bad clone even with Stadium 2. XD

Sure, I don't mind. :] I have a few more Shinies I got from doing the glitch so I may as well take pictures of them too.

And @Raquaza, you definitely should.
1634 7867 9741 - heartgold
Closed Thread