Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:54 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default When Did You Stop Watching?

As the titles suggests, I'm sure we've all watched the anime at one point or another, but at what point did you give it up? And if you're still watching religiously, what keeps you going for so long?

For me, I used to watch the series constantly, and it was around the Hoenn Saga that I got absolutely sick of seeing the same stuff over and over again. I noticed it happening during the whole Johto saga, but I hung on thinking they'd get out of that routine possibly sooner or later. Never did, so I moved on to other things.

And I passionately hate what they'd done to Pikachu. My god, he needs to find a better trainer before he somehow devolves into a Pichu. Or becomes dumber than a drunken three hundred year old chicken without a head.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:18 AM
Peace Buyer Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Peace Buyer
Default Re: When Did You Stop Watching?

Sorry to tell you but i dont give up on pokemon!

It owns in all ways!

But i have thought of it due to people picking on me about it><

EDIT:I have quit watching it due to grades though but it was only temporary just till my grades were C's or B's!

Last edited by Peace Buyer; 02-15-2009 at 06:20 AM. Reason: adding stuff
Old 02-15-2009, 06:32 AM
The Admiral GiMoo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Pokemon starts at 8:00 AM EST, and I'm usually gone by that time since my bus picks me up at 7:45 AM EST.

Credit to Anastasia-R for making the banner!
Old 02-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Game Over Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Game Over

I stopped watching pokemon after the first season, but I started watching again during the battle frontier.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
As the titles suggests, I'm sure we've all watched the anime at one point or another, but at what point did you give it up? And if you're still watching religiously, what keeps you going for so long?

For me, I used to watch the series constantly, and it was around the Hoenn Saga that I got absolutely sick of seeing the same stuff over and over again. I noticed it happening during the whole Johto saga, but I hung on thinking they'd get out of that routine possibly sooner or later. Never did, so I moved on to other things.

And I passionately hate what they'd done to Pikachu. My god, he needs to find a better trainer before he somehow devolves into a Pichu. Or becomes dumber than a drunken three hundred year old chicken without a head.
On and off. I stopped watching sometime during the Advanced Challenge season, then started again at some point in the Battle Frontier, then I haven't watched it since. On TV, that is. I've watched some part of the anime randomly online, though.

EDIT:And Neo, Pikachu won't devolve. And Ash and Pikachu have been forced to follow the stupid script in a failed attempt to get the anime back on track. Pity them. :P

And you don't need to ask them what keeps those who keep watching the anime do so. It's like asking why fans of a singer keep buying his albums, listening to his songs etc when he never changes his style. (This guy's a good example (for me, at least; most Americans have never heard of him.)) The answer's simple; because it's him. They just can't get enough of his songs. Apply that to Pokemon and... well, it's Pokemon. They're such big fans of it. They don't care how repetitive it is; they just can't get enough of it.

Then again, I could be wrong... Never mind. :X

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 02-18-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

I really liked it, even in Hoenn, I liked it. However Sinnoh just sucks. :s Dawn is terrible!~ Needless to say when Sinnoh started my activity in watching it dropped.

I never get to see new episodes on Saturday! It always comes on at like 7 or 8 AM! I wake up at 9. ;-; All they show is that stupid Bakugan and RobotBoy.

So yea, I'm so-so. :P
Old 02-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Max-Attack Offline
Experienced Trainer

I watched it back when I was eight years old, and going back to it now, only the first season episodes have any appeal to me. I just don't care for the newer stuff. I guess it's mostly for the memories.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55
Post Re: When Did You Stop Watching?

I watched till the battle frointer. Then we got some retard who thinks he knows everyting, and changes the voices

^ ^
Click
Old 02-18-2009, 12:07 AM
Eeveedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude

I stopped watching when we disposed of cable.(3-4 years ago) And my library NEVER buys new dvds so yeah.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post

Whoa, it's been a long time. My brother likes it, so I have to watch it sometimes, but unless there's nothing else on, I don't watch it.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Dalphos Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dalphos

I stopped when I started getting into the games and realizing that the show has almost nothing to do with them.

Pikmin is Win.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:53 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

When it moved from the WB to Cartoon Network, which was the start of Battle Frontier. I don't have cable.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 02-18-2009, 02:02 AM
Frozen Torchic Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I still watch it, but it's not because I am the least bit interested in it anymore. I USED to enjoy the show, and I still do every now and again, but I am only watching it now because I finish what I started; I'm going to see the anime through to the end.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:03 AM
Dalphos Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dalphos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Torchic View Post
I still watch it, but it's not because I am the least bit interested in it anymore. I USED to enjoy the show, and I still do every now and again, but I am only watching it now because I finish what I started; I'm going to see the anime through to the end.
If there ever is one...

Pikmin is Win.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:37 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

I stopped watching when I realized that I had alreacdy seen all episodes, past present and future. The only creative episodes where in the Kanto and Orange Island sagas, after that every episode was exactly the same with a fresh coat of paint. The only episode I've never seen is the Porygon episode.